Scientology's New Aeon: The Golden Age of Tech

Caroline

clerk #2
GAT Brochure (1996)_0000.jpg
View/download at archive.org

CSI said:
WELCOME TO THE GOLDEN AGE OF TECH

The dawning of a new age for all SCIENTOLOGISTS is here. The skills and knowledge vital to your eternity can be acquired faster and easier than you ever dreamed possible.

A new breed of auditor is at hand…and if you can read these paragraphs, that perfect auditor can be you.

Behind that statement is a path to auditing excellence that will turn you into the kind of SCIENTOLOGIST TM you’ve always wanted to be—a living embodiment of LRH TM tech.

It is a path you’ve always known you must travel, but never conceived it could be so effortless—so accessible.

For the fact is, whether or not you have ever touched an E-METER TM, you can be one of the best auditors on Earth—bar none.

That’s why, when we speak of a Golden Age of Tech, we are speaking of a new dawn illuminating the path to flawless application for every SCIENTOLOGIST on Earth—a new dawn of knowing and using pure truth.

What makes this new dawn possible are three revolutionary training tools that bring a whole new meaning to the words, competence, certainty and “speed of progress up THE BRIDGE®.”

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
From memory "Drills, drills, drills and the continual repetition of the important data, handles this problem of 'don't know, can't apply."

Drills binders out the wazoo.

Read simulators.

Rediscovered tech, such as HCOB "Handling A Read."

Super supervisors and word clearers.

New things to buy!!!!!!!

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I remember the Student Hat course had a final drill, with around 100 questions. You had to go through the drill without a hesitation or comm lag, or flunk a question, from number one to number 100, for a pass. It was a Wed night (of course), and I was drilling a nice young lady. We had been through it maybe five or six times, she had gotten all the questions right this time through, and we were on question ninety-nine, which she got right. I asked question one hundred, she was so excited that she comm lagged, put her head down on the table and began to cry uncontrollably. Of course, I gave her a flunk.

Edit: I wish I made this story up. But it's true.

Caroline

clerk #2
Who is the inspiration for Standard Tech Drills? [That reads.]

Church of Scientology International said:
STANDARD TECH DRILLS TO MAKE YOU A PERFECT AUDITOR

How good should an auditor be the first time he or she faces a preclear in session?

Well, how good should an airline pilot be the first time he takes off with a planeload of passengers? Or a doctor the first time she treats a patient? Or an actor the first time he walks out on stage to a packed hall?

For the true professional, there is only one answer.

Perfect.

But wait a minute, you may be thinking. Don’t you have to audit for years and years and years, experience every possible session situation, make every possible mistake, until you’re finally flubless?

How could you possibly be a perfect auditor before you took a single preclear in session?

The answer is drilling. LRH says "the key to professionalism is DRILL."

That airline pilot, before he takes a plane up for the first time, has drilled his instruments, controls and flight procedure to the point of complete unshakable certainty.

And it should be the same for an auditor.

Yes, you may be saying, of course drilling is important, but what is different about these new drills?

LRH says in the HCO" Bulletin of 24 May 1968, COACHING, "Coach with reality."

But what was that reality?

You were drilling with another student. A student, like you, who had never audited the material you were learning.

This is what we call "the blind leading the blind." And by that, we mean one untrained, inexperienced person drilling another equally untrained and inexperienced person.

Can you imagine training an airline pilot by taking two trainees, neither of whom had ever flown a plane, and having them drill each other on flight procedure and possible situations that might come up in flight? How real do you think that drilling would be? Would they really be challenging each other?

No, you'd want that pilot to be drilled by a veteran
"top gun."
In fact, you'd want him to be drilled by the best pilot you could find!

And what would that ideal coach be like?

He would know his tech cold. He would know every possible situation that could come up in session and he could drill you on them hard, with complete reality, until you knew how to handle every one perfectly. He could give you the exact Source reference in an instant. And when you passed the drill, you'd know you had it, without a shadow of a doubt—because you'd been passed by the best.

The ideal coach, in short, would be LRH himself.

But here's the point: how can you—and every Scientologist—be that ideal coach?

The revolutionary breakthrough that makes that possible is a series of complete, pre‑packaged drills which are totally scripted from beginning to end.

What, exactly, do we mean by "drill"? We mean an exactly laid out routine, a standard procedure. A pilot, for instance, has an exact procedure he goes through to make sure his plane is ready—a pre‑flight checklist. When he's learning to fly, he goes through this procedure over and over, learning and drilling every right thing to do, until he has it cold. In this way, he learns to fly and never makes any errors.

And so it is with Standard Tech Drills. No matter your training level, no matter your technical knowledge, with these new drills, you can coach with all the reality of a top technical expert. Easily.

All you have to do is follow the instructions.

They tell you exactly what to do, leaving absolutely no room for opinion or verbal tech.

Each drill includes the correct answers so you know if your twin has it right. And if he doesn't, the LRH reference is right there on

[image and caption:]

The tools to make you a perfect auditor - 40 volumes of Standard Tech Drills—over 3,600 pages—covering every auditing skill from basic meter theory and study tech to running an ARC break to the most advanced procedures. These drills form an exact road to flawless application.

the drill sheet so you can correct him and find his MUs. Instantly.

When you've completed the drill, you and your twin will have it perfectly. Not so you "feel good about it"—so you have it completely and utterly stone-cold perfect—from beginning to end.

And that goes for every auditing skill you will learn. From how to clean up an ARC Break to auditing Grades processes to making Clears with NEW ERA DIANETICS®. And much, much more than that. In fact, there are drills for every action you will ever do as an auditor.

You drill each skill on a gradient, using progressively more difficult types of drills. You master each skill step by step, building your own rock-solid certainty higher and higher and higher.

And at each step, you have it perfectly.

And here's the amazing point. It doesn't take longer to complete courses. In fact it takes far less time to train this way. Why? Because there's no waffling, no confusions.

You only learn it once.

The right way.

And when you've got it, the true riches of LRH technology are yours forever, under your total command.

To create a truly Golden Age of technical application.

You will be a perfect auditor.

And that is as certain as the rising of the sun.

archive.org

Caroline

clerk #2
I remember the Student Hat course had a final drill, with around 100 questions. You had to go through the drill without a hesitation or comm lag, or flunk a question, from number one to number 100, for a pass. It was a Wed night (of course), and I was drilling a nice young lady. We had been through it maybe five or six times, she had gotten all the questions right this time through, and we were on question ninety-nine, which she got right. I asked question one hundred, she was so excited that she comm lagged, put her head down on the table and began to cry uncontrollably. Of course, I gave her a flunk.

Edit: I wish I made this story up. But it's true.
Your story rings true. I got a taste of the GAT training procedure, and found it more strenuous and depersonalizing, especially the verbatim drills. I never made it to the "Living embodiment" level.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Your story rings true. I got a taste of the GAT training procedure, and found it more strenuous and depersonalizing, especially the verbatim drills. I never made it to the "Living embodiment" level.
What the GAT was trying to make you into was something that would be able to do the right thing in session without having to think about it.

I had heard that as a win from many students, they didn't have to "think." I guess automatic sounds good to some. Maybe you don't always think about driving a car, but actually I kind of drive a car by thinking and looking.

Guys and gals that had been auditing for years suddenly lost their ability to audit if they weren't doing the line up. I can't recall how long they gave people to get through the "certainty" courses.

Now let's talk about the new and improved Mark Super 7 Quantum e-meters. The upgrade was mostly harmless and fairly cheap that I recall, not like the Basics event, where the five meters that we had were no longer obsolete in an instant.

Dex G

From 1950 forward, every next iteration of Dianetics, promoted as "advances", increased the time (and thereby, the expense) required to process the original item. By the time I trained on "New Era Dianetics" ("NED") in 1981, a new "preassessment" step was added, in which you would separately run each sensation/discomfort that you could get the meter to read on, effectively multiplying the amount of time and money spent before you were done with the original item. When GAT came out, I was somewhere between "inactive" and "disaffected", and someone showed me the Golden Age of Tech pack, anticipating that I would be wowed and eager to jump back in; I looked at one page, in which an exact script of responses was given with which to respond to a given comment by the PC; in other words, auditors were now degraded to the point where they weren't even trusted to respond appropriately on their own to anything voiced by the PC. I was inwardly disgusted, handed the pack back and said something like, "Thanks, interesting".

Caroline

clerk #2

YOU DON'T HAVE A QUANTUM YET?

DON'T YOU WANT TO MAKE IT TO OT?

Of course you do. The faster the better. But do you have what it takes to make it the whole way?

Listen to the facts:
FACT: There are no meters in the between-lives area. You've got to make it to full OT this time around. And whatever else you need to do that, one thing is certain: you need a MARK SUPER VII QUANTUM TM E-METER.
FACT: The Quantum is the biggest advance in the history of metering.
FACT: The Quantum is the "read magnifier" and gives you large, precise mater reads that you can immediately identify.
FACT: The Quantum has automatically self-adjusting variable sensitivity which means the size of the reads won't change due to TA position.
FACT: The Quantum is the E-Meter TM LRH wanted everyone to have.
FACT: There are no valid reasons to not have the one object in this universe that's going to travel with you on your journey to full OT.
The fact is, your eternity depens on what you do here and now. Deciding to do something about it is just one step in the right direction. You need the tool that guarantees your eternity.

- Get a Quantum.
NEW COPPER TEAL

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT. NOW GET IT.
The Mark Super VII Quantum is the biggest advance in the history of the E-Meter. And it's the one meter that will take you all the way to the highest OT levels, with ease.​
Why?​
On all other meter models from the Mark V to the Mark Super VII, the size of meter reads changes as the Tone Arm changes. For example, as the Tone Arm goes down, reads get bigger. And as the Tone Arm goes up, they get smaller. In fact, they can get very small. And even disappear.​
And when you're trillions of years down the whole track, locked in the mother of all incidents, you only have your meter to rely on, to find that charge - so you'd better be able to find the read.​
Up until now, there was no meter in existence that could show big, clear reads no matter what the TA position. Earth's computer technology just wasn't advanced enough for what LRH had envisioned: an ideal meter with computerized, automatically-adjusting variable sensitivity.​
But science has at last caught up with LRH's vision of a perfect meter. And that meter is here.​
The Quantum.​
It magnifies those tiny or invisible reads so they are big, clear and unmistakable. So you find that charge. And blow it away forever.​
The Mark Super VII Quantum E-Meter gives you the ability to look down the whole track and peg incidents trillions of years old, with reads so large they're impossible to miss.​
And what does that mean to your eternity? Everything.​
So if you haven't got your Mark Super VII Quantum yet, sit back and take a look. A good, hard look. Because your eternity in native state is nothing to fool with.​
Go into your local org. Ask to see a demonstration of the Quantum. And see the video which explains the Quantum breakthrough in full.​
Then get your Mark Super VII Quantum. And prepare to be blown away by the results.​

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
From 1950 forward, every next iteration of Dianetics, promoted as "advances", increased the time (and thereby, the expense) required to process the original item. By the time I trained on "New Era Dianetics" ("NED") in 1981, a new "preassessment" step was added, in which you would separately run each sensation/discomfort that you could get the meter to read on, effectively multiplying the amount of time and money spent before you were done with the original item. When GAT came out, I was somewhere between "inactive" and "disaffected", and someone showed me the Golden Age of Tech pack, anticipating that I would be wowed and eager to jump back in; I looked at one page, in which an exact script of responses was given with which to respond to a given comment by the PC; in other words, auditors were now degraded to the point where they weren't even trusted to respond appropriately on their own to anything voiced by the PC. I was inwardly disgusted, handed the pack back and said something like, "Thanks, interesting".
Thanks for that comment, Dex. I did the new Dianetics course (NED) when it came out too, but didn't have much experience with that Preassessment list and other revisions to the Dianetics process. (I mostly audited people who were at OT 3 and above.)

The scripted aspect of tech delivery bothered me too. I remember listening to a student on a GAT drill, rattling off dozens of variations of a single sec check question without any sign that she was actually thinking about or consciously composing the questions she was asking. But that was actually the point: to not have to think about it.

CSI said:
THEORY DRILLS
KNOW LRH’s TECHNOLOGY ON STUDY AND METERING AS WELL AS YOU KNOW YOUR OWN NAME

Do you recall, in school, attempting to cram a whole term's worth of data into your head the night before an exam? Reading, reading, reading—trying to remember all the names, the dates, the places?

It didn't work, did it?

Why not?

Because you never drilled it.

Theory Drilling is a brand new breakthrough. It's not theory study. It isn't a test. It's the application of drilling to learning the theory of a subject.

It's fast. And laser precise.

It tracks down misunderstoods and blows them away.

And in less time than it took you to cram for that school exam, you've mastered a whole subject.

Vital subjects.

Like Study Tech.

Or the basics of an E METER.

And you know it so well you don't have to think about it. You don't have to "try to remember it."

It's yours.

Always.
archive.org

Caroline

clerk #2
Some references to Scientology's "new aeon" from the Golden Age of Tech brochure:
The dawning of a new age for all SCIENTOLOGISTS is here. (p. 2)
It is a path you’ve always known you must travel, but never conceived it could be so effortless—so accessible. (p. 2)
That’s why, when we speak of a Golden Age of Tech, we are speaking of a new dawn illuminating the path to flawless application for every SCIENTOLOGIST on Earth—a new dawn of knowing and using pure truth. (p. 2)
What makes this new dawn possible are three revolutionary training tools that bring a whole new meaning to the words, competence, certainty and “speed of progress up THE BRIDGE®.” (p. 2)
So welcome to the Golden Age of Tech and the era in which your dreams as a SCIENTOLOGIST will come true—for real, for keeps. (p. 3)
What you will read in the pages to follow very factually signals the dawning of a new world and your new future as a perfectly trained SCIENTOLOGIST. It will also, very factually, change the face of this civilization, while bringing a whole new reality to the phrase, Let’s clear planet Earth once and for all.(p. 3)
And when you've got it, the true riches of LRH technology are yours forever, under your total command.To create a truly Golden Age of technical application. You will be a perfect auditor. And that is as certain as the rising of the sun. (p. 5)
The most important data for an auditor to know is what question to ask the preclear. Because in those questions lies the core of LRH technology—a closely taped path leading the preclear out of the labyrinth, into the bright dawn. And just like a guide, the auditor must know exactly which path to take. Without hesitation, without error. (p. 8)
THE STANDARD TECH PROCEDURE DRILLS
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Your preclear is down the track, deep in the abyss of his aberrations. You are leading him out, step by step. But suddenly, something's wrong . . . your preclear is bogged down in total blackness . . . WHAT DO YOU DO? (p. 9)
And once you've drilled with this computerized wonder, you're really ready for take-off—into a bright new dawn of certainty. (p. 11)
With STANDARD TECH drilling, a new age is dawning—your Golden Age of technical application—where you gain a certainty you will carry with you into eternity.(p. 12)
The new HUBBARD Professional MARK SUPER VII QUANTUM E-METER turns the perpetual darkness of Terra Incognita into brilliant daylight. With it, you have a clarity of vision never before possible: it lights your way along the WHOLE TRACK and through the bank with HUGE, unmistakable reads.(p. 14)
Without a Quantum, you're in the dark. Step into the Golden Age—get yours and SEE. (p. 15)
As an auditor, you've been out in the trenches of life. [...] For you, the dawning of this new Golden Age is especially profound. (p. 16)
My purpose is to bring a barbarism out of the mud it thinks conceived it and to form, here on Earth, a civilization based on human understanding, not violence. That's a big purpose. A broad field. A star-high goal. But I think it's your purpose too. L. Ron Hubbard Founder (p. 27)
The Training Bridge is the route that takes you into a new world and a Golden Age. (p. 30)
This is a new age. An age where you WILL become a flubless auditor, just as surely as the new dawn will greet your next tomorrow. (p. 31)
A new era has arrived where any SCIENTOLOGIST worth the name will be a perfect auditor. An auditor who can take whatever life dishes out, because he knows the tech – all the tech – cold. The technical breakthroughs we now have virtually guarantee you the ability to audit perfectly. It’s the single greatest profession the universe has ever known, and freeing beings will benefit your survival in every possible way. As a Field Auditor, you’ll change the lives of those around you and help create a new Golden Age. (p. 34)

lotus

Gone away from madness!
I routed out in June 1996, just before this madness arrived.

:woohoo:
Ditto.
No way I would redo all the stuff.
The scam became suddenly so obvious that none on my cognitive dissonance would take it anymore.

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
Ditto.
No way I would redo all the stuff.
The scam became suddenly so obvious that none on my cognitive dissonance would take it anymore.
You were smarter than me. It took me years to figure out it was a scam.

marra

The Golden Age Of Tech came out just at the time they were starting to really piss me off. They didn't even bother telling me I needed to do it because they must have known what my response would be.

I walked out soon after this BS arrived.