The Golden Dawn: AN INVITATION TO FREEDOM (1954)

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
That flyer has so many lies per square inch it's ridiculous. Just a smattering I noticed:

"We are extending to you the precious gift of freedom and immortality -- factually honestly."

"You will have to pay for your freedom, but only as much as you wish."

"We will not mislead you."

Scientology "It is neither rich nor ambitious. It only seeks to serve."

Hubbard knew how to bait the trap right from the git-go.

Zertel

I'm surprised that folks in the mid early 50s would go for group processing and objective processes like this. Amazing. Suburbia was bored.

View attachment 622
Bored or curious. In 1970 I lived in NYC for year where someone handed me a pamphlet about scientology. It had quite a bit of information about auditing, the reactive mind and so on which I found interesting. Six years later I was sitting in a park in Salt Lake City and had a short conversation with a young woman who was scientologist and she told me there was a scientology mission in Salt Lake. Wog life was rather boring so a few days later I walked into the mission and "signed up".

The woman was totally soft sell. She brought up scientology and I mentioned my experience in NYC. I told her I would definitely stop in at the mission. She didn't need to do the "dissemination drill". I already knew my "ruin". Bored! Lol Scientology kept me un - bored and interested for the next six years.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Hubbard rhetoric on full boil. I'm so glad my soul was saved in a few hours. Seems the only ones left in the co$ are the deeply materialistic - lol

Hatshepsut

From Volume II of the Technical Bulletins (1991 ed.):

No one would know where and when the original of that was created by opening Tech vol 2 ? I've forgotten which year Scn registered legally as a religious entity. The corporation would have had to project itself outward as a religion, saving souls, and having it's personalized cross.

Zertel

I still have my Scientology "Minister Of The Church" certificate which "miraculously" survived in the bottom of a trunk. Miracles happen. :unsure:

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Last edited: