What Happened To Training?

Veda

i'm trying to work my way through the history of this thread, but for starters i just want to throw my quick summarized overview of what i see as the big picture, based on never having been in scientology, but having experience in some of things it is based on as well as with offshoots, plus formal work in psychology:

* 'training' like the SHSBC fell by the wayside in good part because it contains too much of Hubbard's weirdness, including most obviously racist/fascist rants, for general consumption in the 21st century.
Ironically, explosive catharsis is tolerated and sometimes encouraged by dysfunctional college students and hoodlums.

There is an establishment view that discourages catharsis, sometimes even under controlled conditions. Has catharsis been outlawed yet? There seem to be plenty of "New Age"-type therapists who use it.

even Dianetics is a horrendous mess, including the bizarre claims that women almost habitually try to abort their fetuses with knitting needles, outdated in many ways before it first went to press.
That's not part of modern Dianetic R3R.

'processing' in the post Lisa McPherson, post Elli Perkins, post multiple strange Flag suicides and who knows what else was swept under the rug, era, had to be reduced and severely restricted, because by the 21st century what Hubbard had failed to pay attention to in the 40s had become too painfully obvious and too hard to hide any longer in the face of modern media, including social media -- amateurish hypnotic, regressive, and abreactive/cathartic based techniques intended in part to try to push people into states like 'exteriorization' (diassociation) without going over the edge into psychosis, inevitably result in an unacceptable number of bad outcomes.
There isn't much actual catharsis in Scientology, but when it occurs it is exploited.

Very few go insane after experiencing catharsis when it occurs.

These days, unstable people are turned away. Usually they have a "psych" history and are blocked from receiving counseling.

I've also picked up a lot from various old timers i've talked to including some pretty well known figures. i'd be interested to hear what others with experience think about those 'viewpoints'.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
There isn't much actual catharsis in Scientology, but when it occurs it is exploited.

Very few go insane after experiencing catharsis when it occurs.

These days, unstable people are turned away. Usually they have a "psych" history and are blocked from receiving counseling.
catharsis covers various levels of emotional relief or release, and from the reports of various altered states including auditing 'high' being experienced, it seems to me that it or something like it is relatively common during auditing. but as you point to, it is a complex subject.

i think the "Long strings of psychotics" thread points to some of the various evidence that scientology has had an unusually high incidence of psychosis, even if it's not exactly common.

and look at the violent incidents scientology engenders. it seems that about every other year there's a major incident or a death at an org. and yet the entirety of scientology worldwide is only about as large as a medium sized megachurch; what megachurch has regular violence and killings every couple of years? it's not always members themselves but sometimes family; regardless, it's part of some dynamic that happens often enough it's not just coincidence among a small group.

and you're right that Flag in particular started really vetting people carefully. as i understand it, they'll 69 anyone with any sort of 'bad indicators'. they no longer serve the same clientele they once did, and that's indeed a way of restricting delivery. plus it also seems to me that GAT really reduced and watered down the auditing delivered at local orgs (much less at missions, and by virtually extinct field auditors), which had a similar sort of effect, and accelerated the long trend toward shifting auditing to upper level orgs -- where it can be more carefully controlled, limited, and restricted including by its just becoming harder and more expensive to access.

if you turn away anyone with any hint of possibile instability you're just catering to the 'worried well' for exhorbitant amounts of money -- exactly what Hubbard accused Freudian analysts of the era of doing, and not without justification,

p.s. thanks for the couple of responses.

guanoloco

As-Wased
i'm trying to work my way through the history of this thread, but for starters i just want to throw my quick summarized overview of what i see as the big picture, based on never having been in scientology, but having experience in some of things it is based on as well as with offshoots, plus formal work in psychology:

* 'training' like the SHSBC fell by the wayside in good part because it contains too much of Hubbard's weirdness, including most obviously racist/fascist rants, for general consumption in the 21st century. even Dianetics is a horrendous mess, including the bizarre claims that womyn almost habitually try to abort their fetuses with knitting needles, outdated in many ways before it first went to press.

* 'processing' in the post Lisa McPherson, post Elli Perkins, post multiple strange Flag suicides and who knows what else was swept under the rug, era, had to be reduced and severely restricted, because by the 21st century what Hubbard had failed to pay attention to in the 40s had become too painfully obvious and too hard to hide any longer in the face of modern media, including social media -- amateurish hypnotic, regressive, and abreactive/cathartic based techniques intended in part to try to push people into states like 'exteriorization' (diassociation) without going over the edge into psychosis, inevitably result in an unacceptable number of bad outcomes.

i've also picked up a lot from various old timers i've talked to including some pretty well known figures. i'd be interested to hear what others with experience think about those 'viewpoints'.
I don't think training has been impacted by any views that Hubbard had racist/fascist rants. Certainly by the time any student were to encounter anything like that they'll have already witnessed enough workable things as to be an unquestioning consumer. Most, if not all, of Hubbard's lectures and writings have been edited.

In fact, it's the untrained Scientologists that exhibit the too weirdness for general consumption in the 21st Century. The more and higher trained Scientologists are the ones who I've witnessed are in better communication with and behave better to and interact best with people who aren't in Scientology or exposed to it. It's the newbies and the untrained that tend to behave the weirdest from what I've observed.

The target of Dianetics were 20, 30, 40 and 50 years old in 1950. The coat hangers and knitting needles weren't outdated and this was when Oedipus Complex and penis envy were hitting the general Joe in the street and all the rave.

Here's an article that may be relevant: What Americans Have Forgotten About The Era Before Roe v. Wade

There's no obvious or greater liability to processing in terms of fatalities regardless if its taking place or not.

Even if there were there's ample Hubbard writings wherein he does exactly what he blames psychiatry for and that's making the claim that Scientology was too late to get to the person and that prior psychiatric exposure is to blame. Had Scientology been able to rescue earlier...blah...blah...blah...

I think what's happening is that Miscavige is micromanaging and that's a sure way to shrink. People are doing their Bridges all over again so there's no apparent shortage of processing as an emphasis.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
In fact, it's the untrained Scientologists that exhibit the too weirdness for general consumption in the 21st Century. The more and higher trained Scientologists are the ones who I've witnessed are in better communication with and behave better to and interact best with people who aren't in Scientology or exposed to it. It's the newbies and the untrained that tend to behave the weirdest from what I've observed.
I agree with your statement regarding trained people, and this was a bit of the enticement for me. I joined the cult around 1990. What I noticed that people that were trained auditors, and not all of them were auditing others, were more stable than those not trained. Those trained appeared to be more stable in regards to directions, answering questions, getting ruffled, etc. The people not trained seemed to be, for lack of a better word "Flaky."

Training was pushed for business owners and professionals back then. "Auditors make the best executives" was a line from HCO PL "Reasons To Train" and it seemed true for me then.

Training isn't promoted that way now.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I agree with your statement regarding trained people, and this was a bit of the enticement for me. I joined the cult around 1990. What I noticed that people that were trained auditors, and not all of them were auditing others, were more stable than those not trained. Those trained appeared to be more stable in regards to directions, answering questions, getting ruffled, etc. The people not trained seemed to be, for lack of a better word "Flaky."

Training was pushed for business owners and professionals back then. "Auditors make the best executives" was a line from HCO PL "Reasons To Train" and it seemed true for me then.

Training isn't promoted that way now.
I think the flaky ones are more tractable for management (Miscavige)...in the same way that the TWTH RD was dropped because it made Scilons too independent to toe the off-policy line that is Miscavige.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Training to be an auditor WAS considered, or made to be a very important thing. A person could be ridiculed "Oh, she is just being a PC." What that meant was the person seemed to be the effect of things rather than cause. The idea of training was you were supposed to be more "At Cause" after you did training than before. There was supposed to be a benefit of doing training over and above that you could audit, you were now senior to the pc and his/her case, because you were now an auditor and had skills on doing battle with the bank. Fifty percent of your potential gains were supposed to be from training. All kinds of propaganda flowed in regards to this. The hco pl "reasons to train" was something that you needed to know thoroughly so that you could sell training or use in scheduling or enlightenment.

But there was so much more that was said about training, it was given a huge buildup.

As of the 1980's, there was a big push for people in LA to do the SHSBC as part of their OT preps, that being on the Briefing Course would make your OT eligibility go easier, as the people granting eligibility approvals looked more kindly on people who did training.

I think they wanted more field auditors disseminating.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
The basics. I think the set of books would run about 3k. Courses for those books run anywhere from $50 USD for fundamentals of thot or history of man, to $500 for pdc's. It could take several years to do the full set of basic courses, and be a full basics completion. woohoo. Full time would take around a year.

I supervised courses, and would walk around while supervising, wondering why these courses weren't more, because the math was really shitty.
Training was priced low because they were counting on auditors to disseminate.

When they destroyed field auditing, they also destroyed any reason to offer training to public.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Training was priced low because they were counting on auditors to disseminate.

When they destroyed field auditing, they also destroyed any reason to offer training to public.

My guess is that the SHSBC is being redone and getting ready to be re-released at some future date. Look at the sheer numbers of lectures, course packs and all that. It will probably be directly tied into a chronological order of tech and general lectures so that you get a streaming barrage of Hubbard-eck pouring at you as it is researched and related to the world.

Just think of that...on this day in April in 1965 these Admin policies and these Tech bulletins were released along with this book here and this lecture given here and this lecture to staff over here and you, the Scientologist, get it ALL in its relevancy on the day of its release.

It's like you're right there with Ron when it happened!!!

Something along these lines is being done...just like GAT one and then GAT two.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
As of the 1980's, there was a big push for people in LA to do the SHSBC as part of their OT preps, that being on the Briefing Course would make your OT eligibility go easier, as the people granting eligibility approvals looked more kindly on people who did training.

I think they wanted more field auditors disseminating.
Auditors disseminate, pc's don't came from a PL I believe.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
My guess is that the SHSBC is being redone and getting ready to be re-released at some future date. Look at the sheer numbers of lectures, course packs and all that. It will probably be directly tied into a chronological order of tech and general lectures so that you get a streaming barrage of Hubbard-eck pouring at you as it is researched and related to the world.

Just think of that...on this day in April in 1965 these Admin policies and these Tech bulletins were released along with this book here and this lecture given here and this lecture to staff over here and you, the Scientologist, get it ALL in its relevancy on the day of its release.

It's like you're right there with Ron when it happened!!!

Something along these lines is being done...just like GAT one and then GAT two.
That would make sense, in the basics there is a chronological study. There were pieces missing though. Full chronological is longer, I believe. I could see the marketing of a new training line up, if do it again Dave has his way.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
My unofficial two cents . . .

Don't quote me, but I got the feeling that half the stuff one studies religiously on the SHSBC
was invalidated, changed or nullified at some point later in the course. Maybe a year later,
maybe even just a week later. The whole course seems like it is a series of flip-flops and/or
a meandering river. Much of it is historical background, dead ends, and un-resolved avenues
of inquiry. Many students complained about this later on.

I'm speaking as if any of it is valid. It is not. Just trying to explain it to you as a believer would.

I never did the course, but I've looked over much of it -- and the tapes -- and have spoken to
many people who did it.

Basically, it is a "research record" of what was in Ron's imagination day to day, week to week.
Or how he felt and what he made up during his self-examinations and flights of fancy, which
changed a helluva lot over the years. Constantly. Sometimes daily.

Also:

I did some repair auditing once on an older SHSBC case, who did a sh*t-load of "research"
L&Ns and goals research on the original BC in the mid-60's.

Did not behave like standard PCs off the street. He was a tremendously complex case with scads
listing problems constantly and really a handful of unfixable significance and complexity within
his mind. Scary what all the experimental listing and nulling and wild searches did to this particular
guy. I didn't see a resolution ever. He was just gonna be that way forever. Some of the early SHSBC
"experimental work" apparently gave people some false outlooks, false certainties, and false ways
to think about life that turned out to be hard to purge or retreat from.

Imagine looking for/at own or implanted GPMs for the solution to your "case problems" for the rest
of your life. Confusing.

Lee #28

That would make sense, in the basics there is a chronological study. There were pieces missing though. Full chronological is longer, I believe. I could see the marketing of a new training line up, if do it again Dave has his way.

Yea, for sure. The BC was "re-released" with new materials twice, while I was on it.

There was a massive event and fanfare about the "New Briefing Course" materials..... ( back in 1997 or there abouts...)

The Cult loves to re-package and charge everyone to do it again...what ever the course may be....

I thought the "full" chronological research was covered in that new release of the Research and Discovery series of books. Every Taped Lecture had a transcript .....and all of Hubbard's stuff was published....

To make the R & D vols into some sort of Briefing Course....would be nuts. The stuff researched goes WAY back.....pre "Bridge..."

The Briefing Course was long enough....and covered mainly pertinent "current usage..."

What the Cult needs to do is stop lying about Course Length time.....as on the BC.

BUT....the SHSBC is entirely "Lower Bridge"......and mainly or entirely released PRIOR to the discovery of OT3......

So.....there are complexities on the BC where, I believe Hubbard was trying to advance cases.....that didn't work...and he "solved" with OT3 and above... ie: 20 years or more of auditing on OT3, OT4, OT5, and OT7.

Edited:

See @ILove2Lurk post above...

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
The thing is is that any lack of training emphasis is merely the eye of the storm for the next BIG RELEASE!! That's coming down the line.

It will be THE item....the WHY that has stymied planet-wide Clearing!!!!

Veda

catharsis covers various levels of emotional relief or release, and from the reports of various altered states including auditing 'high' being experienced, it seems to me that it or something like it is relatively common during auditing. but as you point to, it is a complex subject.
Preamble: It's a fine point, but, these days, with the spirit of totalitarianism sweeping society, and greater "top down control" by the government-corporate complex (the name for which is "fascism") being asserted, and the possibility of a "social credit system" and electronic monitoring of speech, commerce, movement and, conceivably, even thoughts, no longer being far fetched ideas from a dystopian paperback novel, I have to express my support for (unauthorized) "altered states." That may sound silly, but there's a nuance. I recognize the danger of "altered states" inside a (destructive) cult milieu, such as Scientology, but reject those who seek to assert control over our minds - often with the pretext of "protecting" us, and "safety," etc. - and I reject that control just as I reject something like Scientology.

The difference is that Scientology is small, and society and the government, etc. is large and encompassing.

I mention this because there seem to be some who oppose the totalitarian system of Scientology who seem entirely too comfortable with the trend toward totalitarianism in society. But, of course, I could be mistaken in that perception, and I hope I am.

Anyway, that's the end of the preamble.

i think the "Long strings of psychotics" thread points to some of the various evidence that scientology has had an unusually high incidence of psychosis, even if it's not exactly common.
Footnote on Hubbard's use of the term "psychotics." He sometimes used it to describe people who were not really psychotic. A person might disagree with Hubbard and Hubbard would call him "psychotic," etc. So, while no doubt there were some actual "psychotics," Hubbard sometimes classified people who didn't like him as "psychotic." He also classified those who didn't like Dianetics as "low" on his "Tone Scale," and thus not sane.

And ex wife Sara was described as having been PDHed, etc.

Anyway, during that period - early to mid 1950s - Hubbard was trying out - testing - many ideas that he would implement, with gusto, beginning during the early 1960s. So it became even worse.

and look at the violent incidents scientology engenders. it seems that about every other year there's a major incident or a death at an org. and yet the entirety of scientology worldwide is only about as large as a medium sized megachurch; what megachurch has regular violence and killings every couple of years? it's not always members themselves but sometimes family; regardless, it's part of some dynamic that happens often enough it's not just coincidence among a small group.
There are many things in Scientology that can lead to delusion, confusion, paranoia, obsession, depression, guilt, shame, suicidal tendencies, suicide, violence, and even murder.

Mary Sue Hubbard reading about her last sixty trillion years

Scientology messes with people's minds. After all, "mental healing" was the entry point for both Dianetics and Scientology, and both emphasized that the person's SURVIVAL depended on how well the person progressed in its system of "mental healing."

(Cutting and pasting of other old posts begins here. Hope it's not too sloppy.)

"Advanced Courses are the most valuable services on the planet. Life insurance, houses, cars, stocks, bonds, college savings all are transitory and impermanent... There is nothing to compare with Advanced Courses. They are infinitely valuable and transcend time itself."

L, Ron Hubbard, during the late 1960s, writing of his confidential "upper levels," from Mission Order 375,
from Scientology's Hard Sell pack for training Scientology sales people or registrars.

Scientology was becoming increasingly more secretive before the "Advanced Courses" appeared.

Secrecy, deception, "implanting," authoritarianism, "brainwashing," being punitive, were mentioned, by Hubbard, to unsuspecting Scientologists, as things done by the bad guys - as "enemy tactics" - and then Hubbard would turn around and use those same ideas and actions on his own defenseless followers, who knew - with "total certainty" - that "Mankind's Greatest Friend" would never do such a thing.

This pattern was commented upon as early as October 1950, in the book, A Doctor's Report on Dianetics, by Joseph Winter, who had written the introduction for Dianetics, the Modern Science of Mental Health. Winter had noticed that Hubbard liked to lecture about the evils of authoritarianism while being authoritarian himself:

"There was a difference in the ideals inherent in the Dianetic hypothesis and the actions of the Foundation in its ostensible efforts to carry out those ideals... as I saw them, included non-authoritarianism and flexibility of approach... These ideals... continued to be given lip-service, but I could see a definite disparity between ideals and actualities..."

Scientologists might say this was simply the result of working in an imperfect environment, where "We build a world with broken straws," etc., but, in 1954, Volney Mathison - whose electro-pyschometer, based on the much earlier Wheatstone bridge of the 1800s, and popularized, to some extent, by Carl Jung in the early 1900s - made this observation, referring to Hubbard:

_________________________________Begin quote________________________________​

...a certain type of sick patient is referred to as being vampire-like in behavior. But such a patient is not really aware of why he acts as he does, a far more despicable vampire-like personality is that of a vicious type of fraudulent cult therapist who operates in the two following phases:

First, he denounces or "exposes"... Then he USES THE VERY POWER HE HAS DENOUNCED [sic]... but the techniques he employs are of a covert type...

The victim is caught completely off guard. He has just heard all about the evils... so he believes that here is this kind and honest person whom one can TRUST...

_________________________________End quote________________________________

A virtual compendium of ideas and methods used by Hubbard on others, including his own followers, can be compiled by listing the things he denounced, or about which he warned.

The cover of Hubbard's hoax "Russian" manual of 1955 - which depicted Dianetics and, in a 1968 printing, "the Church of Scientology," as under attack by Russian communists - aptly describes the Scientology operation, in its definition of psychopolitics.

The original manual

Remarkably, this booklet was spotted as the "blueprint" for the Scientology movement as early as 1965

The pattern of Hubbard warning people about the bad guys doing something, and then turning around and doing the same thing, was repeated over and over.

In the above manual, Hubbard was warning about "brainwashing."

Scientology presents itself as the antithesis of "brainwashing," while advising people to think for themselves.

Scientologists would soon be reading the super-hyped secret materials where Hubbard would tell them what's wrong with them.

And applauding his giant photograph in gratitude.

At the "upper levels" Hubbard authoritatively TELLS Scientologists the contents of their own minds and spaces.

And if they don't agree, or are not delighted with the results, that means there's something very wrong with them.

*​

Also, at its core, Scientology is a violent subject.

Link to Lightness of organization thread.

Link to Scientology: The Higher OT Levels Begin After You Commit Suicide thread.

Link toLRH Dead. Scientologists react thread.

Link toScientology & Jim Jonesthread.

and you're right that Flag in particular started really vetting people carefully. as i understand it, they'll 69 anyone with any sort of 'bad indicators'. they no longer serve the same clientele they once did, and that's indeed a way of restricting delivery. plus it also seems to me that GAT really reduced and watered down the auditing delivered at local orgs (much less at missions, and by virtually extinct field auditors), which had a similar sort of effect, and accelerated the long trend toward shifting auditing to upper level orgs -- where it can be more carefully controlled, limited, and restricted including by its just becoming harder and more expensive to access.

if you turn away anyone with any hint of possibile instability you're just catering to the 'worried well' for exhorbitant amounts of money -- exactly what Hubbard accused Freudian analysts of the era of doing, and not without justification,

p.s. thanks for the couple of responses.
Link to Scientology exploits catharsis thread.

IMO, it's unlikely that this person - below - was a casualty of catharsis, except, possibly, that he was provided with some relief, early on, by catharsis of some degree or type, which encouraged him to pursue Scientology further.

It's more likely that he found himself in the unpleasant position of being INSIDE Scientology and being regarded as a "Suppressive Person" or a "Degraded Being." The guilt and shame and sense of worthlessness would be agonizing.

He possibly thought he was going to "end cycle" (as Scientology call it), "drop his body," and then start over.

That image is gonna haunt me for a bit. The frontman for Scn's whole "Felicidad" commits suicide.

It is just profoundly sad and disturbing. My sincere condolences to all his family members and friends, if any of you might be reading this.

Hubbard, when interest in Scientology - and income - started to wane, in the mid 1970s, announced that there were 15 additional unreleased OT levels. However, OT 8, as "total cause" (See link below), continued to be sold. (This continued until after NOTs - "cause of Life"- was announced and released in 1978.)

There was speculation, at the time, that these were OT abilities used in other universes beyond the MEST universe.

Subsequently, over the years, there were other statements.

Despite these modifications. the super human state of "OT" continue to be sold.

In truth there were no more OT levels, and Hubbard knew it, and lied.

Link to the 1970 Grade Chart. This is the chart that was prominently displayed on walls and in magazines throughout Scientology's period of greatest expansion, and the beginning of "big league" money-getting.

To paraphrase Hubbard from the OEC volumes: "We can demand total discipline because we can deliver total freedom."

People were recruited into Scientology, and the Sea Org, and some even sent their children to be servants for L. Ron Hubbard, because they believed what this Grade Chart, and what Hubbard, over many years, told them.

The top level, under ability gained, was: "Ability to be at cause knowingly and at will over thought, life, form, matter, energy, space, and time, subjective and objective."

Under ability lost was: "Freedom from inability to be totally free and at total cause as a being."

This was not presented as a hypothetical. It was sold as fact. This was when Scientology established itself.

What was Frank Suarez told by Scientology Inc. that, ultimately, drove him to suicide?

Did Scientology Inc. tell him: "Well, Scientology worked on us, and we're OT. If you're not, it wasn't the tech that failed. You failed."

Did Frank Suarez throw himself off the balcony to his death believing he was a Degraded Being, or even a Suppressive Person?

Will we ever know?

HelluvaHoax!

I wanted to do something like that with many people with different locations, that also showed the lack of people and the weirdness, true weirdness associated, and call it:

A DAY IN THE LIE OF SCIENTOLOGY.
LOL!

Thanks to L. Don Hubbard (see avatar at left and cv below) and his post of February 2020, there is even a theme song to play over the film's opening credits.

A DAY IN THE LIE
I read the OODs* today, oh boy!
About a lucky being who made the Grade
And though their superpowers were rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh,
I saw the graduation photograph.
He blew his reactive mind out in a cog
He didn't notice that he'd been short changed.
A crowd of people stood and clapped
They'd seen his space before
Nobody was really sure
if he was from the ideal
House of Lies.
* OODs: "Orders Of the Day", the daily publication of miraculous events to wannabe OTS, by their supernatural guru, L. Ron Hubbard.

HelluvaHoax!

My unofficial two cents . . .

Don't quote me, but I got the feeling that half the stuff one studies religiously on the SHSBC
was invalidated, changed or nullified at some point later in the course. Maybe a year later,
maybe even just a week later. The whole course seems like it is a series of flip-flops and/or
a meandering river. Much of it is historical background, dead ends, and un-resolved avenues
of inquiry. Many students complained about this later on.

I'm speaking as if any of it is valid. It is not. Just trying to explain it to you as a believer would.

I never did the course, but I've looked over much of it -- and the tapes -- and have spoken to
many people who did it.

Basically, it is a "research record" of what was in Ron's imagination day to day, week to week.
Or how he felt and what he made up during his self-examinations and flights of fancy, which
changed a helluva lot over the years. Constantly. Sometimes daily.

Also:

I did some repair auditing once on an older SHSBC case, who did a sh*t-load of "research"
L&Ns and goals research on the original BC in the mid-60's.

Did not behave like standard PCs off the street. He was a tremendously complex case with scads
listing problems constantly and really a handful of unfixable significance and complexity within
his mind. Scary what all the experimental listing and nulling and wild searches did to this particular
guy. I didn't see a resolution ever. He was just gonna be that way forever. Some of the early SHSBC
"experimental work" apparently gave people some false outlooks, false certainties, and false ways
to think about life that turned out to be hard to purge or retreat from.

Imagine looking for/at own or implanted GPMs for the solution to your "case problems" for the rest
of your life. Confusing.

Well, about the St. Hill Special Briefing Course, there is factually NOTHING on it that would be needed to audit someone up to Grade IV Release. The "Academy" (training level) covers all the processes and necessary theory to audit those grades.

For my money, the SHSBC is simply an impressive dumpster that is filled with a whole lotta triumphant "breakthroughs" that all got amended, revised and canceled. And if they were not canceled they would not change even one nano-second of an auditor's regimen whilst auditing "raw meat" up to Grade IV.

The GPMS data, and all of the surefire ways to "clear" the PC were all tossed out by Hubbard himself when it was discovered that none of them worked. The exact same scenario for the original OT IV, OT V, OT VI and OT VII levels—that quietly disappeared in the night and nobody dared to ask about it. All those miraculous processes to stably exteriorize "the being", LOL. Nobody has ever met "the being" or knows where "the being" is.

Perhaps "the being" did in fact go exterior. So much so that they departed to deep space and had no interest in returning to this "slave planet".

The SHSBC is also eerily reminiscent of Dianetics The Modern Science of Mental Health. By Hubbard's own words (in the later 1950s) the technology in that book did not produce a Clear. The hokey search for pre-natal engrams and "hypnotic phrases" that are the "sole cause" of "the being's" aberration are not even on the grade chart any more, despite the book being pitched, hyped and sold ad nauseam for the past 70 years.

PRO TIP: In case anyone wonders how and why Scientologists don't question 98% of Scientology's earth shattering "discoveries" and "processes", it's very simple. Hubbard uses disconnection tech to get Scientologists to FORGET about his tech that was greater than the discovery of fire and the wheel. He simply announces with great fanfare the astonishing NEW tech that is even better. Hubbard's biggest discovery during his 36 years at the helm of the hoax was that if he could conjure enough CERTAINTY in his voice, he could effectively erase Scientologists memory of all that went before---and get them super excited about the super-new super-tech! "Hey everyone, we don't need to do the "Grand Tour" process any more because Ron just discovered that running around a pole for 8 hours a day runs out the only reason "the being" cannot go exterior." (cue Scientologists to stand and wildly applaud, cue exploding confetti, cue massive balloon drop, cue registrars to flood into the auditorium, cue exit doors to be locked and guarded from the inside by "ethics officers").

HelluvaHoax!

I'm gobsmacked. :omg: I've read many of your posts on Tony's (I don't post there) and I always
marvel at your deep dive knowledge of all things sci and Hubbard, including points of minutiae
that few delve into or know about. You must have spent years 24/7 digging into all this, LOL.
I know quite a lot, but seldom run across someone like you who knows so much about
scientology's past, distant past, and current shenanigans. My hat's off to you.
:hattip:
You're usually very on point with your conclusions and some I've found staggeringly insightful
. . . especially for you never having been in. A joy to read and so well written. Please carry on. :yes:

Interesting perspective and description. I've seen some people pushed into imaginary incidents
and into inventing imaginary pasts and pushed right into hospital mental wards. Frightening
outcomes for them. I was young at the time and rationalized it away with "tech references."

Pray tell. Would be interesting to hear about when you have time and are inclined. We like this stuff. :whistle:

Nice!

I really like the part about Reyne Meyer learning at such an impressive micro level all the ins and outs of Dr. Hubbard's planet changing technologies!

Wouldn't Reyne make an incredibly qualified spy to send in? LOL. It's like so many of those World War II or Cold War movies where a spy first needs to spend years of meticulous deep-dive training so they can't be tripped up when they are parachuted into enemy territory. Yeah, they have to sound like a native born German when they are halted by SS sentries posted around 1943 Berlin.

I wonder if there aren't a list of the TOP TEN questions Scn management could ask a suspected spook in their midst. In World War II they would often ask really innocuous sounding things like "Hey who won the World Series in 1939?"

It would be hilarious to ask Reyne some of those kind of questions to see if there are things that ONLY A FORMER SCIENTOLOGIST would possibly know. I can think of a few questions that might do that, but who knows? Maybe Reyne is like one of those contestants on JEOPARDY that wins 19 million dollars and never answers a question wrong! LOL

HelluvaHoax!

Yea, for sure. The BC was "re-released" with new materials twice, while I was on it.

There was a massive event and fanfare about the "New Briefing Course" materials..... ( back in 1997 or there abouts...)

The Cult loves to re-package and charge everyone to do it again...what ever the course may be....

I thought the "full" chronological research was covered in that new release of the Research and Discovery series of books. Every Taped Lecture had a transcript .....and all of Hubbard's stuff was published....

To make the R & D vols into some sort of Briefing Course....would be nuts. The stuff researched goes WAY back.....pre "Bridge..."

The Briefing Course was long enough....and covered mainly pertinent "current usage..."

What the Cult needs to do is stop lying about Course Length time.....as on the BC.

BUT....the SHSBC is entirely "Lower Bridge"......and mainly or entirely released PRIOR to the discovery of OT3......

So.....there are complexities on the BC where, I believe Hubbard was trying to advance cases.....that didn't work...and he "solved" with OT3 and above... ie: 20 years or more of auditing on OT3, OT4, OT5, and OT7.

Edited:

See @ILove2Lurk post above...

LOL. One has to love Scientology's "RE-RELEASE" of the same materials over and over again. "Hey everyone, we found a missing comma in one of the books, but there's even better news! Now that we found that fatal tech alter-is (which is why nobody went OT in 70 years) we are RE-RELEASING all the books and it's only going to cost you $4,000!"

I think it would be an effective marketing program if Scientology senior management announced:

1. The exciting RE-RELEASE of the SHSBC materials (Hey we found one comma that probably should have been a semicolon!!!")

2. Mandatory order that all Scientologists are required to BUY all of the bulletins, PABS and many hundreds of audio taped lectures so they have their own personal copy.

3. Mandatory order that all Scientologists must buy a SECOND SET of all the SHSBC materials, in case there is some emergency and the first set is not available. (see e-meter marketing tech!)

4. Mandatory order that all Scientologist must buy a THIRD SET of all the SHSBC materials, in order to insert into a titanium time capsule to bury in their back yard. (In case there is a nuclear war and hundreds of thousands of years in the future a cave man is able to stumble across Ron's planet saving tech!)

5. Mandatory order that all Scientologists must buy a SECOND TITANIUM TIME CAPSULE, in case something happens to the first.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member

LOL. One has to love Scientology's "RE-RELEASE" of the same materials over and over again. "Hey everyone, we found a missing comma in one of the books, but there's even better news! Now that we found that fatal tech alter-is (which is why nobody went OT in 70 years) we are RE-RELEASING all the books and it's only going to cost you $4,000!"

I think it would be an effective marketing program if Scientology senior management announced:

1. The exciting RE-RELEASE of the SHSBC materials (Hey we found one comma that probably should have been a semicolon!!!")

2. Mandatory order that all Scientologists are required to BUY all of the bulletins, PABS and many hundreds of audio taped lectures so they have their own personal copy.

3. Mandatory order that all Scientologists must buy a SECOND SET of all the SHSBC materials, in case there is some emergency and the first set is not available. (see e-meter marketing tech!)

4. Mandatory order that all Scientologist must buy a THIRD SET of all the SHSBC materials, in order to insert into a titanium time capsule to bury in their back yard. (In case there is a nuclear war and hundreds of thousands of years in the future a cave man is able to stumble across Ron's planet saving tech!)

5. Mandatory order that all Scientologists must buy a SECOND TITANIUM TIME CAPSULE, in case something happens to the first.

Will there be a 20% IAS discount? How about the 50% complete your library discount? Gee, you know it's not just titanium capsules - the issues must be etched on stainless steel plates. So we are talking 20 capsules at 100K per capsule. So I figure the "retail" price for the new super duper SHSBC materials will run 2.5 million. But if you buy now to complete your library you can get them for $1,250,000. The course itself is another $20,000. And be sure you get your 2 Mk VIII meter for a meager deal of $10,000.

Just want to say what an awesome leader we have in COB. He's streamlined everything so perfectly!