TOP SUPER-STUPID MOMENTS IN SCIENTOLOGY (PART V)

HelluvaHoax!

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF: Part 2

That previous post brings up yet another puzzling enigma. . .

QUESTION: In Scientology, what is the difference between "Suspension of Disbelief"
and "Knowingness"?
ANSWER: Other than the latter sounding more transcendentally technical and
cosmically cool, none.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF: Part 3

QUESTION: Okay, so that "Willful Suspension of Disbelief" sounds fancy and stuff, but what does it have to to do with how L. Ron Hubbard diabolically "tricked & lied" (see "Fair Game" policies) Scientologists in order to trap them in his hellacious hoax?

ANSWER: Well, everything. And nothing. Because Hubbard's hoax can only work if the Scientologists themselves "Keep it Working" (just like KSW).

QUESTION: I don't get it. Why would anyone ever not figure out that Xenu and all the rest of the absurdly hokey sci-fi is completely creepy, crazy and cringey crap? Why in the world would anyone ever spend all their time and spend all their money by willfully su-spending their disbelief?!

ANSWER: That's easy. It's right there, in the first sentence of the definition of "Suspension of Disbelief" in wikipedia and countless other research resources. It's all explained in just one single word (see para below):

Suspension of Disbelief, sometimes called Willing Suspension of Disbelief, is the intentional
avoidance of critical thinking or logic in examining something unreal or impossible in reality,
such as a work of speculative fiction, in order to believe it for the sake of enjoyment.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF: Part 4

QUESTION: Wait a minute! So are you actually saying that Scientologists did this all to themselves?!

ANSWER: Not all. Hubbard did about 2.5% of it. The other 97.5% Scientologists did to themselves (think solo auditing) by willfully suspending their disbelief and then using their imaginations to, well, pleasure themselves. Hubbard just used his cheap Zippo lighter to ignite the torch, which Scientologists happily took from him. After that, the Hubbard torch bearers cheerfully took the lit torch and then went around and committed serial arson everywhere possible--under the guise of "sharing wins". LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF: Part 5 (final)

QUESTION: What did history's great thinkers, scientists and philosophers think about the concept of 'Willing Suspension of Disbelief"?

ANSWER: (from wiki)
"Aristotle first explored the idea of the concept in its relation to the principles of
theater; the audience ignores the unreality of fiction in order to experience catharsis."

QUESTION: Catharsis? What exactly do you mean?

ANSWER: (from wiki)
"purification, purgation, cleansing and intellectual clarification".

QUESTION: What does all that "catharsis" junk have to do with Scientology?

ANSWER: Those are the identical core concepts Scientology is selling, to wit:

"Purification": As in the "purification rundown", or purifying the mind by erasing engrams and implants.​
"Purgation": As in purging in the Christian meaning (i.e. "the spiritual cleansing of a soul") Or in the case of Scientologists, spiritually cleansing oneself of millions of souls called BTs.​
"Cleansing": As in confessing all one's sins to a holy man and being forgiven by priests who 100% trust and believe you (but just wanted to be sure by double-checking it on an e-meter)​
"Intellectual Clarification"? The Catharsis and Clarification can simply be substituted by another "c" word, Cognition.​

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Suspension of Disbelief, sometimes called Willing Suspension of Disbelief, is the intentional avoidance of critical thinking or logic in examining something unreal or impossible in reality, such as a work of speculative fiction, in order to believe it for the sake of enjoyment.
Perfect! I love this. :LOL:

Hubbard offered up a delusional world, a construct: guaranteed immortality,
exciting space opera in this solar system, being among the first to learn all the
ultimate secrets of the universe, and on and on. It was a pretend world that I
bought entirely and lived within, as many of us did. It insulated me and others
from many of the unbearable parts or uncertainties of life.

Let's take a look at the heyday of Scientology's most remarkable expansion . . . the 70's.
There was Vietnam, the military draft, Watergate, 2500 Weathermen bombings in
just 18 months, the drug culture, free love, gas lines, race riots, and all kinds of other
turmoil. Of course, many young people at the time were trying to find ways to escape
the "grim reality" of the times. Hubbard showed up with an option, albeit a fake one.
It wasn't that the tech worked, as much as, "right place, right time," for something like
he was selling.

When I turn on the TV and see what's on the news nowadays and where the culture has
sunk to, I momentarily yearn for the naivete and silliness of the Scientology years. A willing
suspension of disbelief, if you will, sounds good, LOL.

I think it's time for an X-Files marathon. :coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

Perfect! I love this. :LOL:

Hubbard offered up a delusional world, a construct: guaranteed immortality,
exciting space opera in this solar system, being among the first to learn all the
ultimate secrets of the universe, and on and on. It was a pretend world that I
bought entirely and lived within, as many of us did. It insulated me and others
from many of the unbearable parts or uncertainties of life.

Let's take a look at the heyday of Scientology's most remarkable expansion . . . the 70's.
There was Vietnam, the military draft, Watergate, 2500 Weathermen bombings in
just 18 months, the drug culture, free love, gas lines, race riots, and all kinds of other
turmoil. Of course, many young people at the time were trying to find ways to escape
the "grim reality" of the times. Hubbard showed up with an option, albeit a fake one.
It wasn't that the tech worked, as much as, "right place, right time," for something like
he was selling.

When I turn on the TV and see what's on the news nowadays and where the culture has
sunk to, I momentarily yearn for the naivete and silliness of the Scientology years. A willing
suspension of disbelief, if you will, sounds good, LOL.

I think it's time for an X-Files marathon. :coolwink:

"It insulated me and others from many of the unbearable parts or uncertainties of life."

Well captured! That's ground zero where all of Scientology's "magic mojo" happens.

To graphically map this concept out, we could invoke one of Hubbard's paradigms---some sort of scale going from sub-human MINUS to a super-human PLUS. By way of example, the "Emotional Tone Scale" which ran from the bottom (minus 40; "total failure") to the top (positive 40; "serenity of beingness")

I'll try to make a quick run at it--
THE CERTAINTY TO ANXIETY SCALE
[100.0]: Jubilance of Certainty
[99.02]: Exultant Omniscience​
...​
...​
...​
[1.00]: Dubiousness​
[0.01]: Desperate Guessing​
[0.00]: Cluelessness​
[-0.01]: Worry​
[-1.00]: Creeping Paranoia​
...​
...​
...​
[-99.0]: Sufferingness of Incertitude​
[-100.0]: Unbearable Anxiety

SUMMARY: Yeah, so who wouldn't eagerly trade up from one of the lower depths to the altitudinously joyful and worry-free states towards the top? LOL

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Again, just perfect. :LOL:

That's actually smarter and more clarifying than you might guess at first glance.

I knew you could riff on my anecdotal posting . . . and grok Scientology's ultimate "magic mojo." :LOL:

Type4_PTS

"It insulated me and others from many of the unbearable parts or uncertainties of life."

Well captured! That's ground zero where all of Scientology's "magic mojo" happens.

To graphically map this concept out, we could invoke one of Hubbard's paradigms---some sort of scale going from sub-human MINUS to a super-human PLUS. By way of example, the "Emotional Tone Scale" which ran from the bottom (minus 40; "total failure") to the top (positive 40; "serenity of beingness")

I'll try to make a quick run at it--
THE CERTAINTY TO ANXIETY SCALE
[100.0]: Jubilance of Certainty
[99.02]: Exultant Omniscience​
...​
...​
...​
[1.00]: Dubiousness​
[0.01]: Desperate Guessing​
[0.00]: Cluelessness​
[-0.01]: Worry​
[-1.00]: Creeping Paranoia​
...​
...​
...​
[-99.0]: Sufferingness of Incertitude​
[-100.0]: Unbearable Anxiety

SUMMARY: Yeah, so who wouldn't eagerly trade up from one of the lower depths to the altitudinously joyful and worry-free states towards the top? LOL

It feels wonderful when one is at 100.0 on that scale! :D

But it doesn't feel so great when one realizes one's view of the universe is based upon a fictional story. :ohmy:

HelluvaHoax!

It feels wonderful when one is at 100.0 on that scale! :D

But it doesn't feel so great when one realizes one's view of the universe is based upon a fictional story. :ohmy:
HellYeah!

That precise moment in one's life is a creepy, cringey, critical-cult-cog catastrophe!

Here is how it looks mid-cog.

HelluvaHoax!

from another thread discussing the
reportedly booming Indie Scn org in Israel

- - -

OMG, no.

Make it stop! LOL

Introducing the "Independent" Scientologists.

They are very, very, very independent!

And they think very, very, very independently!

They don't even do clay demos of between-lives implants in an org!

They do those clay demos somewhere else! Now, that's independent thought!

- - -

Wow, they blew right out of the cult of Scientology
and right into the cult of Indie Scientology!

I have a nagging feeling they do not need a BETWEEN LIVES COURSE.

However, I would very strongly recommend a BETWEEN CULTS COURSE.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

posted by Type4_PTS
Here's one of my favorite images I've collected over the years.

- - -​

I encourage everyone to not get hung up on Scientology's outpoints and negatives. One should always endeavor to find the good parts of Dr. Hubbard's technology.

On the positive side, the donkey's standard and blinkless TR-O certainly seems to be in.

"Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists.
Turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare
and she'll win and we'll all win."
- L. Ron Hubbard

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Part II: "Fixed dedicated glares"

That little phrase is arguably the central and core value in all of Scientology's most sacred scripture, "Keeping Scientology Working". It defines the requisite fanaticism demanded of all Hubbardites on this planet.

"Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists" is another fascinating cult concept. It is so vital to Scientology's operation that anyone showing up at a mission or org is declared "PTS" (Potential Trouble Source) if they innocently mention that they are there because they heard good things about Scientology's technology and came in to find out if it works. Sounds quite reasonable, no?

Not so fast. If you enroll in a Scientology course or pay for auditing, it is a crime to state that you do not know if it works. You need to know the tech works before you try it. That's why they demands that you sign a stack of contracts before allowing you to check it out. Being "open minded" makes you a "trouble source" because you might bump into factual information that is inconsistent with Hubbard's infallible axioms and "scientific discoveries" from hundreds of trillions of years ago.

definition
"Open Minded": 1. The inquisitive mindset of any rational individual seeking the truth such as scientists or in financial matters those performing due diligence.

What legitimate organization would ban due diligence or simply surveying their previous customers to determine their level of satisfaction for what they bought? Keep in mind that the total freedom religion of Scientology totally forbids their members reading about Scientology on the internet or in books not authored by Hubbard.

WHY DON'T SCIENTOLOGISTS EASILY FIGURE THIS RACKET OUT?

Answer: Because they have a fixed dedicated glare. Fanatically fixed. Fixed, so that they are rigidly bolted, cemented, chained and permanently welded into the mindset Hubbard promised would result (later on) in "total freedom".

HelluvaHoax!

HOW SCIENTOLOGY TWICE SAVED MANKIND
BY STOPPING THE TWO GREATEST VIRAL PANDEMICS
To EVER THREATEN ALL LIFE ON THIS PLANET!
(by handing out pamphlets)

THE VIRAL COVID PANDEMIC

SUCCESS STORY
"Yesterday I read Dr. Hubbard's tech on washing my hands.
By applying that miraculous tech I was able to not die. Thus,
today I signed a billion year contract, so we can spread

Ron's life saving technology to everyone on this planet!"
- - -

THE VIRAL BLOWVID PANDEMIC

SUCCESS STORY
"Yesterday I read Dr. Hubbard's tech on stopping the viral
spread of entheta by SPs and disaffected DBs. Thus, today
I disconnected from my spouse and children who've been telling

some outpoints about Scientology they read on the internet."
- - -

SUMMARY
It's Scientology. They're
stopping bad things from going viral,
thru
Isolation/Disconnection (same thing).

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

From another thread discussing the latest controversial Twitter
comments from outspoken Scientology celebrity Kirstie Alley.
And about HelluvaHoax's years-old ranking of Kirstie as--
"THE #1 SCN CELEBRITY MOST LIKELY TO BLOW"
- - -

I checked with Kirstie about your prediction and this was her reply:
LOL, just kidding. I hope your prediction is accurate. It would all be very entertaining, and she could do a lot of good on waking up still-in Scientologists. Some would run for the exits and follow her.

Hell-Yeah! We'll just have to wait and see which way the wind "blows" Kirstie.

- - Either in the direction of blowing from the human race and becoming an OT (Operating Thetan).​
- - Or, in the direction of blowing from the cult and becoming a BT (Blown Thetan).​

That brings up the following puzzling paradox. . .

Cult members are simultaneously the EASIEST and
the MOST DIFFICULT people in the world to predict.
Because they got drunk on koolaid and they're now DUI.

(Deciding Under the Influence of an infallible guru)

However, here's why Kirstie is currently ranked
"The #1 most likely Scn celeb to blow"

Because Kirstie already demonstrated her ability to
successfully blow from ANOTHER Orwellian mind-control cult...

(the SJW-TDS cancel-culture industrial complex)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

NOMINATED FOR SPECIAL HONORS IN THE CATEGORY OF
SPECTACULARLY SUSTAINED SCIENTOLOGY STUPID
(1967 - 2021)

In 1967, just after founding the Sea Organization (to Clear the planet) and discovering the ultimate secret of the universe (OT III), L. Ron Hubbard released an even more spectacular level. OT VI. The level that delivered on Scientology's most miraculous promise of "exteriorization".

The ability to move outside one's physical body with full visualization and travel to the furthest edges of the entire universe! Here is what Ron guaranteed in his own words!

The original promises about going exterior were abundantly detailed in the books and lectures of the early 1950s. But nobody, not even one person, was able to demonstrate the state of exterior.

Then in '67 Dr Hubbard once again swore he unlocked the cosmic riddle that prevented Scientologists from going exterior. So, Scientologist cheered and bought OT VI. For the next 15 years or so, nobody went exterior on OT VI.

But Ron solved that problem too.

By canceling OT VI and not talking about it any more.

He then had another major breakthrough and replaced OT IV, OT V, OT VI, OTVII with something called "Ned for OTs". The subject of exteriorization no longer even existed on any of the OT levels. Try clay demoing that paradox!

If you were to ask any Scientologist whether the original 1967 OT VI failed to deliver what Ron promised, what do you think their response would be?

ANSWER: They would deny that Ron's tech didn't work. They would laugh at the idea that anyone should get a refund when they didn't go exterior. And they'd most likely explain that "Ron was so OT that he overestimated humans' case state--and went out gradient". Good r-factor to tell defrauded customers that they not only lost their money but that they are a DB too.

CULT CURIOSITY: The answer to why Hubbard failed was always that he was a spectacular OT, so amazing that it's beyond your human comprehension. Like the time Hubbard dropped dead and all Scientologists were given a briefing and told that Ron is soooooo OT that his body was an encumbrance that was limiting his miraculous mojo. So naturally he had to kill the body and fly into deep space. Do not worry if this seems impossibly nutty, because Scientologists can clay demo it for you and bring your awareness up.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
What did David Mayo have to say about all this?

"So in my experience as a C/S and auditor over the years I have not known​
people to achieve what we would call OT powers. I'll describe what I​
have seen. I've seen people get some intuition occasionally, but not​
being able to do it at will. And I've seen some people have some​
telepathy. But it usually happens without their deciding to make it​
happen. And if the person decided, I'm going to read somebody else's​
mind, I've actually never seen somebody be able to do that--not at will.​
I've seen it happen occasionally, by accident but not at will. So there​
some things that can be achieved and there are some things that, in my​
experience anyway, I've not seen achieved."​
. . .​
"I audited L. Ron Hubbard probably for the longest period of time that
anybody has ever audited him. He had a goal to go exterior. After​
one session he thought that he might have gone exterior and he told me​
and described what he saw outside the room; which was a moonlit night​
with the trees and stars and so on. He wanted to go outside, wanted me​
to come with him [and] go outside and see if that's what he saw, if it​
was there. We went outside--it was pitch black and [we] couldn't see​
anything. So, the result was we're still going to work on him going​
exterior. I'm not telling you this to say that nobody else has gone​
exterior because I know people have. But if you haven't gone exterior​
or if you haven't gone exterior with full perception I want you to know​
that you're not the only one."​
David Mayo 1986 talk in Germany (transcribed from audio)*

* link safe -- scanned at VirusTotal

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

What did David Mayo have to say about all this?

"So in my experience as a C/S and auditor over the years I have not known​
people to achieve what we would call OT powers. I'll describe what I​
have seen. I've seen people get some intuition occasionally, but not​
being able to do it at will. And I've seen some people have some​
telepathy. But it usually happens without their deciding to make it​
happen. And if the person decided, I'm going to read somebody else's​
mind, I've actually never seen somebody be able to do that--not at will.​
I've seen it happen occasionally, by accident but not at will. So there​
some things that can be achieved and there are some things that, in my​
experience anyway, I've not seen achieved."​
. . .​
"I audited L. Ron Hubbard probably for the longest period of time that
anybody has ever audited him. He had a goal to go exterior. After​
one session he thought that he might have gone exterior and he told me​
and described what he saw outside the room; which was a moonlit night​
with the trees and stars and so on. He wanted to go outside, wanted me​
to come with him [and] go outside and see if that's what he saw, if it​
was there. We went outside--it was pitch black and [we] couldn't see​
anything. So, the result was we're still going to work on him going​
exterior. I'm not telling you this to say that nobody else has gone​
exterior because I know people have. But if you haven't gone exterior​
or if you haven't gone exterior with full perception I want you to know​
that you're not the only one."​
David Mayo 1986 talk in Germany (transcribed from audio)*

* link safe -- scanned at VirusTotal

I have not tried to follow all the "technical developments" over Scientology's last few decades--but as far as I know there are only a couple actions on the GRADE CHART where "exteriorization" is a must-EP.

1. I think at one time one of the objective processes (perhaps Op Pro By Dup) was put on the HQS course and run to "exterior". I don't know what HQS newbies were attesting to but they for damn sure were not exterior! LOL​
2. Hubbards infamous promo piece where he bragged that when he was c/sing on the ship, nobody on the "L's" rundowns was "allowed to leave the ship" unless they had achieve "exteriorization with full perception and able to maintain it". People attested to that too, although they assuredly never achieved superpower.​

This is a very big clue about Scientologists. They attest with great fanfare and jubilance and certainty about attaining super-powers they didn't attain.

Consider for a moment the nearly superhuman levels of stupidity a cult would have to have for nobody to attain any superpowers at all---when that is all they have been selling and bragging about for 71 years!

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
People attested to that too, although they assured did not achieve that superpower.
I've quizzed quite a few L's folks at the top of the bridge directly about this . . . nada.
Was very disappointed at the time.

One little bit of forgotten lore you didn't mention is that Ron put his brother Don
into harness after he failed to get that EP on his own L's subjects and the brother
apparently failed as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
~ click on image to view larger ~

quote-2006.jpg

Last edited: