TOP SUPER-STUPID MOMENTS IN SCIENTOLOGY (PART V)

HelluvaHoax!

cross posted from another thread discussing
just how "scientific" Hubbard's "modern science" is.

- - -

Just like Hubbard! Why should anything related to Scientology be verified?

Good point.

In my experience, the only two (2) things in Scientology that get verified are:

1. That someone says they "feel good about it". These scientific affidavits (also known as mandatory Success Stories) are analogous to a tourist having their passport stamped when traveling through foreign lands en route to Oz where they can finally be granted their most coveted ruin-handling wish/postulate.​
2. Not that their bank clears, but that their check clears.​

Those are, essentially, the only two things happening within Scientology. All of Scientology's books, codes, creeds, policies, courses and auditing levels are exclusively dedicated to making those two things happen, and the cult regards everything else as DevT.

HelluvaHoax!

I know that Don Hubbard is incredibly busy and I feel an immense amount of gratitude to him for personally responding to me. Is this where I sign up for the Hobonetics Extension Course? Do I get an FSM commission if I refer others? :unsure:
LOL. While I am unable to give you verbal data, I can nevertheless quote Hobonetics author & Founder of the Church of Hobo-ology, L. Don Hubbard.

Artwork provided by a generous grant from the ILove2Lurk Foundation

"Hobonetics is a milestone for man—comparable to L. Ron Hubbard's
discovery of (the wall of) Fire and superior to his invention of the
("Self Analysis" book's) Wheel! Previous and primitive sciences
like Dianetics* only pay FSM commissions of 10 percent.

However, Hobonetics sales commissions go up to 11."
—L. Don Hubbard

*. "Dianetics is a milestone for man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his invention of the wheel and the arch.”
—L. Ron Hubbard's ecstatic review of his own book, contained within his own book, Dianetics the Modern Science of Mental Health.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

from another thread where one poster was recounting
their early experiences upon becoming a Scientologist
- - -

Originally posted by Veda
Over the next few months I purchased and read all the books, and then, in June of 1970, did the Hubbard Apprentice Scientologist course. The first action was two hours of TR-O, with an alarm clock that rang after two hours.
I personally believe in that 2 hours of TR-0 tech!

In fact, I practice it every single morning upon arising—when I do two hours of OT TR-0 by simply pushing the snooze button on my alarm clock.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

posted by SuperstarNeilC

JEEZ THAT SURE LOOKS SUPER IDEAL!
Scientology is now releasing promo that looks like a poster
for the next Marvel Comics action movie! They've even got their
very own "LEAGUE OF HEROES" who wield world-saving
ideal powers, like the miraculous power to sell people
superpowers that the superheroes don't even have!

"LEAGUE OF HEROES" - End of Part I

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

. (
"LEAGUE OF HEROES" - Part II

It took the "church" of Scientology 71 years to develop and refine their racket of selling magical powers to hopeful marks.

The core cult gimmick is that only 10% of Scientology exists in the real world where people work, sleep and eat. The balance of 90% all happens in the virtual world within Scientologists' creatively wishful & hopeful minds.

Hubbard figured out back in 1950 that he could sell his fiction works to Scientology marks if there were enough shiny and provocative descriptive words that stirred their imaginations.

Since that time the cult has specialized in creating ever-more ideal words. They've used so many breathlessly hyperbolic superlatives that they have actually run out of new words—thus they now are forced to continuously use the word "IDEAL" itself! LOL.

The cult copywriters have burned out so many words that they are reduced to under a dozen key BUZZWORDS that provoke the kind of salivation not witnessed since Pavlov's dogs were trained to drool when they heard a bell ring. Similarly, Scientologists are indoctrinated for the very same salvation-salivation response when they hear the church bell ring out any one of these win-triggering words:

IDEAL!

SUPER!

(the) BEING!

(on this) PLANET!

POWER!

BRIDGE!

(total) FREEDOM!

(modern) SCIENCE!

HAPPINESS!

MIRACULOUS!

(standard) TECH!

(safeguard your) ETERNITY!

Those are the essential top dozen Scientology "End Words", insofar as (upon hearing them) the Scientologist's personal identity "Ends" and their pretend life as a miraculous sector salvager begins.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

cross-posted from another thread discussing the NEW BRIDGE (OT levels)
as compared to the OLD BRIDGE (i.e. the miserably failed old OT levels)
- - -

originally posted by Ed8
Do whatever you like, but please, communicate the results honestly on here.

Run that old bridge and let us know how it went.

Old bridge or new bridge?

The old OT levels guaranteed exteriorization and a boat load of other magically miraculous paranormal powers--like exteriorization with full visualization! When nobody traveled to other planets/ galaxies, levitated objects or had any "postulate powers" beyond just wishing hoping—well, "mankind's greatest friend" just very quietly packed up his snake oil tent and canceled OT IV, OT V, OT VI and OT VII.

Being Scientologists, nobody asked any questions about the entire upper "bridge" suddenly and disgracefully disappearing. And it wasn't due to "erasure" or any other good reason.

But then Hubbard released news of the greatest breakthrough in Scientology's history. All new-and-improved OT levels that (this time) really really really worked!

But those didn't work either. Damn! I hate when Ron lies and cashes my checks like that!

These days, it's so hard to figure out which OT levels are the best ones to do. I think we need to get a professional opinion—from a Doctor:

One fish
Two fish
Red fish
Blue fish
Old fish
New fish

This one has a little star
This one has a little car
Say! What a lot of
fish there are..

MAYBE WE SHOULD UPDATE RON'S BRIDGE TECH?

One bridge
Two bridge
Standard bridge
Squirrel bridge
Old bridge
New bridge

This one has a movie star
This one's EP is quite bizarre
Say! What a lot of
bridges there are.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

posted by F.Bullbait

WHAT SCIENTOLOGY WANTS YOU TO THINK WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT PHOTO
"Wow! A super-ethical, on-purpose, on-source
up-tone, up-stat, up-lines Sea Org member
is helping the SP (Sweater Person) to
get his own personal ethics in, to
safeguard his eternity,
on this planet!"

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN THAT PHOTO
A fake OT in a fake nautical costume holds up a fake ethics book
to a fake SP (Suppressive Person) who has read his fake Declare.
But the entire thing is so ludicrously fake that they tilt the book
away from the person's line of vision, towards another fake OT
who is off screen holding a camera to shoot this fake photo
for the fake benefit of other faked out Scientology fakers.

HelluvaHoax!

Talking about cult promo that is brutally cringey-creepy. . .

Here's a jubilantly joyous video where cult members
euphorically celebrate being defrauded by a
pathological liar and sociopathic con man

who stole all their their money and time.

A FREE JUMBO COURAGE MEDALLION FOR ANYONE WHO
IS ABLE TO WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO WITHOUT CRINGING

Mr. Cruise got his—get yours!

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Wise Guy
posted by F.Bullbait

WHAT SCIENTOLOGY WANTS YOU TO THINK WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT PHOTO
"Wow! A super-ethical, on-purpose, on-source
up-tone, up-stat, up-lines Sea Org member
is helping the SP (Sweater Person) to
get his own personal ethics in, to
safeguard his eternity,
on this planet!"

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN THAT PHOTO
A fake OT in a fake nautical costume holds up a fake ethics book
to a fake SP (Suppressive Person) who has read his fake Declare.
But the entire thing is so ludicrously fake that they tilt the book
away from the person's line of vision, towards another fake OT
who is off screen holding a camera to shoot this fake photo
for the fake benefit of other faked out Scientology fakers.

I have to admit that the uniform does give any pinhead shoe salesman an "air of authority" even if they only have a viewpoint an inch high and are so dense they think Ron's Ethics is the summum of philosophy.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

From another thread comes this wonderfully insightful quote from Bill,
one of the internet's very best Sherpa guides to navigate the treacherous
terrain of Scientology's mountainous misinformation. If you haven't
seen it already, there are delightfully delicious debunking treats
awaiting you at Bill's blog site "ASK THE SCIENTOLOGIST".
- - -

* * * QUOTE OF THE MONTH * * *

The one "win" that Scientology produces consistently and reliably
is the wonderful and creative excuses and "reasons why" it
never ever produces the promised gains.
- Bill

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Nearly three-quarters of a century ago in May of 1950, L. Ron Hubbard published his very first "BIG LIE" regarding super-human states that he had discovered. As a doctor and nuclear physicist, the unerringly altruistic Dr. Hubbard only intended to help mankind. Therefore he did not immediately start out by telling lies. . .

No, he began his quest to discover universal truths
quite honestly, honorably and accurately!

At "Book One's" earliest stage, the published technology was
going along quite brilliantly and smoothly without a hitch! It wasn't
until much later (at the book's 4th word) that Ron ran into trouble.

DIANETICS THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH
WHAT DID RON DISCOVER?
Well, he fell somewhat short of the technology's advertised values—to save mankind and salvage this sector of the universe. However, Hubbard did make a life-changing formulaic discovery, that D = 5.4x(PI). Deception equals 5.4 times more Personal Income. Unfortunately, this groundbreaking formula was deemed too advanced, and Dr. Hubbard therefore generously edited it out of the book in order to not prematurely expose his readers to such highly restimulative discoveries.

WERE THERE ANY OTHER FORMULAS RON REVEALED IN THE DIANETICS BOOK?
Yes, he certainly did! In DMSMH, Hubbard first revealed: “The potential value of an individual or a group may be expressed by the equation PV = ID², where I is Intelligence and D is Dynamic.” However, after Dr. Hubbard left this planet in 1986 to continue his advanced research, other scientists (called "ex-Science-ologists") discovered even more profound and hidden meanings within that formula.

PV = ID²
Potemkin Village = Identity times Deception squared

Like the time the Church of Scientology very deviously hid its true identity and bought the Fort Harrison Hotel (the "mecca" of worldwide Scientology, aka "Flag") under the fake corporate identity "The United Churches of Florida"*. And in keeping with Hubbard's super high tech formula [D = 5.4x(PI)], Flag became and remains today the biggest single money maker every week in Scientology's previous 46 years! Once again, D=D=D. Deception equals Delusion equals Dollars.

CHRISTIAN BIBLE
"And God saw everything that he made, and behold, it was very good!"

SCIENTOLOGY BIBLE
"And Ron saw all the money he made, and behold it was very good!"

Thus did Ron declareth—if one is good, then many Potemkin Villages are even better!

(wiki): In politics and economics, a Potemkin village is any construction (literal or figurative) whose sole purpose is to provide an external façade to a country which is faring poorly, making people believe that the country is faring better. The term comes from stories of a fake portable village built solely to impress Empress Catherine II by her former lover Grigory Potemkin, during her journey to Crimea in 1787.
(link to outstanding article about Potemkin Villages): "The haunting artifice of fake villages around the world"

EXAMPLES FOLLOW:

Siberian Village Facades ("We're expanding and winning!")

Scientology Village Facades (F/Ning Fugazi Fronts!)
Everyone in Clearwater who sees it has VVGIs!

(Very Very Ghost-town Indicators)

IDEAL POTEMKIN ORG! (Grand Opening!)
Balloons! Confetti! Cheering! Tears of Joy!
Then the next day all the flown-in Potemkinologists
fly back home and the 5 actual staff members spend
all day and night inside the 139,000 sq. foot monstrosity
writing hand-written letters to people who once bought a copy

of Dianetics in 1963, mistakenly thinking it was the weight-loss
book Dietetics, after which they tried to bring it back for a refund
& staff threatened to call the police and kill their pets if they didn't leave.

* LINK Late 1975: The Southern Land Development and Leasing Corp. buys downtown Clearwater’s Fort Harrison Hotel and leases it to a group called United Churches of Florida. It marks the end of its history as a hub for weddings, events and dining. Then-Mayor Gabe Cazares raises the alarm, asking why the group was posting guards with billy clubs and mace.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

No, he began his quest to discover universal truths
quite honestly, honorably and accurately!

At Scientology's beginning stages, the R&D was
going along quite brilliantly and smoothly without a hitch!
It wasn't until later, at the 4th word that Ron ran into trouble.

DIANETICS THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH

You generously credited Hubbard with having good intentions until word #4 "Science". But I have to take issue with word #3 as well, "modern".

Hubbard borrowed from Sigmund Freud and Josef Breuer's work on abreaction therapy from the 1890s. And Freud may have been channeling some whole track psychiatrists from trillions of years ago when he came up with it, so it's definitely not modern. :no:

HelluvaHoax!

You generously credited Hubbard with having good intentions until word #4 "Science". But I have to take issue with word #3 as well, "modern".

Hubbard borrowed from Sigmund Freud and Josef Breuer's work on abreaction therapy from the 1890s. And Freud may have been channeling some whole track psychiatrists from trillions of years ago when he came up with it, so it's definitely not modern. :no:

LOL!!

I now readily admit that I have apparently and very gravely overestimated the case state of Dr. Hubbard.

Much like when Dr. Hubbard gravely overestimated the case state of Homo Sapiens and had to create new "lower gradient" levels every single year from 1951 to 1986, in order for people to attain what 100% of PCs routinely attained in 1950! lol

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Nearly three-quarters of a century ago in May of 1950, L. Ron Hubbard published <snip for brevity>
Such a hysterical :hysterical: and devastating summation and takedown. Just when you think the onion couldn't
possibly be peeled any further, it is. I'm not sure whether my tears are from onion peeling or realizing
how large a part of my life all this was. Just hilarious and one of the best ex-sci posts ever . . . anywhere.

HelluvaHoax!

"Mildred should be allowed to contribute as much or more than what Scientology has contributed to her."

So just what is it that Scientology has contributed to Scientologists in the first place?
ANSWER: Scientology has contributed to each and every Scientologist—

"The only game in the universe where everyone wins!"

This, by default, creates a terrible out-exchange for all Scientologists, since they are exclusively working at the stingy 1 planet level—while the big OT's running the church are operating at the "exchange in abundance" infinite universal level.

PRO TIP FOR ANY SCIENTOLOGISTS NOT YET OT VIII: Hey guys, stop mocking up being such criminally out-exchange DBs and then you'll eventually be able to escape this slave planet like Ron!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

ANSWER: Scientology has contributed to each and every Scientologist: "The only game in the universe where everyone wins!"
PART II: "The only game in the universe..."
FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions That
Scientologists Ask Other Scientologists

PC QUESTION: How does Dr. Hubbard know that Scientology is the only game in the universe where everyone wins?
OT ANSWER: Ron researched this by traveling the entire universe, pretty much standardly surveying everyone door to door.
PC QUESTION: Okay, that makes sense. But, with the universe being so huge, even if Dr. Hubbard rocketed through intergalactic space at the speed of light, it would take him 93 billion years to even travel to some of those remote places. I mean, that would be like 186 billion years to journey to just one (1) place and return to earth. But science books say that the universe is only 13.77 billion years old, so Dr. Hubbard wouldn't even have the time to do that--what's up with that?!
OT ANSWER: Well you are talking about time and Ron states that "Time is the basis of all aberration".
PC QUESTION: Okay, that makes sense. But I still kinda actually don't get it.
OT ANSWER: Well, Ron is saying that your aberration is causing you be confused about time and so he obviously had enough time to survey all beings in the universe. You see, OTs can mock up time, because Ron stated that "Time is just a consideration".
PC QUESTION: Okay, that makes sense.
OT ANSWER: You sure about that, you still look kinda overwhelmed and griefy.
PC QUESTION: Okay that makes sense. Well actually in the MEST universe I am kinda spun in, but it's not a problem because in the theta universe I'm winning like crazy! So everyone wins, just like Dr. Hubbard says!
OT ANSWER: Okay, that makes sense.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

WHAT RON WANTED SCIENTOLOGISTS TO BELIEVE.

WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS WANT OTHERS TO BELIEVE.

See that big dial (the "Tone Arm") that's pointed at 2.1?
See that ugly black thingamajiggy attached to the Tone Arm?

THAT'S THE "TONE ARM COUNTER"!

SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THAT? Well, by many accounts the "Tone Arm Counter" is arguably the biggest deal there is in Scientology! Which is strange. Because nobody ever pays any slightest attention to the Tone Arm Counter.

WHAT IS A "TONE ARM COUNTER"? It's a little gadget that measures how much that Tone Arm dial moves in a downward position. Let's imagine that when you pick up the soup cans your tone arm measures at 4. And when Dr. Hubbard gives you an auditing command to remember a Gorilla Goal Implant from 216 quadrillion years so, you suddenly laugh and the Tone Arm reading moves downward to 3--well that's "tone arm motion"! And, the Tone Arm Counter has a little window with numbers in it that cumulatively measure how much "downward motion" the pre-clear had during the session.

DR. HUBBARD'S BIGGEST TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH: Ron discovered that a pre-clears case gain (i.e. advance towards the highest states of supernatural OT power) is directly proportional to (downward) tone arm motion.

HOW WAS DR. HUBBARD ABLE TO DISCOVER THAT? The same way he discovered all of Scientology's technology. By making it up. Hubbard's biggest goofball lie was that there was an invisible field of physical matter (think "aura" but denser) surround everyone's head and body. And this awful energy/mass was just as real as the electrons, neutrons, atoms and other invisible quantum particles that comprise all physical universe matter & energy. All the really harmful stuff in Scientology (e.g. engrams, body thetans, et al) are invisible but Dr. Hubbard's e-meter can detect it!

HOW DOES IT WORK? To understand that, first you have to understand that the only thing preventing you from exteriorizing from your body and flying around the universe right now is these invisible particles, which form "mass" which has dimension and weight and sit all over your body and inside your body--and these particles and masses are called "charge" within Scientology. If you didn't have any "charge" sitting inside your brain right now, you could also levitate matter and perform countless other magical miracles--such as having your thoughts manifest in the physical world as real objects. I ain't making this up! When you get to the upper OT levels you will very easily be able to focus your mind so strongly (i.e. make a "postulate") that a millions dollars in cash will appear on the tabletop directly in front of you! And you can spend it any way you want, after which you can "mock up" another 10 or 50 or 100 million dollars in cash to continue your spending spree later today. And you can do the same thing every day for the rest of your life! Have I mentioned recently that if you just do what Dr. Hubbard tells you to do—you can very easily acquire these super-human powers!

THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE TONE ARM COUNTER: This explains why the "Tone Arm Counter" is perhaps the single most important breakthrough in human history. Because if measures how closely you are advancing towards a God-like state of being. Or conversely, how you are tragically stalled (i.e. not advancing to "Total Freedom") due to your tone arm not registering downward motion. If the tone arm doesn't move downward, you are not ERASING this mental/spiritual charge. Yes, I said erasing or (in Scientology jargon) "as-is-ing" the charge. When you erase it, it's gone forever and you get your miracle powers!

EXCEPTION: Sometimes you erase your charge forever, but it comes back a short time later. This is because you did not really erase your mental "charge". it was just temporarily "keyed out".

SUMMARY: Nobody in Scientology knows whether the erased charge is really erased. The pre-clear holding the cans doesn't know. The auditor running the e-meter doesn't know. And the case-supervisor reading the work sheets doesn't know. The only person in a Scientology org with sufficient technical mastery who can discern the nuanced difference between "erased charge" and "keyed out charge" is the advanced spiritual guide known as the registrar. Once the registrar diagnoses that your charge is only temporarily keyed out, they are able to offer you spiritual relief to the suffering preclear by means of an newly calculated tech estimate.

HelluvaHoax!

cross-posted from another thread discussing
"SCIENTOLOGY CRIMINALIZING SEX"

But what about masturbation? Why did it become such a big deal? It's normal human behavior. Embarrassing, but nonetheless normal. I was on OT VII when this started to become a hot item. I can recall an OT VII wandering the Sandcastle with his liability formula - his crime - whacking off. I could give a damn. I signed off his re-admission petition without reading any more of it. He asked: why I didn't look at his amends? I thought: Are you kidding me - this has no justifiable reason for being on public lines. But I said - you did enough. Off he went to find another sympathetic soul.
You bring up one of the funniest and stupidest moments in the history of Scientology! That one's officially nominated for the Super-Stupid Moments HALL OF FAME!

A person submitting a "re-admission petition" with an "amends project" for masturbating!

! ! ! LOL ! ! !

I would have read their formula, but not for any "ethical" reason. But, instead, out of morbid curiosity for what could possibly be the wanker's answer to the formula's step that requires that the sinner:

"DELIVER AN EFFECTIVE BLOW TO THE ENEMIES OF THE GROUP ONE
HAS BEEN PRETENDING TO BE PART OF, DESPITE PERSONAL DANGER
"​

We now magically transport our readers back to Flag—the Mecca of Masturbation!

SINNER
Will you please read my lower conditions formula
I was assigned for the crime of masturbating ?

ETHICAL OT
Sure, I'll take a look at it.
(takes the stack of paper and studies it)
So I am having a problem here locating what
your "effective blow to the enemy" was.

SINNER
Oh that's on page 13, where I describe how I
worked in central files for 7 days straight and
wrote 789 promotional letters to people not
moving on their Bridge and I even bought
the postage for it personally!

