Hubbard and the Babalon Working

Caroline

clerk #2
OK then, I guess Crowley put polarity into the 'tree'. It looks highly electronic in the graphic above. Almost like something you'd see on the console of an alien spaceship. The question is, IS there polarity in the sephiroh where there seems an evolutionary unfolding from one modality of God into the next? They certainly take center stage in the Kybalion.

Excerpt from Caroline's post, SOS and The Basic Principles of Processing.
Theta and MEST in a disorderly collision bring about enturbulation in both the theta and the MEST which actually changes or reverses the polarity of the theta and the MEST. This reversed polarity permits the rejection of theta by enMEST and of MEST by entheta, so that
death can ensue and a new organism can be begun.

Sounds like the tape with Mary Sue auditing Ron on Theta vs Mest goals......electropsychometric auditing, Scouting the war between the universes.

Tape begins after ads on this Underground Bunker site.
Re your question about polarity, I don't know. I read the chapter on Polarity in the Kybalion, which is also an Hermetic text, afaik. Israel Regardie discussed these matters in The Middle Pillar. Christian and/or Jewish cabalists may have a different perspective.

I listened to "Electropsychometric Scouting: Battle of the Universes," and read the transcript, thanks. Hubbard incorporated his Theta/MEST theory into many Scientology narratives. In the demo session (1952), Hubbard remarked about somatics (unwanted body sensations and pains) and associated them with entities. In 1978, with the NOTs materials Hubbard was still associating somatics with these entities/BTs.

SOMATICS
A BT or cluster has three choices - it can run its own life or run yours or run nothing. The things you run into with somatics are not likely to be of the category of your life, they’re more likely to be in the category of the BT’s life. So it gets to be a dizzy scene.
[...]​
NED for OTs handles those BTs and clusters which, while they could still affect the body, are not readily responsive to OT III handling. As NED for OTs is run these cats wake up and get handled. This relieves the Pre-OT of a lot of phenomena which puzzles him and can hold him down. As you go along in running it you will find that the material to which NED for OTs is addressed seldom considers itself live beings. It thinks it is MEST, body parts, significances, conditions - anything but a live being. Because a thetan can’t do anything but survive, the states he can get into exceed what we normally think of as living beings. Even though you will occasionally find “live” BTs and clusters in running NED for OTs the bulk of the material you are handling considers itself outside that category. While it responds to all the laws of life it requires a special address to get it into the realm of awareness that it is alive.
You’ve never had any pcs like that unless you’ve worked in an institution and have seen some inmate living in a totally lifeless state, unaware of anything. NED for OTs handles this condition on BTs and clusters which existed without being suspected except for the occasional clue of a strange picture or a wild somatic.

HCOB 15 September 1978 NOTs Series 1 Confidential NED for OTs RD Theory Of.

In NOTs Series 27 Hubbard specified the ideal scene for thetans in relation to their MEST bodies, and explained how BTs/clusters, or their masses and pictures, are what stands in the way of this ideal:

The basic biological structure of the body is transparent to a thetan. The Pre-OT’s perception hangs up on BTS and clusters. These BTs and clusters have the ability to change and control a thetan’s perception whereas Mest won’t. BTs and clusters are too close to a thetan’s wavelength and can therefore exert control. A primary target for NED for OTs is: “things that are not part of the biological machine (body), but think they are and get in the way.” This is what you want to handle. The Pre-OT’s sight hangs up on these BT/cluster masses. The successive steps of the Rundown have to do with the parts of the body he can see, the phenomena encountered and the processes you handle these with. The actual criterion the auditor uses is What is the Pre-OT looking at? What can he see? and Can he blow it?
The ideal scene: “A transparent body which does not interfere with the sight of the thetan and is free from unwanted sensations, pains, or pressures.” The primary error a thetan makes is mistaking these BT/cluster masses for the body or mistaking another’s pictures as his own. The procedure has a cyclic pattern of getting rid of the obvious ones, then dead or unresponsive ones, then obvious ones, over and over. You are liable to run into any of these manifestations at any time and need to know the processes which handle.
HCOB 1 November 1978 NOTs Series 27 Confidential NED for OTs Checklist.

Hubbard's "discoveries" about somatics and entities reveal a more complete view of what underlies "engrams" at all levels of Scientology. Hubbard's materials provide insight into how Scientologists are supposed to relate to their bodies, medical issues, etc. The OT tech also underlies "knowledgeable" Scientologists' covert view of raw meat and wogs:

L. Ron Hubbard said:
8-C[1] AND CIRCUITS[2]
Don’t go being an effect of the public. Every once in a while you see some auditor half starved to death. He gets hold of a pc whose fee he needs, so starts doing anything he can to get that fee and makes himself an effect. It’s quite remarkable, but he generally winds up not getting it. That’s because he is too much the effect of the fee. He then has to be the effect of the pc to such a degree that he has to put up with anything, and he then finally abandons 8-C and really doesn’t handle the problems of the pc. All these things go together in a package.
You would be amazed how many restaurants you could walk into, find people sitting by themselves, sit down across from them and start a session. You would be just amazed how many people you could do that to without a preliminary or anything. I’ve seldom been successful in getting Scientologists (except those doing professional auditor training levels) to go out and just grab people off the street. It’s quite remarkable how often this works, if you, yourself, have a totally brave attitude toward it.
People respond to 8-C. All the social machinery people have actually breaks down in the face of direct intention. But the thing that causes difficulty in moving people along this line of methodology[3] has a great deal to do with the notion of privacy—that a reactive mind[4] has a right to “privacy.” You very definitely have to be willing to invade[5] its “privacy.” When you
[1] 8-C: the abbreviation of the name of a Scientology process called Routine 8 Control. It is also used to mean good control. Thus if one is “8-Cing” a person he is said to be exerting good control over him.
[2] circuit(s): a part of an individual’s bank that behaves as though it were someone or something separate from him and that either talks to him or goes into action of its own accord, and may even, if severe enough, take control of him while it operates. A tune that keeps going around in someone’s head is an example of a circuit.
[3] methodology: a system of methods and procedures.
[4] reactive mind: a portion of a person’s mind which works on a totally stimulus-response basis, which is not under his volitional control, and which exerts force and the power of command over his awareness, purposes, thoughts, body and actions. The reactive mind is where engrams are stored. Also called reactive bank or engramic bank or bank.
[5] invade: break into; intrude upon.
realize that the highest point of aberration on the third dynamic[6] was the first time you decided not to invade somebody’s privacy and that nearly everything you’ve suffered from since was a determination not to invade somebody’s privacy, you will see at once where this connects on 8-Cing somebody into a service zone.
If you have a hard time invading people’s “privacy,” you’ll have a hard time 8-Cing them into a Book One co-audit or any other Div 6[7] course, because you think the reactive mind has rights. No! It does not have any rights. What has rights? That machinery? Those dramatizations?[8] Those computing circuits? Those things have rights? The next thing you know we’ll have laws out saying reactive minds have a perfect right to kill everybody.
It began when you first decided that somebody was entitled to privacy— another thetan. There he was, over there, and you decided he was entitled to the privacy of his own thoughts. It was perfectly all right to grant him beingness. But to get on this kick that he was the only one who could invade that particular sphere and spatial[9] area and that you mustn’t, of course wound you up in the mechanics of mechanical communication and started you straight into the overt act-motivator mechanism.[10] It’s just as fast and as simple as that.
[6] third dynamic: the urge or effort of an individual to survive as a member of a group, or through a group, whether civil, political, racial or just a number of individuals who compose a group, such as a community, a state, a nation, a social lodge, friends, companies, or, in short, any group. Any group or part of an entire class could be considered to be part of the third dynamic.
[7] Div 6 (Division 6): Division 6 of a Scientology organization has public contact work, public advertising, Field Staff Members, public book sales, contacts with missions, basic public courses, etc., all of which are actions meant to reach the broad public. Div 6 looks outward into society. The organization’s main thrust into the world outside itself is Division 6.
[8] dramatization(s): the duplication or acting out of an engramic content, entire or in part, by an aberree in his present time environment. A person in an irrational rage would be an example of a dramatization.
[9] spatial: adj: existing in space. (Also spelled spacial.)
[10] overt act-motivator mechanism: a system used by a person to lessen the effects of his having committed an overt act and to make it all right for him to commit more. It works like this: The person commits an overt act. He then believes he has got to have a motivator (an aggressive or destructive act against himself, done by another) or he believes he has had a motivator. Motivators are then likely to be used by the person to justify his committing further overt acts. Motivators are called motivators for this reason—they motivate (push or prompt into action) a new overt act.
L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Dissemination Course (Bridge Publications, Inc. 1986).

Zertel

I studied Hubbardology for a few years in the 1970s and that was enough for me. If someone wants to figure out how clusters cause somatics go ahead.

A lot of it is just observation and description of human behavior which isn't generally thought about so it makes sense.

As far as going into a restaurant and auditing someone, any number of people are willing to tell you all about their problems if you're willing to listen. pffft

When I entered scientology in 1975 I had no background in science or philosophy so studying "The Mind" was interesting and fun. For awhile. Body - Mind - Spirit, a new concept to consider. Wow

Last edited:

Veda

View attachment 601

But I don't have the book, and don't know how it relates to the four conditions of existence. Crowley apparently created his own version of the I-Ching. https://www.biroco.com/yijing/redflame.htm
The top point would correspond with the Scientology "Static."

The yang _______ on the right would correspond with as-is-ness

The yin ___ ___ on the left would correspond with Is alter-is-ness.

Below would be a category which would be manifestation and would correspond with Is-ness.

At the bottom would be Not-Isness.

There are many other "borrowings" and reworkings by Hubbard of Crowley's work.

For example, Hubbard's 'The Factors' are a re-write of Crowley's Naples Arrangement, complete with Affinity, Reality, Communication, where Crowley had the Yogic triad of (English translation) Bliss, Knowledge, Being,

According to Crowley, Bliss, Knowledge, Being "constitute the minimum possible qualities a point must possess if it is to have a real sensible experience of itself."

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Sounds like the tape with Mary Sue auditing Ron on Theta vs Mest goals......electropsychometric auditing, Scouting the war between the universes.

Tape begins after ads on this Underground Bunker site.
I remember an uproar at Flag, I think around 1980, when this tape was inadvertently released to be sold in the FSO bookstore. There was a huge effort to get every copy back, with the shore story being that this was only for Class XII C/S's

Caroline

clerk #2
The top point would correspond with the Scientology "Static."

The yang _______ on the right would correspond with as-is-ness

The yin ___ ___ on the left would correspond with Is alter-is-ness.

Below would be a category which would be manifestation and would correspond with Is-ness.

At the bottom would be Not-Isness.

There are many other "borrowings" and reworkings by Hubbard of Crowley's work.

For example, Hubbard's 'The Factors' are a re-write of Crowley's Naples Arrangement, complete with Affinity, Reality, Communication, where Crowley had the Yogic triad of (English translation) Bliss, Knowledge, Being,

According to Crowley, Bliss, Knowledge, Being "constitute the minimum possible qualities a point must possess if it is to have a real sensible experience of itself."
Thanks Veda. I have also found many "borrowings" and reworkings from Crowley's material.

This table and graphic was helpful for me in understanding how the Factors correspond with The Naples Arrangement.

Theta (Understanding) is represented at 3: Binah.

Kether would seem to correspond with Hubbard's idea of "Static."

Bk-4 (p.564).png
The Scientology Bridge supposedly takes Homo sapiens, (basically degraded thetans, overwhelmed by the mass of BTs that make up our bodies) upwards from materiality, or Malkuth. Scientologists enter the Bridge (from Universe B) with "negative" awareness characteristics such as "Ruin," "Effect," etc. (See the Awareness characteristics, center column of the Grade Chart. Note: There are no OT levels for sale that correspond with "Power on all 8 dynamics" or "Total Freedom.")

The 1951 Dianetics Axioms, especially Nos. 1-18, describe the relationship between Theta and MEST in the physical universe.

Hubbard defined Thetans with bodies as "Lambda."[ λ ] The basic effort is to exteriorize thetans from their bodies, and get them to start operating on Theta [ θ ] laws and principles, as defined by Hubbard, and as controlled by his organization. This is covered in the basic books, particularly 8-8008.

Hubbard's Invitation to Freedom (The Golden Dawn Issue 1-0A) describes his "path to salvation."

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
I remember an uproar at Flag, I think around 1980, when this tape was inadvertently released to be sold in the FSO bookstore. There was a huge effort to get every copy back, with the shore story being that this was only for Class XII C/S's
That's interesting. Someone from the FZ leaked a transcript years ago. In this part of the "session," Hubbard talks about his relationship with entities, somatics, and "the battle of universes":
L. Ron Hubbard and Mary Sue Hubbard said:
HCL-SPEC 5204C..
April 1952 (exact date unknown)
LRH: Okay! Alright, set the machine.
This is a psychometric session of scouting the battle of universes. Battling MEST - oh - and certain other universes which we know not much of this moment. We'll know a great deal more. Sue has got me on a machine, we're scouting out an entity which we got trapped here, several of them.
Oh, we got them trapped alright. The only possible way they'd have would just be to run. The second they started to run out of the MEST Universe, they'd have to take every entity in this universe with them. That would make them very upset.
Alright! Now, what have we got so far?
LRH: Gimmie that Drop - get it dropping.
MSH: Okay.
LRH: We got this being hooked up to this machine. Okay!
LRH: You say when it drops.
MSH: It's dropping...
LRH: Okay. Alright! Now ... we're not getting a characteristic swing here, are we?
MSH: That's what I was noticing. You see where it swung ... Is some entity in operation there?
LRH: Um-hm.
MSH: Is this the way the meter reacts when an entity is in control ...
LRH: No entity in control of this meter.
MSH: Is this a theta reaction?
LRH: Yeah, they'd all like to say yes. Yeah, yeah, this is a theta reaction.
MSH: Your needle is dropping.
LRH: Mmh?
MSH: I said, the needle is dropping.
LRH: Somebody turned out to be a group.
MSH: That's what I know. I've been getting a typical reaction. At least, having been (?) no entity (?) oscillation (?).
LRH: Well then, somebody hooked this thing in. Now we hook it out. Okay, what have you got?
MSH: The needle is rising and falling.
LRH: It's oscillating, isn't it? You know that's just a little bit too cute. The second we get ready to make a tape on this stuff, we've been discovered. Nothing but an oscillation.
MSH: (?)
LRH: I am, for the first time in ages, completely without a somatic.
MSH: Big drop in tone. Can you get the answer now to the question?
LRH: This thing is slopping on. But it stopped the characteristic vibrations, didn't it?
MSH: Mmhm.
LRH: I got a notion their all standing about 20 feet from me, at least.
MSH: Undoubtedly. What did you think of?
LRH: I though of a sinking ship, but that is not answering this characteristic swing.
MSH: (?) ... an entity just answer the question here. Has the Mest universe creation failed?
LRH: Yeah
MSH: mmhm. (?)
LRH: We're starting to get tone reaction in spite of everything, here, mmhm. Okay. I guess we got this entity backed off the map now. We got him. He started to turn on a somatic. The second he started to turn on a somatic, he went out of the field. Okay! Just ask me the questions and we'll watch the meter.
MSH: Okay. What's the purpose of the entities in the MEST universe?
LRH: Destroy it.
MSH: Big tone drop.
LRH: I'll be darned. Big drop?
MSH: Big drop. Yeah.
LRH: Because the MEST universe is a creation of the theta universe. Bang!
MSH: Their basic purpose is to destroy theta?
LRH: Defeat it.
[...]​
Hubbard, L. R. (1952-04). Electropsychometric Scouting: Battle of the Universes. (HCL SPEC ).

Zertel

That's interesting. Someone from the FZ leaked a transcript years ago. In this part of the "session," Hubbard talks about his relationship with entities, somatics, and "the battle of universes":
Hubbard, L. R. (1952-04). Electropsychometric Scouting: Battle of the Universes. (HCL SPEC ).
1950's electronic oujia board processing. Wow!

On a tv show about astronomy I recently watched it said that telescopes have now detected 170 Billion galaxies in the observable universe so there are probably lots of "theetans" embodied or otherwise to go along with it but I have no firm opinion on that.

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Thanks Veda. I have also found many "borrowings" and reworkings from Crowley's material.

This table and graphic was helpful for me in understanding how the Factors correspond with The Naples Arrangement.

Theta (Understanding) is represented at 3: Binah.

Kether would seem to correspond with Hubbard's idea of "Static."

View attachment 614
The Scientology Bridge supposedly takes Homo sapiens, (basically degraded thetans, overwhelmed by the mass of BTs that make up our bodies) upwards from materiality, or Malkuth. Scientologists enter the Bridge (from Universe B) with "negative" awareness characteristics such as "Ruin," "Effect," etc. (See the Awareness characteristics, center column of the Grade Chart. Note: There are no OT levels for sale that correspond with "Power on all 8 dynamics" or "Total Freedom.")

The 1951 Dianetics Axioms, especially Nos. 1-18, describe the relationship between Theta and MEST in the physical universe.

Hubbard defined Thetans with bodies as "Lambda."[ λ ] The basic effort is to exteriorize thetans from their bodies, and get them to start operating on Theta [ θ ] laws and principles, as defined by Hubbard, and as controlled by his organization. This is covered in the basic books, particularly 8-8008.

Hubbard's Invitation to Freedom (The Golden Dawn Issue 1-0A) describes his "path to salvation."

OMG! I'd never read that Naples arrangement in that form provided above. Wowzer. Miss know-it-all never knew that. That's something for me to ponder on tonight. Gobsmacked. Thankyou Caroline.... and Veda, who mentioned the relationship to The Factors quite a few times.

The 1954 Golden Dawn journal above was edited and produced by an ex 2D. I believe they originally assembled at the offices on North Third Street, Phoenix the year prior, coming in from New Jersey and Las Vegas. I'd always suspected these old farts of dabbling in the Occult sciences. As a youngster, snatched from the cradle, I was imparted some very bizarre secrets of the universe by these geezers. I still laugh when recalling how I was told in low whispers the means by which a thetan makes 'space'. That, and how to place your intention into someone unawares so they'd donate their vehicle
to the Winter Park, Fla mission. Lol.

The board of Trustees moved to this upstairs location at 210 N. Park Ave in 1974, a location lined with exclusive boutiques and eateries. The back entrance, (top of the steps) was always surrounded by donated cars in lieu of services. The place was cannibalized by the GO who didn't receive their percentage of donations, and who left nothing but the bones. Alas, no amount of magick could stop the Comm Evs.

1572132583376.png

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

LRH: I'll be darned. Big drop?

MSH: Big drop. Yeah.

LRH: Because the MEST universe is a creation of the theta universe. Bang!

MSH: Their basic purpose is to destroy theta?
Well, if the thought universe is the direct creator of the physical, that's the yin and yang of it right there. The lower universe is the 'Reciever' of the plane of Causal intent. If it's the same material, its illusion of separateness is the same described in Crowley's scale. What is it that RECEIVES the image of the Ideal or the Vision? If not the Ain Sof or the Source; it what comes after a change of condition. I've always felt that there was a blind spot in running NOTS in that everything in the IS universe is this 'FABRIC'. It's malleable and nothing is carved in granite, that's not held to its place by the immovable relationships which define it. Dismantle these, and you got your 'chaos' back.

A commentary on Crowley and his work on transcending the duality of subject and object.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: M&M

Caroline

clerk #2
Thanks for sharing that intriguing bit about your childhood and Phoenix, Hatshepsut. :flowers:

The Golden Dawn newsletter with Hubbard's "path to salvation" came out in December, 1954. Hubbard expanded on this theme in a lecture to Scientologists on 23 Aug 1955, when he told them what they were doing as Scientologists, how they were following in the footsteps of Christ, that "resurrection" was achieved by being three feet back of their heads, and what Scientologists' attitude should be toward people in society.

I'm working along in that direction, sawing wood, working along, taking it easy, fifty or sixty times the speed of light, doing more advance in theory and practice-we are in-per unit of time than has ever been done. I swear, any month of research in Dianetics and Scientology for five years would make a complete science, all by itself. All the new data that has come up. And people could stick with it and have fun with it for just ages, see? And practically the only record of it that gets out at all are these tapes, things like that. Now, you may think I've been talking to you a little bit afield here, huh?
I'm actually talking about you-it's a very informal talk-but I'm talking about you in your relationship with the public as a Scientologist.
There's a textbook on the subject, it's called, The Scientologist: Dissemination of Materials.[*] If you haven't read that textbook, boy, you haven't lived. It tells you how to get around these rocks and shoals. But right along with that textbook, Dissemination of Materials, the other important thing is, is make sure that your legal house is in good order and then you can rarely, if ever, be disturbed. It isn't that you've defended yourself: but you've merely announced yourself and you've had courage enough to stand up and be what you're doing.
Now, what you're doing, really, is what the Christian minister has thought he should have been doing for a couple of thousand years. And what the public, weirdly enough, thinks a minister does. It's the darnedest thing you ever heard of.
You go around door to door and you say, "How are you? I'm taking a little survey here. I'm from the Trot poll and tell me now, tell me, what do you think a minister should do?"
And they will uniformly groove it down to something on this order, "Well, he should teach his doctrines. Should follow in the footsteps of Christ. Yeah, that's what he ought to do. Of course, the one thing that he really should do, and we count on him for doing, is healing the sick-and suffering."
That's the public idea of a minister, except where they've had one for a father or something. That's the public idea of a minister out there, which is just gorgeous, see?
Well, all you have to do to follow in the footsteps of Christ is be three feet back of your head and you're resurrected. And that's not blasphemy, that's fact. That's the one thing this guy did that really seized the imagination of the civilized world. You can look all the way through the Bible and stories and examine all kinds of theory and philosophy and be talked to about assuming all the guilt and blame and burden of sins and so on. You find these are all strange ideas. But he did one thing: He hauled off this planet and he operated as a living proof, which everybody's tried to make nothing out of ever since, that you can get away with it, that you can live and get away with it. You know, you can live and go away to live again. And that's what seized the imagination of the civilized world. And whatever they did with the doctrines, this fact never escaped notice.
You can just see-don't think of it as a society of thetans at all, think of it as a society of people completely immersed into the materialism, the trap, the confines of life. Just think of them like that, just people. They still would get enough echo to themselves as a thetan to say, "I can be three feet back of my head," see? And that message destroyed the Roman Empire. So you shouldn't worry about following in the footsteps of Christ. You can. Get a little auditing, some of you that aren't exteriorized with any stability.

Hubbard, L. R. (1955-08-23) The Auditor's Public. Academy Lecture Series. Washington, D. C.
Emphasis mine.

[*] The Scientologist: A Manual On The Dissemination Of Material (Mid March, 1955)

In 1992, Golden Era Productions published this lecture series under the title "Conquest of Chaos." Transcript cover shown above.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
Well, if the thought universe is the direct creator of the physical, that's the yin and yang of it right there. The lower universe is the 'Reciever' of the plane of Causal intent. If it's the same material, its illusion of separateness is the same described in Crowley's scale. What is it that RECEIVES the image of the Ideal or the Vision? If not the Ain Sof or the Source; it what comes after a change of condition. I've always felt that there was a blind spot in running NOTS in that everything in the IS universe is this 'FABRIC'. It's malleable and nothing is carved in granite, that's not held to its place by the immovable relationships which define it. Dismantle these, and you got your 'chaos' back.

A commentary on Crowley and his work on transcending the duality of subject and object.

Crowley's Tree of Life with Book of Changes correspondences.

The 'Four Conditions of Existence' (Tetragrammaton): As-Isness, Alter-Isness, Is-ness and Not-Isness, some scales, etc. can be found on the "Tree."
I looked into the distribution of yin and yang elements in the above diagram.
(Ref. The Book of Changes, (Wilhelm/Baynes) Introduction, pp. xlix-li)

The __ __ at Binah/Understanding was the original oracle from which the I Ching developed. It means "No." [-]
The ____ at Chokmah means "Yes." [+]

Trigram correspondences:

Ch'ien the Creative: Daäth. [+]
K'un the Receptive: Malkuth. [-]
Chên the Arousing: Geburah. [+]
Tui the Joyous: Chesed. [-]
Li the Clinging: Tiphareth. [-]
Sun the Gentle: Hod. [-]
Kên Keeping Still: Netzach. [+]
K'an the Abysmal: Yesod. [+]

Perfect yin/yang balance, horizontal and vertical.

Thanks for posting that informative video.

At ~20:48 is given Crowley's definition for Astral projection.

"...astral projection, which is the practice of willfully dissociating consciousness from the physical body and transferring it to an astral double, that perceives a different universe called the astral plane, which is not accessible to normal senses."

Here's Hubbard on the "astral body":

VALENCES AND “SHELL BT”

The sizes of incidents are very often wrong, and an out of valence phenomena occurs. The bulk of BTs and clusters are out of valence and often the pictures seen are very small. Now on the other hand a Pre-OT (who thinks he is running his own incident but is actually running a BT or cluster) can seem to be totally in valence at one point of a chain. Just one point. The rest of it, no. And what the Pre-OT should suspect at that time is that he has a BT that surrounds his whole body. This would be a “Shell BT”. A Clear can go into the valence of and see the pictures of this BT or cluster. All these things confuse a person trying to run this because he’ll take this one point of valence and it sort of “proves” it to him that it must be his incident.
The Shell BT is a composite body entity which is a mock-up that thinks (mistakenly) that it is holding the body together. You can collide with that. I suppose that’s really probably what they think is the astral body, a collection of BTs and clusters molded into a semblance of a body structure. As this “astral body” is highly electronic, BTs and clusters can easily get stuck in it even though they themselves are creating it.
HCOB 15 September 1978 NED for OTs Series 1 Confidential NED For OTs RD Theory Of

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I looked into the distribution of yin and yang elements in the above diagram.
(Ref. The Book of Changes, (Wilhelm/Baynes) Introduction, pp. xlix-li)

The __ __ at Binah/Understanding was the original oracle from which the I Ching developed. It means "No." [-]
The ____ at Chokmah means "Yes." [+]

Trigram correspondences:

Ch'ien the Creative: Daäth. [+]
K'un the Receptive: Malkuth. [-]
Chên the Arousing: Geburah. [+]
Tui the Joyous: Chesed. [-]
Li the Clinging: Tiphareth. [-]
Sun the Gentle: Hod. [-]
Kên Keeping Still: Netzach. [+]
K'an the Abysmal: Yesod. [+]

Perfect yin/yang balance, horizontal and vertical.

Thanks for posting that informative video.

At ~20:48 is given Crowley's definition for Astral projection.

"...astral projection, which is the practice of willfully dissociating consciousness from the physical body and transferring it to an astral double, that perceives a different universe called the astral plane, which is not accessible to normal senses."

Here's Hubbard on the "astral body":

VALENCES AND “SHELL BT”

The sizes of incidents are very often wrong, and an out of valence phenomena occurs. The bulk of BTs and clusters are out of valence and often the pictures seen are very small. Now on the other hand a Pre-OT (who thinks he is running his own incident but is actually running a BT or cluster) can seem to be totally in valence at one point of a chain. Just one point. The rest of it, no. And what the Pre-OT should suspect at that time is that he has a BT that surrounds his whole body. This would be a “Shell BT”. A Clear can go into the valence of and see the pictures of this BT or cluster. All these things confuse a person trying to run this because he’ll take this one point of valence and it sort of “proves” it to him that it must be his incident.
The Shell BT is a composite body entity which is a mock-up that thinks (mistakenly) that it is holding the body together. You can collide with that. I suppose that’s really probably what they think is the astral body, a collection of BTs and clusters molded into a semblance of a body structure. As this “astral body” is highly electronic, BTs and clusters can easily get stuck in it even though they themselves are creating it.
HCOB 15 September 1978 NED for OTs Series 1 Confidential NED For OTs RD Theory Of
This thing with the positive and negative is still being digested. I read the Filbert Excalibur Revisited and he had scales with the Ideas and Un-ideas. They were Nix items. Concept: Happiness and the Un-happiness and Nix-Unhappiness etc. These conditions sway like a pendulum. The rhythm of the impulses rousing conditions into phenomena. There is predictability here which for some reason is comforting to me. It's the idea of Order. Putting order into chaos and the achievement of harmony is the ticket!.

In Egyptian mythology, Set, the murderer of Osiris, symbolized the idea of Chaos..... threatening disharmony in the land. I'd always marveled at how many busts of the pharaohs looked exquisitely serene, as if they'd maintained balance. Some actually look like a Bodhisattva.

Shell BT?
Hmmmm. If the Shell BT encapsulates the Being or his flesh body, it can't be in the astral realm too. I think LRH is mixing two distinctly different ideas here. One is that the person can create the astral body out of residue of other beings' or his own energies.....the BTs. The second idea is that the body is built of these and some etheric shell is the glue holding the complex image or identity together.

I once pondered on this for a long time as I sat inside a 'shell'. It was highly electronic and it had a core in my solar plexus....and could actually send the volts.. It acted as an individual, really......and I was like this worm inside the mexican jumping bean.....squirming. The condition developed after a trauma.

It wouldn't seem to me that a shell BT is an astral body or projection from a Being afar..... not some remote viewpoint of dimension mocked up to hold an anchor in space, like an occultists might posit. In my experience, the phenomena WAS the Being and he was coincident with that shell. What Ron wrote above in red, which you quoted, seems dissonant. Same thing happened with those Philadelphia Doctorate Course tapes on valence, circuits, and ridges____ later this same phenomena would be called BTs. And I think this line is still blurred for some on advanced levels.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
This thing with the positive and negative is still being digested. I read the Filbert Excalibur Revisited and he had scales with the Ideas and Un-ideas. They were Nix items. Concept: Happiness and the Un-happiness and Nix-Unhappiness etc. These conditions sway like a pendulum. The rhythm of the impulses rousing conditions into phenomena. There is predictability here which for some reason is comforting to me. It's the idea of Order. Putting order into chaos and the achievement of harmony is the ticket!.

In Egyptian mythology, Set, the murderer of Osiris, symbolized the idea of Chaos..... threatening disharmony in the land. I'd always marveled at how many busts of the pharaohs looked exquisitely serene, as if they'd maintained balance. Some actually look like a Bodhisattva.

Shell BT?
Hmmmm. If the Shell BT encapsulates the Being or his flesh body, it can't be in the astral realm too. I think LRH is mixing two distinctly different ideas here. One is that the person can create the astral body out of residue of other beings' or his own energies.....the BTs. The second idea is that the body is built of these and some etheric shell is the glue holding the complex image or identity together.

I once pondered on this for a long time as I sat inside a 'shell'. It was highly electronic and it had a core in my solar plexus....and could actually send the volts.. It acted as an individual, really......and I was like this worm inside the mexican jumping bean.....squirming. The condition developed after a trauma.

It wouldn't seem to me that a shell BT is an astral body or projection from a Being afar..... not some remote viewpoint of dimension mocked up to hold an anchor in space, like an occultists might posit. In my experience, the phenomena WAS the Being and he was coincident with that shell. What Ron wrote above in red, which you quoted, seems dissonant. Same thing happened with those Philadelphia Doctorate Course tapes on valence, circuits, and ridges____ later this same phenomena would be called BTs. And I think this line is still blurred for some on advanced levels.
It seems to me that the occult literature on the invisible realms is much more developed than in Hubbard's writings. (Example: The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception by Max Heindel.) Most of what I read there didn't seem to map onto Hubbard's material. Hubbard claimed that his subject limits itself to what can be sensed, measured or experienced.

All factors necessary to the resolution of a science of the mind were found within the finite universe and were discovered, sensed, measured and experienced, and became scientific truth. The finite universe contains TIME, SPACE, ENERGY and LIFE. No other factors were found necessary in the equation. Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health
As far as grade chart processing, the subject or question has to read on the E-Meter.

I haven't ventured into Filbert's Excalibur Revisited.

In the 1960s, Hubbard was referring to "nix" items and their positive counterparts as pairs of opposing significances, implanted at the core of the reactive mind, i.e, the GPM or "Goals Problems Mass." By the time I started auditing (1970s), this material was being processed on the Clearing Course and OT 2.

The OT 2 process acts to flatten emotional charge or affect on a series of implanted GPMs that Hubbard determined was identical for all human beings. Examples from the OT 2 platens:

Electrical GPM
Create/Create No
Destroy/Destroy No
Love/Love No
Hate/Hate No
Be/Be No
[...]
Big Being GPM
You must survive/You mustn't survive
You should survive/You shouldn't survive
[...]

Regardless of ridiculous and impossible narratives, the psychological result that must be achieved with the OT 2 process is that the pre-OT "separates out." Pre-OTs who are properly set up with their lower grades can accept Hubbard's OT 3 indoctrination about body thetans as separate entities. "None on OT 3"means that the case was not prepared properly. (ref. HCOB 26 Aug 1969R Secret OT III Case Supervision)

Zertel

I watched parts of the video and it reminded me of a video I watched a few years ago. A group of eight of ten followers of Ken Wilber's Integral Life group went on a jaunt into the jungle somewhere and got totally blasted on some type of psychedelic jungle juice while being guided by the resident guru. On a later video a couple of them were interviewed. They were very wide eyed and very certain about their newfound transcendental reality. I don't know how long it lasted.

I once encountered that wide eye look of certainty while chatting with a pleasant young Jehovah Witness woman at my front gate. Hopefully I didn't have it myself when I was a scientologist! lol

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I watched parts of the video and it reminded me of a video I watched a few years ago. A group of eight of ten followers of Ken Wilber's Integral Life group went on a jaunt into the jungle somewhere and got totally blasted on some type of psychedelic jungle juice while being guided by the resident guru. On a later video a couple of them were interviewed. They were very wide eyed and very certain about their newfound transcendental reality. I don't know how long it lasted.
That's really intetesting. I remember hearing the name Ken Wilbur. Will look it up. I think there was someone who collected terminally ill people amd lead them into some transcendant tourism. You're relationship to the universe is deeper than you ever expected, is the message I guess.

Hatshepsut

It seems to me that the occult literature on the invisible realms is much more developed than in Hubbard's writings. (Example: The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception by Max Heindel.) Most of what I read there didn't seem to map onto Hubbard's material. Hubbard claimed that his subject limits itself to what can be sensed, measured or experienced.

All factors necessary to the resolution of a science of the mind were found within the finite universe and were discovered, sensed, measured and experienced, and became scientific truth. The finite universe contains TIME, SPACE, ENERGY and LIFE. No other factors were found necessary in the equation. Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health
As far as grade chart processing, the subject or question has to read on the E-Meter.

I haven't ventured into Filbert's Excalibur Revisited.

In the 1960s, Hubbard was referring to "nix" items and their positive counterparts as pairs of opposing significances, implanted at the core of the reactive mind, i.e, the GPM or "Goals Problems Mass." By the time I started auditing (1970s), this material was being processed on the Clearing Course and OT 2.

The OT 2 process acts to flatten emotional charge or affect on a series of implanted GPMs that Hubbard determined was identical for all human beings. Examples from the OT 2 platens:

Electrical GPM
Create/Create No
Destroy/Destroy No
Love/Love No
Hate/Hate No
Be/Be No
[...]
Big Being GPM
You must survive/You mustn't survive
You should survive/You shouldn't survive
[...]

Regardless of ridiculous and impossible narratives, the psychological result that must be achieved with the OT 2 process is that the pre-OT "separates out." Pre-OTs who are properly set up with their lower grades can accept Hubbard's OT 3 indoctrination about body thetans as separate entities. "None on OT 3"means that the case was not prepared properly. (ref. HCOB 26 Aug 1969R Secret OT III Case Supervision)
I never ever came up with implanted GPMs of the nature Hubbard speaks of. I was a confused person doing OT II. I did separate out more, amazingly.. The instructions we're not to skip around when mentally or verbally calling off both sides of platens. I could never arrive at the next set of commands because each set completed now had separated into awake subsets, which were reading again in a slightly shifted space. The reads on the ideas could not get exhausted unless I shifted too following the split offs. Yet the instructions warned you to keep your attention fixed to one area and specifically NOT to do that.

It didn't make any sense anywAy and even the occasional floating TA left me not feeling 'floating'. I just supposed these were universe building implants from when there was NOTHING.....whether from end cycles or destruction. Matter had to be gotten into an immobile or solid state from spirit.

And Caroline! You got all the way through Heindel's Cosmo-Conception! I had to mentally anchor, at least temporarily to each premise he built his next upon. It was exhausting. Lol.

Last edited: