There used to be so much on ESMB to go over ...

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
Honestly, no.

If you click on "What's New" at any given time, you will generally find that the. majority of the active threads are about politics, current events, and Corona virus, and not Scientology.

These days, I, by myself, may create the majority of the Scientology related content here.

This is an ex-Scientologists message board in that the members are ex-Scientologists, but that doesn't mean that what is discussed generally has anything to do with Scientology.

Whereas much of Tony Ortega's comment section is devoted to bashing Trump, the MAGA community, Republicans and the Right generally, much of ESMBR is devoted to bashing Black Lives Matter, Democrats, the Left generally, and Islam.

I made a very deliberate choice to be apolitical, to be non-political, to (as short hand) to be neither pro-Trump nor anti-Trump. That way, I could (when I still had a Twitter account) credibly communicate with the MAGA community to inform them about Joy Villa, the LGBTQ community to educate them about the Scientology scriptures regarding them, and the Muslim community to let them know what Hubbard said about Islam.

But I've found that in most forums politics drowns out everything. And even forums that are ostensibly non-political devop an orientation that makes it difficult, if not as a practical matter impossible, for people on the other side to comfortably participate.

I am not complaining. I am just stating reality. It is what it is. People can't be faulted for what they are actually interested in. My impression is that most ex-Scientologists are actually pretty fucking burned out on the subject of Scientology.

If you are interested in discussion about Scientology, I would suggest Mike Rinder's blog:

Mike Rinder's Blog — Something Can Be Done About It

While the comment section there generally gets low traffic, it is devoted to Scientology. Mike pre-moderates comments and does a good job of keeping things on topic. The quality of the comments is high.
Thank you too for all you do. You do a lot to contribute. I appreciate your posts very much. Your work is important. You will save lives.
:rose::rose::rose::rose::flowers2::flowers::smoochy::budhug::cheers2::bighug::grouphug::hug:

The Oracle

It would be nice if the contents of the original ESMB could be easily searched. Right now, its contents are preserved but, essentially, entombed.

Scientology is not dead. It's a multi billion dollar operation that's, currently, largely dormant.

It's not going away any time soon.
I find the original ESMB board impossible to search. I gave up a long time ago.
Why didn't someone just take over that board? Why make it so difficult and start a second one?

The Oracle

You don't have ex friends?
Most ex Scientologists I know from the various Orgs - still have family in and are connected to Scientology.
I find that unhealthy for me and my family. I don't trust them either. At any moment, they could pretend to be my friend offering support for something in my life and they are using ARC to get me back in or to tattle on me for being out and vocal.
I watched that happen to a couple. Their good friend lied to them and gained their trust to find out how they really feel. Then her and her 2-D and kids disconnected from them. Sent letters to notify they want nothing to do with them. This was a LONG TIME friendship of over 25 years.
It was devastating to the ex members.

I would stay away from Ex Scientologists.
Their abilities to be friends has been audited out, in my experience.
Many of them use the "tech" that has been implanted into their beingness and that triggers me.
For example, if you tell a newly out ex Scientologist you are having difficulties with something, they will cut your comm while they conclude you must have crimes you are hiding because you are nattering (TRUE STORY)

That fucked me up and made me feel crazy.
For me to have ex friends, they have to be OUT OUT and doing something about Scientology for a long time, and even then I would not trust them.

I stay anonymous and have friends that are sincere, do not have an agenda and love me unconditionally. I only need a few.
I was able to heal from the mind fucking of Scientology being surrounded with people who do not have anything to do with that cult.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Why didn't someone just take over that board? Why make it so difficult and start a second one?
The original board is searchable through google. Just add "site:exscn.net" to the tail end of your search terms to restrict it to that site.

For example, to get a complete list of mentions of afaceinthecrowd
afaceinthecrowd site:exscn.net
brings up all pages where he either posted or was mentioned

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
No harm in posting this for the thousandth time ...

Open Google and type:

site:exscn.net [what you are searching for] (Ignore the brackets).

Bob's yer uncle!

I'll be sending you the bill for my services shortly.

Oops, I see Enthetan got there first. Doh!

Operating DB

3 feet behind my butt
I miss the glory days of the old ESMB. It was so cathartic. Not much new to talk about these days. We need some big news like the cult losing it's IRS status or the death of Miscavige and dissolution of the cult. .

I don't spend much time of this forum anymore. I avoid the politics threads like the plague. The only two threads I follow are Mainly Cartoons and Stupid Moments for the laughs.

cakemaker

Then again, Scientology is a decaying, shrinking cult.
Not a lot new goes on to discuss.

I am somewhat surprised more new, younger ex's don't show up on the board.

Veda

No harm in posting this for the thousandth time ...

Open Google and type:

site:exscn.net [what you are searching for] (Ignore the brackets).

Bob's yer uncle!

I'll be sending you the bill for my services shortly.

Oops, I see Enthetan got there first. Doh!
This seems to work for finding "threads by."

Threads by _______insert name_______, site: www.forum.exscn.net