What Happened To Training?

onceuponatime

Yeah, I wasn't going to mention that but one problem they have to overcome is the vast vast majority of the BC, most of the tapes, are all about GPMs and the various 3DXX iterations. Of course none of that is currently in use, except the parts solo audited. So I have to imagine a GAT II version of the BC would cut out a lot of the GPM stuff. But the BC is supposed to be a chronological study so you can't just cut everything out.... I'm sure they are trying to make the BC faster but how do you cut stuff out and still call it a chronological study? Even if most of it has zero relevance to modern grade chart auditing.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Yeah, I wasn't going to mention that but one problem they have to overcome is the vast vast majority of the BC, most of the tapes, are all about GPMs and the various 3DXX iterations. Of course none of that is currently in use, except on the alternate route, which is solo audited. So I have to imagine a GAT II version of the BC would cut out a lot of the GPM stuff. But the BC is supposed to be a chronological study so you can't just cut everything out.... I'm sure they are trying to make the BC faster but how do you cut stuff out and still call it a chronological study? Even if most of it has zero relevance to modern grade chart auditing.
Bingo! Spot on!

Years ago, when it was touted as the chronological study of the first breakthrough in the understanding
and source of the human mind in trillions of years . . . well, maybe it would have had some justification, if
that turned out to be true. I guess.

But from what we learned about Hubbard's ignoble ending, we know that it definitely wasn't true. So, ergo,
it's just a waste of time. It's more a chronological track of nothingness.

One invests $30K for the course; $11K for the tapes; $6K for two e-meters; 2-3 years of vital youth and
has nothing really useful. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lee #28

Listening to all those tapes was quite a feat!

My experience was quite different from what has been posted already.

First off....I knew that Hubbard wanted to get some point across....some philosophical point or concept....some idea.....some way of looking at something.

But one had to listen to 1 hour and 20 minutes to get it.....

He would come from one direction......then another direction.....then a perhaps a third or forth direction....

These directions would curve....or be like a screw ball......never straight on.

Then I would "have a cognition" and get what he was trying to impart.....

I found the idea that "training was 1/2 the gains of the bridge" was true.

Yes....I really did get "gains" from the tapes.

But that was my life more than 20 years ago....when I was a (mostly) a dedicated cult member.

Today.....I think they are perhaps one of the most evil organizations around.

Edited:

There are similarities to the "mechanics" of the tapes....to how auditing works.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Yes....I really did get "gains" from the tapes.
I invested two decades into it, so I must have been "getting gains," or I wouldn't
have stuck around. When the gains stopped, I quit . . . I guess. And I studied and
listened to as many tapes as anyone, too. I get what you're saying.

Currently, I'm studying other stuff and "getting wins and gains" every day. That's
just what I do and who I am. Just the stuff I'm doing now is not a mind study or
very cerebral, if you will. Other interests I'm passionate about.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
From my point of view - If someone is "trained" in Scientology, that normally comes with a mandate and some informal authority. Class VI's and VIII's were the ones that "knew the tech" is how I remember it.

Thus, they are a threat, always was I imagine, David was never a Div 4 or 5 person himself was he?
Davey never did SHSBC or above, as far as I know, and yet is operating as senior Tech terminal. That had to have created some cognitive dissonance among the old Class XII's.

Karen#1

Masquerading as a trained CS, Miscavige CSed Lisa Mcpherson to attest "CLEAR" which she did.
Shortly thereafter she stripped off her clothes and walked naked down Fort Harrison Avenue which led to her short stay at Morton Plant Hospital for observation from when SCN officials extracted her for 17 day imprisonment at the Fort Harrison.

So much for Miscavige pretense of "Case supervising" expertise.

Last edited:

marra

I've mentioned this before but I think it's relevant to this thread. In Karen Schless Presley's book "Escaping Scientology" she talks about being with David Miscavige in his private office at Int Base when he said to her: "We can't get people to pay for Scientology services. But we can get them to give plenty of money to the IAS for nothing".

She also describes the expensive furniture in his office as being specially built to fit his small physique and he had a cupful of a dozen Mont Blanc pens on his desk. He also had a private 70,000 square foot office building, homes around the United States and overseas, $10,000 suits, lavish gym equipment and so on. Apparently his inner circle said he "deserved it" because he was COB of RTC.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I've mentioned this before but I think it's relevant to this thread. In Karen Schless Presley's book "Escaping Scientology" she talks about being with David Miscavige in his private office at Int Base when he said to her: "We can't get people to pay for Scientology services. But we can get them to give plenty of money to the IAS for nothing".

She also describes the expensive furniture in his office as being specially built to fit his small physique and he had a cupful of a dozen Mont Blanc pens on his desk. He also had a private 70,000 square foot office building, homes around the United States and overseas, $10,000 suits, lavish gym equipment and so on. Apparently his inner circle said he "deserved it" because he was COB of RTC.
I agree that it is absolutely relevant to the thread!!

Everything points in that direction. It seems like a lot of work to put out "new" books, etc. It can't be worth all the trouble, compared to the ease at which they can raise money by saying "we did research and we found that the number one enemy of the planet is _______________, so give us all your money!!"

Eventually it will be a bunch of people giving money to the IAS and to the choich for new buildings to go to for events to get hit up for money to beat up all the enemies of the choich and to buy new buildings to go to for events to get hit up for money...

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Horrors.jpg

The thing that comes to mind is sitting in the "BASICS - WOOHOO!!" event back around 2007, with fearless leader talking about doing battle with semicolons.

There was some datum about how they elected to go about the project, which was to lay out docs (hand written; telexes; lol kleenex's; napkins, etc.) on tables arranged chronologically. There were pics, but we all know that any pic that is released by SCN INC is not fake, so who knows?? I can't specifically recall, but I believe that there was a reference made to redoing the tech vols, and the ado as a result of what was found during the semicolon wars.

Can you imagine the morass? The horrors of someone trying to make sense of it all??

I think it likely he said "fuck it all, let's use the IAS. It's easy." Or maybe he said "I'll be a stripper."

images.jpg

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
It was a big deal in the 90's too. I was in the midst of that in my first org staff life. It was a big god-danged deal. We did all sorts of special drilling in order to get that across to people. There were campaigns using "Reasons To Train", there were all kind of programs done to "Booming An Org Through Training."

Halyards humming in the wind, and we're away!! I think that may be a line from the ref.

Now crickets.

Is the "Basics" now the new training! Does that supplant the training lineup from SH to CLV Grad. I don't even think there is a CL V Grad checksheet anymore, actually. We needed someone to get PDH detection and handling auditing but didn't have a trained auditor, nor could we train one. had to send to another org.

DISCLAIMER : You know I am unserious about the tek being real, and all of the tek handlings being real things. I am just incredulous that they dropped what was once the backbone of the bridge. At least the left side backbone!!
Scientology uses the "buttered all over the universe" approach to mind control as to what is the latest and biggest "big deal" to promote.

It is all up to the Registrar's, who are living the "Stat Driven Life" and take no responsibility for what they create: divorce, bankruptcy, deep debt, financial ruin, shattered dreams and disaster for those they unduly influence.

Here are some of the Scientological IMPLANTS (ALL LIES) I had to remove from my subconscious mind when I left the cult of Scientology:

"Go Clear"
"L Ron Hubbard is SOURCE"
"Go OT"
"Get Trained"
"Come to Flag - the friendliest place on the Planet" :no:
"If you want a new life, DO all 3 L's"
" This is the newest breakthrough to be at cause over MEST - DO Super Powers"
"The 1st discovery SP's altered the TEK: "Golden Age of Tech"
"Books Makes Booms"
"Do Dianetic's and GET RID OF YOUR REACTIVE MIND"
"A decade later, Suppressive Semi-colons. Get and Read The Basics"

"100X your income - Do the Havingness Rundown at FLAG"

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
...they dropped what was once the backbone of the bridge. At least the left side backbone!! And no one still there has noticed?????

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
...they dropped what was once the backbone of the bridge. At least the left side backbone!! And no one still there has noticed?????
I mean no offense, Dotey, but to have a "back bone of the bridge, there has to be a real bridge to spritual freedom.

The Bridge is part of the confusion technique applied by L Ron Hubbard. Most Scientologists, that stay in, end up regrading the Bridge - up and down and over and over until they are dead.

Seeing that in 66 years there is no such thing as a "Clear" or "OT" or anyone that has any super powers as advertised, promised and promoted by the Church of Scientology, the Scientology Bridge to total freedom is absolutely unequivocally spineless.
Would you agree?

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I mean no offense, Dotey, but to have a "back bone of the bridge, there has to be a real bridge to spritual freedom. Seeing that in 65 years there is no such thing as a "Clear" or "OT" or anyone that has any super powers as advertised, promised and promoted, the Bridge is spineless.
Would you agree?
Figurative backbone. Real if you are in still, but it is what it appears to be by those who know better.

But the point still is the point.

If you are in, half the bridge is training, isn't it??

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
There was some datum about how they elected to go about the project, which was to lay out docs (hand written; telexes; lol kleenex's; napkins, etc.) on tables arranged chronologically. There were pics, but we all know that any pic that is released by SCN INC is not fake, so who knows?? I can't specifically recall, but I believe that there was a reference made to redoing the tech vols, and the ado as a result of what was found during the semicolon wars.
In my job, I often need to create documents. I can tell you that the final published document NEVER bears any resemblance to my initial notes. It's a process of revisions, comments by others, fixing wording, etc.

LRH was an author. I have total certainty that he saw the "galley proofs" of every book that went out in his name, and would not let it go to the printers if he was not satisfied that the final proofs were exactly what he wanted. Moreover, those books and HCOB's/HCOPL's were constantly referenced by him.

Lee #28

The thing that comes to mind is sitting in the "BASICS - WOOHOO!!" event back around 2007, with fearless leader talking about doing battle with semicolons.

Can you imagine the morass? The horrors of someone trying to make sense of it all??

I think it likely he said "fuck it all, let's use the IAS. It's easy." Or maybe he said "I'll be a stripper."

Just want to point out that the TECH Vols.....were republished.

There was an Event about around 1995 or 1996....at the Shrine.

At that event...it was stated that .....crews flew all over the world and collected every scrap of paper....and such and such....and verified everything...and on and on.....just like you are saying above.

From reading your post above....it is sounding like even Events are being recycled now....! LOL.

On another note....I can't remember when I stopped seeing BTBs......Board Technical Bulletins....

When were all those pulled from every Course Pack.....? Perhaps around 1980? or earlier...?

Were they in an earlier printing of the Tech Vols.....? ( I think so....)

Edited: Don't remember if at the same Event.....but the entire SHSBC was also revamped around that time with new Course Packs.....and new cassette Tape Binders....and "verified" tape transcripts....

All this was done prior to GAT 1....which came out a couple years later.

There was a huge push to get Starts onto the SHSBC ......and there were several hundred students on it.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Just want to point out that the TECH Vols.....were republished.

There was an Event about around 1995 or 1996....at the Shrine.
The red Tech Viols have been withdrawn. They don't exist as such in Orgs today. You won't find them in the Qual Library.

The official reason is same official reason there is no SHSBC -- i.e., they are filled with errors, only David Miscavige can correct them, and to date he hasn't had the time.

There are Course Packs, Hat Pack, and the green Management Viols are available, but no red Tech Viols. Generally, it you want to research the tech on something, you have to find the relevant Course Pack.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Some great posts and speculation here.

I think the simplicity is that these days, and probably for some time, training does not have the same status that Clear/OT does. If you asked any Scientologist what would they rather be, Clear or a Class IV auditor and they will mostly all say Clear. If you asked OT vs trained I don't think anyone will say trained, they all want the OT super powers.

Add that to the fact that training takes some time and some effort (whether you believe in it or not, Scientology training does take some actual dedication/time/skill versus sitting in a chair answering questions) and it's pretty easy to see why training has become less popular. Also from the orgs stand point they buy a training package and then they are in the Academy training for at least a year, i.e. no more/new donations. They could use up a similar amount of auditing in a month or two.

Also I'm sure people don't like constantly redoing their training. While yes there has been some re-do stuff on the auditing side it generally isn't the same as all your certs are cancelled re-start from Student Hat. The only major cycle that I recall that matches it on the auditing side is when everyone got told they weren't Clear and had to re-do their lower bridge. I'm not going to go into that too much but I will add that the reason they all had to do it at Flag at Class IX rates is simple. They were already OT and had been exposed to the OT material, so even though they weren't Clear they had the OT data. No way was a lower classed auditor/C/S/org going to handle them, not when they'd already been exposed to the OT data. I know some people were already refusing to re-train after GAT I came out and I'm sure GAT II only added to those numbers.

These days the only people really training are those in the SO or Staff who are training to be auditors or for some tech post. Though I have heard of some people being required to train before doing OT levels.

I'm not sure about why the rest of the training stuff hasn't been released, Grad V/BC etc. I have some speculation but really it's just speculation.
I don't think anybody is training or auditing these days, at least not the general public, all missions and orgs are closed.

It would be cool if the covid-19 pandemic had a silver lining of putting DM and scientology out of business, forever.

New HCO PL's and HCOB's will need to be released, hand sanitizer to be applied to the PC's hands before picking up the cans. Always wash e-meter cans with sanitizer using newspaper print.

Riddick

I clap to no man
My Saint Hill Special Briefing Course in 1971 was a meandering labyrinth of Goals Problems Mass tapes with 3G criss cross procedures and goal finding and whole track goal finding and how one opposed one's own goals etc.etc.

Then after all the clay demos, after all the indoctrination and digesting it all......

ALL CANCELLED.

Hubbard announced all Goals, All GPM plots were IMPLANTED !
You had not found your ACTUAL goal.
No one found their ACTUAL goal.
Only IMPLANTED goals were uncovered.

And from then on Hubbard did in fact point more and more to IMPLANTS, arguably obsessively.

Whole Track Psychiatrists were the WHO of having any case at all.
OT 2 is all implants.
OT 3 is the 75 million year ago implant

NOTS is handling the Body Thetans that were mostly the victims of these implants.

Does anyone wonder why it is all "SECRETIVE" and under wraps and "CONFIDENTIAL" til you are READY?
Til RTC and OSA give you ELIGIBILITY to trust you not to share such secrets with anyone ?
Two reason I can think of.

1. Hubbard loved using the mystery sandwich to lure in.

2. If you had done the OT levels and told others such as the general joe blow on the street or a lower level pc/scientologists, they would think you are nuts.

Just thought of another one, dianetics was about engrams or hypnotic suggestions while unconscious, to keep the story line alive, hubbard introduces OT, exterior, past lives in scientology, thus you need engrams (implants) from evil beings while being a free being long ago.

What a science fiction movie this whole thing is, lol. Many parts to it, too, you can't tell the story unless you have many episodes.

Last edited: