OT VIII "Confidential" Student Briefing

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
What fascinates me is the concept that DNA can have "on" and "off" survival characteristics. There is so much we have to learn there, but the concept that someone could have been threatened to play piano well or die, then died that way (turning off some DNA to turn on others like high heart rate, focus, fast hand motions, etc. to make that possible) and then give birth to children or great-grandchildren who had the same DNA turned on (natural ability) really gets my brain thinking. :hmm:
Whether acquired characteristics -- like learning to be a great piano player -- can be inherited has been the subject of much scientific debate over the years. I believe the current prevailing opinion is that it doesn't work that way. But I'm no scientist and I don't pretend to understand all of this -- or even to have read all of this article:

D

Deleted member 51

Whether acquired characteristics -- like learning to be a great piano player -- can be inherited has been the subject of much scientific debate over the years. I believe the current prevailing opinion is that it doesn't work that way. But I'm no scientist and I don't pretend to understand all of this -- or even to have read all of this article:

I'm not referring to Lamarckism, I'm talking about Epigenetics. It's an entirely different concept. Children or grandchildren having their DNA "read" in a certain way without the DNA itself changing. DNA is far more complicated and intricate than we thought:

The interplay between DNA and the environment is what makes each person unique. Environmental factors can cause DNA to be temporarily modified, without changing the sequence, to alter how it is read. Epigenetics, meaning “attached to the DNA”, is the study of such modifications.

Caroline

clerk #2
(Thanks, P&B.)

In Ron's Journal 39, Hubbard said he had completed and fully written up OT VIII in 1985:

Hello!
I trust you had a very happy Christmas and that you will see to it that you have a very happy and free new year.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all you wonderful beings for holding the forts like you have been doing for so many years while I get on with my own job.
Ah… I had better make that a half acknowledgement as we still have ways to go.
Well, while you were running the show, I have been very very busy with my research into the upper bands of Full Operating Thetan. The way I do it is to confront something and find a way through it. Once I’m through it, I now know the exact route so that others can follow. Occasionally, that also means I can go back and streamline an earlier step, having it (do not understand) of wide angle rear view mirrors. In this way, I have certainty that no stone has been left unturned. I then finalize it, package it, and it is ready for others, meaning you.
Such is the case with my New Year’s gift to you: New OT VIII, Truth revealed, is completed! It is written up fully and it is been sent complete to International Management. It will be released at the appropriate time, at the discretion of the officers of the Church - OT-technology is my job, releasing it is theirs - and I’m sure you will be hearing about it from them.
You will enjoy New OT VIII when you do it. It is uniquely addressed to you. I don’t want to mention too much at this time but I will tell you that it addresses a vital necessity for a thetan’s total freedom. I have discovered the primary reason for amnesia on the whole track. And believe me, this you need to handle.
So, there you have it: my New Year’s present to you. I know you will enjoy it. It is now up to International Management to release it, deliver it, and supervise it. And it is up to you to get up the Grade Chart, and through New OT VII Solo NOTS and avail yourself of this new discovery.
I welcome your arrival here.
And one more thing: Happy New Year, I love you too.
-----
Link to audio file

Hubbard died in 1986. The officers of the Church released OT VIII at their discretion, in 1988.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

<snip>
I have discovered the primary reason for amnesia on the whole track. And believe me, this you need to handle.
<snip>
Yes, he's right about this, I do need to handle it. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast 6 months ago, never mind 93,000,000,000,000 years ago (or earlier). :coolwink: :D

Wasn't there speculation about that particular Ron's Journal that it might not even be Hubbard who is on the recording?

I recall that something seemed odd about it when I first listened to it as a Scientologist, and on some thread many years ago on ESMB I saw that others also questioned whether it was actually Hubbard.

Getting back to the subject of the thread though, what IS the primary reason for amnesia on the whole track (according to Hubbard)?
And is this actually revealed to people when they do OT VIII?

Caroline

clerk #2
Yes, he's right about this, I do need to handle it. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast 6 months ago, never mind 93,000,000,000,000 years ago (or earlier). :coolwink: :D

Wasn't there speculation about that particular Ron's Journal that it might not even be Hubbard who is on the recording?

I recall that something seemed odd about it when I first listened to it as a Scientologist, and on some thread many years ago on ESMB I saw that others also questioned whether it was actually Hubbard.

Getting back to the subject of the thread though, what IS the primary reason for amnesia on the whole track (according to Hubbard)?
And is this actually revealed to people when they do OT VIII?
Good question.

Tech Dictionary said:
AMNESIA, a guy who is so spooked that he doesn't dare remember ten seconds ago. He has had some experience earlier than which he is not going to remember, including the experience, so he's only willing to remember some moment after that experience. (SH Spec 72, 6607C28)

Tech Dictionary said:
WHOLE TRACK, the whole track is the moment to moment record of a person's experience in this universe in picture and impression form. (HCOB 9 Feb 66)
From Ability 150 (June 1963):
Ability 150 June 1963_0011.jpg
View/download Ability 150 on archive.org

Hubbard covered Routine 3N in HCOB 24 August AD13 (1963) SCIENTOLOGY FOUR ROUTINE 3N; THE TRAIN GPMs; THE MARCAB BETWEEN LIVES IMPLANTS:

L. Ron Hubbard said:
This is the secret of the amnesia:

Restimulate enough early track charge and do not discharge it and the being will have amnesia on the whole track

Technical Bulletins Volume VII (1991 ed., pp. 281-286)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I'm personally sure it wasn't Hubbard. It didn't sound like the way he talked at all. They kind of got the voice right, but the whole diction was too perfect. Like it was read from a script.

Which, I'm sure it was.

Also, IMO, it also wasn't Hubbard's style to tell people that he was leaving everything in the hands of management. He was way too paranoid and way too much of a control freak to do that. Kind of the total opposite of KSW.

And, if you read Jesse's book about what life was like at the Creston Ranch, you know that Hubbard wasn't spending his days doing "OT Research". More likely drinking a fifth a day.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I'm personally sure it wasn't Hubbard. It didn't sound like the way he talked at all. They kind of got the voice right, but the whole diction was too perfect. Like it was read from a script.

Which, I'm sure it was.

Also, IMO, it also wasn't Hubbard's style to tell people that he was leaving everything in the hands of management. He was way too paranoid and way too much of a control freak to do that. Kind of the total opposite of KSW.

And, if you read Jesse's book about what life was like at the Creston Ranch, you know that Hubbard wasn't spending his days doing "OT Research". More likely drinking a fifth a day.
Yes, I've just heard the tape and I agree with everything you've said about it. Also, before I heard it and I read the bit about it being '...up to International Management to release, deliver and supervise it', that leapt out at me as being highly unlikely Hubbard would ever say such a thing, for the reasons you state above.

Yeah, it's a difficult one ...

Caroline

clerk #2
Ability 150 (Director of Processing Fred Fairchild) said:
The implanted series of goals containing "Heaven", is the prime reason you are in a state of Whole-Track amnesia with dimmed or shut-off present life perceptics.
Ability 150 was published in June 1963. On May 11, 1963, Hubbard issued HCOB Routine 3 Heaven:

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex.
HCO BULLETIN OF MAY 11, AD13

Central Orgs.
Franchise

ROUTINE 3 HEAVEN

[…]
For a long while, some people have been cross with me for my lack of co-operation in believing in a Christian Heaven, God and Christ. I have never said I didn’t disbelieve in a Big Thetan but there was certainly something very corny about Heaven et al. Now I have to apologize. There was a Heaven. Not too unlike, in cruel betrayal, the heaven of the Assassins in the 12th Century who, like everyone else, dramatized the whole track implants – if a bit more so.
Yes, I’ve been to Heaven. And so have you. And you have the pattern of its implants in the HCO Bulletin Line Plots. It was complete with gates, angels and plaster saints – and electronic implantation equipment. So there was a Heaven after all – which is why you are on this planet and were condemned never to be free again – until Scientology.
Before you went to Heaven you were not really very bad or very good, but you didn’t think you had lived only once and you had a good memory and knew who you were and enjoyed life. Afterwards —
The symbol of the crucified Christ is very apt indeed. It’s the symbol of a thetan betrayed.
[…]
The implant station existed on the order of magnitude of 43,000,000,000,000 years ago. (The dates may be part of the implants but do not appear so at this time. However, a possibility of correction of dates is reserved).
Some have been through it once, some more than once.
The first time I arrived and the moment of the implant To Forget was dated at 43,891,832,611,177 years, 344 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes and 40 seconds from 10: 02 ½ PM Daylight Greenwich Time May 9, 1963. The second series was dated to the moment of the implant To Forget as 42,681,459,477,315 years, 132 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 15 seconds from 11:02 ½ PM Daylight Greenwich Time May 9, 1963.
[…]
Both series have the Gates of Heaven visible. The last implant of both consists of “entering” Heaven. The last goal of both is To Be In Heaven.
The gates of the first series are well done, well built. An avenue of statues of saints leads up to them. The gate pillars are surmounted by marble angels. The entering grounds are very well kept, laid out like Bush Gardens in Pasadena, so often seen in the movies. Aside from the implant boxes which lie across from each other on the walk there are other noises and sounds as though the saints are defending and berating. These are unimportant to the incident.
The second series, probably in the same place, shows what a trillion years of overt acts does (or is an additional trickery to collapse one’s time). The place is shabby. The vegetation is gone. The pillars are scruffy. The saints have vanished. So have the Angels. A sign on one (the left as you “enter”) says “This is Heaven”. The right has a sign “Hell” with an arrow and inside the grounds one can see the excavations like archaeological diggings with raw terraces, that lead to “Hell”. Plain wire fencing encloses the place. There is a sentry box beside and outside the right pillar. The road “leading up” to the gates is deeply eroded. An effigy of Joseph, complete with desert clothing, is seen approaching the gates (but not moving) leading a donkey which “carries” the original Madonna and child from “Bethlehem”. The implanting boxes lie on either side of this ” entering” path at path level.
[…]
Further, we have our hands on an apalling bit of technology where the world is concerned. With rapidity and a Meter it can be shown that Heaven is a false dream and that the old religion was based on a very painful lie, a cynical betrayal.
What does this do to any religious nature of Scientology? It strengthens it. New religions always overthrow the false gods of the old, they do something to better man. We can improve man. We can show the old gods false. And we can open up the universe as a happier place in which a spirit may dwell. What more can you expect? This actually places us far beyond any other beings that are about. It puts us, through increased beingness and a restoration of life, in control of much destiny.
We have now only a few unsolved problems about life, huge though they may be, such as the construction of bodies and how does one establish the character of and communicate, if feasible, with beings who are making trees and insects. There are a few things like these. But I imagine when we finally manage to communicate with beetles under rocks and free them, we’ll no doubt find the Creator of Heaven who 43 + Trillion years ago designed and built the Pearly Gates and entrapped us all.
Good Lord, I’d hate to be guilty of that overt. But never mind – you aren’t either. That guy is GONE (I hope!)
L. RON HUBBARD

(Note: This HCO Bulletin is based on over a thousand hours of research auditing, analyzing the facsimiles of the reactive mind, and with the help of a Mark V Electrometer. It is scientific research and is not in any way based upon the mere opinion of the researcher. This HCO Bulletin is not the result of the belief or beliefs of anyone. Scientology data reflects long, arduous and painstaking research over a period of some thirty years into the nature of Man, the mind, the human spirit and its relationship to the physical universe. The data and phenomena discovered in Scientology is common to all minds and all men and can be demonstrated on anyone. Truth does not require belief to be truth any more than water requires anyone’s permission to run down hill. The data is itself and can be duplicated by any honest researcher or practitioner. We in Scientology seek freedom, the betterment of Man, and the happiness of the individual and this comprises our attitude toward the data found. The data, however, is simply itself, and exists whatever the opinion of anyone may be. The contents of this HCO Bulletin discover the apparent underlying impulses of religious zealotism and the source of the religious mania and insanity which terrorized Earth over the ages and has given religion the appearance of insanity. As the paper is written for my friends it has, of course, a semblance of irreverence).

This document was an exhibit in various Scientology v. Armstrong proceedings.
Link to PDF download

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Wow! It was trimmed down.

Thanks Caroline. You sure know where some bones are hidden.

I think it's a little too complicated the way it's put. On the PDC course there was a tape or two on memory. One title was Memory__Not Human Memory. I think it had to do with anchor points. Made sense to me at the time

There were times in my life when past life incidents rolled past as simply as remembering the current day. Why? I don't know. I suppose it's whatever you identify with being. A bird isn't solving the problems of a cow and a cow isn't solving the problems of a fish, so why would the memories cross over one to another. You're being the one thing or the other.

Doing all those clay demos of the time track for the Dianetics Course, I got the idea, as a youngster, that if the soul Individuates, it is now a fresh being.....has a separate and new beginning. IMO. With the later idea of cumulative clusters, one gets the notion that at each step, the new aggregate has a memory ONLY as being THAT aggregate.This precludes the individual having memory for himself AS himself prior to joining the group. When would he get back his own? When he identifies as his true self......would be my guess, hopefully.

Now, I DO remember getting into by my current body. And I remember the circumstances I was in just prior. I remember I had no intention of running a human life. I can recall observing others getting bodies and my concern over whether they would be getting into safe enough situations. And I remember my sorrow being at one time, long ago, that those on Earth would never be coming back to the places they'd occupied BEFORE. I recall being lied to as to why people were sent here. NONE of my friends ever returned. I agonized as to why. My decision at the that time was that our sleep was too deep. The amnesia was too deep, and maybe nobody was ever intended to be able to get out. These feelings set me on a course of being interested in Scientology as a teen. I thought being denied the memory of our existences was wrong, and I wanted to investigate the subject of past life memory.

I did revivify one big incident back in 1982 where I triggered my breaking of the "contract"... and my promise to FORGET. It wasn't heaven but it was full of Greek marble and trees which looked like this below, framing the perimeter of a marble rectangular pool as deep as a public swimming pool. The beings were body-less and the tone was irrevocable condemnation. Many implanted beings were added to me.
3032-250x250-fill.jpg
It seemed like a scene on Earth. I was terrorized and given consequences if I ever remembered or tried to again be the same person I was. The additional beings would go into an autorun later when I exteriorized and separated out from the cluster that was plunged thru the bottom of the pool and INTO this reality/ time stream. It was the worst time I ever had in my life. Ever. Nothing I did in session would stop this automatically running incident. I'd nearly all the Bridge paid for and had to dismantle it for reviews instead. I was a lower level PC and I was exterior and couldn't fit back in.

My terror during the freewheel was that the space I occupied as a being would be 'pulled' out from me. I have a viewpoint of dimension and am located as an Individual being per space I create /occupy. There seemed a kabbalistic attack from above me. It became untenable to be myself. So I was no longer me, but switched into a modality of living thru a series of identities__occluded. I found myself begging the evil not to unmock me. I promised over and over, I would not remember.....anything. I had to confirm again my OATH to abandon my original self and stay gone for good. Memory shut down. I began living thru this or that identity in safe mode.

This seemed to be a 'serious' game of gods. And not the least bit religious. But these universes involved were forcibly made separate, the one realm from ours.

I did feel this was similar in vein to the subject matter of OT VIII.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
It may not have been his style, but the lawyers may have told him it was necessary to publicly distance himself from the idea of his being involved in the day-to-day running of Scientology.

Of course, it was a lie. What else is new?

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
YFIFH (You fixed it for Hubbard.) (See page 2)

Yes, you're quite right Caroline, it wasn't your mistake but it probably wasn't Hubbard's either although it irks me to say so. Whoever typed the document initially was probably typing from a tape recording, and that was what he/she heard and didn't know any better.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It may not have been his style, but the lawyers may have told him it was necessary to publicly distance himself from the idea of his being involved in the day-to-day running of Scientology.

Of course, it was a lie. What else is new?

Maybe. But it didn't seem like that was how things got handled.

It seems like he was kept isolated and was probably controlled with drugs and alcohol and was told only things that DM wanted him to hear. He was probably given the impression he was calling the shots a lot more than he actually was.

Whoever did this tape was very clear and succinct in their diction. Hubbard didn't even sound like that when he was around. I seriously doubt, in the condition he was in, he could have (or would have) made a tape like this.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I've said this before...

If you haven't read it, you need to read Jesse Prince's book.

I know it seems like everyone who has left Scientology has written a frickin' book. I get that. I haven't read most of them, either.

But Jesse's book has a first hand view of the "LRH in hiding" period. He was there. After reading what went on up there, and the fact that LRH was probably drunk and/or drugged most of the time, you'll get why I say he had nothing to do with stuff like this.

Type4_PTS

Which, I'm sure it was.

You're definitely not the only one who knew this.

Here are some posts I took a screen shot of from ESMB. These ones are regarding Ron's Journal 38 (recorded around 1983)

Smilla.PNG

challenge.PNG

Here is the actual thread I found those in:

Type4_PTS

I'm come across many who don't believe it was actually Hubbard's voice on RJ 38 and/or 39. But came across this as well (on Marty's blog from 2013).

In the bottom quote from Mike Rinder he's responding to "RD" who doesn't believe that it is LRH's voice.

snip from martys blog001.PNG
snip from martys blog002.PNG
snip from martys blog003.PNG