For Current Scientologists That Are Curious

Dotey OT

For sale, baby shoes, never worn
This story should be called "But it bothered me for the sake of the bird."

I thought of something today, out of the blue.

I was at flag back around 2010, and was walking through the newly renovated area down past the pool. Like you would go to the back gate. They had built-in and renovated what were little reg offices for some of the front group activities. There was also a gym there. In the front of the gym by the entrance door, there was a huge red macaw parrot, very alert and very talkative. I was told by someone there that the bird was named "Harrison." I was told by someone else there that was as gung-ho as I was at that time that the bird actually had another name before he got the name. (I unfortunately cannot remember the previous name. Maybe someone else here knows this story.) When dm-the-barbarian saw the bird and was told the birds name, he said "That bird needs to be named 'Harrison,' and from that moment on, that bird was called Harrison, and that bird wasn't called by the name it had lived with its entire life ever again. Keep in mind, we thought at that time sheep-ohhhh-bleet could do no wrong. But it bothered me for the sake of the bird.

HelluvaHoax!

......When dm-the-barbarian saw the bird and was told the birds name, he said "That bird needs to be named 'Harrison,' and from that moment on, that bird was called Harrison, and that bird wasn't called by the name it had lived with its entire life ever again. Keep in mind, we thought at that time sheep-ohhhh-bleet could do no wrong. But it bothered me for the sake of the bird.
This is a perfect example of what ethical, on source, high-toned, upstat, religious Scientologists believe in. It has been said that Scientology is not a religion, but really it is. They have faith in the Supreme Beings and worship the Gods, because they are polytheists. Whomever is the cult guru du jour (Hubbard, Miscavige, et al) is sacredly revered as an omniscient deity.

Apparently the way to achieve that exalted state of "Total Knowingness" is to go to a Halloween store and buy or rent a nautical costume, some medals and a clipboard with blank goldenrod paper. Then whatever you say to others will be greeted with awe and success stories.

Since this is Christmas-time, I think that story should have a happier and more wholesome ending, so I took a moment to write it.

INT. FT HARRISON HOTEL - DAY

A large contingency of staff and auditor excited follow COB around Flag, laughing and applauding at his every witty observation and running commentary. COB suddenly stops when he notices a huge red macaw parrot. The crowd of sycophants and hangers-on are suddenly deadly silent as COB stares deeply into the birds eyes with all his advanced powers. And then, suddenly--

COB
That bird needs to be named "Harrison"!

BIRD
Fuck off you counter-intentioned cocksucker!​

Hey, I'm sorry for the expletives, but I am just accurately reporting what the bird said. And the bird (being fully on-source) is simply quoting the infallible religious leader of Scientology.

Dotey OT

This is an after leaving Scientology realization that I had while driving home from work, and I just about drove into a ditch.

View attachment 2567

The goal of having 10,000 on Solo Nots was something that was broadcast loudly, and you couldn't miss it, by design. Certainly at Flag, where you would see T-shirts with the slogan "I am one of the 10,000", at events often you would hear it, and always from the reges. Someone else reading this can correct this if I haven't got it right, the stated purpose (read below about "tipping the scales) was to have more theta, less enturbulated theta, so that the theta/entheta ratio would be such that Scientology could make greater inroads with the general public, and help to bring about a cleared planet.

View attachment 2568

You see, (And this is me talking from my past viewpoint) Scientology has the tech to untangle the web that has entangled this planet, we are the only ones that can, we know it, you know it, but the world does not. The world is majorly Effed-Up, it's full of war, criminality, etc. It's full of wogs. We can ACTUALLY save this world. Think about that. WE can save the world. This is no small thing.

Think of the responsibility of that. We were told, and we believed we could save the planet. Only us.

So the game that we were playing was to now pay up for the services, and get ourselves up the bridge to the point that the planet would be "sane" enough to allow Scientology to expand. Somewhat of an altruistic goal, we all get up the bridge, at any cost, and it will save the planet, right?

Well, years later, I am out for good, and I'm driving down the road going home. I thought of this again for the first time in years.

If Scientology, this "religion" had the power to turn this planet around. Why didn't the people in control of the organization just get this done at any cost, while keeping the organization solvent, which it could, and bring about this state that would allow for the acceptance of it? Surely then, with the planet in the predicted state of acceptance, clearing the planet would be a snap!!

What reason, if you had such a solution, would you play that game that is being played, even now? The agonized future???

It doesn't make sense, does it?
I heard from one of my "still in" friends today. He was bragging about the "On or through OTVII" number now being in the 8000's. At this point, the powers that be are using every bit of screwy data that they can exagerrate or falsify to excite the crowd. As you can imagine, it has to be extremely difficult to find a real stat that shows growth.

Obviously, that 8000+ number includes those that have ventured into what awaits us all in the afterlife. It also includes people that finished the level and said "no more, I'm good" and left for good, and are now maybe even posting here.

Just recently, I heard that one of the datums that see-oh-beat gave was that solo nuts auditing hours were highest ever, by a lot. Since some of us know that the midge can't be trusted, one wonders what that delivery must really be like.

onceuponatime

I think the claim about solo nots hours being highest ever is reasonable. A lot more people staying home, more time to audit. Also it's the only delivery that could keep happening so I'm sure it was being pushed hard.

Of course highest ever solo hours means nothing. Just another stat to wave in the public's face while scientology continues to shrink.

Interesting that the numbers at 8000. Wonder what people think will happen when the magic 10000 number gets hit and I wonder how management would handle it. Probably just change the goal posts, oh the real target was 10000 on solo nots concurrently.

Dotey OT

As time goes by, my desire to get my still-in friends out of the trap that is scientology dwindles and fades. I know that I was lucky to get out, and that it took some heavy crap to wake me up from my long nap. I am very proud of myself, it took some doing and unlearning to really LOOK! And I looked, oh boy, was I surprised!! But not really surprised, in some ways.

I have gotten a couple people out, but some others that are really, really in have proven to be extremely happy that they are doing the right thing, and that I should STFU. The illogic that issues forth from these mouths is certainly startling, it goes something like this:

I don't need to know anything that I don't already know.

There you have it. Somehow the tek gets a person to think that this is a good idea.

Some examples from history where that idea was proven to be, well, not such a good idea:

Challenger.jpg

NASA engineers said STFU to an engineer that thought the O-rings could get too brittle on a cold January morning.

BernardMadoffmug.jpg

Bernie Madoff (Mug Above) had made it a bad idea to pull your money from the fund, or else you couldn't get back in.

Titanic.jpg

"Not even God himself could sink this ship."
-- Employee of the White Star Line, at the
launch of the Titanic, May 31, 1911

There are other exemplary idiots in history.

I for one am no longer on this list in regard to scientology.

Dotey OT

Talking to an old friend, a thirty year staff vet that is still on staff now. Every other sentence that he spoke had as it's validation was that ron said about it. Having been around long enough to recognize the words, you know them when you hear them. You guys that were around know what I mean.

Such stalwarts as "Afraid to offend, scared to enforce."

"Get themselves honest and straight."

Then there are these:

Dotey OT

Hello you newly adventuring scientologist. I was once like you, in for thirty years and for the first time I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH SCIENTOLOGY.

It is like finding out your husband or wife is having an affair. I have had that happen as well.

There is only one way, really, to get into a state of living, and that's live There is no substitute for an all-out, over-the-ramparts, howling charge against life. That's living. Living does not consist of sitting in a temple in the shadows and getting rheumatism from the cold stones. Living is hot, it's fast, it's often brutal It has a terrific gamut of emotional reactions. If you are really willing to live, you first have to be willing to do anything that consists of living. Weird. But it's one of those awfully true things that you wonder why one has to say it. And yet it has to be said.
L. Ron Hubbard

Sounds pretty cool, huh. It's a perfume.

Dotey OT

From some posting I did on Mike Rinder's the other day:

Dotey OT says

March 7, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Cherch of Janitology.

Getting the correct disinfectant applied consists of:

1. Having the correct disinfectant.
2. Knowing the disinfectant.
3. Knowing it is correct.
4. Bleaching correctly…

and on and on.

After a few years and a few bucks you could attest to the state of “Clean” and even get a clean bracelet.

Then you can do the secret cleaning steps to achieve the state of Squeaky Clean. Only by invitation can one experience these universe cleaning rundowns.

Donate enough of your moolah to go all the way and earn the certificate for the state of Mop-erating Trashman. It’s a never-been-experienced in anyone’s memory state of cleaning up.

Then, as a newly forged “MT”, you can go amongst the mere mortals of this planet and clean, clean, clean!

Is that all they can come up with nowadays??

• SP says
March 8, 2021 at 7:09 am
Dotey OT – very good post. I love it.
Keep Janitology Working.
I want a Clean bracelet.
  • Dotey OT says
March 8, 2021 at 6:20 pm
Get in line SP. We currently don’t have enough Mark VIII Souper Quantumn aerosol dispensers. Which is a cleaning flap of flaps. But I tell you, between us cleaners, we are opening a scientology to-go cleaner center in a Kroger near you. We will doctor those pictures as well, so be prepared
Aquamarine says

March 8, 2021 at 6:51 pm

Hilarious!

• Dotey OT says
March 8, 2021 at 8:24 pm
You will think it’s universe changing Aquamarine when we have the grand opening of one of our new Clean-Anon centers in your VERY OWN CITY!!!
Fundraising has begun, and all the old familiar faces are ponying up to make sure that we CLEAN THE PLANET!!! You should consider donating yourself, or your moolah, and we will all go shoulder to shoulder, applying the tek and a little elbow grease to CLEAN THE PLANET!!!
Did I tell you that we were CLEANING THE PLANET???!!??? Well by the way, that is all that we think about in the Cherch of Janitology!!!
We are heading to the home stretch in this years competition that we lovingly call the “WashDay Game!!”
We asked our feerless leader what he wanted for his birthday. We said “chocolate cake?” and he said “nope.” We said “What then???” He said “With this teknology, I’ll Cleanup!” Upon uttering those words, he dropped his body and went to Wal-Mart. Oh, he also went to Target, too. We were left to interpret.
So cleaning Indian Churches is the shit that we came up with.
  • Aquamarine says
March 8, 2021 at 9:16 pm
I love it Still laughing!!! Love it, love it!
Thank you for this laugh. I REALLY needed it, you have no idea.
But wait!
OK with you if add one thing? Just one teensy thing, is all.
My favorite cult aphorism:
“THE TIME IS NOW”
  • Dotey OT says
March 9, 2021 at 6:32 am
Aqua, you are right, THE TIME IS NOW!!!! Be one of the 10,000!!!!! Get twice the gains in half the time!!! The only thing stopping you is your bank!!! card!!! limit!!!!
Right now, there is one dedicated group on this planet doing something about it!!! Even as we speak, dedicated Janitologists are carrying out Operation WhiteGlove, and we do mean carrying out, as they are currently in Washington, D.C. voluntarily cleaning the offices of the IRS, FBI and others!! Those places need some cleaning!!!
What has made Planetary Cleaning a possibility is our feerless leader’s tek that he discovered, after his thorough and exhausting hours of research of 50,000 years of Cleaning Men. He came to rise above the bank and become the Top Mop-erating Trashman. How?? Well, we’ll never know. The. Complete. Truth.
Indeed, “THE TIME IS NOW!!!”

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
I suspect that most (not all) Scientologists became ex-Scientologists because of bad things that eventually happened to them.
The Scientologist can hear/read about an ex-Scientologist and just find a way to blame the ex-Scientologist.
But when the crap finally happens to the Scientologist then they finally start to wake up.
Initially, it wasn't usually because of any criticism of "the tech" (e.g. auditing or "the bridge").

That's my 2 cents opinion on this item.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

The basic rule of dianetics and scientology, all you have to do is read a couple of pages of instruction and you can immediately go and "audit" someone and improve their minds (Supposedly).

IMO, there are no "experts of the mind" involved in scientology. Ask around for yourself though. There are some around that disagree with this.

IMO, there is no "science of the mind" in scientology. Ask around. Same as above.

Does having an "open mind" in regards to scientology help you to find the good points of scientology? Again, ask around.

How would one go about finding out if there were any good, redeemable qualities to dianetics and scientology?

Who would you trust your mind to? It's your mind, it's up to you.

JustSheila

The most enlightening thing I’ve learned since I left Scientology is that since it was a red herring and diverted my attention from genuine personal and spiritual growth, I still had to address and resolve my personal and spiritual conflicts and issues.

It’s not supposed to be easy or fun to fix yourself or your life. It’s meant to be hard and the bigger the problem, the more important the issue or personal shortcoming that needs to be addressed. Addressing and resolving problems and issues makes you a better person. That is true spiritual growth and it is hard work.

Nowadays, I don’t dive into surreal past lives to find pain I can resolve rather than resolve the pain or conflict of my current situation. That’s a cop-out to fantasy, like watching a movie or reading a book.

These days I dive right in and ask myself, “Is this the best way to think?” Or “Could I have prevented this, spoken better or acted better? Next time I will.” I don’t beat myself up over things, either. Not like when I was in Scientology. Nor do I have unrealistic expectations of myself. I know my shortcomings, but I am getting much better at realizing my genuine strengths and improving them rather than leaving it all to imagination or a false belief that the answers to my life are in a mysterious past. They’re not. They’re right in front of me.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

The most enlightening thing I’ve learned since I left Scientology is that since it was a red herring and diverted my attention from genuine personal and spiritual growth, I still had to address and resolve my personal and spiritual conflicts and issues.
I couldn't agree more @JustSheila.

I have been having fun (if one could call it that) with the subject of changing one's mind. My own mind included. I mean really changing your mind, or being willing to. Not enchanted into a state. Not coaxed, not "led" or convinced through a serious of processes designed by anyone. Maybe the idea could be more defined as "thinking for oneself." I bet someone could find a set of processes to "help" one do that, but no thank you.

There are so many real life conditions or situations that exist not defined or identified by hubbard. These things exist whether he thought or cared that they existed or not. His view of the mind was perhaps limited by something about himself, whatever you could say, like his intention or how actually alert or aware that he was or wasn't.

JustSheila

I couldn't agree more @JustSheila.

I have been having fun (if one could call it that) with the subject of changing one's mind. My own mind included. I mean really changing your mind, or being willing to. Not enchanted into a state. Not coaxed, not "led" or convinced through a serious of processes designed by anyone. Maybe the idea could be more defined as "thinking for oneself." I bet someone could find a set of processes to "help" one do that, but no thank you.

There are so many real life conditions or situations that exist not defined or identified by hubbard. These things exist whether he thought or cared that they existed or not. His view of the mind was perhaps limited by something about himself, whatever you could say, like his intention or how actually alert or aware that he was or wasn't.
It is kind of fun though, isn’t it, I mean, when you dive right in to your own hesitancy/ nervousness/fear/anger etc. and just grab that shit while it’s full-on maxed out IRL and say, “Wtf is that reaction I’m having, holy shit wtf was I thinking, wtf is really going on and what can I do about it?” :LOL:

I started this new job and there’s a 68 year old woman there who is an expert at taxes and a perfectionist. She’s a great teacher and mentor and actually really sweet but expected perfection from Day One when I admittedly didn’t know half the computer programs so it’s been a sharp, steep learning curve. I have to tell myself how well I’m doing because she won’t, lol.

But she’s sweet. Really. But she rode me too hard the other day so I just told her, “ I’d really appreciate if you didn’t... because it makes me feel ... “. She thanked me and was a little surprised I guess, but she was also reassured that if I ever had a problem, I’d tell her directly and she liked that a lot. Problem solved, no worries.

A couple of days later, I cut some flowers from my yard and gave them to her. That same day she brought me packets of flower seeds. 🤗♥ Thinking on the same wavelength. We’re getting along great. I love my job. 😊

Dotey OT

It is kind of fun though, isn’t it, I mean, when you dive right in to your own hesitancy/ nervousness/fear/anger etc. and just grab that shit while it’s full-on maxed out IRL and say, “Wtf is that reaction I’m having, holy shit wtf was I thinking, wtf is really going on and what can I do about it?” :LOL:

I started this new job and there’s a 68 year old woman there who is an expert at taxes and a perfectionist. She’s a great teacher and mentor and actually really sweet but expected perfection from Day One when I admittedly didn’t know half the computer programs so it’s been a sharp, steep learning curve. I have to tell myself how well I’m doing because she won’t, lol.

But she’s sweet. Really. But she rode me too hard the other day so I just told her, “ I’d really appreciate if you didn’t... because it makes me feel ... “. She thanked me and was a little surprised I guess, but she was also reassured that if I ever had a problem, I’d tell her directly and she liked that a lot. Problem solved, no worries.

A couple of days later, I cut some flowers from my yard and gave them to her. That same day she brought me packets of flower seeds. 🤗♥ Thinking on the same wavelength. We’re getting along great. I love my job. 😊
Life can be full of surprises! Good surprises.

Dotey OT

Life can be full of surprises! Good surprises.
I tell you, I have come a long way over the past few months. I will say that this board is loosing a little of it's pizzazz!! I first was checking out the old board back in 2017 when I was newly out. I bet the old days of the old board must have really been cathartic for everyone! I have found enlightenment from great books, by a variety of psychologists of all things!!!