Soooo was there anything you guys actually liked about Scientology?

james087

On a side note: I got in trouble with the church today. I've been doing the Dianetics Extension Course (that I paid for like 4+ years ago) and there are 209 questions and so far I've answer 181 of them. Which gave me 181 opportunities to tell the supervisor why I thought Dianetics was a crock of sh!t. He has yet to make me re answer a single question due to me saying "According to LRH the answer is" and then me following up with why I think he's wrong.

The supervisor said I was making him question his stable datum. Seeds of doubt, yay.

Veda

james087

I liked the hero bit at the end. I always looked up to hero's as a kid. I wanted to be one. Who doesn't want to save humanity from itself? Admitting to myself that I even had a shadow, that I was also the Villain, was a really tough lesson. Only when I admitted it was there was I able to accept myself and overcome it.

I'm done investigating Scientology and it's associated.. stuff. Thanks everyone. Keep spreading the good word^^ I will too.

Last edited:

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I liked the hero bit at the end. I always looked up to hero's as a kid. I wanted to be one. Who doesn't want to save humanity from itself? Admitting to myself that I even had a shadow, that I was also the Villain, was a really tough lesson. Only when I admitted it was there was I able to accept myself and overcome it.

I'm done investigating Scientology and it's associated.. stuff. Thanks everyone. Keep spreading the good word^^ I will too.
Are you going to give Scientology more money?

james087

Are you going to give Scientology more money?
No. I'm not searching for answers from Scientology anymore. Even if they had answers I wouldn't give them money. The things they've done and are continuing to do are just straight up crimes against humanity. I don't want to support them at all. (Took a while for everything to click. Thanks everyone for being patient with me.)

Last edited:
Yes, there are bits of truth in it, and some useful things. I still think the TR's are useful, but that's about it. You could find something good in almost any system.

And scn is based on lies. Hubbard was lying from the beginning. He said there were clears, but there were no clears. In DMSMH he said he'd worked 270 cases (or is it 273?) and "cleared or alleviated" them all. Where were those cases? None of them ever came forward. (In that letter to Heinlein he actually says he has close to A THOUSAND cases, but I guess that was too big a whopper even for him.)

And in KSW, Hubbard claimed his way was the only way, and he was the supreme authority and the only one who'd contributed anything workable, which was a big lie.

The good in scn is more than canceled by the bad. You can cherry-pick some good out of it, but as someone else said, it's like picking corn kernels out of a turd. If you need some kind of a system, you'd be better off with something else. And it wouldn't cost you anywhere near as much.
I don't disagree. Still, I'm not going to throw away these hard-earned corn kernels! ;)