Hello - Can I Take Scientology Extension Courses With Materials Purchased Used On Ebay?

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
FACT: Scientology costs at least $600,000. However many end up spending over $1M and decades of their life to get rid of all the "reactive" parts of their mind so they are Clear.
In inflation-adjusted dollars, the lost income from the years of my life spent on staff exceed what I spent on services. That's typically the bigger cost.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I would add to the various warnings you have been receiving: Hubbard mixed some good advice with lies and very, very bad advice. It is almost impossible to separate the good from the bad when you are a newby. You must take everything you read with a grain of salt, be very skeptical, first, assume Hubbard's data is false.
A cup of choice wine, mixed with a drop of sewage, equals a cup of sewage.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Learning about Scientology through books is a good idea. I recommend that you read lots of Scientology books and then you will know the subject inside and out.

Here are the best of the lot in my opinion:

MESSIAH OR MADMAN
RELIGION INC.
A PIECE OF BLUE SKY
BARE-FACED MESSIAH

Unfortunately the Church of Scientology doesn't have extension courses of these books as far as I know but you can always ask.

Type4_PTS

Learning about Scientology through books is a good idea. I recommend that you read lots of Scientology books and then you will know the subject inside and out.

Here are the best of the lot in my opinion:

MESSIAH OR MADMAN
RELIGION INC.
A PIECE OF BLUE SKY
BARE-FACED MESSIAH

Unfortunately the Church of Scientology doesn't have extension courses of these books as far as I know but you can always ask.
Another good book...

going clear.jpg

And a documentary based upon the book:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I would add to the various warnings you have been receiving: Hubbard mixed some good advice with lies and very, very bad advice. It is almost impossible to separate the good from the bad when you are a newby. You must take everything you read with a grain of salt, be very skeptical, first, assume Hubbard's data is false.

About the odds of being able to do Scientology without Scientology "doing" you. . .

- - - If you stuffed a 2 bank cash-transport bags, each with one-hundred dollar bills and then clearly marked each bag "$500,000";

- - - and, if you then stuffed all your pockets with hundred dollar bills so that the currency was literally sticking out in all directions;
- - - and, if you then filled your hands and arms to the max with hundred bills;
- - - and, if you then tried to take a one-hour walk thru the most dangerous gang-infested, crime-ridden ghetto in the nation--

The odds would be exponentially better that you'd have far more money still in your possession at the end of your one-hour stroll thru the ghetto than if you took a one-hour stroll thru an Ideal Scientology Org.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hello,

First let me say that I have watched hours and hours of interviews and testimony by previous members of the Church of Scientology and I understand what I am getting into. I want to learn the philosophy because it is helping me. I do not wish to join the Sea Org or anything like that. I just want to learn the philosophy throughly just like I have Jewish mysticism, Catholicism, various other occult teachings, ect. (that did not help me at all whatsoever.

The Problems of Work, A New Slant On Life, Dietetics The Original Thesis, the tone scale, the 8 dynamics, the ARC triangle is helping me. I will heed the advice of previous members but I have to learn more because it is helping me.

I am reading through the books and have been to my local org a few times.

I want to take every extension course they have because I am reading all the books and the thing is I want to purchase all the basic lectures, the congresses, and the ACC on Ebay, because I just cant buy them for $125-$300 each at the Org when I can get them for $30 on ebay.

Would the church let me take the extension courses with the Ebay purchased lectures?

I want to do it all in 1 year.

Is this possible?
chances are the local org would allow you to buy books and lectures on ebay, with the covid pandemic going on. After all they want a stat of a new person.

But I have to warn you, that your reading of those books is just rhetoric by Hubbard, very sublime thinking that you can go clear and OT and be a great person beyond the normal human being.

You also have to remember that to go clear or OT, why you have to do auditing with another person, you can't audit alone. So you will need to buy a emeter, which you can get on Ebay. So, you can't just read or listen to Hubbard, you also have to audit.

Take it from somebody that has done a lot and has been involved, you are better off dropping the subject and moving on.

freeman37373

@freeman37373

I have a question for you now freeman.

What is it that you feel is missing from your life that you hope scientology can or will assist you with?

:)

OK Here ya go.

It might get a little uncomfortable in the personal section.

There are many things that the Books, Lectures, and Free online courses are helping me with.

Professional:

1. Organization - I have Rons lectures on organization and have taken the tools for life course. It has helped me immensely.

2. The Tone Scale - Why is it that I can be a fairly "smart" person. Yet I am unable to get my production to the level that I know I am capable of. The tone scale answered this for me. It is because I am unable to produce 'free theta' (I dont know if thats the correct terminology) when I am in a bored or apathetical mood. The higher I am up the tone scale, the more productive I am. The more creative I can think. Ect. Therefore I keep my work area clean and aesthetic, never read bad news or tolerate negativity, put art up around my work space and I am more productive. It works.

3. The 7 Devision Org Board - I am trying to build a consulting business. Understanding the idea of "hats" and keeping my production hat on and not jumping from my sales hat to my production hat to my accounting hat has made me 100x more productive. Previously I would, in a way, confuse my mind by jumping around to much and not saying on tasks of the same category.

I remember a couple of months ago before I got more serious about Scientology going to the book store every day for 3-4 days trying to find answers. I spent hours in there each day. I bought a few books. The Harvard Business Review books were OK. But it wasn't what I was looking for. Not one book in that store had the answers I was looking for.

I thought to myself.."where did I see that mental image I have..hmm oh yeah its the 7 devision org board." I then thought to myself, "why am I messing about in this book store when I know where the answers are to the questions I have?" I went home and bought all the books used off Amazon and started doing the free tools for life courses.

4. The Problems of Work - the idea of start change stop. This idea and book have helped me immensely. When I am not producing. What is the problem? Is the problem that I have a hard time starting?? Am I not getting enough sleep? Does having cup of coffee ready help? No. The problem today is not getting started. Today I am staying on the same task to long and over analyze to death so the problem is changing what task I am doing. Or is that a problem with not being able to stop? As you can see I dont have it all down cold but you get the idea of how this has effected my thinking and its helping me.

Personal:

1. My parents were narcissistic and abusive in that respect. I was force homeschooled my whole life and at 16 I was told I could never have friends again and my mother basically screamed at me and programmed me with self destructive programming 2-3 nights per week until 2-5am. They threw me out at 20 and I was homeless before living with a friend. It was a doozy. I got a job selling cars after not being able to go any further in college due to the circumstances and survived.

From 16-30 I have not made a single friend (the friend above was made at 13). I am not capable. I am not capable (saying it again for emphasis) of making friends, or anything more then basic social interactions (going to luch with somebody for example is intermediate), because the abuse is triggered when I socialize with people. I go into fight or flight mode at random and 15 years later its not going away. Its getting worse because the more failures the more engrams.

Example: Coworkers say "come out after work" I say no and they get very offended like "wtf is wrong with this guy." what a jerk" "hes weird blah blah blah." I say yes, and I go out with coworkers and what happens is the abuse from childhood gets triggered. All of the sudden I am in fight or flight mode out of nowhere.

I go out of my frontal cortex and into my phiso animal and I cant get out. I freeze and sweat. Understand, nothing is going on and everything is fine when this happens. All frontal cortex functions, like talking for example, shut down and I can’t get it back on. I don't just get up and leave. Iv only been there 10 minutes. I do my best slipping in and out of these modes of flashbacks, and very bad social attempts, plus the fear of how people are perceiving this. People notice and I am from then on forever ostracized. I now have to be around people that ostracize me every day.

I have read books on therapy. Yes its nice to know what was wrong and what was abuse back in those days. But its not helping me stop the self destructive programming that is going on deep in core of the onion that is my psyche or anything else. It just confirms that what happened was wrong.

Scientology has given me a blueprint I can work with regardless of auditing. I know what is happening from a more workable perspective now. I am reacting to abuse from the past. ect. Ect. Before I didn’t know what was going on. For years I didn’t know what was happening. These terrible events would take place and I had no clue the two were related.

Its hard for me to articulate over a forum post but know that this is a problem I cant solve alone or with traditional sit on a couch a whine about it therapy because it is a two sided coin which I go into further bellow.

Heres another personal example of how Scientology has helped me: I used to run dramatizations in my bedroom of the abuse until I would be physically sick and exhausted. (psycosomaic illness) Completely drained of all life and energy.

This would just start happening without my knowing it was happening. It was like I didn’t even know it wasn’t normal. It was just another few days mid week for me.

For days I would be reacting to abuse that happened 15 years ago and it would make me extremely paranoid like a child that doesnt know when hes gonna get struck again. I know that all of the brain chemicals like cortisol and neuro adrenaline were flooding my brain when this is going on and I couldnt stop. Alone, isolated in my room, coming out only for food amped up on adrenalin, cortisol, and paranoid. This causes permanent brain damage by the way. The constant flood of chemicals shrink the frontal cortex and enlarges the amygdala. This was happening only a month ago and as far as I knew it was totally normal.

I heard Ron talk about dramatizations and now it has stopped. Just understanding what was happening from the way Ron thought about it stopped it cold. STOPPED IT DEAD IN ITS TRACKS. I’m just trying to be honest here.

But its more than "aww poor baby sit on a couch and wine about it in therapy." This is a problem that "therapy" cant solve because its a two sided coin.

On one side is the abuse and what scientology calls engrams the other side is that I have next to zero experience with the outside world because I was locked in that house.

I have my parents underlying philosophy on things. I see things through the lens they gave me because thats 80% of what I grew up with. The core of the onion of my slant on life is theirs

From 16-21 during my most important formative years I was alone in a house with crazy people who hated me. Hated me. I have their philosophy on life, on myself, and everything else because it is mostly all that I have ever been exposed to.

There was a very short time I was exposed to the skateboarding culture and that was a massive benefit for me but it cant over ride the abuse programming. I have tried skateboarding again at 29 to try to trigger that type of thinking but it didn’t work.

This is where things like the 8 dynamics, tone scale, and stuff helps more than. “read books like “How To Win Friends And Influence People" again for the 5th time" to get better social skills or “read Jordan Petersons 12 Rules For Life and just relax and cheer up.”

People who think like this don’t understand how this doesn’t help if your foundation is total bonkers.

Reading “people want to feel important” (thats from How To Win Friends And Influence People) doesn’t help in my case.

“Everything a person does is to help his survival” works more then “make everybody feel important” because it helps to understand the core of humanity not a gimmick to get a sale.

LRH gets at the core of the onion, the root of the subject so that you have a firm foundation to base everything else off of. The other people just get 1 layer into the onion and write a tips book.

Other philosophers are very macro “what is life” “what is the meaning of life” Rons philosophy is micro and is workable. Not mental masturbation. No disrespect to them and I do like their work but its not the same.

This is important - Even if Scientology isnt correct about everything or if Ron stole every word I dont care because its the only thing that can get micro enough and to the root enough to be applicable to every aspect of life and help me over ride the philosophy that the abusers programmed me with.

For example: People want the best for themselves, then their family, then their race or group, then mankind, then the animals, then the universe.

That works. That is a linchpin I can base everything else off of. I don’t care if its not what some other person agrees with. I don’t care that LRH wans’t a Jesus figure. It is something that WORKS.

Before I learned this idea everything social happened completely at random I had no control over anything, everything was chaos. I was unable to see the patterns of behavior myself.

People can say to themselves “this is common knowledge” like the ARC triangle for example. Good for you got lucky. You just got lucky in your earlier years.

I have to have a working philosophy for every single little thing that can come in life and I am going to have to drill it into my head to override the philosophy that my parents forced upon me.

I need a philosophy that will work. "work is good because if you don't work you will slowly go mad, work is the stable datum of society, work gives you a place in society. When we think about people who cant work we think about people in prison ect." THAT WORKS.

Understand that I am not stupid here. I understand hard selling. I get that they want all my money, which I don't really have. I have a strong ability to think for myself which is why I am confident that I wont become a cult member or something. (I get the irony of that statement)

I feel bad for people that spent their life savings. It shouldn't be that expensive. It sounds like the Catholic Church selling indulgences. But I have to have more. I have to have everything....

I am hoping to get more of the above out of Scientology.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
OK Here ya go.

It might get a little uncomfortable in the personal section.

There are many things that the Books, Lectures, and Free online courses are helping me with.

Professional:

1. Organization - I have Rons lectures on organization and have taken the tools for life course. It has helped me immensely.

2. The Tone Scale - Why is it that I can be a fairly "smart" person. Yet I am unable to get my production to the level that I know I am capable of. The tone scale answered this for me. It is because I am unable to produce 'free theta' (I dont know if thats the correct terminology) when I am in a bored or apathetical mood. The higher I am up the tone scale, the more productive I am. The more creative I can think. Ect. Therefore I keep my work area clean and aesthetic, never read bad news or tolerate negativity, put art up around my work space and I am more productive. It works.

3. The 7 Devision Org Board - I am trying to build a consulting business. Understanding the idea of "hats" and keeping my production hat on and not jumping from my sales hat to my production hat to my accounting hat has made me 100x more productive. Previously I would, in a way, confuse my mind by jumping around to much and not saying on tasks of the same category.

I remember a couple of months ago before I got more serious about Scientology going to the book store every day for 3-4 days trying to find answers. I spent hours in there each day. I bought a few books. The Harvard Business Review books were OK. But it wasn't what I was looking for. Not one book in that store had the answers I was looking for.

I thought to myself.."where did I see that mental image I have..hmm oh yeah its the 7 devision org board." I then thought to myself, "why am I messing about in this book store when I know where the answers are to the questions I have?" I went home and bought all the books used off Amazon and started doing the free tools for life courses.

4. The Problems of Work - the idea of start change stop. This idea and book have helped me immensely. When I am not producing. What is the problem? Is the problem that I have a hard time starting?? Am I not getting enough sleep? Does having cup of coffee ready help? No. The problem today is not getting started. Today I am staying on the same task to long and over analyze to death so the problem is changing what task I am doing. Or is that a problem with not being able to stop? As you can see I dont have it all down cold but you get the idea of how this has effected my thinking and its helping me.

Personal:

1. My parents were narcissistic and abusive in that respect. I was force homeschooled my whole life and at 16 I was told I could never have friends again and my mother basically screamed at me and programmed me with self destructive programming 2-3 nights per week until 2-5am. They threw me out at 20 and I was homeless before living with a friend. It was a doozy. I got a job selling cars after not being able to go any further in college due to the circumstances and survived.

From 16-30 I have not made a single friend (the friend above was made at 13). I am not capable. I am not capable (saying it again for emphasis) of making friends, or anything more then basic social interactions (going to luch with somebody for example is intermediate), because the abuse is triggered when I socialize with people. I go into fight or flight mode at random and 15 years later its not going away. Its getting worse because the more failures the more engrams.

Example: Coworkers say "come out after work" I say no and they get very offended like "wtf is wrong with this guy." what a jerk" "hes weird blah blah blah." I say yes, and I go out with coworkers and what happens is the abuse from childhood gets triggered. All of the sudden I am in fight or flight mode out of nowhere.

I go out of my frontal cortex and into my phiso animal and I cant get out. I freeze and sweat. Understand, nothing is going on and everything is fine when this happens. All frontal cortex functions, like talking for example, shut down and I can’t get it back on. I don't just get up and leave. Iv only been there 10 minutes. I do my best slipping in and out of these modes of flashbacks, and very bad social attempts, plus the fear of how people are perceiving this. People notice and I am from then on forever ostracized. I now have to be around people that ostracize me every day.

I have read books on therapy. Yes its nice to know what was wrong and what was abuse back in those days. But its not helping me stop the self destructive programming that is going on deep in core of the onion that is my psyche or anything else. It just confirms that what happened was wrong.

Scientology has given me a blueprint I can work with regardless of auditing. I know what is happening from a more workable perspective now. I am reacting to abuse from the past. ect. Ect. Before I didn’t know what was going on. For years I didn’t know what was happening. These terrible events would take place and I had no clue the two were related.

Its hard for me to articulate over a forum post but know that this is a problem I cant solve alone or with traditional sit on a couch a whine about it therapy because it is a two sided coin which I go into further bellow.

Heres another personal example of how Scientology has helped me: I used to run dramatizations in my bedroom of the abuse until I would be physically sick and exhausted. (psycosomaic illness) Completely drained of all life and energy.

This would just start happening without my knowing it was happening. It was like I didn’t even know it wasn’t normal. It was just another few days mid week for me.

For days I would be reacting to abuse that happened 15 years ago and it would make me extremely paranoid like a child that doesnt know when hes gonna get struck again. I know that all of the brain chemicals like cortisol and neuro adrenaline were flooding my brain when this is going on and I couldnt stop. Alone, isolated in my room, coming out only for food amped up on adrenalin, cortisol, and paranoid. This causes permanent brain damage by the way. The constant flood of chemicals shrink the frontal cortex and enlarges the amygdala. This was happening only a month ago and as far as I knew it was totally normal.

I heard Ron talk about dramatizations and now it has stopped. Just understanding what was happening from the way Ron thought about it stopped it cold. STOPPED IT DEAD IN ITS TRACKS. I’m just trying to be honest here.

But its more than "aww poor baby sit on a couch and wine about it in therapy." This is a problem that "therapy" cant solve because its a two sided coin.

On one side is the abuse and what scientology calls engrams the other side is that I have next to zero experience with the outside world because I was locked in that house.

I have my parents underlying philosophy on things. I see things through the lens they gave me because thats 80% of what I grew up with. The core of the onion of my slant on life is theirs

From 16-21 during my most important formative years I was alone in a house with crazy people who hated me. Hated me. I have their philosophy on life, on myself, and everything else because it is mostly all that I have ever been exposed to.

There was a very short time I was exposed to the skateboarding culture and that was a massive benefit for me but it cant over ride the abuse programming. I have tried skateboarding again at 29 to try to trigger that type of thinking but it didn’t work.

This is where things like the 8 dynamics, tone scale, and stuff helps more than. “read books like “How To Win Friends And Influence People" again for the 5th time" to get better social skills or “read Jordan Petersons 12 Rules For Life and just relax and cheer up.”

People who think like this don’t understand how this doesn’t help if your foundation is total bonkers.

Reading “people want to feel important” (thats from How To Win Friends And Influence People) doesn’t help in my case.

“Everything a person does is to help his survival” works more then “make everybody feel important” because it helps to understand the core of humanity not a gimmick to get a sale.

LRH gets at the core of the onion, the root of the subject so that you have a firm foundation to base everything else off of. The other people just get 1 layer into the onion and write a tips book.

Other philosophers are very macro “what is life” “what is the meaning of life” Rons philosophy is micro and is workable. Not mental masturbation. No disrespect to them and I do like their work but its not the same.

This is important - Even if Scientology isnt correct about everything or if Ron stole every word I dont care because its the only thing that can get micro enough and to the root enough to be applicable to every aspect of life and help me over ride the philosophy that the abusers programmed me with.

For example: People want the best for themselves, then their family, then their race or group, then mankind, then the animals, then the universe.

That works. That is a linchpin I can base everything else off of. I don’t care if its not what some other person agrees with. I don’t care that LRH wans’t a Jesus figure. It is something that WORKS.

Before I learned this idea everything social happened completely at random I had no control over anything, everything was chaos. I was unable to see the patterns of behavior myself.

People can say to themselves “this is common knowledge” like the ARC triangle for example. Good for you got lucky. You just got lucky in your earlier years.

I have to have a working philosophy for every single little thing that can come in life and I am going to have to drill it into my head to override the philosophy that my parents forced upon me.

I need a philosophy that will work. "work is good because if you don't work you will slowly go mad, work is the stable datum of society, work gives you a place in society. When we think about people who cant work we think about people in prison ect." THAT WORKS.

Understand that I am not stupid here. I understand hard selling. I get that they want all my money, which I don't really have. I have a strong ability to think for myself which is why I am confident that I wont become a cult member or something. (I get the irony of that statement)

I feel bad for people that spent their life savings. It shouldn't be that expensive. It sounds like the Catholic Church selling indulgences. But I have to have more. I have to have everything....

I am hoping to get more of the above out of Scientology.
Having been involved for over 30 years, let me say that what you have gotten is about all you're likely to get that is of value from a practical perspective. One of the problems with Scn is that the basic stuff makes sense and can be useful, but this leads a person into thinking everything Hubbard says is gospel. The more you advance in your study the more you will be molded with false ideas.

If you want to pursue the subject then you should definitely do it with the independent groups. You still will need to be careful if you decide to buy auditing of who you choose as an auditor. Training is not so much of an issue other that the caveat mentioned above that everything Hubbard wrote/spoke was "the truth". A dedicated scientologist will believe this and insist you develop that belief too. Scn procedures at designed to enforce that belief on you. If you disagree with Hubbard you are the one at fault -- you have a misunderstood word or words. It's not that Hubbard was talking out of his ass, it's you that just don't 'get it'.

Stay away from the C of S at all costs. They will suck everything they can from you -- your money and if you don't have enough of that then they want your time -- all of it -- they will recruit you to join staff so you too can save the world. Steer clear. You're getting advice from many people that spent decades of their lives in the cult. I'm one of them. Hard won experience -- take advantage of this advice -- it will save you a lot of future grief.

It seems you don't think therapy can help you. I'd rethink that and see if you can find someone that is experienced with helping people that have gone through similar upbringing.

I wish you the very best in life.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Ah OK.

Well ... it seems to me that you are very well aware of the issues and problems that you currently have (which is a good thing) but you may be seeking a "once size fits all" solution ... which is exactly what scientology offers everyone, but sadly it doesn't exist.

What they do very well is to distract people from whatever is bothering them at the time. They have many ways of doing that and often it works for a while but it is inevitable that they will replace the original issues with new ones that can be much worse ... and the original issues will all be waiting for you if they are real and still current.

Also, if they discover that you have any mental illness or have ever had treatment for it they will wring you dry of your money and time first and then fling you out like a wet sock, forever banned from entering the premises. Many of us here have seen the way they treat people with the smallest psychological issues that they (the cult) could not solve, of which there are many.

I sincerely hope you find a way through the situation you are in and wish I could tell you what you want to hear but ultimately you may be better off just working on one thing at a time yourself while keeping things as simple as possible, use what you already have from scientology if it helps because the basics are about as good as it gets.

Be kind to yourself.

:)

freethinker

Controversial

freethinker

Controversial
2. The Tone Scale - Why is it that I can be a fairly "smart" person. Yet I am unable to get my production to the level that I know I am capable of.
Partly because of you and partly because of others. When others are playing by different rules than you are, but you think they are playing by the same rules as you, that's on you.

Because they have led you to believe they are playing by the same rules as you but are not, that's on them. Learn who you are dealing with.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Let's add something else to the mix.

Cancer is a very common illness in the Scientology community. Particularly with staff and Sea Org personnel.

Many die from it untreated or poorly treated and often too late. Hubbard claims it is a psychosomatic illness that auditing will help you fix. The results speak for themselves.

Mental health conditions are usually ignored and if you become too much work they just kick you out, but only after they've extacted your last penny from you. They will tell you your problem(s) will be sorted out next lifetime.

Others will chime in if they agree or not.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Let's add something else to the mix.

Cancer is a very common illness in the Scientology community. Particularly with staff and Sea Org personnel.

Many die from it untreated or poorly treated and often too late. Hubbard claims it is a psychosomatic illness that auditing will help you fix. The results speak for themselves.

Mental health conditions are usually ignored and if you become too much work they just kick you out, but only after they've extacted your last penny from you. They will tell you your problem(s) will be sorted out next lifetime.

Others will chime in if they agree or not.
I love it!

I will just keep saying it. There are bad things out there that are so bad that it is obvious to most people. Scientology is one of those bad things. That explains why Scientology is not a mainstream "religion". It is as odious and offensive smelling as a fresh turd. Unfortunately I was one of those people who held my nose and convinced myself that turds were not only good for you, but that they were also fun.

Some people are a little more generous and they will say that it is just a fraud and a lie and not real. I remember reading comics and loving Scrooge McDuck and his vault of gold coins. I used to wonder what other treasures he had in his vault. It all looked so attractive. I also used to look at all my Scientology books and wonder what it would be like to read all of them. It also looked so attractive you know, that promise of a better understanding of EVERYTHING. Yeah, it all looks great but Scrooge McDuck looks great too and so does Richie Rich, but that doesn't make it real.

There was a painting in my house of a river and in the painting the river wound around a mountain and disappeared on the canvas. I always used to wonder what was around that bend in the river. The river was not real. It was just a painting. Scientology is not real. Scientology is just a fraud that insists it is real and also insists on grabbing your money and life. Being curious about the benefits of Scientology will kill you in the end. So don't wonder about what is around the bend in your life with Scientology because you will be trapped in that particular painting.

That's the thing with Scientology. There's this thing called Scientology. You don't know what it is but you are curious. You see books, you see staff, you hear about auditing, L. Ron Hubbard, and more. You are curious because you think that there is "something there". It makes some more curious and so they take that first step to find out more. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't all a pack of lies and just a greedy play for all your money and time and life and children. Why anyone would want to believe in lies is beyond me. That just sounds like a waste of time at best and time is precious.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
I love it!

I will just keep saying it. There are bad things out there that are so bad that it is obvious to most people. Scientology is one of those bad things. That explains why Scientology is not a mainstream "religion". It is as odious and offensive smelling as a fresh turd. Unfortunately I was one of those people who held my nose and convinced myself that turds were not only good for you, but that they were also fun.

Some people are a little more generous and they will say that it is just a fraud and a lie and not real. I remember reading comics and loving Scrooge McDuck and his vault of gold coins. I used to wonder what other treasures he had in his vault. It all looked so attractive. I also used to look at all my Scientology books and wonder what it would be like to read all of them. It also looked so attractive you know, that promise of a better understanding of EVERYTHING. Yeah, it all looks great but Scrooge McDuck looks great too and so does Richie Rich, but that doesn't make it real.

There was a painting in my house of a river and in the painting the river wound around a mountain and disappeared on the canvas. I always used to wonder what was around that bend in the river. The river was not real. It was just a painting. Scientology is not real. Scientology is just a fraud that insists it is real and also insists on grabbing your money and life. Being curious about the benefits of Scientology will kill you in the end. So don't wonder about what is around the bend in your life with Scientology because you will be trapped in that particular painting.

That's the thing with Scientology. There's this thing called Scientology. You don't know what it is but you are curious. You see books, you see staff, you hear about auditing, L. Ron Hubbard, and more. It makes some more curious and so they take that first step to find out more. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't all a pack of lies and just a greedy play for all your money and time and life and children. Why anyone would want to believe in lies is beyond me. That just sounds like a waste of time at best and time is precious.
Yep, I remember all those Disney comics too....