What is Rhetoric?

Riddick

I clap to no man
Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
I think these two articles are good, if you were involved in dianetics or scientology they might help explain how you fell for it, or dianetics and or scientology.

Examples of Rhetoric in Every Day life #1 | Anjali RCL (psu.edu)

Rhetoric In Your Life - An Introductory Guide To Rhetoric (weebly.com)
correlating what this poster said about rhetoric, this link:

Examples of Rhetoric in Every Day life #1 | Anjali RCL (psu.edu)

"Finally, he set forth what I would consider to be some logical reasons for trying out the group. “Come and see! It’s a great way to get to know people, and may also help to boost your spiritual life!” Although these reasons may seem rather flimsy from a traditional standpoint, they were appropriate to that particular situation, and set up his appeal to logos."

So correlating, what scientology does is the pinch test to make the emeter logical or logos. The emeter was introduced by Hubbard for a logos appeal of persuasion to join the group, and also to keep the group alive through out auditing and up the bridge. There are others such as the personality test, leadership test, IQ test, etc. These are all logos appeals to make scientology true and persuade one.

But, of course, all that work by Hubbard to persuade one to learn and use the emeter fell for not. Lots of time and energy wasted for a false promise. And also lots of money buying all the courses, books, lectures, etc.

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Wise Guy
Logostics 1

Life is basically a Static.

Definition: A Life Static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time.

Riddick

I clap to no man
It's a rhetoric world and it's 3 means of persuasion. Just state your new gimmick, explain thru logos, or ethos, or pathos, or any combination of the 3, how your new gimmick can solve problems. Some work, some do not. Dianetics and scientology do not work. Dianetics and scientology do not give one a bridge to total freedom.

Riddick

I clap to no man
It's also a money world. Without money you are fucked. Learn how to save money, or income greater than outgo. And learn how to multiply your saved money, for investing into scientology will only result in wasted money for a promise of clear, OT, and a bridge to total freedom.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hubbard said as you do each step up the Bridge to Total freedom, one's ability to earn money will multiply, thus implying if one spent money to do a step on the Bridge and continue, or just move on up the Bridge, why your earning ability to make more money goes up. One thinks if they just go up the Bridge one will become successful. This is totally false and rhetoric by Hubbard to persuade one to continue up the Bridge.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Anybody who tries to explain dianetics and or scientology, are trying to explain it thru one of the means of rhetoric persuasion of ethos, pathos or logos, or a combination of the 3 means. For example, Chris Shelton and there are others who try to explain it by logos or logic or critical thinking.

We have heard of many stories of abuse; these are pathos explanations.

Ethos explanations are stories by those who were in the Sea Org and their stories, or people of status within the organization.

Dianetics and scientology are rhetoric at its core and big picture. But, the bottom line is nobody went clear or OT or returned from past life using dianetics and scientology.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I see you have completely groked Ron's teaching: "Number of times over equals certainty."
why attack me, and why not think and talk about Hubbard's rhetoric?

Riddick

I clap to no man
When people are involved in scientology, they were taught by Hubbard the ethics officer was of high standard, a moral and just person. This correlated to the Sea Org for to be a member of the Sea Org one had to meet certain standards, and even Missions and Orgs.

Everybody and their uncle when involved thought these high moral people were true and just, and they were trained by reading and listening to Hubbard. Turns out not to be true. Everything hubbard wrote about being ethical or of high standard or character was just a ethos appeal to make one think the organization and its people were.

HelluvaHoax!

why attack me, and why not think and talk about Hubbard's rhetoric?

LECTURER
Today's Sunday sermon is that Ron lied.

AUDIENCE MEMBER
Okay.

(the next day)

LECTURER
Today's Monday sermon is that Ron lied.

AUDIENCE MEMBER
Um, you told us that yesterday.

(the next day)

LECTURER
Today's Tuesday sermon is that Ron lied.

AUDIENCE MEMBER
We know, you already made that point.

(the next day)

LECTURER
Today's Wednesday sermon is that Ron lied.

AUDIENCE MEMBER
Holy hell, not again!

(the next day)

LECTURER
Today's Thursday sermon is that Ron lied.

AUDIENCE MEMBER
OMG, we know! You have given that same exact
sermon every day for the last 567 days.

LECTURER
How dare you attack me!​

SUMMARY: Not having wins on the daily sermon's mind-numbing repetition is suppressive.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Doesn't HH lecture us with his/her posts on every other thread, his/her mocked up stories or lectures?

HelluvaHoax!

Doesn't HH lecture us with his/her posts on every other thread, his/her mocked up stories or lectures?

Bringing up the subject of RHETORIC was a cool idea. You posted, people read your posts and there was some discussion. That was quite a long time ago.

The reason you get so much pushback on your RHETORIC thread is that you keep endlessly repeating the same post, just rephrased in virtually identical words. That's why the interest level in your repetitively mono-focus posts dropped off a cliff. That's how a "discussion" became a "lecture" and people started explosively blowing out of your thread like BTs ejecting out of a volcano.

You seem to be running "CHINESE SCHOOL" and wanting everyone to chant the same words you are posting. Perhaps you noticed that people on ESMB are not into Chinese chanting so much these days. LOL

HELPFUL TIP: Despite your claim, nobody is "attacking" you. If you don't like the responses you get, maybe you can change your approach to the discussion. Likewise, if you were a standup comedian and did a set at the Comedy Store where nobody laughed, that would also not mean that the audience is attacking you. In that scenario, you'd be wise to write some better jokes than blame the people who came to see your comedy routine, no?

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
This is my thread, unless you post something about Hubbards rhetoric or your understanding of Hubbard's use of rhetoric with examples, then piss off. There are not too many posters who post here on exscientology redux, just you same clowns.

Riddick

I clap to no man
This is a good video to listen to regarding Hubbard's use of rhetoric, you have to compare did all Hubbard's lectures and books persuade you?

What is Rhetoric? - YouTube

Riddick

I clap to no man
RCL 4: Scientology | Rhetoric and Civic Life (psu.edu)

"One of the strangest organizations I have come across is Scientology. It is literally something created out of a science-fiction novel, as it was created by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. Scientology is an organization that wears many hats. It is a religion, taking the form of The Church of Scientology, as well as social organizations such as the Narconon anti-drug program, the Criminon prison rehabilitation program, the Study Tech education methodology, the Volunteer Ministers. For each of these social programs they take a radical view. The drug rehabilitation program Narconon advocates for a completely drug free life– and treats its patients by having them exercise, take high-dose vitamins, and sit in a sauna. Their Criminon program claims to rehabilitate prisoners and make them want to live a better life, but has been criticized for being merely a front to try and convert people to Scientology. All of their social programs seem to share this particular complaint, that they are merely recruitment arms of the Church of Scientology that exist under the guise of public welfare. Their practices seem to have no scientific backing, only the written work of Ron Hubbard. Scientology is considering a non-profit church in the United States, though in many countries it is classified as commercial. It invites the public to donate and to become members, and service texts and sermons must be paid for as part of a “required donation”. And, interestingly enough, some of the revelations of the religion are only revealed to practitioners who donate a great deal of money towards them.
When the logic (or lack there of) of Scientology’s teachings has been questioned, those questioning them were often defamed and sued. When any of their policies are called into question, even by scientists, they claim that they are being persecuted and their followers disenfranchised.
Though this organization accepts money and donations from the public, and received the category of a non-taxable church, Scientology seems to be a fraudulent money-making scheme that seeks to distribute their and then profit off of it."

Interesting post by a .edu

Gets the rhetoric of scientology.

Riddick

I clap to no man
RCL 4: Scientology | Rhetoric and Civic Life (psu.edu)

"One of the strangest organizations I have come across is Scientology. It is literally something created out of a science-fiction novel, as it was created by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. Scientology is an organization that wears many hats. It is a religion, taking the form of The Church of Scientology, as well as social organizations such as the Narconon anti-drug program, the Criminon prison rehabilitation program, the Study Tech education methodology, the Volunteer Ministers. For each of these social programs they take a radical view. The drug rehabilitation program Narconon advocates for a completely drug free life– and treats its patients by having them exercise, take high-dose vitamins, and sit in a sauna. Their Criminon program claims to rehabilitate prisoners and make them want to live a better life, but has been criticized for being merely a front to try and convert people to Scientology. All of their social programs seem to share this particular complaint, that they are merely recruitment arms of the Church of Scientology that exist under the guise of public welfare. Their practices seem to have no scientific backing, only the written work of Ron Hubbard. Scientology is considering a non-profit church in the United States, though in many countries it is classified as commercial. It invites the public to donate and to become members, and service texts and sermons must be paid for as part of a “required donation”. And, interestingly enough, some of the revelations of the religion are only revealed to practitioners who donate a great deal of money towards them.
When the logic (or lack there of) of Scientology’s teachings has been questioned, those questioning them were often defamed and sued. When any of their policies are called into question, even by scientists, they claim that they are being persecuted and their followers disenfranchised.
Though this organization accepts money and donations from the public, and received the category of a non-taxable church, Scientology seems to be a fraudulent money-making scheme that seeks to distribute their and then profit off of it."

Interesting post by a .edu

Gets the rhetoric of scientology.
"Their practices seem to have no scientific backing, only the written work of Ron Hubbard. "

There you go, Hubbard persuaded you, thru his rhetoric.