Original Fair Game Law before it was modified for legal and public relations reasons

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I had heard or read somewhere that a big reason for the rollout of some of the
heavier ethics of that time was because a number of the "first clears" were making
noise about not getting all the promised results. That is, many of the hyperbolic gains
and capabilities Ron kept yammering about were just not there. Ron had to put a lid
on any possible revolts in the field, while he thought about his next steps or strategies.

Again, this is what I'd heard from an old timer. Makes sense, if you think about it.

I had written about it here in April too.

Be interested in other's opinions.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I had heard or read somewhere that a big reason for the rollout of some of the
heavier ethics of that time was because a number of the "first clears" were making
noise about not getting all the promised results. That is, many of the hyperbolic gains
and capabilities Ron kept yammering about were just not there. Ron had to put a lid
on any possible revolts in the field, while he thought about his next steps or strategies.
LRH was always in a position where he could not afford to have a critical mass of people saying "The Emperor has no clothes". The only way to prevent that was to create an environment where "nattering" was ruthlessly suppressed.