Losing my religion - the future of Scientology

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Not unless you got caught or was doing something blatant and likely to draw attention
In Scientology, the greatest crime was to negatively affect Scientology stats or PR.

Just look at the list of Suppressive Acts, and see all the things that were given equal status with first degree murder.

Veda

A little more from Mike Rinder:

"...LRH was trying to avoid being connected in any way to the actions of the GO or Mary Sue, he was an unindicted co-conspirator.... The idea that he knew nothing about Snow White and the illegal acts that were ongoing is tantamount to saying L. Ron Hubbard was blind, unaware and incapable... That was not the case. He was briefed by Mary Sue every single day at lunch during the heyday of the GO Ops - in detail."

And this is the rest of the program from 1980, the beginning of which is in an earlier post:

It begins with a nice young man in a ministerial collar, and ends with several public Scientologists
who obviously had not been briefed on the latest authorized PR handling approach.

In Scientology, the greatest crime was to negatively affect Scientology stats or PR.

Just look at the list of Suppressive Acts, and see all the things that were given equal status with first degree murder.
First degree murder against a Suppressive Person was not considered a suppressive act.

Link to original Original Fair Game Law of March 1965.

See also the Responsibility of Leaders "Pink legs" Bolivar PL. of 1967.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back

With a group so focused on crimes and treating everything a s crime, it is hard to pick which was the "greatest" crime.

I was under the impression that the greatest crime would be to attack/criticize Hubbard, the tech or Miscavige.

La La Lou Lou

With a group so focused on crimes and treating everything a s crime, it is hard to pick which was the "greatest" crime.

I was under the impression that the greatest crime would be to attack/criticize Hubbard, the tech or Miscavige.
The worse crime, when I was in, was actually saying what you thought of the birthday game, and the meter plus long telexes being sent to the orgs. Not all orgs had telex machines, so they had to be dictated over the phone. Some orgs were so small that the ED had to write them down, in utter disbelief, and knowing that any counter intention would be treated with a sledgehammer.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Yes, the great crime would be to do something displeasing to Hubbard, or reduce his cash flow in any way, but that's not what would appear on the goldenrod.

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.

Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone?

But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with"

-- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

HelluvaHoax!

A little more from Mike Rinder:

"...LRH was trying to avoid being connected in any way to the actions of the GO or Mary Sue, he was an unindicted co-conspirator.... The idea that he knew nothing about Snow White and the illegal acts that were ongoing is tantamount to saying L. Ron Hubbard was blind, unaware and incapable... That was not the case. He was briefed by Mary Sue every single day at lunch during the heyday of the GO Ops - in detail."

And this is the rest of the program from 1980, the beginning of which is in an earlier post:

It begins with a nice young man in a ministerial collar, and ends with several public Scientologists
who obviously had not been briefed on the latest authorized PR handling approach.

First degree murder against a Suppressive Person was not considered a suppressive act.

Link to original Original Fair Game Law of March 1965.

See also the Responsibility of Leaders "Pink legs" Bolivar PL. of 1967.

Here's a better quality video of that brilliant 60 MINUTES expose.

I had a lot of trouble finding it on YouTube or anywhere, and then I remembered that I posted it on the old ESMB back in 2011. Still looks mighty good! I think i will also post it on the STUPID THREAD with some other mindblowing material when Wallace asked leading Scientologists about their Fair Game policies. The answers were every bit as pathetic as David Gaiman and "Minister" Ken Hoden. Both of those guys were horrifically bad liars and sleazy to boot.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Yes, the great crime would be to do something displeasing to Hubbard, or reduce his cash flow in any way, but that's not what would appear on the goldenrod.

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.

Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone?

But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with"

-- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"