Soooo was there anything you guys actually liked about Scientology?

Cat's Squirrel

This is an awesome post.

I knew someone once with similar mental attitudes as Hubbard, except this person, fortunately, had low IQ. It was fascinating. He'd lie about anything on a whim, told all sorts of fabricated stories about his life experience, was deceptive and sneaky in a hugely destructive way and was also a thief. Yet his outward persona was an innocent, sweet guy. He was completely convincing. He threw away all societal moral codes without thinking twice about it, just doing whatever pleased him, but he was aware enough of rules and laws that he would be real sneaky about it. No personal moral compass at all, just not wanting to be caught and suffer any consequences. So he knew about consequences.

He could talk himself into believing anything about his past and would re-invent it and enjoyed doing so, telling whatever lie popped into his head at the moment. He had violent, uncontrolled outbursts as well. He admired criminals and murderers. Yet he had a good side to him, too, that wasn't entirely selfish. It was fascinating but horrifying. Until then, I didn't know people existed that actually had no personal conscience and used imagination to re-invent their reality. Sociopath? Not exactly. This one didn't seem to be particularly evil, just particularly unbound by personal integrity with very little ability to relate or care about others. If you were a spiritual person, he'd be someone who didn't have a soul or had a partial or damaged soul. Mystic used to call such a person a "tulpa." There are some really weird, messed up people out there.
Hi Sheila,

I think what you've described there is a textbook sociopath. Evil is something else, and I largely agree with what Scott Peck said about it;.

I suspect most of us have met a few people of this type. These are the people who dress respectably, go to church, keep their lawns trimmed and their yards tidy and may even hold down good jobs whilst their children self-harm and get addicted to drink and drugs and their wives are on anti-depressants and may even have a history of suicide attempts. Outwardly they say and do the right thing, are polite and don't use cuss words but there's something "off" about them that you can't quite place and it's not comfortable being around them.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

james087

all scientologists who talk to somebody follow the ARC formula of ARC= understanding.

That means first establish a point of reality or agreement, then once that has been established, increase affinity and communication and thus understanding is supposed to occur. The hidden agenda is I what you to be a scientologists and join our group or religion. We will all like each other for a common goal of peace on earth, where the able can prosper, and we scientology can make you more able. Of course, it's all a crack of shit.
Belief is one hell of a drug.. I think most people who joined had the intention to better themselves and make the world a better place.

If we have the right intention and work with valid data (the truth) then I believe we can make real progress.

1595584969733.png
Cheers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Hi Sheila,

I think what you've described there is a textbook sociopath. Evil is something else, and I largely agree with what Scott Peck said about it;.

I suspect most of us have met a few people of this type. These are the people who dress respectably, go to church, keep their lawns trimmed and their yards tidy and may even hold down good jobs whilst their children self-harm and get addicted to drink and drugs and their wives are on anti-depressants and may even have a history of suicide attempts. Outwardly they say and do the right thing, are polite and don't use cuss words but there's something "off" about them that you can't quite place and it's not comfortable being around them.
M Scott Peck is terrific. :biglove:

You may be right about the person being a sociopath. He certainly had a majority, if not all, of the characteristics. Whatever he is/was, it's the sort of person I stay away from.

I knew a man recently that had numerous children and ex-wives who, "self-harm and get addicted to drink and drugs and their wives are on anti-depressants and may even have a history of suicide attempts," exactly as you say here. I told him so, too. It may have been his fault or his first wife's fault or both of them, IDK, but he definitely kept the same crippling actions going.

F.Bullbait

Wise Guy
I might be missing what you mean, but I thought the picture was rather funny. I imagined Scientology as that giant water pump.
The phrase should probably be 'make it go right'; a clueless prescription commonly given by one Scn to another. The presumption is that one is to use one's magical theta powers to get things done. For me, it was a good indication that I should avoid the prescriber. If it has fallen out of favor, so much the better.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
The phrase should probably be 'make it go right'; a clueless prescription commonly given by one Scn to another. The presumption is that one is to use one's magical theta powers to get things done. For me, it was a good indication that I should avoid the prescriber. If it has fallen out of favor, so much the better.
yep, that was one of those when their was no policy on what to do, or what would Ron do.

That "make it go right" cost me personal money to get the stats up, or stay up all night to get the stats up, or do a bunch of other things.

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
all scientologists who talk to somebody follow the ARC formula of ARC= understanding.

That means first establish a point of reality or agreement, then once that has been established, increase affinity and communication and thus understanding is supposed to occur. The hidden agenda is I what you to be a scientologists and join our group or religion. We will all like each other for a common goal of peace on earth, where the able can prosper, and we scientology can make you more able. Of course, it's all a crack of shit.
This is good info and true. So, I am talking to a person who was always rational and sane when I was in. He was not a fake and phony stat seeking type.
He is still in and does not know I am out.
I told him I need to pay off Scientology debt so am busy, busy, busyand need to focus on that for now. That works really well, by the way. The culties leave me alone for the most part. I told them they could not call me on my cell pho- it is for WORK.

What I am doing is using another cult as an example. We are discussing the tricks cults use to trap members in. I am telling him about a Mormon as my example. I told him I have a Mormon friend who found out some things the upper echelons of his church were hiding. They too implant ideas it is wrong to question elders.

I told him every man, woman and child needs to understand how Propaganda is used.

I showed him to a site that discusses thought stopping techniques, mind control and propaganda.

I gingerly mentioned that when any Organization tells you to not look at the Organization or investigate it, something is up. That worked. He revealed that he wants to investigate Scientology but is afraid. I suggested that he study mind control and propaganda techniques used by some Groups and see if there is anything there. He is not fighting me at all and seems quite interested in looking.

This conversation was over the course of months. I had no expectations !

james087

No word from James087.

Wonder what happened?
I only talk to her Mon-Fri. Friday I was feeling pretty nervous, we delayed the conversation, I sent her Alan's Story in a email. Monday (tomorrow morning) I plan to share over the phone my story as well as Bill's

What was real to me, but suppressed, was that I was not getting the promised results. I was a "Grade 0 release" but still felt awkward in many situations. I was "Clear" but didn't feel any different. I was doing my "OT Levels" but still didn't feel different. Scientologists around me were not being successful, they were struggling, just as I was. I saw "OT Committee" members being unethical. I didn't see what I expected to see. I didn't get what I expected to get. Like a true Scientologist, I had been blaming myself but that didn't explain all the other Scientologists' problems.

Ugly stories about Hubbard could always be explained away by blaming "SPs", but lack of results and many Scientologists in trouble and struggling can't be so easily brushed off.

Why not ask her what she expected to gain from Scientology. What she expected from "Release", "Clear", "OT". And what has she experienced? Has she seen unethical Scientologists? Has she seen super-powers?

james087

She's seems pretty rattled. She's never not called before. But she hasn't cut comms either. She has reverted to texting.

and so our conversation gets delayed yet again~

Attachments

james087

She has the morning off. So calling you is just part of her job.
Thanks for the perspective. Sometimes (rather often) "hope" clouds mine. I guess I was hoping that since she's called me every morning, including the last couple Mondays, that she was just using time off as an excuse to not call me just as I use weekend time off to not call her. As I reflect, perhaps I'm the one who created the distance.. (attachment issues)

Veda

Thanks for the perspective. Sometimes (rather often) "hope" clouds mine. I guess I was hoping that since she's called me every morning, including the last couple Mondays, that she was just using time off as an excuse to not call me just as I use weekend time off to not call her. As I reflect, perhaps I'm the one who created the distance.. (attachment issues)
She's trying to recover you. That would be her "stat."

Beyond that, perhaps your conversations with her have - ever so slightly - loosened the glue that holds her to Scientology Inc.

Have you two ever met in person? I sense that there's a possible fondness, perhaps of a romantic sort.

Your desire to help her is admirable.

It's likely she's become aware if this thread.

There would be someone overseeing what she's doing and, perhaps, she's been told by her supervisor to withdraw, or perhaps she's waiting for further instructions as to what to do.

Time will tell.

james087

She's trying to recover you. That would be her "stat."

Beyond that, perhaps your conversations with her have - ever so slightly - loosened the glue that holds her to Scientology Inc.

Have you two ever met in person? I sense that there's a possible fondness, perhaps of a romantic sort.

Your desire to help her is admirable.

It's likely she's become aware if this thread.

There would be someone overseeing what she's doing and, perhaps, she's been told by her supervisor to withdraw, or perhaps she's waiting for further instructions as to what to do.

Time will tell.

We've never met. Although I am very fond of her and she appears very fond of me, I don't sense any romance. From our very first conversation it was like her brain short circuited. My entire existence just goes completely against what LRH says about engrams (and man can I talk about my life experiences). I used pain to overcome a lot of aberration. The first day we spoke (before I even found these forums) she about lost it when I said something a long the line "one of the hardest things I ever did was figuring out I was lying to myself". I'm pretty sure that triggered something in her. She got a little defensive but appeared to accept it and could expand her own thoughts on the matter.

My desire to help extends to random encounters. I wrote my first 'sort of' poem last week to a girl I've never met, shared it with MJ, and a friend too who's in a pretty dark place. See screenshots.

I'm on a path to eventually become a psychoanalyst. "helping others" is what drives me to keep going. (thanks for the compliment :) )

Attachments

Last edited: