Biden is vetting Congressmember Karen Bass as a candidate for Vice President. Bass has endorsed the Church of Scientology

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news

ISNOINews

Peter Hasson and Chuck Ross at the Daily Caller have another story about Karen Bass.

The story has another Scientology tie-in.

EXCLUSIVE: Karen Bass Denies Links To Nation Of Islam, Despite Photos And Event Appearances, But Doesn’t Disavow Radical Group

EXCLUSIVE: Karen Bass Denies Links To Nation Of Islam, Despite Photos And Event Appearances, But Doesn’t Disavow Radical Group

Screenshot_20200803-223558_1596519383906.png
Screenshot_20200803-223127_1596519419374.png

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The Church of Scientology awarded [Minister Tony] Muhammad its highest honor in 2017. The DCNF reported Friday that Bass praised the Church of Scientology at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for one of its facilities in Los Angeles in 2010
* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

5he word "awarded" above links to Tony Ortega's YouTube video of Minister Tony Muhammad receiving the Scientology IAS Freedom Medal.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Peter Hasson and Chuck Ross at the Daily Caller have another story about Karen Bass.

The story has another Scientology tie-in.

View attachment 5647
View attachment 5648

The Church of Scientology awarded [Minister Tony] Muhammad its highest honor in 2017. The DCNF reported Friday that Bass praised the Church of Scientology at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for one of its facilities in Los Angeles in 2010

5he word "awarded" above links to Tony Ortega's YouTube video of Minister Tony Muhammad receiving the Scientology IAS Freedom Medal.
Karen Bass faces down past as questions mount over Cuba, Scientology, Nation of Islam events

Karen Bass faces down past as questions mount over Cuba, Scientology, Nation of Islam events

Screenshot_20200804-085711_1596556855196.png

ISNOINews

Karen Bass eulogized Communist Party USA leader

The VP finalist described Oneil Marion Cannon as a “friend and mentor” in 2017, without mentioning his communist past.

Karen Bass eulogized Communist Party USA leader

Screenshot_20200804-161646_1596583031559.png

Separately, Bass in recent days has also had to answer for her past praise of the Church of Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. And she was forced to deny any association with Louis Farrakhan after The Daily Caller reported that she posed for a picture with Tony Muhammad, director of the Nation of Islam's Western division.

ISNOINews

It appears that Karen Bass has responded to Tony Ortega's story on Monday.

Bass corrects explanation for appearing at Scientology event.

The VP finalist had said the church's new headquarters was "in my district." But a spokesman acknowledged Wednesday that it was not.

Bass corrects explanation for appearing at Scientology event

Screenshot_20200805-082746_1596641294650.png

Rep. Karen Bass on Wednesday corrected her explanation for why she appeared and spoke effusively at the opening of the Church of Scientology’s headquarters in Los Angeles a decade ago.

The California Democrat had noted in a written statement over the weekend that the new building was in her state Assembly district. But the headquarters was well outside the boundaries of her district at the time, and Bass removed "in my district" from the statement after POLITICO contacted her office Tuesday about the discrepancy.

ISNOINews

The VP finalist had said the church's new headquarters was "in my district." But a spokesman acknowledged Wednesday that it was not.

View attachment 5672

Rep. Karen Bass on Wednesday corrected her explanation for why she appeared and spoke effusively at the opening of the Church of Scientology’s headquarters in Los Angeles a decade ago.

The California Democrat had noted in a written statement over the weekend that the new building was in her state Assembly district. But the headquarters was well outside the boundaries of her district at the time, and Bass removed "in my district" from the statement after POLITICO contacted her office Tuesday about the discrepancy.

Karen Bass Gave Inaccurate Explanation For Speaking At Scientology Event

Karen Bass Gave Inaccurate Explanation For Speaking At Scientology Event - The Daily Caller

Screenshot_20200805-093359_1596645276528.png

Democratic California Rep. Karen Bass acknowledged Wednesday that a Church of Scientology event she spoke at in 2010 was not held in her district, as she claimed in a statement over the weekend defending her appearance at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the controversial group’s Los Angeles facility.

“In drafting a tweet I mistakenly described the event in Los Angeles as being in her district. I regret this error,” Bass told Politico.

ISNOINews

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
* * * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

She now claims she didn’t know [Castro] was despised by many, particularly the Cuban refugees whose key influence in the swing state of Florida’s politics could be crucial to any Democratic presidential hopes.

[SNIP]

In a statement released on Saturday, Bass claimed she didn’t know about the allegations of abuse in the church [of Scientology], saying that her remarks were intended as “respect for one another’s views.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * .
Oh, do we have the grand return of the know-nothing party? Yes, I think we do! :bs:

You just have to know who to ask. :LOL:I found larger full-resolution images of all of these. :coolwink:

~ click to view any images larger in a new window ~

View attachment 5578 . . . View attachment 5579 . . . View attachment 5582

I see Tommy Davis in there too, which is a treat.

View attachment 5580 . . . View attachment 5581

:evillaugh:
Having a photo taken with Davey boy... real 'honor', I tell you that :screwy:

If Biden picks her it will mean that he is not as dumb as he appears. It will mean that he's way dumber than he appears to be. If he chooses he,r then I will return the favor and choose Trump instead.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Scientology Ruthlessly Harassed Reporters (including Me) For Decades. Biden VP Contender Karen Bass’s Statements About The Cult Just Don’t Add Up.

By Richard Behar for Forbes. Behar wrote the 1991 Time magazine cover story, “The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power."

Scientology Ruthlessly Harassed Reporters (including Me) For Decades. Biden VP Contender Karen Bass’s Statements About The Cult Just Don’t Add Up.

View attachment 5675
I couldn't be more pleased to see Richard Behar, author of the 1991 TIME magazine cover story writing about Scientology again. To say Scientology harassed him is a grose understatement. I sincerely consider him a hero.

Please read and refer his new article in Forbes, it's excellent.

excerpt from this new article in Forbes:

For Time’s international editions, a sidebar was included with the cover story that was titled “Pushing Beyond the U.S.— Scientology Makes Its Presence Felt in Europe and Canada.” It showed how the church’s minions were wreaking havoc in one country after another (Canada; France;
Germany; Italy; Spain)—costing governments considerable effort and money to try and stop them.

This was back when Time was Time (in terms of global influence and readership), and Scientology declared war in response. The church sued and also ran a $3 million daily ad campaign for two weeks in USA Today attacking the articles, as well as Time generally and historically. An 80-page booklet charged that we were “serving an evil hidden agenda.” The ad campaign culminated in a 28-page booklet inserted into the newspaper [briefly excerpted here] that even attacked Eli Lilly, the maker of Prozac depression medicine. Why? The church is fervently opposed to psychiatry and psychiatric medicine, and works hard to keep mentally-ill members from getting treatment from licensed professionals.

(Bass might be interested in that topic, considering that during the 1990s—a time when she ran the L.A. social justice group—she worked hard addressing the city’s drug and gang-violence epidemic. She also spent nearly a decade as a physician assistant and served as a medical instructor at the University of Southern California. Currently, she serves on several U.S. House committees, including chairing the subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations. I don’t know her views on psychiatry or meds.)

1991 cover

Last edited:

ISNOINews

View attachment 5672

Bass's corrected statement: "in my district" changed to "in Los Angeles."

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Very nicely stated. She picked the perfect time to become a voice. This swirls up a dust storm of particular interest because of her personal story with the cult, and that Mapother guy. Just another day of horrible PR for the choich!!

HelluvaHoax!

Nazanin's statement makes all the meaningless hyperbole and posturing of a politician's speech fade to insignificance.

It's a very intelligent and powerful message (and challenge) that she delivered. I suspect that Bass will only respond if she thinks her personal political power and career will be hurt. I doubt very much she cares in the slightest about any of the "oppressed victims" of the world she pretends to defend. After all, she supported Castro--a tyrannical, murderous terrorist who destroyed countless innocent people.

I greatly respect Nazanin for standing up and calling out Bass for hypocritically meaningless, virtue-signaling speeches.

ISNOINews

ISNOINews

#BassForUnityVP [@praxisnchill] just referred to Nazanin as "Karen" on Twitter.

I can't reply because I have been suspended on Twitter for three weeks. Perhaps someone else would like to respond?

I am serious. I do not like #BassForUnityVP's reply. It is disrespectful.

Screenshot_20200806-081936_1596727209450.png

Screenshot_20200806-081335_1596727238775.png

Last edited:

ISNOINews

And now this:

L.A. Rep. Karen Bass surged up Biden’s VP list. Is she ready for the national stage?​

A Times review found that between 2008 and 2011, her state Assembly campaign committees gave nearly $100,000 to Community Coalition, the South Los Angeles nonprofit Bass co-founded.

In 2010, the Community Coalition paid her $70,500 in consulting fees directly and through one of its contractors, according to interviews and public records.

“It’s not a good idea to receive substantial income from organizations that are supported by contributions from your campaign fund,” said Kirk O. Hanson, senior fellow at the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University. “It creates an appearance of a conflict of interest, that you have converted campaign funds into personal income.”

Bass said her campaign’s donations to the nonprofit were completely unrelated to her 2010 consulting income. The money that came to her was paid by outside foundation grants working through the coalition, including from the California Endowment, she said.

Because money is not fungible. Oh, wait....

Dotey OT

Re-Membered