TOP SUPER-STUPID MOMENTS IN SCIENTOLOGY (PART V)

HelluvaHoax!

^^^^ Great stuff. I dug around and found this article with more.

Carlo Cipolla added that “stupid people are deadly dangerous because reasonable​
people find it difficult to imagine and understand stupid behavior.”​
This was a pitfall for me for many years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
^^^^ Great stuff. I dug around and found this article with more.

Carlo Cipolla added that “stupid people are deadly dangerous because reasonable​
people find it difficult to imagine and understand stupid behavior.”​
This was a pitfall for me for many years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That four quadrant chart (above) depicting the role of stupid people on earth is a truly marvelous tool, ain't it?

It handles perhaps 80% of all the confusion people have about CULTS and POLITICS and TECHNOLOGY and PHILOSOPHY and much more. People erringly assume someone that is extremely rich, successful or technically ingenious must certainly NOT be stupid, and that conclusion would be so very very very wrong.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
That four quadrant chart (above) depicting the role of stupid people on earth is a truly marvelous tool, ain't it?

It handles perhaps 80% of all the confusion people have about CULTS and POLITICS and TECHNOLOGY and PHILOSOPHY and much more. People erringly assume someone that is extremely rich, successful or technically ingenious must certainly NOT be stupid, and that conclusion would be so very very very wrong.

I haven't watched that video yet but I will because I want to see if it touches on something I thought of quite awhile back. And that is that intelligence and stupidity are not inverse. That a very intelligent person can also be very stupid at the same time.

The normal idea is that if someone is smart then they're NOT stupid. Like duh! But there are so many examples showing this not to be true.

I think they're different qualities. Two different things. It's a ratio and how the two interact makes up a big part of a personality.

Not being stupid and not doing stupid things, is it the so-called Emotional Intelligence? Because a person can be dumb, lack data, but still not be stupid.

It's a fascinating subject.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars

HelluvaHoax!

The original Cipolla article

Thanks for the link!

Here is one of my favorite excerpts from Cipolla's FIVE BASIC LAWS OF STUPID.

The first basic law of human stupidity asserts without ambiguity that:
Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation. At first, the statement sounds trivial, vague and horribly ungenerous. Closer scrutiny will however reveal its realistic veracity. No matter how high are one's estimates of human stupidity, one is repeatedly and recurrently startled by the fact that:
a) people whom one had once judged rational and intelligent turn out to be unashamedly stupid.
b) day after day, with unceasing monotony, one is harassed in one's activities by stupid individuals who appear suddenly and unexpectedly in the most inconvenient places and at the most improbable moments.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Here's Bonhoeffer's Theory of Stupidity that complements Cipolla perfectly:

At the 2:00 minute mark the distinction is that stupidity is NOT an intellectual defect but a moral one. Then it goes on to say that stupidity is less of a psychological and more of a sociological problem; therefore, the "CULTS and POLITICS and TECHNOLOGY and PHILOSOPHY and much more." that HH mentions. Although, it goes without mention that these things attract a whole group of people with psychological problems.

IASstupidclear.jpg

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Here's Bonhoeffer's Theory of Stupidity that complements Cipolla perfectly:

At the 2:00 minute mark the distinction is that stupidity is NOT an intellectual defect but a moral one. Then it goes on to say that stupidity is less of a psychological and more of a sociological problem; therefore, the "CULTS and POLITICS and TECHNOLOGY and PHILOSOPHY and much more." that HH mentions. Although, it goes without mention that these things attract a whole group of people with psychological problems.

Thanks so much for that link to Bonhoeffer's brilliant insights on the nature of Stupidity!

So many great quotes from his work, but the one you mentioned rises above all. . .

"Stupidity is NOT an intellectual defect but a moral one."

Considering the inordinate amount of time Scientologists spend on studying/applying L. Ron Hubbard's moral compass (aka "ETHICS TECH"), it is little wonder that so many people who have reached the highest heights of "OPERATING THETAN" are the most untrustworthy and immoral people imaginable.

For starters, they will always report you to the morals police with a "knowledge report" if you fail to obey orders or even disagree with high ranking Scientologists. This is the very core essence of moral corruption.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Thanks so much for that link to Bonhoeffer's brilliant insights on the nature of Stupidity!

So many great quotes from his work, but the one you mentioned rises above all. . .

"Stupidity is NOT an intellectual defect but a moral one."

Considering the inordinate amount of time Scientologists spend on studying/applying L. Ron Hubbard's moral compass (aka "ETHICS TECH"), it is little wonder that so many people who have reached the highest heights of "OPERATING THETAN" are the most untrustworthy and immoral people imaginable.

For starters, they will always report you to the morals police with a "knowledge report" if you fail to obey orders or even disagree with high ranking Scientologists. This is the very core essence of moral corruption.

It's also evident in "the most ethical group on the planet" routinely being sentenced conditions of Enemy and Treason, imprisoned, tortured, attacked, fair-gamed and ruined utterly.

Scientology will achieve a world without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, by insanely declaring honest beings as criminals and committing acts of war against them such as stripping them of all rights.

HIP! HIP!

HelluvaHoax!

It's also evident in "the most ethical group on the planet" routinely being sentenced conditions of Enemy and Treason, imprisoned, tortured, attacked, fair-gamed and ruined utterly. Scientology will achieve a world without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, by insanely declaring honest beings as criminals and committing acts of war against them such as stripping them of all rights.

HIP! HIP!

Yes HIP HIP!! LOL.

I'd like to solve that puzzle, Alex: "What is—Hip-Hip-Hyp-ocrisy?"

"Scientology will achieve a world without insanity, criminals
and war—when mankind achieves a world without Scientology."

—L. Don Hubbard (see avatar at left and cv below)

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Yes HIP HIP!! LOL.

I'd like to solve that puzzle, Alex: "What is—Hip-Hip-Hypocrisy?"

Scientology will achieve a world without insanity, criminals
and war—when mankind achieves a world without Scientology.

What a stroke of genius.

Why?

Because Scientology is a perfect example of human stupidity: hence, a world that is without human stupidity is a world without Scientology.

In that world all the rest of the human stupidity goes away, too.

Insanity, criminality and war.

HelluvaHoax!

Here's one of many hilariously self-parodying SCIENTOLOGY PROMO PIECES posted today over on Mike Rinder's Blog:

- - - - -

Okay, so the promo piece above was created in order to PROMOTE, right?

It's advertising. They are using pictures and words to describe the OT wins so you will "have reality on" and therefore buy OT levels. Except that the guy in the photo who did the OT levels sadly says that it's "indescribable".

Scientology badly wants you to pay them over $600,000 to go OT. They've had 71 years to figure out how to explain the state of OT to you—but they still can't describe it. Perhaps the church should require that all OT completions immediately pay for and enroll on the HSHTDSC (Hubbard Standard How To Describe Stuff Course).

HelluvaHoax!

Here's one of many hilariously self-parodying SCIENTOLOGY PROMO PIECES posted today over on Mike Rinder's Blog:

- - - - -

Okay, so the promo piece above was created in order to PROMOTE, right?

It's advertising. They are using pictures and words to describe the OT wins so you will "have reality on" and therefore buy OT levels. Except that the guy in the photo who did the OT levels sadly says that it's "indescribable".

Scientology badly wants you to pay them over $600,000 to go OT. They've had 71 years to figure out how to explain the state of OT to you—but they still can't describe it. Perhaps the church should require that all OT completions immediately pay for and enroll on the HSHTDSC (Hubbard Standard How To Describe Stuff Course).

SCIENTOLOGY WORKS!
here's how. . .

OT XXXIII COMPLETION
Hello Billy! I notice that you have only completed the first 8 OT levels.
Listen, I just completed OT 33 and I want to help you get to the
top of Ron's bridge, just like me! So, I'll be helping you de-bug
your dee-bee life so that you can pay for OT 9 thru OT 33.
What seems to be the problem with you buying your bridge?

BILLY BLOWDOWN
Well, I am in overwhelming debt from all the loans that
I took to pay for the Bridge up to OT VIII.

OT XXXIII COMPLETION
I get that. But let me give you a standard auditing
command to help you unstick your financial flows.
"What would have to happen for you to have an unstoppable
tone 40 intention to buy your upper OT levels right now?"

BILLY BLOWDOWN
Well, to be honest, I don't even have a clue what's on OT 9
thru OT 33. Maybe if I knew what was on those levels,
I'd go thru hell and high water to make it go right!

OT XXXIII COMPLETION
Excellent! As an OT 33, I can help you handle that
ruin. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

BILLY BLOWDOWN
Wow, great! Well what exactly is on
all those upper OT levels? What kind of
supernatural powers will I get?

OT XXXIII COMPLETION
You'll get magical & miraculous powers!!!

BILLY BLOWDOWN
Amazing! But, um, can you be any more specific?

OT XXXIII COMPLETION
Sure, no problem. Not only will the upper OT levels
give you magical and miraculous powers, but those
magical and miraculous power will be indescribable!

BILLY BLOWDOWN
Wow! I'll do it! Hey, can you help me raise my
credit card limits like we did the last few times?

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
b) day after day, with unceasing monotony, one is harassed in one's activities by stupid individuals who appear suddenly and unexpectedly in the most inconvenient places and at the most improbable moments.
Boy Howdy! Ain't THAT the truth.

I'm usually pretty good at avoiding these situations, but it's almost like running between the raindrops. Sooner or later you're gonna get wet.

The other day was one of those days. I got wet. Nothing serious, but it was borne in on me just how successful I am at avoiding stupid situations - with a series of idiotic interactions that almost defy description. Definitely the other side of the coin.

My "radar" goes to 11, but it's apparently down for maintenance sometimes. That's OK, I'll trade one of those type of days for all the other days I manage to avoid stupid people and situations.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
The believers believe no matter what evidence is under their nose.
I saw an ad for this home study course, but balked at the price and
didn't order it. If someone else has completed this extension course,
please tell us what's in it.

From the ad, apparently Don Hubbard is riffing off of his brother's
work and has concluded that "not-isness" is the key to success in
scientology and in life
. Don has heralded his incisive re-evaluation
of the tech as "a milestone for Man comparable to his discovery of
fire and superior to his inventions of the wheel and arch."

He claims that a superior OT-like skill-level of not-isness is the key
to staying in scientology for decades, ergo, that is the real OT
power one achieves. The power to say what's obvious and right in
front of your eyes is not really there. To assign all kinds of ridiculous
reasons and causes for the incredible things you see or are asked
to believe.

All the "old timers," who have been able to stay in the COS for decades,
are arguably the most OT of all. Not-isness has become a virtual "super
power" for them.

Don has apparently plumbed the depths of the everyday application
of not-isness and has offered up a home study course to help people
deny all kinds of obvious observations and realities. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don-improve-course800.jpg

:coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

I saw an ad for this home study course, but balked at the price and
didn't order it. If someone else has completed this extension course,
please tell us what's in it.

From the ad, apparently Don Hubbard is riffing off of his brother's
work and has concluded that "not-isness" is the key to success in
scientology and in life
. Don has heralded his incisive re-evaluation
of the tech as "a milestone for Man comparable to his discovery of
fire and superior to his inventions of the wheel and arch."

He claims that a superior OT-like skill-level of not-isness is the key
to staying in scientology for decades, ergo, that is the real OT
power one achieves. The power to say what's obvious and right in
front of your eyes is not really there. To assign all kinds of ridiculous
reasons and causes for the incredible things you see or are asked
to believe.

All the "old timers," who have been able to stay in the COS for decades,
are arguably the most OT of all. Not-isness has become a virtual "super
power" for them.

Don has apparently plumbed the depths of the everyday application
of not-isness and has offered up a home study course to help people
deny all kinds of obvious observations and realities. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL!!

I don't know if you already received your copy—but I just now opened up a certified delivery containing a Cease & Desist Letter from the Church of Scientology and RTC, the respective licensors and licensees of the technologies of L. Ron Hubbard.

Apparently, the recent huge and unprecedented stat boom in COS correspondence courses has been traced to record numbers of Scientologists in good standing paying for and enrolling on unauthorized squirrel courses being promoted by the declared SP known as L. Don Hubbard (see avatar at left and cv below). Church investigators, working in collaboration with law enforcement officials and INTERPOL have concluded that Scientologists were defrauded and snared into paying for the squirrel courses that promised super-human powers and immortality, two absurd and unproven claims! When questioned why they would have paid for a squirrel course outside the COS, routinely responded that they assumed that the name "Don" Hubbard was a typo and they didn't want to get in trouble by writing a KR on high-ranking Sea Org marketing execs.

Notwithstanding all of the above, the COS claims it is losing "tens of millions of dollars in revenue" and tens of thousand of SUCCESS STORIES keep pouring in from duped Dianeticists, such as the one below:

OT SUCCESS STORY
I just paid for the "Applying Not-Isness" course and
haven't started it yet, however I've already had more
case gain than from all my previous courses and OT
levels combined! I realized that our Commodore's
technology was originally researched and piloted
by Ron many millions of years ago! As such, Ron
verifiably was the wholetrack's very first ever in the
now booming industry of "social influencers"! But his
trendsetting R&D didn't just stop there, because
831 quadrillion years before time began, when he
discovered the tech of Not-Isness, little could
anyone have predicted that Ron was light years
ahead of his time in discovering "Cancel Culture"!

-William "Billy" Blowdown / OT VIII

HelluvaHoax!

SCIENTOLOGY PROMOTIONAL PARADOX

- SCIENTOLOGY'S PROMISE -
"SOMETHING MORE"

Does Scientology deliver what it promises?

Sure it does.
Something more!

Something more expensive than buying 4 average
priced houses that one can live in, as opposed to one (1)
averaged price "Bridge" that one can only imagine!

Something more controlling than a fanatical
religious cult (like radical islam) that tries
to control every one of your actions & thoughts
for not only your entire life—but for the
next one billion years as well!

Something more mediocre than the miracles of a
magically messianic moviestar named Mapother or those
manifested by the misanthropic mountebank Miscavige.

Last edited: