OT VIII "Confidential" Student Briefing

Caroline

clerk #2
I was on the ship with George when he was doing OT VIII in Aug 1988, so I can validate that he was there then doing it.
George Witek said:
Hubbard died in January 1986. The OT VIII level was to be released in May 1988, and I was eligible. I did not go on the Maiden Voyage of the Freewinds because I wanted to wait for the first 150 to return with reports on the level. In June, I was contacted by some friends who I had known in Miami since 1984. They strongly urged me to leave for the Freewinds in July, 1988. I completed the level on July 17, 1988. I left Scientology in late1989.

WITEK, GEORGE M.. LUCIFER'S BRIDGE: SCIENTOLOGY'S LOST PARADISE (Kindle Locations 1680-1683). . Kindle Edition.
I don't think I knew George. (And I don't know who you are, P & B.) I was auditing in the NOTs unit at Flag when the first groups of OT VIIs were getting put through their OT VIII eligibility programs.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
amazon.ca said:
This book describes the inner secrets and viewpoint of the highest "spiritual" level in Scientology named OT VIII. Lucifer's Bridge was written to expose the fundamental basis of a Church known for its violence and disruption of traditional family values. The highest level ever released was titled "Truth Revealed." It was secretly available to selected public for only a few months in 1988-1989 on an ocean going cruise ship sailing in open waters in the Caribbean. The crowning content material was abruptly pulled from the level by new generation management due to its unsonsy, egotheistic nature.
Unsonsy?

Caroline

clerk #2
BRAVO! Great observation. Way to obnose that out-point!

But on top of that 75,000,000 million years ago is a mere Lock in the grand scheme of things...not even a secondary and by no means a basic-basic anything. How can running a Lock absolve one's Case?
As an "OT" in the Sea Org, it was clear to me that the Xenu incident at 75 million years ago, aka "Incident 2," is "the 4th dynamic engram" Hubbard was talking about in RJ 67 and '68, and that he was referring to this incident as the basic engram for homo sapiens. I understood that Xenu was the SP prototype for the "confederation" of which Earth is a part, and that the purpose of the Sea Org is to put in ethics so that this fourth dynamic engram can be run out. I understood from my advanced level training that these "facts" were to be taken literally, and not allegorically.

Hubbard in RJ 67 said:
And as I say, I have many adventures along this line. And last December of 1966, I concluded that I had gone as far as I could go without taking further forthright action with our technology, and I used an old old principle of Scientology, which consists of putting the injured member exactly on and in the place it was injured. If you were to bump your head on a certain door, a little bit later if you go back and touch your head against that door, you of course will suffer the full somatic for a moment of the impact. It has to be that exact point to produce this exact phenomenon.

And so I decided that I had better go out and contact an exact point or two, not so much for me, but where things had happened in ages past which were really the beginning of the demise — or were the demise for this civilization as it then existed. Without telling anyone about this – or what I intended to do – I went out and took my life in my hands, you might say, and brought the matter off. The mystery of this universe and this particular area of the universe has been – as far as its track is concerned – completely occluded. No one has ever been able to make any breakthrough and come off with it and know what happened. As a matter of fact, it is so occluded that, if anyone tried to penetrate it, as I’m sure many have, they died.

The material involved in this sector is so vicious that it is carefully arranged to kill anyone if he discovers the exact truth of it.

So in January and February of this year, I became very ill, almost lost this body, and somehow or another brought it off and obtained the material, and was able to live through it. I am very sure that I was the first one that ever did live through any attempt to attain that material. This material I’m talking about, of course, is very upper level material and you will forgive me if I don’t describe it to you in very broad detail because it’s very likely to make you sick, too.

Now my task for the remainder of the year, up until now – which is to say the ensuing six months – was to find some way to safely bring through individuals. It was not enough for I myself to have lived through it. Other people would have to do so as well when they reached Clear and tried to move up from that point above.

And about five or six weeks ago, I finally was able to make a breakthrough which brought people through the zone safely. It is relatively easy to do now, provided one is an extremely well-trained auditor, and the band of fire can be walked through, bringing one out the other side unscathed, providing he applies the exact technology. No one is in danger of colliding with this at lower levels, since it concerns the formation of the society itself in which we live. A person is Clear on the first dynamic. It is necessary, to become OT, to became cleared on all dynamics, including that of society and that of the physical universe. So I have also made this breakthrough, and I don’t mind telling you, it took some doing. In all the eighteen years, this has been the toughest one that I have faced. And I faced it so that it would not be tough for you to face when you came to it.

I formed the Sea Organization of OTs in order to have an area where a Scientologist could come, who could safely then walk through this last wall of fire. As the road to OT has to do with confronting and confronting life and confronting both the evil and the good thereof, the people of the Sea Organization are also becoming very experienced in the handling and confronting of MEST. This, however, is not part of the program for people we put through this last barricade.

Objections to learning the ultimate truth of this universe and what happened to it and why are so deeply implanted in people that it is necessary for any extremely advanced level to be relatively out of the common area and not planted on the crossroads of the world. So therefore the Sea Organization is simply organizing bases which are off the main track of man and in these bases we will be able to push people through and also to handle situations with regard to Scientology to help it get in Ethics on this planet.
Transcript: Ron’s Journal ’67
Hubbard in RJ 68 said:
Early in 1968 we announced a humanitarian objective and this is why I was keen to make this talk for you, because this is where you can help.The humanitarian objective is to make a safe environment in which the 4th dynamic engram can be audited out. By engram we mean the mental block that prevents peace and tolerance.By 4th dynamic we mean that impulse to survive as mankind instead of just individuals.

Ron's Journal 1968

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I knew George. (And I don't know who you are, P & B.) I was auditing in the NOTs unit at Flag when the first groups of OT VIIs were getting put through their OT VIII eligibility programs.
I was public

Caroline

clerk #2
Just FYI: The Lucifer issue was no longer part of New New OT8 within a year. It wasn't part of the OT8 I did it in Feb '90 and I have a friend who tells me it wasn't on the OT8 he did in June/July '89.
That makes sense. The Super Dupers would have cognited they needed to reveal a more acceptable truth.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I really appreciated reading your take (and everyone else's take) on that document.

Fortunately we all have Maria Pia Gardini's sworn testimony for the OT 8 Rundown.

We also have George White's Lucifer's Bridge, with a very detailed description of his experience on OT VIII, and analysis.

View attachment 224

Hmmmmm...interesting. So the clams and such were all about Earth incidents with the GE, etc. I wonder if that was the crux of OT8 processing at the time or if it included the remainder of the HOM processes?

It's all bullshit, I know, but I'm wondering if there was any consistency to the madness. It makes some sense to run the Earth incidents of the weeper, etc., if we're just going back to the Xenu stuff but all the other stuff like the Airplane Goals, Gorilla Goals or whatever the hell it was was supposed to be way, way, way before Earth.

Caroline

clerk #2
Hmmmmm...interesting. So the clams and such were all about Earth incidents with the GE, etc. I wonder if that was the crux of OT8 processing at the time or if it included the remainder of the HOM processes?

It's all bullshit, I know, but I'm wondering if there was any consistency to the madness. It makes some sense to run the Earth incidents of the weeper, etc., if we're just going back to the Xenu stuff but all the other stuff like the Airplane Goals, Gorilla Goals or whatever the hell it was was supposed to be way, way, way before Earth.
Good questions. I don't know how exactly they dealt with this matter on OT 8.

My relevant experience and training: Solo Consultant, Advanced Courses Review Auditor, Solo D of P and NOTs auditor. I had the OT 3 narrative worked out consistently enough to audit it on other people, and to answer technical queries from solo auditors. It seemed to me that my Cramming Officers, C/Ses, and other techies who specialized in these materials had it worked out too. We only talked about it in the context of student training or in Cramming, and then only behind closed doors.

Practically speaking, by OT 3, Pre-OTs addressed our auditing commands to BTs; it was their time tracks that were getting handled, and their engrams that were getting erased. The E-meter would read and F/N, signifying (according to Hubbard) that the BT or BTs had literally blown off.

Last edited:

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
One would think they'd concoct an OT 9 and 10, just as they did OT 8, but something is preventing Miscavige from attempting this.

When Marty was out, and was the "Marty Luther "of Independent Scientology, circa 2011, he insisted that OT 8 was IT: the top level.

This was odd, as OT 8 is presented as the first actual OT level, and its "EP," paraphrased, is "I don't know who I am."

It's strange that Miscavige has not at least revived the old OT 5, 6, and 7 - OT 4 addressed old Clearing Course materials so would likely not be applicable to Dianetic Clears circa 1978.
I suspect they realize that OT VIII was a big disappointment (though cult brainwashing prevents anyone from saying it and perhaps even from clearly articulating it to themselves). And anything they release as OT IX and X would ultimately be perceived as a disappointment too.

By not releasing OT IX and X they can let scngsts keep fantasizing about how great these levels must be -- and keep paying for them -- without any danger of disappointing them with a "big nothing" reality.

In scn there's always something more, just out of reach, which will make everything okay.

Hatshepsut

Good rule of thumb for anyone delving into incidents: If it actually happened to you this lifetime you can be reasonably certain that it actually happened to you. Everything else... not so much. :)
Well, if all identity packages are 'not' us, then I guess everything happened to just them..... our creations. I mean, how would a native Static better experience than by locating part of himself into some Time. It's all vicarious as you have to assume some point of view and not be omnipresent__ for a while; which is a lie, I guess.

On the problems processes I got into a state where nothing occupied the same viewpoint of dimension as myself. It was sort of an elated identity-less state. Nothing was run that didn't act as a 'wrong' item afterwards. I was just different somehow, and not a located 'self' that had timetrack. All items were somehow wrong now because I wasn't that same composite. Not this...not that. No Mind.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal of One
I suspect they realize that OT VIII was a big disappointment (though cult brainwashing prevents anyone from saying it and perhaps even from clearly articulating it to themselves). ...
Just so you know, not everyone thinks OT8 was a "big disappointment". I personally know 3 OT8s (all now ex-scientologists) who thought it was pretty damn good. None of them regret having done it. :)

Caroline

clerk #2
Well, if all identity packages are 'not' us, then I guess everything happened to just them..... our creations. I mean, how would a native Static better experience than by locating part of himself into some Time. It's all vicarious as you have to assume some point of view and not be omnipresent__ for a while; which is a lie, I guess.

On the problems processes I got into a state where nothing occupied the same viewpoint of dimension as myself. It was sort of an elated identity-less state. Nothing was run that didn't act as a 'wrong' item afterwards. I was just different somehow, and not a located 'self' that had timetrack. All items were somehow wrong now because I wasn't that same composite. Not this...not that. No Mind.
If you mean by "identity package" a cluster of BTs, the standard Scientology indoc says these beings are entirely separate beings, literal beings, not "our creations" at all. The glue that holds BTs in clusters and what attaches them to their hosts is some sort of traumatic content, like the Xenu incident, or another kind of engram. The "static" or "OT" is who/what remains after all these other entities or BTs blow.

I remember being in a condition a bit similar to the one you describe. In my attempt to tell my auditor what was going on with me, I happened to voice the confidential EP of "Clear OT" which is "No track." I think the reference for it is one of those super secret HCOBs that only C/Ses train on. Anyway, I hadn't seen it before I attested. It was a huge surprise to me that Hubbard had written about this condition so precisely, and it was of course a big ego-boost.

Now I'd describe my condition at the time as being more or less pathologically dissociated from my personal life and experience. I was extremely vulnerable to suggestion and further predation in the real world. The state or condition is nothing to aspire to, and I'm not proud of it.

Hatshepsut

If you mean by "identity package" a cluster of BTs, the standard Scientology indoc says these beings are entirely separate beings, literal beings, not "our creations" at all. The glue that holds BTs in clusters and what attaches them to their hosts is some sort of traumatic content, like the Xenu incident, or another kind of engram. The "static" or "OT" is who/what remains after all these other entities or BTs blow.

I remember being in a condition a bit similar to the one you describe. In my attempt to tell my auditor what was going on with me, I happened to voice the confidential EP of "Clear OT" which is "No track." I think the reference for it is one of those super secret HCOBs that only C/Ses train on. Anyway, I hadn't seen it before I attested. It was a huge surprise to me that Hubbard had written about this condition so precisely, and it was of course a big ego-boost.

Now I'd describe my condition at the time as being more or less pathologically dissociated from my personal life and experience. I was extremely vulnerable to suggestion and further predation in the real world. The state or condition is nothing to aspire to, and I'm not proud of it.
By identity package, I mean theta 'in the valence of' ..or carrying out the automatic function of this or that role. Scripted software.

Pathologically disassociated? Been there__after some processes on objectives. I know what you're saying Caroline. But other times, it's just a big release state of being here NOW, with no time track. Satori must be something just the same where one no longer finds himself 'inside' a mind.

Theres actually been some discussions on ESMB as to whether BTs are all actually other beings or the remnant theta of others. I actually experience both as being true. The phenomena is what it is, and we know which spiritual nature it has when we experience it. Some folks still try to label the BT phenomena as circuits or ridges.....as did Hubbard waffle in the 50s. I think it's good to know going in which category of animal you're hunting....and just focus on that. In doing the melazzo style handling to break up clusters, I normally felt it was 'pieces' of other beings, shattered and impacted. I realize what is written about Incident 2 where clusters were made and packaged.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
Okay, thanks for your clarification. I'm not very familiar with how you are using specific terms and the territory you're describing with them. My relevant training and experience is limited to what I learned and delivered at Flag and AOLA.

When I left Scientology, I went on a search to find out whether I could find other similar systems that included invisible entities, and how they might be interpreted. One of the most helpful references I found was in The Ritual Magic Manual by David Griffin.

David Griffin said:
Psychology and Evocation

One may best understand the function of Magical Evocation within Rosicrucian Magic from a psychological perspective. Modern psychology offers the Magician important insight into processes known to Theurgists for thousands of years. The notion of the Unconscious, an aspect of the psyche lying beneath the threshold of conscious awareness, provides new insight into the nature of the Entities previously understood as Demons. Israel Regardie suggested that: "The term 'complex' has achieved a fairly wide notoriety during the last quarter century since the circulation of the ideas of Freud and Jung. It means an aggregation or group of ideas in the mind with a strong emotional charge, in the capable of affecting conscious thought and behavior.[7] "Living in the dark realm beyond the light of consciousness, the complexes enjoy a sort of semi-autonomy within the psyche.

Whether the Magical Forces, Angels, and Demons exist objectively or rather merely subjectively within the psyche of the Magician is an epistemological question that goes beyond the scope of the present discussion. For practical purposes, it is quite useful to consider the Forces at times as though they were objective and in other instances to treat them as though they were purely subjective psychic contents of the Magician. This is not dissimilar to the scientific understanding of light. We may best understand certain properties of light by considering it as a wave and others by considering light as a particle.

We may thus gain new insight into the nature of Demons by considering the Averse Forces as subjective Forces within the Psyche of the

______
[7] Israel Regardie, The Apt and Meaning of Magic (Toddington: Helios, 1964), p. 32

Magician. These complexes exist beyond the threshold of consciousness, beyond the light of reason so to speak, in the darkness of the psyche. In Qabalistic terms, the four Worlds of Aziluth, Briah, Yetzirah, and Assiah, with their corresponding Gods, Archangels, and Angels are
Forces of Light. They exist in the Light of consciousness. The Averse Forces, Qlippoth, Spirits, and Demons are unconscious Forces, which exist in the dark realm beyond our conscious awareness.

Indeed, the Demons are but the "Shadows of the Gods." A lotus flower opens gracefully in the light, but its root grows in the dark slime beneath the water. Each of the Forces attributed the Tree of Life may be likened to a lotus flower. The Divine Names, Archangels, Angels, and Spheres corresponding to each Force are like the petals of the lotus, bathing in the light of consciousness. The corresponding Qlippoth, Spirits, and Demons are the root of the lotus growing in the dark slime. The Gods, Archangels, and Angels are rational or conscious Forces. The Averse Forces comprise the dark, non-rational, frequently repressed, instinctual, and emotive counterparts of the same.

These Dark Forces exert a great power over consciousness. They move us instinctually, emotionally, and frequently completely unobserved
and unnoticed. Who has not experienced being "carried away" by a strong emotion, like anger, which colors consciousness temporarily
with nearly irresistible power? Who has not said, at one time or another, "I just don't know what came over me?" Indeed, unconscious
Forces play a far more active and fundamental role in day-to-day life then we are normally aware. They manifest autonomously, in response
to stimuli in the environment, and independently of our will and awareness. It is the task of the Major Adept to grow in awareness of, to
make conscious, and to master these Forces.

From this perspective, Magical Evocation bears a certain resemblance to the process of psychotherapy, since it involves the bringing of
unconscious contents to light. By evoking the Averse Forces into the Triangle of Art, the Magician brings them into the light of consciousness,
virtually comes to see them, and attempts learn about their nature, function, and mode of operation in the process.

Before the Evocation, this had remained completely unconscious or, so to speak, in the darkness. With time, the Adept learns to quickly
recognize these Forces whenever they manifest in his or her day-today life and to direct their operation to the service of greater psychic
unity and harmony. As Israel Regardie put it: "No longer are they [the Demons] independent spirits roaming the astral world, or partial systems
roaming the unconscious, disrupting the individual's conscious life. They are brought back once more into the personality where they become useful citizens so to speak, integral parts of the psyche, instead of outlaws and gangsters, grievous and dangerous enemies threatening psychic unity and integrity."[8]

It is frequently easier to recognize the manifestation of these Forces in retrospect rather than during their manifestation moment-to-moment.
These processes are very subtle and extremely easy to overlook. The Magical Diary or Journal is therefore an important tool in becoming
conscious of these Forces, as we frequently notice them first during the process of reflection.

Thus we have seen that modern psychology illuminates processes underlying Ceremonial Magic. It would behoove psychologists and psychotherapists as well, however, to pay closer attention to Ceremonial Magic. Through Rituals like Magical Evocation, Ceremonial
Magic has a great deal to offer psychology, especially regarding technique and methodology.

[8] Ibid., p. 36.

Griffin, D. J. (1999). The ritual magic manual: A complete course in practical magic. Beverly Hills, Calif: Golden Dawn Pub.
In the Rosicrucian system, as you can see, the entities are both "independent spirits" and "partial systems." The direction of improvement is that they are "brought back once more into the personality."

In the Scientology system, the BTs and clusters are blown off, discarded. There is no integration step.