TOP SUPER-STUPID MOMENTS IN SCIENTOLOGY (PART V)

HelluvaHoax!

maybe not later, as things changed. when was the period you had experience with?

this is the sort of thing i find:

1969:
'Even its members will concede that it is far out. After a hurried interview with Miss Anne Ursprung, top executive of the Founding Church, I managed an extension of time by driving her and fellow staff member Esther Mangold to the airport to pick up a couple of Scientologists, Leon and Mitch, who were arriving from New York. As we returned to the city, I asked if it were true that many hippies are interested in Scientology. Leon explained that hippies, having been turned off by the churches, are drawn to Scientology because it represents a radical departure from tradition. Magazine articles denouncing Scientology have elicited an enthusiastic reaction from the hippie community. “If the establishment is against it, it must be good,” they reason.' Scientology: Religion or Racket?: First of Two Parts

Jeff Hawkins:
'He joined because as a self-proclaimed hippie in the late 1960s, he liked the idea of Scientology’s antiwar stance and spiritual component, particularly the strong belief about the afterlife.'' https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/12/21/ex-scientologists-tell-disturbing-stories-about-david-miscavige-the-pope-of-scientology-on-ae-series/

Tina Phillips, writing for CoS' STAND:
'I was the one, back in the day, who fully embraced being as much of a hippie as possible'

Tory Christman:
'Christman had left home for California with the intent of becoming a hippie.'

Patty Pedniaz:
'There was quite a bit to accomplish in two weeks because NN UK was more like a bunch of ex hippies and druggies sitting around drinking tea and doing TR's.' An Ex-Scientology Office of Special affairs Volunteer - Pattie Pieniadz, starts telling her story

Roger Weller:
'“In 1967, Scientology was a natural to go to from the drug culture. The New York org, it was a cool thing,” he says. “There was something interesting about it. Here I was, all freaked out on acid, and here were all these people who seemed so focused. I told them I wanted to go to India. They said I needed auditing.”

He was brought into the org by a good looking girl. “The chick is looking at the e-meter, the needle going back and forth. ‘Do you do any drugs?’ she asked me. I said, ‘Not really, I smoked a little pot this morning.'” Roger was told he’d need to be off drugs for six months before he could get any benefit from Scientology. He decided he could do that.

[Weller sent this photo of himself with Mick Jagger at a 1972 forum, where he said he gave the singer a Scientology book]

“There were all these hot chicks. I bought this book 88088. It had all this out-of-body stuff. ‘This is cool,’ I thought. I can fly around the universe and not have to take any drugs.”

The young men, meanwhile, also struck him in interesting ways. “There were guys a few years older, wearing ascots — Hubbard wore an ascot. I thought it was odd, but they were really friendly to me. They were listening to me. It was just a very cool experience,” he says. “Haight Ashbury had been all about crabs. It was not as great as everybody thinks it was.”

Roger became an ardent member of Scientology and would stay in it for another 19 years. “I disseminated Scientology to so many people in the 60s, and the whole time I was in Scientology I was in the counterculture,” he says. “I did have fun, going to lots of parties, and it wasn’t so expensive when I was in. I met lots of people in Scientology in the 19 years I was in. Most of them are out now,” he adds.

Roger himself left Scientology when L. Ron Hubbard decided to change planes of existence and left his body in 1986.

“I’m still a hippie today. I don’t smoke pot or take drugs, and my hair is short, but I still do my own thing. I meditate. I’m still living outside society,” he says.' When Scientology Was Hip: E-Meters in the Village - The Village Voice

Nice! That's a whole lotta deep-dive data on Scientology's connection to the Hippie world!

There are remarkable similarities and parallels between the Church of Scientology and the Hippie-ology. First of all, both are cosmic religious organizations that each do a lot of recruiting. Very early on, one has to make a decision to convert and "come to Jesus". We call this the "CONVERSION STAGE". While still in school as a young teenie, I was first contacted by the Hippie movement after which they began to groom me to become an ideal & standard hippie.

I clearly remember the day I announced my conversion decision to my mom so that she could do the "conversion" of my regular straight-legged Levis to bell-bottoms. I watched in wonder as she cut out a triangular-shaped piece of jean material and cranked the sewing machine into action to secure it in place. Voila! When they do the movie version of my life, I am fairly sure that during that scene when I first put on my new bell-bottoms and step out into the outside world, Hendrix's "VOODOO CHILE" will be begin blaring!

.​

Last edited:

Veda

maybe not later, as things changed. when was the period you had experience with?

this is the sort of thing i find:

1969:
'Even its members will concede that it is far out. After a hurried interview with Miss Anne Ursprung, top executive of the Founding Church, I managed an extension of time by driving her and fellow staff member Esther Mangold to the airport to pick up a couple of Scientologists, Leon and Mitch, who were arriving from New York. As we returned to the city, I asked if it were true that many hippies are interested in Scientology. Leon explained that hippies, having been turned off by the churches, are drawn to Scientology because it represents a radical departure from tradition. Magazine articles denouncing Scientology have elicited an enthusiastic reaction from the hippie community. “If the establishment is against it, it must be good,” they reason.' Scientology: Religion or Racket?: First of Two Parts

Jeff Hawkins:
'He joined because as a self-proclaimed hippie in the late 1960s, he liked the idea of Scientology’s antiwar stance and spiritual component, particularly the strong belief about the afterlife.'' https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/12/21/ex-scientologists-tell-disturbing-stories-about-david-miscavige-the-pope-of-scientology-on-ae-series/

Tina Phillips, writing for CoS' STAND:
'I was the one, back in the day, who fully embraced being as much of a hippie as possible'

Tory Christman:
'Christman had left home for California with the intent of becoming a hippie.'

Patty Pedniaz:
'There was quite a bit to accomplish in two weeks because NN UK was more like a bunch of ex hippies and druggies sitting around drinking tea and doing TR's.' An Ex-Scientology Office of Special affairs Volunteer - Pattie Pieniadz, starts telling her story

Roger Weller:
'“In 1967, Scientology was a natural to go to from the drug culture. The New York org, it was a cool thing,” he says. “There was something interesting about it. Here I was, all freaked out on acid, and here were all these people who seemed so focused. I told them I wanted to go to India. They said I needed auditing.”

He was brought into the org by a good looking girl. “The chick is looking at the e-meter, the needle going back and forth. ‘Do you do any drugs?’ she asked me. I said, ‘Not really, I smoked a little pot this morning.'” Roger was told he’d need to be off drugs for six months before he could get any benefit from Scientology. He decided he could do that.

[Weller sent this photo of himself with Mick Jagger at a 1972 forum, where he said he gave the singer a Scientology book]

“There were all these hot chicks. I bought this book 88088. It had all this out-of-body stuff. ‘This is cool,’ I thought. I can fly around the universe and not have to take any drugs.”

The young men, meanwhile, also struck him in interesting ways. “There were guys a few years older, wearing ascots — Hubbard wore an ascot. I thought it was odd, but they were really friendly to me. They were listening to me. It was just a very cool experience,” he says. “Haight Ashbury had been all about crabs. It was not as great as everybody thinks it was.”

Roger became an ardent member of Scientology and would stay in it for another 19 years. “I disseminated Scientology to so many people in the 60s, and the whole time I was in Scientology I was in the counterculture,” he says. “I did have fun, going to lots of parties, and it wasn’t so expensive when I was in. I met lots of people in Scientology in the 19 years I was in. Most of them are out now,” he adds.

Roger himself left Scientology when L. Ron Hubbard decided to change planes of existence and left his body in 1986.

“I’m still a hippie today. I don’t smoke pot or take drugs, and my hair is short, but I still do my own thing. I meditate. I’m still living outside society,” he says.' When Scientology Was Hip: E-Meters in the Village - The Village Voice
Jack Parsons and Sara Northup were proto-hippies.

From the Oriflamme, Journal of the O.T.O., by Jack Parsons:

I hight Don Quixote, I live on Peyote, Marijuana,
Morphine and Cocaine,
I never know sadness, but only a madness,
That burns in the heart and the brain.
I see each charwoman, ecstatic, inhuman, angelic,
demonic, divine.
Each wagon a dragon, each beer mug a flagon
That burns in the heart and the brain.

1940s

"I do not want to be an American husband..." L. Ron Hubbard, 1950

The Middle Class Mentality​

Originally from an LRH dispatch of 10 August 1973. Made into an HCO Bulletin of 16 April 1982. (Note: "PTS" is an acronym for "Potential Trouble Source.")

_________________Begin quote________________

...persons of the middle class (which is a culture, not an income bracket, to which belong all the puritan hypocritical mores of the cop and the get-a-job-be-a-moderate-plugging success) frown very terribly on anything that the least bit tries to make a better world. The middle class wants the world of a job and order and even hypocrisy and cops because they are AFRAID. They hold to their narrow views because any other views may disturb their twenty-year house mortgage, the store, the job. So when someone decides to make a better world they look on him as a direct menace even though the dull middle-class world is a sort of slavery and suicide. It is the middle class that tries the hardest to keep the down-and-outer out and down, who go along with a cop America and hate support of anything not their class. And nearly every PTS you have will be found one way or another to be PTS to the middle class. As a group, not as an individual, the middle class parent would suppress almost anything different. So you have PTSes.

The bulk of your PTSes may very well be PTS to a class, the middle class, of which their particular SP is simply a member. Few of them realize this or even that the middle class (bourgeoisie) ARE very suppressive to anyone who tries to do something in the world besides support the system...

Many of them are caught up in the mystery of why they are snarled at and have no conception of the middle class as a formidable and jealous force that goes psychotic when it feels anyone may get away from the treadmill and threaten their uneasy and doomed lives...

____________End quote____________

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Many hippies were college students (late 1960s and early 1970s).

A nearby franchise mission would send staff Div6 disseminators onto campus to get students to attend the Intro Lecture.
After the Intro Lecture, a Div6 registrar would get them to start with the Comm Course.

When they are on the Comm Course a Div2 registrar would then get them signed-up for either the HQS Course or Life-Repair auditing as their next step.

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Jack Parsons and Sara Northup were proto-hippies.
yes, i've sort of glossed over them, and those attracted by Dianetics in the 50s like Dr. Winter and Don Purcell, a middle-aged demographic i don't have a good label for, plus then of course actual beat generation or beatniks like William S. Burroughs (who was almost as old as Hubbard, though many were born in the 20s).

but i've already gone too far astray off the topic of super stupid moments in scientology (i'm not actually sure at what point in Burroughs' trajectory this is from)

Burroughs and Kerouac knife fight:

000temp-upload.png

HelluvaHoax!

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE AT THE UNDERGROUND BUNKER

LINK TO DISCUSSON THREAD ON ESMB

- - -

IDEAL SCIENTOLOGISTS DONATE THE
IDEAL SUM OF 1,000,000 IDEAL DOLLARS
TO IDEALLY MAKE EVERYTHING IDEAL!

I used to think the stupidity of Hubbardites donating fortunes to a
criminally avaricious cult (that sells magical powers that purport to
instantly make everything ide
al) was wretchedly annoying! However,
one day it suddenly didn't bother me any more when I realized that karma
had already done its job! Because, forfeiting/losing millions to a fraudulent
miracle racket run by Liars, Thieves, Con Artists and covertly-hostile
Antisocial Personalities is simply the planet's ecosystem balancing itself—
by levying an appropriately steep STUPID TAX on the hoax's investors.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

PART II: Ideal Mark Donates Another Million Dollars

In all fairness, there are always two (2) sides to every story. . .

On the positive side, there must be some gain or benefit or upside or
win to this story of Scientologists donating millions to a hoax.

I think the clue was right there all along, in this photo!

THAT PHOTO ALONE PROVES THAT HUBBARD'S TECH DOESN'T WORK.
(debunking is a win, right? LOL)

Because after donating 3 million dollars and 3 decades of his life
all he got out of Scientology was a lapel pin with the "eternity" symbol on it.
That scientifically proves Scientology tech does not work, because before
Scientology would allow him to have that lapel pin, he had to first grin
broadly and F/N on an e-meter. Get it? The needle floats when the
defrauded mark loses touch with reality and begins to hallucinate.

Last edited:

Veda

PART II: Ideal Mark Donates Another Million Dollars

In all fairness, there are always two (2) sides to every story. . .

On the positive side, there must be some gain or benefit or upside or
win to this story of Scientologists donating millions to a hoax.

I think the clue was right there all along, in this photo!

THAT PHOTO ALONE PROVES THAT HUBBARD'S TECH DOESN'T WORK.
(debunking is a win, right? LOL)

Because after donating 3 million dollars and 3 decades of his life
all he got out of Scientology was a lapel pin with the "eternity" symbol on it.
That scientifically proves Scientology tech does not work, because before
Scientology would allow him to have that lapel pin, he had to first grin
broadly and F/N on an e-meter. Get it? The needle floats when the
defrauded mark loses touch with reality and begins to hallucinate.

This is horrible. They're playing dress up and make believe.

Scientology Lapel Pin International Association of Scientologists Patron - with diamond, for sale for $350.00 on eBay.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
This is horrible. They're playing dress up and make believe.
isn't that supposed to be dramatizing engrams or something (bad) in scientology theory? (plus probably 'PTS to the middle class', i.e., very bourgeois)

If the org slumps during this transition period, don't engage in "fund raising" or "selling postcards" or borrowing money. Just make more income with Scientology.
L Ron Hubbard From HCOPL URGENT ORG PROGRAMMING
SCN LRH uniforms.jpg

00temp-download.jpg
00temp-download.jpg

Last edited:

Veda

Almost everything on "this planet," according to Hubbard, was said to be an imitation of "implants"
and the" whole track." Not sure what's going on in the minds of Shawn and Colleen May, and other current era Scientologists, when they make fools of themselves wearing silly costumes. Somehow I don't think they're attempting to re-stimulate "wogs" so as to make them compliant and "get them on the Bridge."

This almost looks like a weird sadistic practical joke, played by Miscavige who derives double pleasure by taking people's money for a non existent "Bridge to Total Freedom," and also making asses of people while doing so. Reminiscent of Hubbard having "flagship" crew members push peanuts around the deck of the ship with their bloodied noses, while Hubbard watched, yelling "faster faster."

Early 1969

Dressed as whole track "implanters," which was the "winning valence" (winning identity.)
"Wogs," seeing this, were supposed to become compliant.

In accordance with his confidential instructions, also from 1969, Scientology was going to "use enemy tactics." Hubbard had explained how Christianity (an enemy), used parts of "R6" (implants) to "implant its way to power." Now, Scientology was also going to implant its way to power.

The construction worker hard hats, with stenciled Sea Org symbols (also a compliance-inducing whole track symbol), were not exact replicas of of the 75 million years ago implanter helmets, nor was the rest of the outfit exactly duplicative of an implanter uniform. That discrepancy may have been used to explain why instant compliance from "wogs" (non Scientology humanoids) had not occurred.

Nonetheless, re-stimulative, compliance inducing R6 Bank imagery, per Hubbard's confidential instructions, was used on book covers for many years to come.

As for the peanut incident, those with a sufficient sense of morbid curiousity can click this link, and, when in the document, do a search on peanut.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE AT THE UNDERGROUND BUNKER

LINK TO DISCUSSON THREAD ON ESMB

- - -

IDEAL SCIENTOLOGISTS DONATE THE
IDEAL SUM OF 1,000,000 IDEAL DOLLARS
TO IDEALLY MAKE EVERYTHING IDEAL!

I used to think the stupidity of Hubbardites donating fortunes to a
criminally avaricious cult (that sells magical powers that purport to
instantly make everything ide
al) was wretchedly annoying! However,
one day it suddenly didn't bother me any more when I realized that karma
had already done its job! Because, forfeiting/losing millions to a fraudulent
miracle racket run by Liars, Thieves, Con Artists and covertly-hostile
Antisocial Personalities is simply the planet's ecosystem balancing itself—
by levying an appropriately steep STUPID TAX on the hoax's investors.

It seems like no one challenges the $cientology assumption that they're selling, which is if you THROW ENOUGH MONEY AT SOMETHING (A BAD SITUATION) IT WILL (MAGICALLY) GET BETTER. In other words "give us your money, we'll fix it." What have they ever actually done? Hand out WTH booklets?

For a cult with the supposed answers to existence - they're simply mimicking the US Government approach. The War on Poverty. The War on Drugs. Etc.

US GOVT: Tax and spend, skim graft off the top. (*see Nancy Pelosi - 180k annual salary, 550M net worth)
$cientology Tax their slaves, skim most of it, spend virtually nothing on anything productive.

At least with the US Govt. a person has a better chance to line up at the trough and get some of the graft.

For all the $cn. cults obsession with stats WHAT EXACTLY have they EVER improved in the world? At least the US Govt. has built roads and bridges in the past. With $cientology I don't really see anything, except someone says they found a parking space or they knew who was going to call them before they called.

Actual influence for the good in society? Any? Not that I can see.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientology is. . .

ONE planet.

ONE chance.

ONE purpose.

ONE sacred set of spiritual soupcans.

ONE cosmically comical cult crusader in a combat costume.

ONE tech estimate of ONE million dollars.

ONE ingratiatingly grifty tone level (
one-one).

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary

ONE planet.

ONE chance.

ONE purpose.

it occurs to me, right now they have 2 orgs which have had their 'ideal' buildings finished for going on 2 years, and yet somehow they are unable to get it together and actually move into them, and instead are stuck paying rent on the sort of spaces they were supposed to get out of because such 'downstat' locations repel potential customers (one thing i think they got right) when the orgs can't even afford to keep toilet paper stocked under ideal conditions.

how do they get from that hapless madness to a 'sane planet'?!

Austin, which has been here for about 4 years (across the street from a large cemetery ) in part because they screwed up the construction scheduling and moved out a year before they could even get any work started:
scn Austin temp.jpg

scn Austin cemetery.JPG

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
The bulk of your PTSes may very well be PTS to a class, the middle class, of which their particular SP is simply a member. Few of them realize this or even that the middle class (bourgeoisie) ARE very suppressive to anyone who tries to do something in the world besides support the system...

Many of them are caught up in the mystery of why they are snarled at and have no conception of the middle class as a formidable and jealous force that goes psychotic when it feels anyone may get away from the treadmill and threaten their uneasy and doomed lives...
This was Hubbard rhetoric trying to counteract parents of Scientologists, who were unhappy that their college educated kids were living in hovels and barely surviving, and not producing any grand-kids, while slaving away for Hubtard.

HelluvaHoax!

quoted by VEDA
"The bulk of your PTSes may very well be PTS to a class, the middle class, of which their particular SP is simply a member. Few of them realize this or even that the middle class (bourgeoisie) ARE very suppressive to anyone who tries to do something in the world besides support the system... Many of them are caught up in the mystery of why they are snarled at and have no conception of the middle class as a formidable and jealous force that goes psychotic when it feels anyone may get away from the treadmill and threaten their uneasy and doomed lives..." - L. Ron Hubbard

This was Hubbard rhetoric trying to counteract parents of Scientologists, who were unhappy that their college educated kids were living in hovels and barely surviving, and not producing any grand-kids, while slaving away for Hubtard.

That self-serving and preposterous "PTS to the middle class" propaganda had a nearly identical twin—also designed to repair the ever-widening wake of disgruntled parents/family when a Scientologist would effectively cash out all their chips (e.g. savings, college fund, home equity, et al) and drop out of society and even abandon their own career goals.

I am talking of course about the ingenious solution that L. Ron Hubbard created to repair the sea of "arc broken" and "counter-intentioned" families that his hoax was madly generating daily.

Still don't know what the hell I am talking about? Oh, you will remember it in just a moment, don't worry. LOL. Here it is--you are just supposed to hand your arc broken (friend/family member) this audiotape and when they listen to it, they'll feel really happy with you again.

And they'll suddenly stop thinking Scientology is a cringey-creepy cult, especially when the senile-sounding guy's voice begins getting really shaky and indignantly pissed off at you personally.

authentic excerpt from "Can We Ever Be Friends" audiotape

FACT: It is a scientific improbability that there is even one (1) person living on earth who ever listened to that scolding sermon and didn't like Scientology even less than before they heard it.

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
it occurs to me, right now they have 2 orgs which have had their 'ideal' buildings finished for going on 2 years, and yet somehow they are unable to get it together and actually move into them, and instead are stuck paying rent on the sort of spaces they were supposed to get out of because such 'downstat' locations repel potential customers (one thing i think they got right) when the orgs can't even afford to keep toilet paper stocked under ideal conditions.

how do they get from that hapless madness to a 'sane planet'?!

Austin, which has been here for about 4 years (across the street from a large cemetery ) in part because they screwed up the construction scheduling and moved out a year before they could even get any work started:
View attachment 15569

View attachment 15570
There's a truth that the cult is avoiding.

The cult built the Idle Morgues - and no one came. For the cult faithful, (the marks) management had a fallback position of: "That's OK they'll come when the economy gets bad enough, when times get tough they'll look to us."

But now, in "Bad Times" the Covid era, when the US economy is the shakiest it's been pretty much ever, no one is running to $cientology or their Idle Morgues. Still Idle. Still Morgues. Still have skeleton crews of not-too-bright people who haven't twigged to the fact that $cientology has been over for 40 years.

For years the cult could knowingly say, if we build it - they will eventually come, just you wait"....like real-life is a sentimental movie about baseball.

And now, uh, nope. People staying away in droves.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
There's a truth that the cult is avoiding.

The cult built the Idle Morgues - and no one came. For the cult faithful, (the marks) management had a fallback position of: "That's OK they'll come when the economy gets bad enough, when times get tough they'll look to us."

But now, in "Bad Times" the Covid era, when the US economy is the shakiest it's been pretty much ever, no one is running to $cientology or their Idle Morgues. Still Idle. Still Morgues. Still have skeleton crews of not-too-bright people who haven't twigged to the fact that $cientology has been over for 40 years.

For years the cult could knowingly say, if we build it - they will eventually come, just you wait"....like real-life is a sentimental movie about baseball.

And now, uh, nope. People staying away in droves.
The funny thing is that LRH his-self wrote policy against being too concerned about posh buildings. That the fanciness of the building didn't matter if they were delivering tech results.

And it's true. If the Tech delivered results, in terms of actually, observably and objectively increasing ability, then it wouldn't matter if the Org was in a slum, people would be lining up outside with suitcases full of cash demanding service. Conversely, with no results, it doesn't matter how posh the building is, people are not showing up.

HelluvaHoax!

The funny thing is that LRH his-self wrote policy against being too concerned about posh buildings. That the fanciness of the building didn't matter if they were delivering tech results. And it's true. If the Tech delivered results, in terms of actually, observably and objectively increasing ability, then it wouldn't matter if the Org was in a slum, people would be lining up outside with suitcases full of cash demanding service. Conversely, with no results, it doesn't matter how posh the building is, people are not showing up.

I don't know if Scientologists are actually as concerned about the luxuriousness of the MEST inside the org as it appears. I have a different take. . .

What I think happened is that the Commodore made a monumental discovery that the tech (being so powerful) was also very sensitive, just like any finely tuned scientific instrument. Back in the day, Ron scientifically determined that the entire worldwide assembly line of orgs that was manufacturing Operating Thetans could be completely shut down and brought to a standstill simply by a few errant punctuation marks in books LRH wrote a half-century earlier.

COB continued this rich line of R&D and he likewise made an earth shattering discovery that the tech was so theta and high toned, that it functioned less than miraculously in the presence of lower toned MEST objects. To wit, one could run the OT levels all day for decades and nothing would happen if the auditing sessions were being delivered on linoleum. The truth is—the tech doesn't work on linoleum, hence all Ideal Org auditing rooms are required to have designer Italian marble floors!

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
COB continued this rich line of R&D and he likewise made an earth shattering discovery that the tech was so theta and high toned, that it functioned less than miraculously in the presence of lower toned MEST objects. To wit, one could run the OT levels all day for decades and nothing would happen if the auditing sessions were being delivered on linoleum. The truth is—the tech doesn't work on linoleum, hence all Ideal Org auditing rooms are required to have designer Italian marble floors!
i think you're onto something profound there.

to me, scientology (and much of christianity, too) is covert ritual magick -- underlaid by the belief that if you get the spell just right, have the properly laid out altar and exact ritual and precise wording, super-natural things will happen and transcendence may even occur (and if they don't it's because you got some part of the spell wrong). and that is just the project LRH, Parsons, the Northrup sisters, residents of the Manor (in Pasadena, not the later celebrity one on Franklin Ave.) and other Thelemites were pursuing openly, back in pre-Dianetics days like when they did the Babalon Working (unidentified though possibly 'source', Marjorie Cameron and Rocket Jack performing another pre-Scientology ritual at Agape Lodge):

00temp-download.png

0000temp-download.png

00temp-download.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

i think you're onto something profound there. to me, scientology (and much of christianity, too) is covert ritual magick -- underlaid by the belief that if you get the spell just right, have the properly laid out altar and exact ritual and precise wording, super-natural things will happen and transcendence may even occur (and if they don't it's because you got some part of the spell wrong). and that is just the project LRH, Parsons, the Northrup sisters, residents of the Manor (in Pasadena, not the later celebrity one on Franklin Ave.) and other Thelemites were pursuing openly, back in pre-Dianetics days like when they did the Babalon Working ...
Well, finding the perfectly configured gestures/incantation to conjure a "magical spell" is worth the effort, is it not? Even if it takes decades, one then has the proverbial magic lantern and everything one could ever wish for!

It all falls under the general heading of mystical safecracking. If you figure out the combination's first 9 digits, the massive vault door will still not budge until and unless you can guess or divine that 10th digit.

Scientology's been on the hunt for 71 years for something (anything!) that will work to produce a demonstrable OT effect. Nothin' yet. Ideal Orgs was just another one of Scientology's wacky attempts to get donors to line up for miles in front of every org, just begging to be let inside so they can pay for their Bridge and secure a reservation date at some distant point in the future when an auditor becomes available. Scientologists are still not ready to admit (i.e. the "denial" stage of dealing with death) that their "Ideal Org" program miserably failed and that hundreds of thousands of paying pcs are not going to be showing up because of the Italian marble on the bathroom floors.

I suppose the arduous and risky quest to find "magic" takes many forms. One invests ones time and resources for a suitably wondrous prize. Isn't that embedded at some level in human DNA. We see it in treasure hunts, panning for gold, drilling for oil, mining the ocean's bottom for sunken treasure, investing in the stock market or even buying some cryptocurrency. There is a thrill to risk taking for big jackpots—hence people buying lottery tickets or dropping big bucks in flashy casinos.

All such quests are really iterations of the ancient practice of Alchemy at some level. Scientology is simply another failed version but remarkable in the sense that Hubbard devised some rather ingenious marketing methods to sell his transformative formulae in spite of the obvious fact that it never worked.

I suppose it could be said that if alchemy is the technology to turn base metals into gold, Scientology is the technology to turn (gold) base mentals into cash*.

* cash and/or the equitable equivalent in a real estate portfolio.

Last edited: