New York George (Restaurant next to ASHO)

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
"New York George" was a restaurant across from Big Blue that I remember from the mid 1980's.

It was a nice place, good food at decent prices, lots of Scientologists ate there while they were getting services. For some reason, I thought of it today.

Anybody remember it?

It went out of business after a while. I always suspected that somebody in Scn management disliked the idea of somebody making money off of Scn "foot traffic", and made life impossible for them.
 
"New York George" was a restaurant across from Big Blue that I remember from the mid 1980's.

It was a nice place, good food at decent prices, lots of Scientologists ate there while they were getting services. For some reason, I thought of it today.

Anybody remember it?

It went out of business after a while. I always suspected that somebody in Scn management disliked the idea of somebody making money off of Scn "foot traffic", and made life impossible for them.

They advertised for lunch in the LA weeklyScreen Shot 2026-09-26 at 8.55.12 PM.webp



​
 
Last edited:
This thread is making me hungry....!

Sure I remember it.....used to eat there on occasion.

Was the owner a $cien member? Any relation to George's General Store...?
 
This thread is making me hungry....!

Sure I remember it.....used to eat there on occasion.

Was the owner a $cien member? Any relation to George's General Store...?
I remember George's General Store back in 82. I sold my course room Mark V meter to them. They'd study packs etc and I didn't know how they got away with underselling the bookstore in the Org for those materials.

AFAIK, the restaurant wasn't associated with the actual ones in NYC which shared the name. Too bad that having customers from the cherch eventually ran others off. The owners had to know staff hadn't much money, but at the same time, the. patrons wanted to toss it away hand over fist.

In Miami there was that Ronnie's Restaurant which was a sister establishment to the one in NY and LA . It had the Jewish ambiance all the way, with pickles and deli items placed onto the center of the table. If you came it with a bunch of other students just to order sandwiches, the waitress would remove all that good stuff, as it was a compliment for the entre's. Dagnabbit.
 
Back
Top