ETHICAL OT
(eyes narrowing)
Okay, but who is the enemy of the group you
have been pretending to be part of?

SINNER
Oh, that's on page 17. I was pretending to be part of the group
made up of ethical people on this planet who do not masturbate
and stir up their case with fantasy mental image pictures of
that super sexy hot LRH messenger chick with the long
blonde pigtails, short-shorts and huge boobs.

ETHICAL OT
Yeah, that chick is soooooo freaking hot. I did her.

SINNER
OMG. You did???!!!

ETHICAL OT
Hell yeah!

SINNER
Dammmmmmmmn! Are you still banging her--
I mean is she your 2D terminal now?

ETHICAL OT
Hell no! That out ethics chick almost
broke up my marriage. She a ho!

SINNER
Yeah, she sounds like a total criminal.
Hey, can I get her phone number?

ETHICAL OT
Okay, but I don't feel good about flowing
power to you by giving you her number while
you are still in a lower ethics condition.

SINNER
Wow I really admire your unreasonableness! But,
when I'm out of my lowers, you'll give it to me, right?

ETHICAL OT
Sure, but I'll also have to make sure your
ethics really stays in in the future. So you totally
need to buy the newly released set of 23 LRH audio
lectures on the subject of Ethics & The Second Dynamic.
I need to confirm your agreement to buy it before
Thursday and name me as your FSM on the cycle.

SINNER
Deal! But they won't let me use my IAS card to
get a discount if I am still in a lower ethics condition.
So I can't buy it until i get enough signatures.

ETHICAL OT
Oh, I hadn't thought of that.
(takes formula back, starts signing)
Okay, just be sure to keep your ethics really
in on the 2D, buddy, so you don't lose your eternity.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

NOMINATED FOR YOUR
CONSIDERATION AS ONE OF
SCIENTOLOGY'S STUPIDEST MOMENTS

EVERY TIME ANYTHING WAS WRONG ANYWHERE AND A
SCIENTOLOGIST PULLED OUT SOUP CANS AND A

"CORRECTION LIST"

HOW IT WORKS: In any auditing session, if something goes wrong the auditor immediately pulls out the applicable "Correction List" and reads it aloud and stares at the e-meter for diagnostic certainty of the "why" (i.e reason the 100% workable tech is not working). This principle applies in life too. If a student is having problems studying, they are ordered to pay for and receive a "STUDENT CORRECTION LIST". If they are having problems paying for their "Bridge", they are coerced into paying for a "MONEY CORRECTION LIST". And, if they are having unresolvable problems attaining the OT powers they paid for they are given an "OT DEBUG CORRECTION LIST".

HOW IT DOESN'T WORK: There are literally dozens of "CORRECTION LISTS" but none of them corrects the core problem—that the degraded beings (homo sapiens) that showed up for auditing over the past 71 years never once was corrected and reached the state of Clear/OT.

CORRECTION LIST CURIOSITY: A typical "CORRECTION LIST" has dozens of possible questions/statements that are called aloud, as a big e-meter needle reaction is searched for. The needle knows! Mixed somewhere in all those arcane reasons the preclear is not winning is this surreal gem:

"Was there nothing wrong in the first place?"

This is in fact the only workable tech in Scientology that works.

It's the only "reason" why the tech doesn't work.

Because there was nothing wrong in the first place. Before the Scientologist ever arrived in a Scientology center on the their first day in the cult:

- - They did not have a reactive mind.​
- - They did not have any engrams.​
- - They did not have any 213 quadrillion year old "Gorilla Goal Implants".​
- - They did not have any 75 million year old "body thetans" either.​
- - They never were a God who only needed soup cans to recover their magically miraculous superpowers.​

And when they were told they'd need at least $600,000 to fix what was wrong, it wasn't what was wrong.

Nothing was wrong with the person, at least nothing that Scientology had any clue how to fix.

SUMMARY: Try to imagine a crazed cult making up fake "ruins" that nobody has and then making up fake ingenious technology to save the person from it. Now try to imagine something far worse than that and call it Scientology. Can anyone imagine what would happen if a Scientologist in session brightened up and excitedly told the auditor their huge cognition--that Scientology doesn't work because there was nothing wrong with them in the first place, other than being an imperfect human being?

Finally, imagine the auditor then sending that preclear to Ethics (for re-indoctrination or declare) for having such an evil SP cognition.