Hello - Can I Take Scientology Extension Courses With Materials Purchased Used On Ebay?

freethinker

Controversial
Why is it there are so many people that come to an Ex Scientology website asking where they can get Scientology?

This happens frequently when all they have to do is go to the Scientology website.

It indicates to me that these people have done their research on Scientology and actually believe Scientology is no good but seek it out anyway.

Scientology was designed to give you a tickle when you read the books. But later, when you get into the meat it begins to not work and your registrar will tell you it isn't working by telling you you have to get something else that won't work because you will be back to the reg again at the first sign of it not working who is willing to "help" you with the problem the current service is creating.

You can never get enough Scientology, you will always need more.

It's like drugs.

Type4_PTS

Given what he's told us earlier in this thread about his personal issues, the humor might be unhelpful.

Freeman evidently is suffering from serious PTSD issues, and looking for anything which may be helpful.

Having someone to talk to and open up to, may be helpful, as long as he can be sure that the person selected will not take advantage of his vulnerability.
Generally, I would advise people with PTSD or any serious issues to avoid Scientology. Have people recovered from PTSD by using Scientology?

I've heard stories, lots of them, where people with severe PTSD went through years, sometimes decades, of traditional therapy, and it wasn't of much help. But then they used some emerging therapies and got dramatically positive results in a matter of hours or days. A local university (University of South Florida) near me did some of the initial research on one of them. It's called ART (accelerated resolution therapy). Here's a couple of the websites on it:

Also, I've heard stories (that have been verified) where veterans handled their PTSD in a weekend working with Gary Craig, developer of a technique called EFT (emotional freedom technique). They still had severe PTSD after being in therapy for years, and mostly eliminated it is a weekend. Here are a couple of websites on it:

TRAUMA AND PTSD: An Overview of Treatment with EFT and SET - EFT Downunder

A lot of us who were involved with the CoS experienced trauma during that time. There is a 9-part documentary series coming up which will be broadcast online, I believe beginning in another week or so. Here is the site with details:

Excerpt:

whole.tv Presents… Over 55 Esteemed Doctors, Psychologists, Healers, and Trauma Experts Reveal the Truth About the Hidden Wounds We All Carry and How to Heal From Them

Childhood neglect… abusive relationships… war… societal violence… transgenerational epigenetics…developmental neglect… Big T and little t…

True healing happens when we learn to release the past and find hope again.

New techniques and therapies have totally changed the game.The most radical kindness you can show yourself is deep attention, acceptance, and unconditional love. You not only deserve it – it’s a vital ingredient in restoring yourself to a being radiating grace and vitality.

Trauma leaves its survivors feeling frozen… frightened… stuck…

In order to thaw, we need the warmth and light of research that's rooted in compassion.

Nick Polizzi and Dr. Pedram Shojai are about to release their latest and most urgent nine-part docuseries, all about recognizing our own trauma – emotional, physical, and societal. The series covers unbelievable stories of transformation from mental health professionals, spiritual sages, military veterans, martial arts grandmasters, chronic disease survivors, victims of abuse, and terrible losses, and more who have PROVEN beyond a scientific doubt that you can heal from any trauma.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I've been seeing increasing numbers of reports about using MDMA (used recreationally under the street name "ecstasy"), in combination with talk therapy, to treat PTSD.

The_Fixer

Why is it there are so many people that come to an Ex Scientology website asking where they can get Scientology?

This happens frequently when all they have to do is go to the Scientology website.

It indicates to me that these people have done their research on Scientology and actually believe Scientology is no good but seek it out anyway.

Scientology was designed to give you a tickle when you read the books. But later, when you get into the meat it begins to not work and your registrar will tell you it isn't working by telling you you have to get something else that won't work because you will be back to the reg again at the first sign of it not working who is willing to "help" you with the problem the current service is creating.

You can never get enough Scientology, you will always need more.

It's like drugs.
I think though now the books in basis are so old now and uses some pretty outdated language by today's standards. Even the military acronyms that the cult is very fond of using are getting pretty dated. Many people would be viewing all this as getting weirder by the year. In this context, it would be getting more and more difficult to attract new people in.

I'm not aware these days (I was in during the late 70s) if much has been updated since then to modernise the package as a whole other than the fancy Ideal Orgs and things like that.

Generally people are a little better educated than they were back then and some of the things Hubbard talks about are being seen as quite nonsensical. People still do fall for it, but I do think many more point and laugh at it now than ever before.

Then of course there is the whopper of a lie that Hubbard used about his illustrious Navy career (hahaha!) which he used Scientology tech to heal himself.

Now the cult says the Navy has hidden his his real record, but that looks more like using a bigger lie to cover another big lie. If you look deeper into Hubbard's past, there seems to be very little that is good in it.

I'd be looking elsewhere for help, to be honest.

Type4_PTS

Then of course there is the whopper of a lie that Hubbard used about his illustrious Navy career (hahaha!) which he used Scientology tech to heal himself.

Now the cult says the Navy has hidden his his real record, but that looks more like using a bigger lie to cover another big lie. If you look deeper into Hubbard's past, there seems to be very little that is good in it.
Tony Ortega published a great post 2 or 3 months ago on this matter:

onceuponatime

I haven't read everything in this thread and sorry if I'm wrong, but this seems like someone just trying to promote scientology. The way he worded his posts and the fact that his life was a total mess but then he got scientology tools and they all worked perfectly just reads like a pr piece to me. It's one of the things that annoys me most about scientology. Not only do they say they have all the spiritual answers they also have all the business answers and everything else.

Maybe I'm wrong and he is a new guy looking for some answers. If so, I'll just say that some things in scientology from a surface glance might make sense but when you take a deeper look none of it really works. Take management tech and the 7 div org board. Sure, compared to no organization at all it's probably not terrible but it has a lot of flaws and is not efficient at all. If you want to read the books then fine do so, there's zero benefit to doing an ext course.

Veda

Except in 1958 Hubbard admitted on a film that Dianetics DOES NOT PRODUCE A CLEAR.

There's a background to that, which was the battle then raging between Scientology and the CADA.

Link to A Short History of the California Association of Dianetic Auditors by A. E. van Vogt.
Generally, I would advise people with PTSD or any serious issues to avoid Scientology. Have people recovered from PTSD by using Scientology?

Link to Traumatic Incident Reduction Association – An International Association of Practitioners Using TIR – Traumatic Incident Reduction – and Related Techniques

This is, essentially, recycled Dianetic R3R, minus the P.T. Barnum and bombast, and minus the cult.

Hatshepsut

There's a background to that, which was the battle then raging between Scientology and the CADA.

Link to A Short History of the California Association of Dianetic Auditors by A. E. van Vogt.

Link to Traumatic Incident Reduction Association – An International Association of Practitioners Using TIR – Traumatic Incident Reduction – and Related Techniques

This is, essentially, recycled Dianetic R3R, minus the P.T. Barnum and bombast, and minus the cult.
From a link included in the TIR site above. TIRVideo.org

What I found interesting is their 'person centered' approach to viewing the trauma. It's done from outside of the mental construct, looking at the elements of it. This seems better than viewing while encapsulated in the mind. Hubbard and McMaster audited a person as inside.... 'being' the valence or game. This might get you out the other end, or validate it driving it in, feeding energy to something that wasn't alive. (galactic savior games). Listing out the contributing elements like Gerbode does in this video, gives the person SPACE between himself and his mind. Less risk of type III.

Last edited:

Veda

From a link included in the TIR site above. TIRVideo.org

What I found interesting is their 'person centered' approach to viewing the trauma. It's done from outside of the mental construct, looking at the elements of it. This seems better than viewing while encapsulated in the mind. Hubbard and McMaster audited a person as inside.... 'being' the valence or game. This might get you out the other end, or validate it driving it in, feeding energy to something that wasn't alive. (galactic savior games). Listing out the contributing elements like Gerbode does in this video, gives the person SPACE between himself and his mind. Less risk of type III.

I read the original Meta psychology book years ago. It used Dianetic R3R, command by command.

This is based on the idea of abreaction, Freud, Korzybski et al.

Glanced at 15:37 to 16:04 of the above video.

Didn't watch the whole video yet.

Did Gerbode actually say "Galactic savior games"? That sounds like something that David Mayo, who was majorly involved in the fine tuning of Metapsychology, might have said.

Link to David Mayo on Clear, some years after he had left/escaped from Scientology

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

Paul Adams, a.k.a. Dulloldfart on ESMB, discussed the modifications to Dianetic R3R that improved it.

Unfortunately it's difficult to thoroughly search the old ESMB at this time.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Paul Adams, a.k.a. Dulloldfart on ESMB, discussed the modifications to Dianetic R3R that improved it.

That's why I use Google instead of the internal search feature.

Searching

Dulloldfart r3r site:exscn.net

turned up a number of Paul's threads on the subject, like the following

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I read the original Meta psychology book years ago. It used Dianetic R3R, command by command.

This is based on the idea of abreaction, Freud, Korzybski et al.

Glanced at 15:37 to 16:04 of the above video.

Didn't watch the whole video yet.

Did Gerbode actually say "Galactic savior games"? That sounds like something that David Mayo, who was majorly involved in the fine tuning of Metapsychology, might have said.

Link to David Mayo on Clear, some years after he had left/escaped from Scientology

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

I could not easily read the TIR books. Beyond Trauma by Volkman was hard for me. Too many professional psychology terms. I thought their literature was designed to get them accepted by insurance companies out there in Palo Alto and Miami. Abreaction therapy is easy enough to understand, I guess.

I thought it interesting that David and Julie would get involved with those trained in the field of psychiatry. From a NOTS viewpoint every mental aspect can have its own spiritual substance and foundation, trapped in time and space, only by some misconception. This is far from the meat brain idea and Freud. Maybe like with Rupert Sheldrake's morphic fields, phenomenon and ideas, once presenting here, are capable of evolving their own soul. Odd to say, but I've observed this, rather than fully understood it. I'm reminded of the Gnostic Book of Thomas with that mysterious reference to the spirit and the body.

I was sent the Unstacking materials by Bill Nichols who was affiliate with the Center for Research in Parapsychology back around 1990. He had people experiencing profound releases of a Buddhist or Zen nature. The two poles of the game becoming One. So, the Bay area had mystics and psychiatrists in the same place for a while.

29:1 Jesus said: “If the flesh came into being because of the spirit, it is a wonder. 29:2 But if the spirit (came into being) because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. 29:3 Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has taken up residence in this poverty.”

Who can say in Truth, what is 'Spirit' and what is not. The Causer and Receiver are married. I think that this happens sometimes while running R3R. A person believes he is 'erasing' impressions and postulates in his 'bank', but what is the bank composed of. What is its materia prima?

Last edited:

Veda

That's why I use Google instead of the internal search feature.

Searching

Dulloldfart r3r site:exscn.net

turned up a number of Paul's threads on the subject, like the following

Thnaks for the tips on searching the extensive old ESMB archives.

Hopefully Freeman, if he's still around, will take a look at some of the above links.

There was an earlier time, on old ESMB, when discussions of this kind were routine.

I also a hope he checks out Meta Psychology. They offer free introductory sessions over the telephone or internet, as I understand it.

And now a little beautiful mysticism just to round things out:

HelluvaHoax!

Generally, I would advise people with PTSD or any serious issues to avoid Scientology.

Have people recovered from PTSD by using Scientology?
Scientology can handle any PTSD case condition, as long it is caused by one of the following:

1. An engram.​
2. A wholetrack implant.​
3. A PTS condition where you need to locate and disconnect from an SP.​
4. A DB condition where you need to locate and disconnect from a BT.​

If your PTSD condition comes from any other source, Scientology would simply use TR 3 and keep asking you repetitively for an Engram, SP or BT. If you can't find one of those, they give you a new tech estimate to try and help raise your awareness level so you can peer more deeply into your last 704 quadrillion years.

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Our main problem in life is happiness, but I’ll tell you more in a moment. The world may or may not be designed to be a happy one. It may not be possible for you to be happy in this world, and yet nearly all of us have a goal to be happy and cheerful about existence.
-- L, Ron Hubbard.

The above was from NEW SLANT ON LIFE. It is one of the few things that Hubbard wrote that I agree with. Why the hell should anyone assume that happiness is possible for all of us. Some people live horrible lives through no fault of their own.

In another way, you could say that this is L. Ron Hubbard's way of admitting that Scientology is a crock of shit. Don't say he didn't warn you.

On another note, the essay that this quote is from is called, IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE HAPPY?

If you read the whole essay you will notice that is is intended to make you feel inspired and all warm inside and wanting more. Hubbs sure was a smooth talking silver tongued devil when he wanted to be.

Veda

Scientology can handle any PTSD case condition, as long it is caused by one of the following:

1. An engram.​
2. A wholetrack implant.​
3. A PTS condition where you need to locate and disconnect from an SP.​
4. An invisible BT.​

If your PTSD condition comes from any other source, Scientology would simply use TR 3 and keep asking you repetitively for an Engram, SP or BT. If you can't find one of those, they give you a new tech estimate to try and help raise your awareness level so you can peer more deeply into your last 704 quadrillion years.
True (and funny), except that, as shown by the examples provided in the below "Quit fast" thread, the people - all of whom had some degree of traumatic stress, being, after all, human - never dealt with engrams, whole track implants, SPs, or BTs, and this, so to speak, while being in the belly of the beast.

It's possible to skate over Scientology without getting into the deep water, or use a little bit of Scientology without using a lot of Scientology.

There are variations and degrees.

Granted, Scientology does its best to corral the person, but one of the purposes of this thread is to make that unlikely to happen.

-snip-

The idea is to use Scientology in a beneficial manner and, then, having wins, separate from the total package of Scientology - the total package includes the belief that one must always do the next level.

Link to Those who "quit fast" thread.

Those described on the above thread decided to separate from the total package of Scientology at different points. For example, poet, song writer and singer Leonard Cohen decided to move on to other things after having completed Grade 4 of the Lower Grades as a "preclear." He experienced Scientology, had his wins, and then moved on.

An effective way of putting at ease an insistent Scientologist who demands to know why a person is not moving on to the (ever present) next level is to say, "I'm having my wins."

A Scientologist will pause and listen to this because Hubbard stated that a person should be allowed to have his wins.

The words "quit fast" come from the 1965 Policy Letter titled Keeping Scientology Working where Hubbard wrote:

"When someone enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe - never permit an 'open minded' approach. If they're going to quit, let them quit fast."

This was a turning point in Scientology in the direction of authoritarianism.

-snip-

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Oh a Hendrix song! Cool!

Reminds me of my earliest days in Scientology---particularly when Ron was working on the streets as a BODY ROUTER and he approached and tried to recruit me into the cult. . .

RON
If you can just get your mind cash together
Then come on across and start a flow to me
We'll You'll hold hands cans n' then we'll watch the sun your tech estimate rise
From the bottom of the
sea Bridge
But first---
Are you
experienced exterior?
Have you ever been
experienced exterior?
Well, I have

Karakorum

Pretty much this.

This thread really has me thinking about learning everything on my own that I want to learn. Mainly the books and there respective lectures, the congresses, the ACC.

I'm sure I will want to get audited then though.

Is it a bad idea to let The Church do that?
Yeah it is.

The problem is that the church is a high-control group that forces abortions on women, pays private eyes to go through people's trash, hires "unknown suspects" to poison people's dogs, and hires mercenary lawyers to sue ex-members and critics into submission.
It also thought-polices and invigilates its members - I know, because was the one doing that for years btw.

All these questionable activities require resources and money. Where does this money come from? In part from people who purchase courses and auditing.

So by buying anything from the church, you are financing the bad guys. It is a bit like buying a tourist trip to North Korea.

My advice is if you are interested, find someone in the free zone to audit you. Most freezone auditors are ex-church members, often with years of auditing experience. So you will get the same thing from them that you would from the church, only with less BS and the money will not go to nefarious purposes.

HelluvaHoax!

My advice is if you are interested, find someone in the free zone to audit you. Most freezone auditors are ex-church members, often with years of auditing experience. So you will get the same thing from them that you would from the church, only with less BS and the money will not go to nefarious purposes.

You have no clue at all if any of your three promises above are true. However, you won a nice shiny lapel pin from evidencing so much total certainty. LOL

example: The most famous "freezone" (indie) auditor was Marty Rathbun. He turned out to be a degenerate liar, cult shill and fair gaming thug doing online attacks against the Church of Scientology's sworn enemies--which includes auditors/preclears trying to "squirrel" and do their "Bridge" outside of corporate Scientology.​
example: Captain Bill Robertson was another superstar "freezone" auditor and case supervisor! One small problem, he was (just like Rathbun, Miscavige & Hubbard) an utterly delusional fanatic, liar and thug.​

PRO TIP: The "Freezone" and "Indie Scientology" are not the solution to Scientology. They are simply a marketing gimmick to sell Scientology under a different guise. Anyone who charges money for the Xenu rundown is actively profiting by seducing others into forfeiting their sanity.