WHY RON'S 100% WORKABLE TECH DID NOT WORK ON RON

Riddick

I clap to no man
Who or what persuaded you to become totally obsessed by "rhetoric" to the extent that you are?
why it's quite simple Trouble, it was Hubbard reading and using Dean Wilbur book on English Rhetoric.

Don't forget, trouble, you said we had no case and I agreed with you..

So how do you explain it all? Was it hypnosis, was it Crowley, what was it?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
why it's quite simple Trouble, it was Hubbard reading and using Dean Wilbur book on English Rhetoric.

Don't forget, trouble, you said we had no case and agreed with you..

None of the above ... I was young and easily led and I (partly) accepted that scientology was worth becoming involved in for various reasons ... none of which make any sense now ... then I decided it was a con, but by then I was somewhat trapped. I did not accept every word that hubbard spat out but hid my real thoughts until I felt safe enough to voice them.

You were 100% entrapped by rhetoric and only rhetoric.

Cool.

I think we all understand that.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist

It was a combination of things. Rhetoric was just one part of it.
So, I partially agree with you about the rhetoric.

Veda

\
Who or what persuaded you to become totally obsessed by "rhetoric" to the extent that you are?
Hubbard recurringly stated that the "bank" is made of words, in 1950, in the mid 1960s, and of course in his 1946/47 Affirmations.

That left an impression on some.

Riddick had this right. Processing creates the "vacuum," and hyperbole and training fill the vacuum.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
\

Hubbard recurringly stated that the "bank" is made of words, in 1950, in the mid 1960s, and of course in his 1946/47 Affirmations.

That left an impression on some..

Riddick had this right. Processing creates the "vacuum," and hyperbole and training fill the vacuum.

Only if you let it (as Riddick apparently did).

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
I'm going now ... this isn't a useful conversation, it's just Riddick repeating the same barely literate sentence over and over for 8 years and slightly altering the wording, I can't be arsed to pretend to take him seriously any longer.

Sorry Riddick ... but you would test the patience of a Saint.

:byefly:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
\

For Dianetic auditing when the PC starts talking about "significances" (before EP) the auditor is supposed to use TR4 to get the PC back on the C/S order for a particular AESP for that session until the PC gets "cog, VGIs, FN". Then the cognition is accepted as part of the EP ("what is true for you is true for you".)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

I know rhetoric is a difficult concept to understand, much like the word sublime, both rhetoric and sublime in philosophy are hard to understand, if you learn them, you'll see. Todays education system doesn't quite teach them. Both the rhetoric and sublime are quite simple, once you see.

There's no reason to disparage me, I 'm just saying what I see, the unknown about Hubbard and his means to create a following.
I don’t find rhetoric difficult to understand at all but I completely understand how you do, For years, it’s been your new religion.

There is no “subject of rhetoric.” There are cons, propaganda, bullshit, lies, advertising and manipulation of people, emotions, groups and words. When you roll all of that together and call it a ‘system,” you’ve bought another line of bullshit, the “knowing professor gobbledygook double-speak.” You may think you’re clever, but you’re not. You’ve fallen into the double-speak word maze of double -meanings and expanded meaningless word manipulation and are enamored with certain words.

It is a classic symptom of many milder autistics to become fascinated and obsessed with particular words and stating meaningless things that they believe sound important to others. For autistics, it’s an effort to gain social altitude and disguise their language brain glitch.

Those without such a glitch do not find rhetoric to be the difficult subject you earnestly believe it is, as it apparently has been for you.

Yes , rhetoric was an important part of the Scientology con. Your constant obsession and repetition about it reveals more about your personal lack of understanding than mine or anyone else’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 51

@JustSheila

If a person has some type of OCD does that also mean that they are autistic?
(Just curious about your opinion on that.)
No, they are different and have different treatments, though a person can be both. Autism has a scale, too, but OCD can also be mild to severe.

The speech / language / socializing difficulties are part of autism.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member

Did you notice that Dean Wilbur's book did not even cover ethos, logos and pathos?

It is not a book about what you call rhetoric.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Did you notice that Dean Wilbur's book did not even cover ethos, logos and pathos?

It is not a book about what you call rhetoric.
I pondered on that, Dean Wilbur called it English Rhetoric, not greek rhethoric so it was Wilburs interpretation, but it's still rhethoric on how to write and captivate a audience.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
IMO, IF LRH had finally found some way in auditing to create the so-called EP of OT8 what he really would have found was some ways that would eventually lead to a person having mental hallucinations 24/7.

That's my 2 cents opinion on that item.

Riddick

I clap to no man
IMO, IF LRH had finally found some way in auditing to create the so-called EP of OT8 what he really would have found was some ways that would eventually lead to a person having mental hallucinations 24/7.

That's my 2 cents opinion on that item.
MY WIFE IS NO LONGER INVOLVED AND WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Riddick

I clap to no man
\

your comment actually implies you never had auditing. Is this true?

Riddick

I clap to no man
For Dianetic auditing when the PC starts talking about "significances" (before EP) the auditor is supposed to use TR4 to get the PC back on the C/S order for a particular AESP for that session until the PC gets "cog, VGIs, FN". Then the cognition is accepted as part of the EP ("what is true for you is true for you".)
I don't think you ever ever went thru a auditing session?

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
I don't think you ever ever went thru a auditing session?
Yes, I did. :)

(After auditing session a PC goes to an examiner in Qual to verify the F/N.)

I am not attacking you. I just wish that you would consider more things than rhetoric to add to your position.
Yes, rhetoric is part of it but not all of it.
(Brain activity is not all about thoughts limited to the prefrontal cortex.)

Last edited:

Veda

your comment actually implies you never had auditing. Is this true?
Inside the organization, I have received and given auditing during 1970, 1971, 1975, and 1976.

After the schism of 1983, I did an additional year of auditing - to see what it was like to be free of the red tape of the organization.

This covered the entire Grade Chart.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..

- - cross-posted from another thread - -

That would be an "ideal" post to start a whole new thread, so let's get this party started:

WHY RON'S 100% WORKABLE TECH
DID NOT WORK ON RON

Because on the practical drills for auditor training courses,
everyone was afraid to give Ron a flunk. Thus he never
got a real pass and therefore was non-standard.

Maybe cos it just doesn't bloody well work?