The Scientologirl Independent Scientology YouTube channel associated with the Advanced Organization of the Great Plains

Veda

It's not the same today as 40 years ago. The internet has changed things enormously. You have a vast amount of information available in a matter of seconds. Quite different than having to visit a library which may or may not have critical books on the shelves.
When I visited my local library, long before the existence of the Internet, there was an enormous amount of written material from magazines - on Hubbard, Dianetics, and Scientology - stored in the library's archives. There were enormous reference books that listed materials by subject. After locating the material, and asking the Librarian, I was given the requested magazines, one after the other.

This was bulkier and more time consuming than surfing the Net with a computer, but it was not difficult.

What's striking to me is that, despite having all this information available - and having read it, and I spent days reading - my very subjective, and limited, experiences with Scientology, with Hubbard's books and a few people I liked, who were also Scientologists, were enough, for me, at that time, to discount everything negative that I had read.

This same thing is happening today.

A person meets a Scientologist, and the Scientologist creates a good impression. A person reads something and it makes sense, or experiences a technique and it seems to work.

None of the very extensive negative material I had read in the library warned me about any of that.

Even still it seems they are able to bring in a few new people.

ESMB had a much more diverse set of inhabitants in its early days. It would please me greatly if we had more members. Even the Leons, Mark Bakers and BB's. Time marches on and people move on too. A few more Gadflys and Lionhearts would be most welcome.

Carry on! Free speech is alive and well here.

Bill

Think about it.
No.

You keep trying to make a point and it just isn't working. True Believers and dabblers can come here and I, for one, will always treat them with respect.

I do not and will not treat Hubbard's lies and Hubbard's crimes and Hubbard's failed tech with any kind of respect. Hubbard and his "tech" should be exposed for what they are. Every time.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Expressing an opinion or making a suggestion is not attempted editing or censoring. What nonsense!
Hey Veda, you keep saying you want more members. Sounds good.

Instead of spending so much time/effort trying to correct the opinions that others post, why don't you instead focus on writing more material that attracts more people to come here?

In my view, membership is a function of how entertaining and/or thought provoking the material is. If Scientologists or Indie Scientologists leave this website it's because they cannot tolerate people disagreeing with them. No mystery there---that's an extremely well-known personality flaw that Hubbardites have--they have a tone 40 intention to be "TOTAL CAUSE" over everyone else. LOL

Last edited:

Veda

Hey Veda, you keep saying you want more members. Sounds good.

Instead of spending so much time/effort trying to correct the opinions that others post, why don't you instead focus on writing more material that attracts more people to come here?

In my view, membership is a function of how entertaining and/or thought provoking the material is. If Scientologists or Indie Scientologists leave this website it's because they cannot tolerate people disagreeing with them. No mystery there---that's an extremely well-known personality flaw that Hubbardites have--they have a tone 40 intention to be "TOTAL CAUSE" over everyone else. LOL

Be a little diplomatic and they won't leave so often.

People change. Be tolerant.

You were once them.