Karen#1
Well-known member
Excerpt:
Chris Shelton continues his look into a new academic volume, an issue of the journal Implicit Religion dedicated to Scientology. Here’s his previous piece.
Today we are examining the second article of the recent special edition of Implicit Religion, this one penned by Dr. Bernard Doherty of Charles Stuart University in Australia. He is a religious studies scholar who has published on Christianity and whose interests (according to the university website) are “wide-ranging and include New Religious Movements, Patristics, Australian religious history, Church and State issues, religion and the media.” I’ll note as I did in my article last week that this man has no qualifications or apparent understanding of psychology or even sociology, and thus is approaching the analysis and criticism of Scientology purely from a religious studies perspective.~~~READ MORE
Chris Shelton continues his look into a new academic volume, an issue of the journal Implicit Religion dedicated to Scientology. Here’s his previous piece.
Today we are examining the second article of the recent special edition of Implicit Religion, this one penned by Dr. Bernard Doherty of Charles Stuart University in Australia. He is a religious studies scholar who has published on Christianity and whose interests (according to the university website) are “wide-ranging and include New Religious Movements, Patristics, Australian religious history, Church and State issues, religion and the media.” I’ll note as I did in my article last week that this man has no qualifications or apparent understanding of psychology or even sociology, and thus is approaching the analysis and criticism of Scientology purely from a religious studies perspective.~~~READ MORE