COURT OF ETHICS FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS JUSTIN CRAIG, AKA LRH 2.0

Zertel

Explaining this to buddhists is easy. Explaining this to westerners is complicated.
A long time contributor to the scn blogs who did the Original OT8 on the Freewinds became a Buddhist after blowing scn. At some point he asked his teacher if he should make some type of public announcement discrediting Hubbard's claim to have been the Buddha. His teacher replied, "There have been thousands of these. Why bother?"

There might even be a couple people claiming to be the returned Buddha here and there on the planet today. Ron was never as popular as the Buddha so I think there are only two people who have said they are ReRon so far.

:dizzy:

Last edited:

Cuitlahuac Rivas

So you don't have a cut off date for material from Hubbard, and you're OK with material that is not from Hubbard and was not seen and approved by him (but is over his name), even with material from a time when David Miscavige was the Boss.

That would make your view of what is acceptable "tech" different from many in Independent Scientology.
Probably.

Cuitlahuac Rivas

A long time contributor to the scn blogs who did the Original OT8 on the Freewinds became a Buddhist after blowing scn. At some point he asked his teacher if he should make some type of public announcement discrediting Hubbard's claim to have been the Buddha. His teacher replied, "There have been thousands of these. Why bother?"

There might even be a couple people claiming to be the returned Buddha here and there on the planet today. Ron was never as popular as the Buddha so I think there are only two people who have said they are ReRon so far.

:dizzy:
Buddha was going to return not as Buddha but as Metteyya. And only real buddhists will understand the teacher's reply.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Do you ever get the feeling that you're reading the writings of an "artificial person"
and not a real person?

I mean sometimes you gotta think there's no person on earth who could have such
a combination of disparate, confusing and silly ideas all in one head. Just couldn't be.
Never seen it. So it's got to be an invented artifice, an obvious ploy.

I know and talk to a lot of real people and the persons in question just couldn't exist.

I'm not pointing any fingers or naming names, but I just commenting I get that feeling
around here quite often.
Just sayin". :LOL:

Last edited:

Veda

Buddha was going to return not as Buddha but as Metteyya. And only real buddhists will understand the teacher's reply.
I hate to tell you this, but the whole Metteyya thing was a joke by Hubbard, dreamt up during a night of drinking. His editor and confidante, John Sanborn, spilled the beans on this.

It was also Sanborn who compiled the list of great thinkers which was displayed at the beginning of Science of Survival and Scientology 8-8008 to give Hubbard respectability and gravitas.

Cuitlahuac Rivas

Do you ever get the feeling that you're reading the writings of an "artificial person"
and not a real person?

a combination of disparate, confusing and silly ideas all in one head. Just couldn't be.

I know and talk to a lot of real people and the persons in question just couldn't exist.

I'm not pointing any fingers or naming names, but I just commenting I get that feeling
around here quite often.
:hyper: You are clearly not a buddhist.

Cuitlahuac Rivas

I hate to tell you this, but the whole Metteyya thing was a joke by Hubbard, dreamt up during a night of drinking. His editor and confidante, John Sanborn, spilled the beans on this.

It was also Sanborn who compiled the list of great thinkers which was displayed at the beginning of Science of Survival and Scientology 8-8008 to give Hubbard respectability and gravitas.

Oh. Such a lovely story. But clearly, John Sanborn and you are not buddhists. :hyper:

Zertel

and not a real person?

around here quite often.
This got me thinking about something. Oops - lol

I do very little book reading these days but C-Span has a weekend program called BookTV which interviews non fiction authors who discuss their books which gives me a bit of a thumbnail on what's going on in the book world. Here's the website www.booktv.org

I recently watched an interview with Malcolm Gladwell discussing his book "Talking to Strangers" on how we misread strangers words and action. This obviously got me relating it to scn precepts about Communication - haha

An interesting idea to me was "We default to truth" which is discussed from about 13:00 to 20:00. Why are human beings so bad at detecting deception? Referring to a psychologist named Tim Levine, Malcolm says " . . evolution does not select for the ability to detect lies, it selects for the opposite." In general and just my take is that it's easier to get along in life if you accept most things as true rather than false but the video presents a better description.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Oh. Such a lovely story. But clearly, John Sanborn and you are not buddhists. :hyper:
Clearly you aren't either, or you'd know that Hymn of Asia makes claims of prophesies that never existed in Buddhism. :duh: Red hair? From the West? O Riley? :faceslap: Nope, there are no prophesies like that in Buddhist scriptures.

You need to be a bit more discerning about facts and research a few and not just accept everything at face value.

Zertel

Thanks for the interesting link. When I entered scn around 1975 I had no background in philosophy or religion. Mr. Hubbard said he had already studied Eastern philosophy and religion and applied Western science to it so I didn't need to bother reading a bunch of books about Buddhism and Hinduism.

from wiki:

Maitreya (Sanskrit), Metteyya (Pali), is regarded as a future Buddha of this world in Buddhist eschatology. In some Buddhist literature, such as the Amitabha Sutra and the Lotus Sutra, he is referred to as Ajita.

According to Buddhist tradition, Maitreya is a bodhisattva who will appear on Earth in the future, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma. According to scriptures, Maitreya will be a successor to the present Buddha, Gautama Buddha (also known as Śākyamuni Buddha).[2][3] The prophecy of the arrival of Maitreya refers to a time in the future when the dharma will have been forgotten by most on the terrestrial world.

ETA: I guess it could be said that scn did in fact cross reference some aspects of Eastern philosophy. Giving and receiving metered auditing was a unique experience, maybe somewhat like addressing karma from the point of view of a Scientologist. The Hare Krishna were active in LA in the 1970s. I figured they needed auditing to speed up their path to enlightenment.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
and not a real person?

around here quite often.
Why not at all. People say this about me all the time.

Nobody understands a genius, I do declare!

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
In the past, I believe on the old board, someone came along and raised some hell off and on for a few weeks, Wasn't Al-hole. I swear that whoever it was was several people. Sometimes the person affected a non-english speaker persona, then other times was actually pretty on point with slang, etc. At the time, I wanted to think it was several people using the same member's identity. I could see a situation where that could happen, if one was trying to disrupt the board, but was on a shared schedule by others.

Of course it could be my imagination.

Or maybe you are talking about me, uh-oh!!

Karakorum

In the past, I believe on the old board, someone came along and raised some hell off and on for a few weeks, Wasn't Al-hole. I swear that whoever it was was several people. Sometimes the person affected a non-english speaker persona, then other times was actually pretty on point with slang, etc. At the time, I wanted to think it was several people using the same member's identity. I could see a situation where that could happen, if one was trying to disrupt the board, but was on a shared schedule by others.

Of course it could be my imagination.

Or maybe you are talking about me, uh-oh!!
That sounds pretty weird. From what little I gathered about OSA online operations, its usually the other way around:
A single OSA guy would create several accounts and then try to role-play them pretending to be different people.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
That sounds pretty weird. From what little I gathered about OSA online operations, its usually the other way around:
A single OSA guy would create several accounts and then try to role-play them pretending to be different people.
Understood. This person just had multiple personas. Or was several people.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
From what little I gathered about OSA online operations, its usually the other way around:
Pray tell. What more can you say about this? We're interested. :D

And why on earth do they even do this? They must know we're on to them pretty quickly.
Most get immediately put on ignore or used as "chew toys." Never taken seriously.

And they risk learning LRH went mad (dementia) and took his own life essentially. Their fantasy
and bubble could pop pretty quickly on this message board.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Self induced boner detected.

View attachment 5431

Nothing can be as nutty as a self proclaimed EO. God help the American Independent Field.
Well, it could be a self proclaimed MAA in an indie sea org.

Or wait... I know, I will proclaim the independent inv! Omg, that would be like the independent version of "sovereign citizens" :hide:

Karakorum

Pray tell. What more can you say about this? We're interested. :D
Not much aside what you can hear from Tory or read in Duignan's book. As we were the internal enforcers, we had some peripheral contact with OSA's internal activities (their version of investigations, their disinfo etc). But I had little to none direct experience with OSA's external oriented ops. All I know is from other people.

And why on earth do they even do this? They must know we're on to them pretty quickly. Most get immediately put on ignore or used as "chew toys." Never taken seriously.
Well, I would hope this is true. But I'm not so sure. There's one or two people here that I kind of suspect might be undercover OSA, but I can't be sure. I saw more on the old forums than here.

And they risk learning LRH went mad (dementia) and took his own life essentially. Their fantasy and bubble could pop pretty quickly on this message board.
I think it was Karen in one of her videos that said that OSA are the deepest kool aid drinkers. So they probably trust their own guys.