New OT levels vs Original OT levels

Hatshepsut

Rick and Minty Alexander were both OT 6 in 1969. That means they were involved, at least, a couple of years before that. A rough estimate would place Minty Alexander at fifty-four years of membership in Scientology Inc.

Now she's pushing the Ls as giving OT power, immortality, new life and no limits. The ultimate ego trip.

Do we get to track Greg Paszkiewicz to see how he's doing in three years?

Well you can ask course graduate George White how he did after three years.

Zertel

No Zertel, this wasn't my first rodeo. I was a member of the original ESMB and posted quite a few messages here before that one.

And I don't mind satire, J&D, lampoons, sarcasm or even outright suppression as much as some might imagine. Which is not the same as saying I'll necessarily contribute to them, since we all have different goals.

I'm still here, but it's sometimes wise to stand back from an avalanche. Meanwhile I've kept busy with day-to-day matters like running OT IV, studying longevity - I'm a big fan of Prof. David Sinclair Ph.D. - and baking apple cakes and pizza. You know, just daily living and stuff.
Attachments
  • Basic Pizza.jpg
"I'm still here, but it's sometimes wise to stand back from an avalanche." laughter

Now that the worst abuses of the C of S and Hubbard's lies are widely known saying anything positive about the subject usually results in a shitstorm of protest.

I once posted that since scn covered such a broad range of subjects I find it useful as a "basis for comparison" to a lot of other subjects which caused someone to go apeshit on me. I guess he or she didn't find scn useful for anything. Maybe just poor wording on my part.

The pizza looks great! I started my scn adventure in Salt Lake City which has the worst pizza in the world. I guess no full blooded Italian ever landed there to teach the locals how to make a delicious pizza.

Last edited:

haiqu

The pizza looks great! I started my scn adventure in Salt Lake City which has the worst pizza in the world. I guess no full blooded Italian ever landed there to teach the locals how to make a delicious pizza.
I'm surprised that someone didn't accuse me of squirreling, after all it contains pineapple. And despite the Aussie love of pineapple on pizza, that particular aberration originated from a Greek chef in Canada who wanted to make it a bit more tropical.

It's easy enough to make. I use a breadmaker to mix the dough, which simplifies matters. Just takes a bit of planning to have all the right ingredients handy. My best-kept secret is to use dried tomatoes in olive oil as one of the toppings. :)

Riddick

I clap to no man
One of the Flag IAS reges at the Sand Castle back around 2008 - the cute red head - can't remember her name, said she was a scio in previous life which is why she joined the SO. Mimsey
too funny, a person said this. Any proof? When I was on staff, many people claimed they were past life clears, myself included. It was bullshit. I ain't no past life clear.

D

Deleted member 51

I'm surprised that someone didn't accuse me of squirreling, after all it contains pineapple. And despite the Aussie love of pineapple on pizza, that particular aberration originated from a Greek chef in Canada who wanted to make it a bit more tropical.

It's easy enough to make. I use a breadmaker to mix the dough, which simplifies matters. Just takes a bit of planning to have all the right ingredients handy. My best-kept secret is to use dried tomatoes in olive oil as one of the toppings. :)
Cool you like making pizza. 👍 IMO, the home pizza trays with air slots work pretty well, I think pineapple isn’t a bad flavor, but other sauces work better with pineapple than tomato sauce.

Pizza crust itself is tricky. As a teen I worked at a popular Italian restaurant that made it the old fashioned way.

All dough was actually tossed and spun in the air for several minutes before baking. This is the art of the hand-tossed crust, because tossing puts air in the dough. Of course, yeast does as well, but that changes the taste and texture and it usually rises too high. The texture is too much like bread.

Our pizzas were cycled through the pizza oven at least twice. Always, the bottom crust was checked for the perfect crispness. Now, most pizza kitchens only run them through once. Not as good.

We occasionally froze dough, but frozen dough loses some elasticity and gets smaller from losing some air while freezing. It’s not as good as same day fresh.

What’s your favorite pizza?

mimsey borogrove

too funny, a person said this. Any proof? When I was on staff, many people claimed they were past life clears, myself included. It was bullshit. I ain't no past life clear.
if I could remember her name, I'd post it and you could call her up. Ask her the "hot dope" "the skinny" on her experience. That's why I said she was a red head - maybe someone here donoed to her. Would say - Oh - I know who you mean, it's....
Mimsey

mimsey borogrove

Cool you like making pizza. 👍 IMO, the home pizza trays with air slots work pretty well, I think pineapple isn’t a bad flavor, but other sauces work better with pineapple than tomato sauce.

Pizza crust itself is tricky. As a teen I worked at a popular Italian restaurant that made it the old fashioned way.

All dough was actually tossed and spun in the air for several minutes before baking. This is the art of the hand-tossed crust, because tossing puts air in the dough. Of course, yeast does as well, but that changes the taste and texture and it usually rises too high. The texture is too much like bread.

Our pizzas were cycled through the pizza oven at least twice. Always, the bottom crust was checked for the perfect crispness. Now, most pizza kitchens only run them through once. Not as good.

We occasionally froze dough, but frozen dough loses some elasticity and gets smaller from losing some air while freezing. It’s not as good as same day fresh.

Oh Psaw - Hawaiian pizza pineapple and Canadian ham - Ooo la la - ces't magnifique. Nourriture des dieux

But lately I buy frozen califlower pizza and doctor it a bit - yum. Just not the same though. :bigcry:

Mimsey

Not only is Hawaiian pizza not actually from Hawaii, it's not even from the United States. Sotirios (Sam) Panopoulos immigrated to Canada from Greece in 1954 and opened the Satellite Restaurant with his brother in London, Ontario. When the Satellite hired a Chinese–Canadian cook and started adding some sweet and savory dishes to the menu, the inspiration for pineapple on pizza was born.

Read More: Here Are The Facts About Hawaiian Pizza

pinapple (Medium).jpg

haiqu

Mine tend to have a lot of toppings. I'll eat pretty much any pizza, but I'm not a huge fan of anchovies (too salty) or salami (too chewy). Oh, and to hell with BBQ sauce, too (hideously sweet).

The one I made for lunch today had a base of tomato paste mixed with crushed garlic and olive oil, then a layer of shredded tasty cheese, then chopped white onion, sliced black olives, bacon bits, sun-dried tomato in olive oil, roasted capsicum (bell peppers), pineapple chunks, a thin layer of four-cheese blend on top and a sprinkle of oregano. That would be my typical home made pizza.

I cook in a gas oven at 180C (360F) for 35-40 minutes, using a perforated medium size tray. This is a slow cook but I prefer the outer rim to be crunchy while leaving the centre somewhat soft, so that it can be curled up and inserted like a cone into the mouth. Heavenly!

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
If you lightly oil unperforated pizza trays and then scatter a bit of semolina onto them the pizza won't stick, it will just slide off like magic.

@JustSheila ... what do you mean by cycling the pizza through the oven twice ... at what stage did you add the toppings and did it make the underneath cook better?

Also, I also freeze some and the best way I've found is to shape the dough into a ball after the second rise and then lightly oil it all over (I use olive oil) bag it, remove any air from the bag and then freeze. When you want to use it just allow it to defrost for a few hours and start to rise again, then flatten it into shape, it works perfectly, I almost always make more than I need so I can freeze some.

:)

D

Deleted member 51

If you lightly oil unperforated pizza trays and then scatter a bit of semolina onto them the pizza won't stick, it will just slide off like magic.

@JustSheila ... what do you mean by cycling the pizza through the oven twice ... at what stage did you add the toppings and did it make the underneath cook better?

Also, I also freeze some and the best way I've found is to shape the dough into a ball after the second rise and then lightly oil it all over (I use olive oil) bag it, remove any air from the bag and then freeze. When you want to use it just allow it to defrost for a few hours and start to rise again, then flatten it into shape, it works perfectly, I almost always make more than I need so I can freeze some.

Nice trick with the pizza tray oil and semolina! I’ll try it.

The big pizza ovens rotate in a circle. Local pizza places around here normally only let the pizza through one rotation. I didn’t mean a regular oven.

You’re an experienced chef, the toppings are a trick, aren’t they? Too much topping and the crust gets soggy or is undercooked. Judging the right amount of crust and toppings is another art all by itself - you’re right about that.

I’ve always put all the toppings on first. Do you have a trick for this?

Too much cheese on pizza makes it greasy, too. We actually used to soak up some of the cheese grease on top with paper towels when an extra cheese pizza came out of the big pizza oven.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Nice trick with the pizza tray oil and semolina! I’ll try it.

The big pizza ovens rotate in a circle. Local pizza places around here normally only let the pizza through one rotation. I didn’t mean a regular oven.

You’re an experienced chef, the toppings are a trick, aren’t they? Too much topping and the crust gets soggy or is undercooked. Judging the right amount of crust and toppings is another art all by itself - you’re right about that.

I’ve always put all the toppings on first. Do you have a trick for this?

Too much cheese on pizza makes it greasy, too. We actually used to soak up some of the cheese grease on top with paper towels when an extra cheese pizza came out of the big pizza oven.
Ahhhh OK, I didn't realise you were talking about a special oven, I misunderstood completely ... one trick I've found that works is to get the pizza into the pre-heated oven ASAP once it's ready to be cooked so that it doesn't get chance to start rising again because a thin crisp crust is best as you mention above ... I've tried spinning it in the air but I'm rubbish at it (lol). Also whenever I'm kneading pizza (or bread) instead of shaking extra flour onto the board I often use a little olive oil instead. It really works well, stops it from sticking to the board, adds flavour and prevents the dough drying out from too much flour.

Yes, I put the toppings on just before it goes into the oven and (like you) I think less is more, the only thing I add once it's cooked is some fresh rocket or basil leaves.

I freeze well wrapped, pre-cut cheese for pizza (mozzarella) because I don't make pizza often enough to use it all at once and it doesn't keep well in the fridge ... actually I freeze just about everything, I love my freezer. I freeze any leftover bolognaise sauce I've made and use a small amount of that on pizza sometimes too.

HelluvaHoax!

posted by SuperstarNeilC

JEEZ THAT IS SUPER IDEAL!
Scientology is now releasing promo that looks like a poster
for the next Marvel Comics action movie! They've even got their
very own "LEAGUE OF HEROES" who wield world-saving
ideal powers, like the miraculous power to sell people
superpowers that the superheroes don't even have!

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..

LOL!

Sock Puppet -noun: 1. a simple hand puppet made from a sock. 2. a false identity, typically created by a person or group in order to promote their own opinions or views.

OSA Sock Puppet -noun: 1. (abbreviation OSA SP) A Scientology mark's senior, directly above them on the command channel, yet below mankind's greatest friends (Commodore/COB).

PRO TIP: Everyone on the discussion board must determine whether you are an OSA Sock Puppet or you are a DB mark that is PTS to all the cleverly hidden OS Sock Puppets operating and over-restimulating you on this board. The most efficient way to resolve this case condition is to apply the ethics conditions directly below "Confusion", which is the Condition of SP (Sock Puppetry). The formula is "Find out if you are an SP or a DB and get handled!"

Before I was sucked into Scn, I used to lover these sock puppets. Especially on a Saturday night when stoned...

Pepin

There has on occasion been some conversation amongst Scientologists about where the upper OT levels might be, and when they are likely to be released. Despite Pat Broeker's claim at the event of LRH's passing, apparently there do not exist any further levels written up after OT VIII. Pierre Ethier would disagree with this, but he's not infallible and seems to have taken LRH's "PR statements" - an act of kindness if there ever was one - about having made notes of levels up to OT XV to heart. If one does a thorough investigation it becomes plain that these levels are mostly a fantasy.

Ignoring the works of others like Capt. Bill Robertson, some have mentioned the possibility that the next thing to do after OT VIII would be the original OT levels. That's an interesting claim, because Original OT IV requires one to have done the Clearing Course, and the vast majority of pre-OTs these days have not done this route, having gone Clear on NED.

As Janis Gillham Grady - one of the "original four" members of the CMO - noted in a recent online interview, the Original OT levels are quite theta and fun, at least compared to NOTs which has a tendency to extend for years and involves 6-monthly Sec Checks and exorbitant expense. And despite my having attested Clear without having done the CC, my late C/S had the prescience to put me through it anyhow, a gift for which I can never thank him enough.

So, I'm now on Original OT IV and finding it quite enlightening. I no longer have a C/S and I'm running it solo, a method I don't recommend to the average bear. But since I'm not the average bear, it's a valid route for me. "What's true for you is true ... for you." - LRH

Since I am no longer bothered by "fleas" I will leave the decision of whether to run NOTs or Excalibur for a future date. The OTs I have admired most on my journey were impressive already well before NOTs was released, and that's good enough for me. And frankly I don't really have the desire to audit every being in the universe either.
Just a comment about the "other beings"

These are people who were with you and endured the same abuse, but you are the strongest of them all. You have the ability to help them, for you are awake, and they still sleep.

Veda

Just a comment about the "other beings"

These are people who were with you and endured the same abuse, but you are the strongest of them all. You have the ability to help them, for you are awake, and they still sleep.
That means you're part of the cluster.

How do you know there aren't other beings who think they are in charge?

Sounds like a formula for a kind of artificially induced schizophrenia.