Pieces of tech you liked

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Pieces of tech:

BE DO HAVE

I don't know if I really use any of that at all but BEDOHAVE is rather interesting in a way and I have no idea if this is a Hubbard original thing or what but it does make me think about people and their endless quest for success, fame, love, power, and wealth.

I do notice that a lot of people seem to want to "be a somebody". It is like a status symbol. I suppose I would never have thought about that if it hadn't been for Ron Hubbard and those three words.

As for HAVE, I also notice people want a lot of things. I don't know where this wanting comes from but it is encouraged a lot by a lot of people. ;)

HelluvaHoax!

It's understandable that Riddick would think that Scientology is entirely about words. During early 1950, Hubbard stated that the reactive mind primarily consisted of words (from pre natals). During the mid 1960s, abandoning actual GPM running, he presented Scientologists with long lists of words from "implants."

And, for Riddick, years of enduring word clearing probability solidified the idea that it's all words.

Plus there's Hubbard's early 1947 Affirmations: "Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write... Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

Hubbard even implanted himself while sleeping, or drugged, by listening to a sound recording of his Affirmations.

And he actually thought he could hypnotize people simply with the sound of his voice.

Then there are the millions of words, extensive in their own right, but puffed up, with extra wide margins and big type size to make the books bigger, and heavier, so as to impress.

Words, words, words, but not only words.

I have maintained for a long time that all Scientology really sells is words. To be more "scientifically" accurate, 80% words and 20% imaginative hope.

Hubbard gives sells you words (engram, charge, bank, OT, BT, SP, PTS, DB, et al) the same way a parent gives their kids a giant LEGOLAND set.

The kid then makes whatever they want to make with the individual colorful legos (words), using their imagination. That's a lot of fun sometimes, right? LOL

But the lego cars don't really drive.

And the lego castles you can't really live inside.

And lego bridges can't be crossed, just like Scientology's "Bridge".

However, you have total freedom to imagine anything you want while you play with the pieces.

.​

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Wise Guy
Pieces of tech:

BE DO HAVE

I don't know if I really use any of that at all but BEDOHAVE is rather interesting in a way and I have no idea if this is a Hubbard original thing or what but it does make me think about people and their endless quest for success, fame, love, power, and wealth.

I do notice that a lot of people seem to want to "be a somebody". It is like a status symbol. I suppose I would never have thought about that if it hadn't been for Ron Hubbard and those three words.

As for HAVE, I also notice people want a lot of things. I don't know where this wanting comes from but it is encouraged a lot by a lot of people. ;)

BE DO HAVE...I think Ron stole that tech from his nursery school.

Veda

Where does this come from?
Mainly, from documents which became available after having been seized as the result of federal search warrants issued during mid 1977, and released by court order in late 1979.

Secondarily, from my conversations with L. Ron Hubbard junior.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Mainly, from documents which became available after having been seized as the result of federal search warrants issued during mid 1977, and released by court order in late 1979.

Secondarily, from my conversations with L. Ron Hubbard junior.
you know Veda, I went earlier than you and Hubbard Jr and Armstrong release of documents. You should too.

Hubbard's report card gives proof Hubbard studied Dean Wilbur book on English Rhetoric. Secondly, Hubbard's letter to Dean Wilbur in 1936.

Those are my proofs, logos, or logic. Bill asked for source, I gave them.

I actually just realized the problem here and all along since I posted on ESMB, nobody clicks on the links I provided as proof and reads them. I think maybe 2 people read them, A Face in the Crowd and Mockingbird.

As far as Hubbard's use of PTS/SP tech and silencing people, I'm pretty sure his tech is as I tried to explain in the Heinlein letters, but yet nobody read them.

So once again, read this:

Shoot, if you can't read, just click on the bottom "headphones" symbol and listen.

Riddick

I clap to no man

I have maintained for a long time that all Scientology really sells is words. To be more "scientifically" accurate, 80% words and 20% imaginative hope.

Hubbard gives sells you words (engram, charge, bank, OT, BT, SP, PTS, DB, et al) the same way a parent gives their kids a giant LEGOLAND set.

The kid then makes whatever they want to make with the individual colorful legos (words), using their imagination. That's a lot of fun sometimes, right? LOL

But the lego cars don't really drive.

And the lego castles you can't really live inside.

And lego bridges can't be crossed, just like Scientology's "Bridge".

However, you have total freedom to imagine anything you want while you play with the pieces.

.​

yes HH, the word. And also Sublime, imagination.

How Hubbard learned to write such things was from Dean Wilbur Book English Rhetoric.

It's Chapter XI, pages 247-264.

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Pieces of tech:

BE DO HAVE

I remember the Be Do Have from English in the 3rd or 4th grade. Related to words, not life in general though. Verbs were Do words of action and so on. When I saw Be Do Have in $cn. I thought he swiped it from an old English textbook.

marra

yes, I was Gib. I choose that name because he is my best friend who never got involved in dianetics or scientology. Gib always had a laugh it off attitude. When I told him I left scientology he said good, and that was it. It's sort of a similar situation when Jason Beghe left and his friend David Duchovny supported him.

Marra, lots of posters said no clears or OT's on the original ESMB board. HH does it all the time in his "stupid tread" here on ESMB Redux and the original ESMB.

Emma never said that and Emma never banned me. I decided to take a break and change my name to Riddick, I liked the avatar of a Furyan.

What I'm trying to explain is Hubbard's rhetoric and how he entrapped people into believing they are part of a religion, can go clear and OT, all of which is complete rhetoric. It doesn't matter to me if you understand what I am saying. This is the only venue I'm wishing to explain. Like it or not.

Good.
In my post I said that Emma told you to stop saying "no Clears or OTs". You replied that she never said that. Well I knew I was right that she was getting pissed off with you so I went back to ESMB to find the thread (note the correct word is thread not tread).

She deleted one of your posts because she was sick of hearing you say "no Clears or OTs" so you started a new thread with the title "Well I guess I'm annoying becz I keep saying no clears or OTs". Here is the link:

well I guess I'm annoying becz I keep saying no clears or OT's | Ex Scientologist Message Board (exscn.net)

So my original point was correct. You have been saying the same thing over and over again for years and people have been getting pissed off with you for years but you obviously don't care what others think. That was the point I was making.

Bill

In my post I said that Emma told you to stop saying "no Clears or OTs". You replied that she never said that. Well I knew I was right that she was getting pissed off with you so I went back to ESMB to find the thread (note the correct word is thread not tread).

She deleted one of your posts because she was sick of hearing you say "no Clears or OTs" so you started a new thread with the title "Well I guess I'm annoying becz I keep saying no clears or OTs". Here is the link:

well I guess I'm annoying becz I keep saying no clears or OT's | Ex Scientologist Message Board (exscn.net)

So my original point was correct. You have been saying the same thing over and over again for years and people have been getting pissed off with you for years but you obviously don't care what others think. That was the point I was making.
To be accurate, according to the link you provided, Emma deleted "Gib"'s post because Gib kept asking the same question over and over and over -- not because of saying "no Clears or OTs". Kind of like how Riddick now tries to make everything about "Rhetoric" -- over and over and over.

Obsessive/Compulsive.

Also, to be accurate, there are no Clears or OTs.

Bill

<snip>

Those are my proofs, logos, or logic. Bill asked for source, I gave them.
<snip>
You do not understand the word and concept "proof". According to this person's copy of a letter, Hubbard wrote "Some of these days I am going to set down these things in a book, and your rhetoric, very battered now, will be open on the desk beside me when I write it."

Did you read the rest of the letter? Did you understand what "these things" Hubbard was referring to? Apparently not. Read it again, if you wish.

Your assumptions are still not proven facts. But, after all, I couldn't care less. "Let's call the whole thing off".

Riddick

I clap to no man

Riddick

I clap to no man
If one wasn't a member or somebody who did a lot of scientology and read all his books, listened to a lot of his lectures, etc., you won't get this. If you were, you might get this and correlate. This is chapter 1 of Dean Wilbur English rhetoric. Here in Chapter 1, Wilbur talks about spirituality.

now, if you read that chapter, you'll have to scroll down a bit, it says this:

"The living power in words is the power of personality. The self finding adequate expression through a circuit of words-this is rhetoric."

And that's what Hubbard did, as HH says sell words, totally agree. That's why Hubbard wrote so much and lectured so much, he was self expressing his rhetoric, and made money. But, in the end, no clears or OT's

HelluvaHoax!

And that's what Hubbard did, as HH says sell words, totally agree. That's why Hubbard wrote so much and lectured so much, he was self expressing his rhetoric, and made money. But, in the end, no clears or OT's
Hubbard even openly admitted to being extremely concerned about how much the words sold for apiece!

“Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wants
to make a million dollars, the the best way
would be to start his own religion.”
- L. Ron Hubbard
It's often been estimated that the total number of words contained within Hubbard's books, tapes, bulletins, policies and other "sacred scripture" was 10,000,000. The average price of doing the "Bridge" is $600,000. So let's do the math.

That means that Hubbard is making substantially more than one penny a word. 10M words for $600K is 6 pennies a word!

But it's far better than that, because Hubbard (and his assignees) make 6 cents* a word from every Scientologist.

Ergo, for all intents and purposes, there is now proof that there is at least one real OT in existence! Because Hubbard 's tone 40 postulates are evidently working! ,,LOL

* "6 cents a word": The metric of 6 pennies a word (vs. 1 penny a word) is actually and virtually identical to Hubbard's often cited money metric of 5.4X. In addition to its use in setting production goals for staff, I believe that multiple was also cited in an LRH advice memo on how to price (i.e. mark up) the sale of Scientology "merch" (audiotapes, books, bracelets, meters, lapel pins, et al).

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I remember the Be Do Have from English in the 3rd or 4th grade. Related to words, not life in general though. Verbs were Do words of action and so on. When I saw Be Do Have in $cn. I thought he swiped it from an old English textbook.
Yes, somehow along the way, I mistook the words for an actual thing of some sort and now BE DO HAVE became one of the keys to unlocking the secrets of the universe.

Someone should start a Scientology power trio called Be Do Have.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
In Dean Wilbur book, Wilbur writes about what a writer should do, it relates to be, do and have. Wilbur says a writer

"As rhetoric is a self expression, the making of a writer begins with the self. Being is the the thing of first important-not merely life, but living. Experience is the next thing-- not merely observing or hearing or but doing. Technic is the third thing............... "

this is from The Chapter of the making of a writer in Dean Wilbur book posted above. Bill, should ask his brother if he read this book and can correlate. You'll have to scroll down on the link to get to the chapter of the book.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
In Dean Wilbur book, Wilbur writes about what a writer should do, it relates to be, do and have. Wilbur says a writer

"As rhetoric is a self expression, the making of a writer begins with the self. Being is the the thing of first important-not merely life, but living. Experience is the next thing-- not merely observing or hearing or but doing. Technic is the third thing............... "

this is from The Chapter of the making of a writer in Dean Wilbur book posted above. Bill, should ask his brother if he read this book and can correlate. You'll have to scroll down on the link to get to the chapter of the book.

I DL'd it - been reading it. A very good book. I think you'd be interested in Modes of Rhetoric by Leo Rockas (1964). It's the 10,000 foot view and clarifies a lot of thought.

Modes of rhetoric.

Riddick

I clap to no man
To be accurate, according to the link you provided, Emma deleted "Gib"'s post because Gib kept asking the same question over and over and over -- not because of saying "no Clears or OTs". Kind of like how Riddick now tries to make everything about "Rhetoric" -- over and over and over.

Obsessive/Compulsive.

Also, to be accurate, there are no Clears or OTs.
that's funny Bill, your brother while being a marketing executive created the dianetics ads one can go clear with his dianetics ads. And now I am saying and repeating the message, no clears or OT's or returning from life. Jeepers. Why you getting on me for something I discovered?

Bill

that's funny Bill, your brother while being a marketing executive created the dianetics ads one can go clear with his dianetics ads. And now I am saying and repeating the message, no clears or OT's or returning from life. Jeepers. Why you getting on me for something I discovered?
That makes no sense. I never said what you think I said. :confused: