Hello - Can I Take Scientology Extension Courses With Materials Purchased Used On Ebay?

freeman37373

Hello,

First let me say that I have watched hours and hours of interviews and testimony by previous members of the Church of Scientology and I understand what I am getting into. I want to learn the philosophy because it is helping me. I do not wish to join the Sea Org or anything like that. I just want to learn the philosophy throughly just like I have Jewish mysticism, Catholicism, various other occult teachings, ect. (that did not help me at all whatsoever.

The Problems of Work, A New Slant On Life, Dietetics The Original Thesis, the tone scale, the 8 dynamics, the ARC triangle is helping me. I will heed the advice of previous members but I have to learn more because it is helping me.

I am reading through the books and have been to my local org a few times.

I want to take every extension course they have because I am reading all the books and the thing is I want to purchase all the basic lectures, the congresses, and the ACC on Ebay, because I just cant buy them for $125-$300 each at the Org when I can get them for $30 on ebay.

Would the church let me take the extension courses with the Ebay purchased lectures?

I want to do it all in 1 year.

Is this possible?

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
I very much doubt it.

They won't usually allow anything to be done at all that doesn't result in them receiving the maximum amount of money.

However, they are desperate for new people these days so they may make an exception for people like you in the hope that they can get their hands on your money in other ways ... the only way to find out is to ask them.

Good luck and welcome to ESMB.

:)

Dark

there is no philosophy. scn is simply a thief of centuries old practices.

go learn and practice Buddhist meditation, Yoga, creative visualization, assertiveness training, and prayer. pray to whomever or whatever you want ... it is a practice to channel whatever spiritual power you have and connect to the spiritual world.

if you spend another minute thinking about scn then you are an idiot, and deserve the pain that is coming your way.

freethinker

Controversial
I do not wish to join the Sea Org or anything like that. I just want to learn the philosophy throughly just like I have Jewish mysticism, Catholicism, various other occult teachings, ect. (that did not help me at all whatsoever.
Then just read the books but don't go to the org. If you go to the org you may experience the same thing you did with the other books you read, nothing at best.

freeman37373

I mean it cost 128K to go clear according to Google.

Is it so plauged with greed that I cant get started with some used text books and lectures?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.

Is it so plauged with greed that I cant get started with some used text books and lectures?
Yes.

If you really want to do the extension courses, go ahead and do them (from home) and ask any questions here but, be warned, you will get a variety of responses, for obvious reasons.

Many of us are "clear" and higher ... it is a complete 100% con.

Fact.

:)

freethinker

Controversial
Thats why Im trying to do the extension courses at home lol
Just read the books. The people that correct those things use a booklet with the answers which are taken right out of the book. The purpose of the extension course is to get you to come in. The answers from the correction books are often wrong and they want you to come in so they can tell you you need a study course. The Next thing you know you are out hundreds of dollars and constant phone calls. Don't do the courses.

Type4_PTS

Hey freeman, while some people feel they received some benefits from auditing, the state of Clear as described by Hubbard with the abilities he claims for it doesn't actually exist. Hubbard lied about many things, that being one of them. There are lots of fraudulent claims within the books so you should be careful.

Scientology was IMO constructed as a trap. And yes, there's cheese in that trap. But when you're very new to the subject it's difficult to distinguish between the cheese and the bits that have been poisoned. Knowing what I know now I would never have gotten involved with the subject. Whatever kind of help you're looking for and hoping to find within Scientology there are better options elsewhere. Scientology tries to market itself as the only subject that can help you with so many things, but nothing could be further from the truth.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist

You are getting sucked in to a pseudo-science cult.
(I did that in my early 20s when I was young and naive.)

For example, read what Hubbard claimed in DMSMH (engrams, chains, etc.) and then read about neuro-science topics concerning brain endorphins (or other neuro transmitters)

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Hello,

First let me say that I have watched hours and hours of interviews and testimony by previous members of the Church of Scientology and I understand what I am getting into. I want to learn the philosophy because it is helping me. I do not wish to join the Sea Org or anything like that. I just want to learn the philosophy throughly just like I have Jewish mysticism, Catholicism, various other occult teachings, ect. (that did not help me at all whatsoever.

The Problems of Work, A New Slant On Life, Dietetics The Original Thesis, the tone scale, the 8 dynamics, the ARC triangle is helping me. I will heed the advice of previous members but I have to learn more because it is helping me.

I want to take every extension course they have because I am reading all the books and the thing is I want to purchase all the basic lectures, the congresses, and the ACC on Ebay, because I just cant buy them for $125-$300 each at the Org when I can get them for $30 on ebay.

Would the church let me take the extension courses with the Ebay purchased lectures?

Is this possible?
You most likely would be required to do the courses with the latest editions (even if they are no different). EBay purchased stuff would probably be classed as "Squirelled", or contaminated material or purchased from those no longer in good standing with the church, which will not go down well between them and you.

The cult is all about making money. People are just their tools for this and their lives do not matter to them. Plenty of stories here about that. They will do anything they possibly can to extract money from you and will have no regard whatsoever about how it will affect you. There are a lot of bankrupt scilons out there too and the church still hounds them for money. They have zero conscience regarding you.

Some people get their biggest benefits from the basic courses. Results diminish as one ascends the ladder or "Bridge". But that is also when the big ticket prices kick in as well.

Each lower level course is designed to steer you into the next level, making you want for more and the promise is that the next level will handle those questions and issues that remain for you. But it never happens. You will have to keep doing the next and further levels with more promises given.

But you never ever get there. Eventually, many see through the con and bail out destitute or broken physically, mentally and spiritually. Some actually never even get to survive the experience..

Those minor courses are also plagiarised from more reputable (some not so) sources, where you do not need to sell your soul to them and the courses are not bastardised to draw you into the cult.

Better programs elsewhere. LRH's creation is so full of bullshit, it is quite difficult to sort truth from fiction.

Why bother?

Irayam

Hello Freeman,
The one and only goal of $cientology organizations is to make money, more money, and more money.

It is true that at the beginning of the Scientology journey, people feel that they are making progress and feeling better. This is precisely where the trap, as @Type4_PTS says, is.

What works in $cientology comes from sources other than Hubbard. They are pieces of other religions, philosophies or sciences. Anything that came out of his sick head that is unique to $cientology does not work.

You can read the books and listen to the lectures if you want, but never set foot in an $cientology organization again because their only goal is to take everything away from you. All your money, all your time, all your strength, all your family and all your friends. They are vampires of the worst kind.

exbritscino

A complete member........
Hi Freeman.
I'll keep this simple.
DO. NOT. HAVE. ANYTHING. TO. DO. WITH. SCIENTOLOGY. ORGS.
You say you have done research on ex's and their views. Just remember there are a hell of a lot of exes that don't even appear on ex scino sites.
There are more ex scientologists than there are current scientologists.......
Ask yourself. WHY?

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Is this possible?
You can take Scientology extension courses, get in contact with the Org, and even visit it.

You could also visit the section of your town where the drug dealers hang out.

In terms of your future well-being, the latter is safer.

Just understand that the sales people in Scientology Orgs are trained in how to manipulate naive and vulnerable people, and have a lot of experience. Go ahead.

HelluvaHoax!

There are many members of this message board who have reached the status of Clear and even OT and some of us are very highly trained as auditors yet we are all EX Scientologists. Think about why that might be.

My Guess:

Because all of us here who reached the states of Clear and OT felt that attaining all those supernatural abilities and miraculous powers made life too easy--and we all got really bored with always winning the game of life, getting perfect physical health, total freedom, immortality, total cause over life, mega riches and too much happiness.​
That's my explanation for why 98% of advanced upper-level Scientologists utterly abandon Hubbard's religion. The boredom from being 100% successful, perpetually winning and elated all the time was awful.​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

HOW TO AVOID WASTING A FORTUNE OF MONEY
AND DECADES OF TIME BY DOING SOMETHING
OTHER THAN TAKING SCIENTOLOGY COURSES

FACT: Once a person begins doing any Scientology services, training or auditing, the fanatically trained Scientology staff members will relentlessly hound and stalk you for donations until the end of time.They'll incessantly flood your mailbox with promotional offers, phone you at all hours and eventually start showing up at your work and home---and they will not leave until you give them huge sums of money, even if you have to borrow it from charge cards or banks.

FACT: Scientology costs at least $600,000. However many end up spending over $1M and decades of their life to get rid of all the "reactive" parts of their mind so they are Clear. But even when they are Clear they are informed that there is something else terribly wrong with their mind and now you have to do the "OT" levels to avoid terrible things happening to you. Even when you finish al the OT levels there is even greater danger if you don't help them clear the planet before it blows up. And time is running out! Hurry!

SOLUTION
All of the above nightmarish traps within Scientology
can be entirely avoided for only 0.000001666 percent
of $600,000. Because for only one dollar ($1.00) you
can buy a yellow highlighter pen and while you
are reading Hubbard's books just highlight
any sentences where Hubbard makes a claim
that you think might improve your life, if
what he says actually is true and if
it actually works. Then later at some
point try out what he says in those
highlighted sections and see what
you think. If it works use it. If it
doesn't work, fuggedaboudit.

HELPFUL ADVICE TO READERS OF SCIENTOLOGY BOOKS: If any of Hubbard's claims in his books has something to do with your health or sanity or finances, be sure to ask a non-Scientology professional before trying to apply the "tech". For example if you read in one of Dr. Hubbard's books that people suffering from lung cancer should start tripling or quadrupling the number of packs of cigarettes they smoke a day---in order to "cure" their cancer, ask an oncologist about it before purchasing and smoking a truckload of cigarette cartons. And, yes---Hubbard actually does advise Scientologists to cure their life-threatening cancer in this way. And, yes---Scientologists actually believe what Dr Hubbard advises, even though he is not actually a doctor. And besides, Ron is also a nuclear scientist too! You should not worry about or pay any attention to people who try to show you proof that Hubbard was not really a scientist either and actually flunked out of college. But, don't worry, for sure he is a messianic guru who came from another planet to save earth and he knows everything in the universe and everything that has happened for the past 828 quadrillion years, so you can definitely trust him!

Last edited:

Veda

Hello,

Is this possible?
Maybe this re-post, plus a brief note to you at the end, will be helpful. I hope so.

The Web auditor says: "I'm using LRH tech as it was written before the '60s, while he was still very enthusiastic, before he started getting bitter, unhappy, and things like that."

Can't tell if this person is being diplomatic to another auditor who is of a more conventional mind set, and refraining from saying something on the order of, "Hubbard probably had a self serving hidden agenda all along but was surrounded, during the 1950s, by some bright and innovative people, from whom he borrowed much. These were people interested in contributing to a layman oriented movement. Gradually, the brightest and most innovative people left, and the movement became a cult."

Probably, this person is not being diplomatic and is simply stating what he believes - still, it's a step in the right direction, IMO.

This "layman oriented movement," during its early years, had, as one of it inspirations, the writings of Alfred Korzybski, who wanted his subject, which he called General Semantics, to be studied and applied by any intelligent person, including the intelligent layman.

Unfotuately, this video is now no longer working. Oh well. But it did summarize nicely
Korzybski's main message.

The idea was that the "ordinary" person should be able to think and evaluate clearly, and behave rationally, without being dependent on any bureaucracy or priesthood.

Hi Freeman,

It would be wiser to simply read the books and listen to the lectures without becoming involved with the organization.

If you want interaction with others, then there are people who practice and and teach Scientology who are are not part of the organization.

Bill

I would add to the various warnings you have been receiving: Hubbard mixed some good advice with lies and very, very bad advice. It is almost impossible to separate the good from the bad when you are a newby. You must take everything you read with a grain of salt, be very skeptical, first, assume Hubbard's data is false.