TOP SUPER-STUPID MOMENTS IN SCIENTOLOGY (PART V)

guanoloco

As-Wased
Now, two things are coming to mind reading all this.

One is that you've always liked to write longer posts, no matter what the topic. Which is a good thing
and appreciated by all.

Two is that the "they" you keep referring to throughout the post -- as well as many other posts -- was
actually all of "us" a long time ago. That said, there's one thing that I've been unable to resolve to my
complete satisfaction. Even to this day.

And that is, how did we get drawn into this in the first place decades ago? How and why did we stay
around so long, despite all the warning signs and and cognitive dissonances along the way? I'm still
pretty befuddled about many aspects of my prior life. Ron called this the "bullpen" or the place where
unanswered and uncleared questions about life are stored. A good description actually. (Term
"borrowed" from computer science of the day.)

"They get the datum in the bullpen over here and it won’t clear. It won’t clear.
It’s just stuck, right there. It’s not going to go anyplace."
PDC 2

Now today, in my older years, I think I'm pretty smart and bright and can see the world with a clarity.
"Smarter than the average bear," if you will. But when I was young . . . what happened?

I've sorta given up trying to resolve this mystery of life, concluding that when most people are young
they're "dumb as stumps," to put it in a southern vernacular. One only gets a wisdom, if lucky, after
a few decades of embarrassing misjudgements and dumb mistakes. That's just how life works out and
it can't be changed too much. Deal with it.

Anyways, HH, I know you've written about this conundrum on the old message board. Maybe it's time
to revisit the topic and bring up your current revelations and mindset.

How did we get suckered so badly?

Enquiring minds just might want to know, LOL.
Now, two things are coming to mind reading all this.

One is that you've always liked to write longer posts, no matter what the topic. Which is a good thing
and appreciated by all.

Two is that the "they" you keep referring to throughout the post -- as well as many other posts -- was
actually all of "us" a long time ago. That said, there's one thing that I've been unable to resolve to my
complete satisfaction. Even to this day.

And that is, how did we get drawn into this in the first place decades ago? How and why did we stay
around so long, despite all the warning signs and and cognitive dissonances along the way? I'm still
pretty befuddled about many aspects of my prior life. Ron called this the "bullpen" or the place where
unanswered and uncleared questions about life are stored. A good description actually. (Term
"borrowed" from computer science of the day.)

"They get the datum in the bullpen over here and it won’t clear. It won’t clear.
It’s just stuck, right there. It’s not going to go anyplace."
PDC 2

Now today, in my older years, I think I'm pretty smart and bright and can see the world with a clarity.
"Smarter than the average bear," if you will. But when I was young . . . what happened?

I've sorta given up trying to resolve this mystery of life, concluding that when most people are young
they're "dumb as stumps," to put it in a southern vernacular. One only gets a wisdom, if lucky, after
a few decades of embarrassing misjudgements and dumb mistakes. That's just how life works out and
it can't be changed too much. Deal with it.

Anyways, HH, I know you've written about this conundrum on the old message board. Maybe it's time
to revisit the topic and bring up your current revelations and mindset.

How did we get suckered so badly?

Enquiring minds just might want to know, LOL.
In a Ponzi scheme the greed of the mark is played. I've never once been ripped off without my own greed being manipulated against me.

Will I ever learn?

A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust. Confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, irresponsibility, and greed. Researchers confidence tricks have been defined as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct ... intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men') at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')".[1]

In Scientology or Dianetics it was to "handle" a ruin. I knew an alcoholic who wanted to be able to continue to get drunk but to not lose control. I knew a druggy who wanted to experience a Clear high with full perception.

Then we learn to become supermen and cheat death...to maximize our potential and realize wealth, health and happiness all at the mere expense of "postulates". Even the Bridge is sold as a mere postulate...meaning once you go Clear or have aberration handled you'll make 10x what the Bridge costs so there is no expense.

We gain immortality at Cause. We get to go exterior and be gods.

It's the same ploy when Hubbard markets Excalibur as a way to rape women without them knowing it. It's playing into some greed/lust factor with something for nothing or some cheat.

And...just so we can convince our arrogant selves that we're not greedy or selfish...we get to Salvage this Sector and Save the Planet and all Theta for All Time. We even go willingly into sacrifice to show everyone and ourselves that we're dedicated and not in it for self gain.

It's just like the progressive democrats. It plays into the greed of the sucker while allowing them the moral highground of "Good God! Think of the women and children!" while demonizing the "Rich".

It's a shortcut. A simple answer to complex problems. It's the Bank...the engram...the MisU...the missed W/H...the SP psych. The progressive's "rich" aka Nazi, fascist, bigot, homophobe, racist, misogynist, etc.

Then, like a bad marriage or abusive relationship, after years of chasing the will-o-the-wisp you find you've got so much invested into it that you can't admit that you're wrong (serfac) so you continue under the Law of Diminishing Return trying to recoup some of that investment.

Nosedive!!!

Finally, somehow, we escape. Seems to be usually after Scientology attacks us with ethics or "justice".

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I remember meeting OT8 George Seidler (RIP) many decades ago, early on in my dabbling with Scientology. Long story short, we were standing in an entryway of an org and I had asked him just that. He pointed to the upper corner of the lobby behind me and told me he was actually up in that corner at that moment, while standing there talking to me face to face. I was impressed. I wanted to believe real bad, I guess. I didn't question it enough.
That kinda reminds me of the time I was doing my Purif at Ty Dillard's 16th St. Mission in Washington DC. There was a guy in the sauna....at the same time that I learned was OT3. I had been bitching (suffering) with the heat...and stultifying boredom of sitting in the sauna for so long....and he was also. I said to him, but for you, it must be easy....you can just leave your body..... He did not reply to my observation.....:unsure:
The two stories (above) remind one of the ever-present mythology of Scientologists being able to leave their physical body to travel the universe--a miraculous event known as "exteriorization". Perfect moments!

Also, perfectly consistent with an earlier post that noted:

"The purpose of TR-0 is to be there and do nothing" -LRH
That also happens to be the purpose of Clear and the purpose of OT levels. This explains why when you ask a Clear/OT if they can show you one of their miraculous powers, they just look at you and do nothing.
The fact that Scientologists so frequently state they are "outside their body" is a fascinating one. To a Scientologist, this "attestation" proves that exteriorization is real! There could not be any other possible explanation for why people share such a huge metaphysical win, right?

Unless "The Modern Science of Mental Health" (in some kind of cosmically ironic paradox) is actually causing people to have a mental disorder.

wiki
Depersonalization Disorder (DPD): Depersonalization Disorder is a mental disorder in which the person has recurrent feelings of depersonalization or derealization. Depersonalization is described as feeling disconnected or detached from one's self. Individuals experiencing depersonalization may report feeling as if they are an outside observer of their own thoughts or body, and often report feeling of loss of control over their thoughts and actions. In some cases, individuals may be unable to accept their reflection as their own, or they may have out-of-body experiences. Derealization is described as detachment from one's surroundings...........

If "exteriorization" and other OT phenomena like finding a parking space are not really miraculous wins---that would be consistent with my long-held belief that:

Scientology is a celebration of
the mental illness known as "OT"

Last edited:

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
"The purpose of TR-0 is to be there and do nothing" -LRHThat also happens to be the purpose of Clear and the purpose of OT levels. This explains why when you ask a Clear/OT if they can show you one of their miraculous powers, they just look at you and do nothing.
I used to wonder how all those hours spent "being there", flunk your eye twitched, effected one's fixed location in one's head. I mean it had to ratchet one down in his head so as to actually prevent all future exteriorizations. One is taught to go into a TR's trance where all of one's bodily feelings are held in check so as to pass the drill and not get flunked, how can that be good for a person? I remember Hubbard warned that meditating would lock you down in your body and I wondered why he could claim that his TR's didn't do the same - they certainly could. It's a being a body drill if there ever was one though he claimed you'd "never regret time well spent doing TR's" - BUNK!

KKS

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
Scientology volunteers "helping" in Haïti, they proved to be a burden on The Red Cross occupieng beds and needing food, but you never get that when you watch Youtube. Church of Scientolofy Propaganda is like MAGA

HelluvaHoax!

cross-posted from another thread discussing the war to stop the avaricious hoax known as Scientology---that yet survives, despite having been debunked & sued countless times over the past 70 years. ILove2Lurk made several insightful posts about Scientology's seemingly "teflon" immunity from criminal/civil litigation, concluding with: "It's been a lot of years in the foxholes!"

- - - - - -
Years at war in foxholes, HellYeah!

Everyone's got that 1000 yard stare. . .

1580451237192.png

It's like World War II, or 'Nam.
Except Scientology vets came back with a--
1000 yarn stare
It's that bewildered, overwhelmed "fuck-me!" look you get
when you realize you paid a vast fortune in time & money
for the privilege of being defrauded by 1000 sci-fi yarns.​

yarn -noun: a tall tale, a story based in truth, in which the untrue bits are either irrelevant to reality or so fantastical they aren’t believed.

HelluvaHoax!

posted by Karen#1
The new Superbowl Ad.

- - - - - -​

- FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF TV ADVERTISING -
That was literally one minute of slick promotion where​
literally every single one of the 60 seconds, and​
literally every single frame of film was​
literally
focused on a​
SHINY OBJECT!

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
In this video the "chug" advices (CONFIDENTIAL) are explained.
As HH says many many billions of years ago, an entire galaxy was being *RUN* by a small crew with a computer.
The people were upset and getting more upset because their income TAX was rising !
The Brilliant Computer with all its Wisdom found out that the DUKE of CHUG was the HIDDEN *WHO*
THe computer ordered a death sentence.

The Duke of Chug was summarily executed.

Hubbard then *realized* a COMPUTER could run all of Scientology and be more trustworthy than humans....
See the video for more..

That sounds like Uri Geller stuff. Ever read his book that came out in the '70s" Apparently he and co-author Puharich discovered that a giant computer named Hoova, ran the galaxy, (or if you must guh-LAX-y). Don't remember if it was supposedly a simulation we live in or not. Anyway, it was interesting reading for a teenager. I've always gravitated to the 'out-there' stuff.

Karen#1

posted by Karen#1
The new Superbowl Ad.

- - - - - -​
- FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF TV ADVERTISING -
That was literally one minute of slick promotion where​
literally every single one of the 60 seconds, and​
literally every single frame of film was​
literally
focused on a​
SHINY OBJECT!

What was interesting here ~~
NO PROMISES MADE
NO HYPERVENTILATING OF WONDROUS RESULTS OR SUPERMAN BENEFITS... ONLY A DEFINITION OF SOUL. Safer ground to make a commerical a definition of a word, no ?

HelluvaHoax!

NO PROMISES MADE
NO HYPERVENTILATING OF WONDROUS RESULTS OR SUPERMAN BENEFITS... ONLY A DEFINITION OF SOUL. Safer ground to make a commercial a definition of a word, no ?

All other dissemination has failed for 70 years. Walk by any "Ideal Org" and it's dead empty.

The only remaining gimmick that has enough "tricking power" to get someone to go into an Ideal Org is the proverbial---MYSTERY SANDWICH. That's why in front of the Ideal Org is a sign that says "CURIOUS???" That's all they've got, pretending they have a big secret to life that will magically fix all your problems...but they can't quite tell you yet---but they will if you only listen to them just a little tiny bit longer........they're gonna tell ya, just another short moment or two, they're getting ready to tell you!

It's Hubbard's best trick in the bag. You tell someone there is an AMAZING & FANTASTIC THING but don't tell them what it is. They start thinking maybe they won the lottery or something. That's how you trick them into talking about their next step on a nonexistent "Bridge To Total Freedom".

So, yeah---their Superbowl commercial is all what Hubbard terms "come-on dissemination" to "lead them into and thru the channel".

Because the public now openly has disdain & ridicule for Scientology, the Scientology marketing team just refuses to say anything specific that can be mocked the next day with hilarious internet memes. So, instead, they just ooze all those glowing generalities and glowing images to make people think: "Hey this psychotic cult is not totally evil, at least they are finally putting something of value back into the country--by paying millions to non-criminal organizations for their advertising!"

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased

NO PROMISES MADE
NO HYPERVENTILATING OF WONDROUS RESULTS OR SUPERMAN BENEFITS... ONLY A DEFINITION OF SOUL. Safer ground to make a commerical a definition of a word, no ?
People aren't curious. To set them up to be curious about Scientology only sets them up to Google it.

FAIL

The whole thing is some misguided amateur attempt at a mystery sandwich.

Book 1 was THE route. Hubbard knew this...kept them separate...separate premises and everything.

Miscavige never knew this or saw it. He parked Dianetics and pushed the only thing he knew...the hardcore unreasonable SO Scientology.

Too steep of a gradient.

Dianetics was the motivators. Safe ground. No demons...no space opera.

Scientology has all that woo.

That's what Miscavige promotes.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
People aren't curious. To set them up to be curious about Scientology only sets them up to Google it.

FAIL

The whole thing is some misguided amateur attempt at a mystery sandwich.

Book 1 was THE route. Hubbard knew this...kept them separate...separate premises and everything.

Miscavige never knew this or saw it. He parked Dianetics and pushed the only thing he knew...the hardcore unreasonable SO Scientology.

Too steep of a gradient.

Dianetics was the motivators. Safe ground. No demons...no space opera.

Scientology has all that woo.

That's what Miscavige promotes.
....and just an observation, the market for that 'woo' is actually pretty small. How many people read science fiction these days? How many kids read science fiction these days? How many people read? Compared to the gen. pop. at large, the market for 'woo' is a tiny, tiny slice. Which I think confirms the Mighty Midgets mistake in sidelining Dianetics.

Spirit stuff? 'meh......people wanna be better bodies.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
....and just an observation, the market for that 'woo' is actually pretty small. How many people read science fiction these days? How many kids read science fiction these days? How many people read? Compared to the gen pop. at large, the market for 'woo' is a tiny, tiny slice. Which I think confirms the Mighty Midgets mistake in sidelining Dianetics.

Spirit stuff? 'meh......people wanna be better bodies.
Exactly.

Let's give it the slim chance they never heard of Scientology.

They go online.

WHOOPS!!

WOO WOO

Hello, Xenu!

HelluvaHoax!

Let's give it the slim chance they never heard of Scientology. They go online. . . .

WHOOPS!!

WOO WOO

Hello, Xenu!
! LOL !

You had me at "WOO WOO" (when i thought it was the whistle of a Venusian train gaining on me!)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Attachments

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

cross posted from another thread discussing
Questions & Answers about Scientology's
technology--this one referencing upper TRs. . .

Expressionless, fixed stare, zombie-like. We used to kid around about how we were "hypnotized," but even then it struck me as creepy. Afterwards the guy told me he felt he had "become the ashtray" during the drill.

! LOL !

Ashtrays--Aha!
An astonishingly accurate allegorical analogy
depicting the special relationship between
Scientologists and L. Ron Hubbard.

Last edited: