Hubbard and the Babalon Working

Caroline

clerk #2
Well I went thru the entire juicy sexcapes and couldn't find it. So the only other place I could have read that would be in one of McMurty's letters to Crowley saying Hubbard had gone off with Parson's wife. Betty (Sara) Northrup was never married to Parson's. But her sister was, but she made a baby with Smith. Parsons had impregnated both Sara and McMurty's wife and paid for abortions according to this link. Sheeesh.

I can't go thru all of what McMurty wrote right now. When he or someone else refers to Parson's 'wife' in 1943, I may be confused over which magickal mate he meant. McMurty might have had a chip on his shoulder about both magicians, Jack and Ron.

Having been a long-term heavy user of alcohol and marijuana, Parsons now habitually used cocaine, amphetamines, peyote, mescaline, and opiates as well.[40][41] Parson continued to have sexual relations with multiple women, including McMurtry's fiancée Claire. When Parsons paid for her to have an abortion, McMurtry was angered and their friendship broke down

It's all so confusing what these guys were doing. Eh hem.....from same link.

In December 1945 Parsons began a series of rituals based on Enochian magic during which he masturbated onto magical tablets, accompanied by Sergei Prokofiev's Second Violin Concerto. Describing this magical operation as the Babalon Working, he hoped to bring about the incarnation of Thelemite goddess Babalon onto Earth. He allowed Hubbard to take part as his "scribe", believing that he was particularly sensitive to detecting magical phenomena.[61] As described by Richard Metzger, "Parsons jerked off in the name of spiritual advancement" while Hubbard "scanned the astral plane for signs and visions.

View attachment 678
I doubt that Hubbard would have had qualms about having an affair with Helen, or anyone. A quote from reporter Nieson Himmel (John Carter's Sex and Rockets, pp. 103-4) comes to mind:

Parsons was living with a beautiful girl called Betty Northrup who I understand came from a rich family. She was beautiful, just lovely. This girl did not get married. Hubbard came in, he was irresistible to women, swept girls off their feet. There were other girls living there with guys and he went through them one by one. Finally he fastened onto Betty....
But really, I think this may imply as much about the situation at the Parsonage as it does about Hubbard's disposition. In what we have of Hubbard's affirmations that followed the Babalon Working, his ruin apparently was his reduced libido.

(e) Sexual feeling has been depressed by several things amounting to a major impasse. To cure ulcers of the stomach I was given testosterone and stilbesterol. These reduced my libido to nothing. While taking these drugs I fell in love with Sara. She can be most exciting sexually to me. Because of drugs as above and a hangover from my ex-wife Polly, I sometimes am unexcited by anything sexual. This depresses me.
On the other hand, he associated Testosterone with his masterful sexual abilities:

Testosterone blends easily with your own hormones. Your glands already make plenty of needed testosterone and by adding to that store you make yourself very thrilling and sexy. Testosterone increases your sexual interest and activity. It makes erections easier and harder and makes your own joy more intense. Stilbesterol in 5 mg doses makes you thrill more to music and color and makes you kinder. You have no fear of what any woman may think of your bed conduct. You know you are a master. You know they will be thrilled. You can come many times without weariness. The act does not reduce your vitality or brain power at all. You can come several times and still write. Intercourse does not hurt your chest or make you sore. Your arms are strong and do not ache in the act. Your own pleasure is not dependent on the woman’s. You are interested only in your own sexual pleasure. If she gets any that is all right but not vital. Many women are not capable of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect whatever upon your pleasure. Their bodies thrill you. If they repel you, it merely means they themselves are too frigid or prudish to be bothered with. They are unimportant in bed except as they thrill you. Your sexual power is magnificent and they know it. If they are afraid of it, that is their loss. You are not affected by it.
You have no fear if they conceive. What if they do? You do not care. Pour it into them and let fate decide.
The slipperier they are the more you enjoy it because it means their mucous is running madly with pleasure.
There is nothing wrong in the sex act. Nothing any woman may say can change your opinion. You are a master. You are as sensitive and sexy as Pan. Lord help women when you begin to fondle them. You are master of their bodies, master of their souls as you may consciously wish. You have no karma to pay for these acts. You cannot now accumulate karma for you are a master adept. Your voice is low and compelling to them. Singing to them, for you sing like a master, destroys their will to resist. You obey the conventions, you commit no crimes because you need not. You can be intelligently aware of their morals and the laws of the land and fit your campaign expertly within them.
Jack is also an adept. You love and respect him as a friend. He cannot take offense at what you do. You will not wrong him because you love him.
Hubbard also mentioned a "Helen" in the Affirmations, but I haven't seen anything that says this was Helen Parsons, and it seems unlikely:

In 1938-39 I met a girl in New York, Helen, who pleased me very much physically. I loved her and she me. The affair would have lasted had not Polly found out. Polly made things so miserable that I finally detested her and became detested by Helen, who two-timed me on my return to New York in 1941. This also reduced my libido. I have had Helen since but no longer want her. She does not excite me and I do not love her.
https://scientology-research.org/the-admissions-of-l-ron-hubbard-ca-1946

Hatshepsut

It's interesting that Parsons referred to himself in the second person also while writing his own affirmations.

Somehow sex must've been considered to open the gateway into our space-time here. Lol.... in a way, it's TRUE, for us getting born in this dimension.

"But I say that that perfect image in the heart of man is patterned by the awful lust in space-time that shapes all women, the insatiable and eternal lust of Pan that is BABALON."
-J.W. Parsons

Parsons’ Babalon gambit was dazzling to say the least: If the earth must first be covered in evil before the return of the Christ consciousness and the final triumph of good, what better way to hasten the uplifting of humanity than to rip an alchemical hole in the fabric of reality and invite the very spawn of Hell in for a rip-snorting orgy of howling madness?

I'm remembering a David Icke vid I watched last month where he cited the most evil groups in control of the world. A Jewish group who believed they had to usher in the worst murderous chaos in order to bring in the new aeon and the world saviour. Their beliefs say the new order and savior won't arrive til utter chaos and hopeless debauchery make it totally mandatory to save man. Sabbatean-Frankism, a cult. Their sacred orgies and the belief they were bringing in the new age. Kabbalists in a reverse mode.

Frankism was a Sabbatean Jewish religious movement of the 18th and 19th centuries,[1] centered on the leadership of the Jewish Messiah claimant Jacob Frank, who lived from 1726 to 1791. Frank rejected religious norms, and said his followers were obligated to transgress as many moral boundaries as possible
Redemption Through Sin.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
It's interesting that Parsons referred to himself in the second person also while writing his own affirmations.

Somehow sex must've been considered to open the gateway into our space-time here. Lol.... in a way, it's TRUE, for us getting born in this dimension.

"But I say that that perfect image in the heart of man is patterned by the awful lust in space-time that shapes all women, the insatiable and eternal lust of Pan that is BABALON."
-J.W. Parsons

Parsons’ Babalon gambit was dazzling to say the least: If the earth must first be covered in evil before the return of the Christ consciousness and the final triumph of good, what better way to hasten the uplifting of humanity than to rip an alchemical hole in the fabric of reality and invite the very spawn of Hell in for a rip-snorting orgy of howling madness?

I'm remembering a David Icke vid I watched last month where he cited the most evil groups in control of the world. A Jewish group who believed they had to usher in the worst murderous chaos in order to bring in the new aeon and the world saviour. Their beliefs say the new order and savior won't arrive til utter chaos and hopeless debauchery make it totally mandatory to save man. Sabbatean-Frankism, a cult. Their sacred orgies and the belief they were bringing in the new age. Kabbalists in a reverse mode.

Frankism was a Sabbatean Jewish religious movement of the 18th and 19th centuries,[1] centered on the leadership of the Jewish Messiah claimant Jacob Frank, who lived from 1726 to 1791. Frank rejected religious norms, and said his followers were obligated to transgress as many moral boundaries as possible
Redemption Through Sin.

Wow. It is helpful to understand that the range of ideas and behaviors that Parsons embraced (and apparently to some degree Hubbard) are really not unheard of or unique in the world. Thanks, Hatshepsut.

Parsons wrote to Crowley about Hubbard saying, "He is the most thelemic person I have ever met and is in complete accord with our own principles. He is also interested in establishing the New Aeon but for cogent reasons I have not introduced him to the Lodge..." (Sex and Rockets, p. 107)

Camille Paglia quoted Nibs as having "revealed that his father claimed to be Crowley's successor." Cults and Cosmic Consciousness: Religious Vision in the American 1960s.

From Hubbard's Admissions:

(c) I can have no doubts of my psychic powers. My magical ability is high and clear. I earned my titles and command.
(d) Any distaste I may have for Jack Parsons originated in a psychic experiment. Such distaste is foolish. He is my friend and comrade-in-arms. https://scientology-research.org/the-admissions-of-l-ron-hubbard-ca-1946/

It is plausible to me that Hubbard's "psychic experiment" could have been a contest for that successorship, and that this was the command he affirmed he had earned.

As a Scientologist, I never got the sense that Hubbard was forwarding any sort of movement beyond his own, and it wasn't until after Scientology that I got an inkling of this strange, occult affiliation with people who were establishing a new aeon.

Hatshepsut

Camille Paglia quoted Nibs as having "revealed that his father claimed to be Crowley's successor." Cults and Cosmic Consciousness: Religious Vision in the American 1960s.

From Hubbard's Admissions:

(c) I can have no doubts of my psychic powers. My magical ability is high and clear. I earned my titles and command.
(d) Any distaste I may have for Jack Parsons originated in a psychic experiment. Such distaste is foolish. He is my friend and comrade-in-arms. https://scientology-research.org/the-admissions-of-l-ron-hubbard-ca-1946/

It is plausible to me that Hubbard's "psychic experiment" could have been a contest for that successorship, and that this was the command he affirmed he had earned.

As a Scientologist, I never got the sense that Hubbard was forwarding any sort of movement beyond his own, and it wasn't until after Scientology that I got an inkling of this strange, occult affiliation with people who were establishing a new aeon.
I think Hubbard's drug abuse had robbed him of clarity and he couldn't self-inspect. He wouldn't have been anybody's successor anyway. Even the Buddha hadn't a clue to the very genius of Dianetics. Later on, Ron would use others to put his ideas into succinct paragraphs, pretending they were authored by him, even when they included the ideas of others. Being a successor to Crowley would have left Ron open to challengers who were also proud of their Thelemic side. He wouldn't have been shrouded in the guise of an inimitable, unsurpassable, peerless, ONLY one.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
I think Hubbard's drug abuse had robbed him of clarity and he couldn't self-inspect. He wouldn't have been anybody's successor anyway. Even the Buddha hadn't a clue to the very genius of Dianetics. Later on, Ron would use others to put his ideas into succinct paragraphs, pretending they were authored by him, even when they included the ideas of others. Being a successor to Crowley would have left Ron open to challengers who were also proud of their Thelemic side. He wouldn't have been shrouded in the guise of an inimitable, unsurpassable, peerless, ONLY one.
To the extent that Hubbard created a cult of personality, I think that a comprehensive psycho-biography would shed much more light on his disposition, motivations, shortcomings, genius, etc.

After the 1984 trial in Scientology v. Armstrong, in which many relevant documents about Hubbard were litigated, Judge Paul G. Breckenridge made the following determination:

The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background, and achievements. The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egoism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile. At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents. He has been referred to during the trial as a “genius,” a “revered person,” a man who was “viewed by his followers in awe.” Obviously, he is and has been a very complex person, and that complexity is further reflected in his alter ego, the Church of Scientology. Notwithstanding protestations to the contrary, this court is satisfied that LRH runs the Church in all ways through the Sea Organization, his role of Commodore, and the Commodore’s Messengers.3 He has, of course, chosen to go into “seclusion,” but he maintains contact and control through the top messengers. Seclusion has its light and dark side too. It adds to his mystique, and yet shields him from accountability and subpoena or service of summons.
Breckenridge Decision
Affirmed on Appeal

That Breckenridge declared the Scientology organization to be Hubbard's alter ego may also have relevance here in the context of the Babalon Working. It seems to me that the intended product or result of the Babalon Working, i.e., a "Moonchild," could relate in a meaningful way to Hubbard's organization, as we dedicated Scientologists related to Hubbard's "elementals" in his Affirmations.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Please forgive the interruption: A brief interlude to your most interesting discussion. It does have some on-topic relevance within it. :D

Oh and to contribute a small bit: Gerrard Renna was definitely the DSA in Boston. He was a good friend of mine.

Caroline

clerk #2
Please forgive the interruption: A brief interlude to your most interesting discussion. It does have some on-topic relevance within it. :D

Oh and to contribute a small bit: Gerrard Renna was definitely the DSA in Boston. He was a good friend of mine.
So funny! The other day after Hatshepsut's comment about Hubbard's drug abuse, a History Channel documentary came on about Hitler and his extensive drug use. (History Channel). Hitler's behavior in the "subtitled" film above reminded me of stories of Hubbard's psychotic outbursts, and what he wrote in the Admissions and elsewhere about the drugs he took and for what.

Hubbard and Hitler both used drugs extensively, although Hitler's use, to his credit, was apparently MD- prescribed, but I don't really think either of them could or would excuse their behaviors as their having gone effect of their addictions.

It seems to me that Hubbard used drugs to forward his agenda, more than his drug use drove his agenda. I.e., the motivation for his drug use was his agenda. I think Hubbard's Admissions tend to support this view.

(Thanks too for the confirmation about Gerard Renna.)

Hatshepsut

1573268595914.png

“I can give you the datum of Freudian analysis. I’m a very good swami. I can read minds so as to tear your skull off. Good at it.”
- Transcript of the lecture “The Laws of Case Supervision”, by L. Ron Hubbard
Swami Hubbard And His Ritualistic Training

These guys really wanted to go where no man had gone before, and take others on the ride with them.

:hattip:

As L. Ron Hubbard said in Dianetics: “You are beginning an adventure. Treat it as an adventure. And may you never be the same again.”
Here, then, is where that adventure began, an exploration into Terra Incognita—the mind.

“Terra Incognita: The Mind” L Ron Hubbard’s Prototype for Dianetics and Scientology

Crowley's poetry. Hubbard may not have had the same resilience and depth of introspection as The Beast, and unfortunately, used guinea pigs for his 'journeys into unknown territory'. He did attract some highly intuitive and equally adventurous souls who tried to help map it.

The guys turned the soujourns into the deep recesses of the mind into a living. Too bad this siphoned off what others got making a living.

Last edited:

Zertel

View attachment 721

Swami Hubbard And His Ritualistic Training

These guys really wanted to go where no man had gone before, and take others on the ride with them.

As L. Ron Hubbard said in Dianetics: “You are beginning an adventure. Treat it as an adventure. And may you never be the same again.”
Here, then, is where that adventure began, an exploration into Terra Incognita—the mind.

“Terra Incognita: The Mind” L Ron Hubbard’s Prototype for Dianetics and Scientology

Crowley's poetry. Hubbard may not have had the same resilience and depth of introspection as The Beast, and unfortunately, used guinea pigs for his 'journeys into unknown territory'. He did attract some highly intuitive and equally adventurous souls who tried to help map it.

The guys turned the soujourns into the deep recesses of the mind into a living. Too bad this siphoned off what others got making a living.

In the background literature of Alcoholics Anonymous it's noted that when LSD was first accidentally developed in a laboratory it was being tested for possible use in treating mental illness. Some members of AA volunteered to test it to see if it might produce that "moment of clarity" often spoken of in AA when an alcoholic dramatically comes to his or her senses. As we now know it has no such medical usage but they gave it a try.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
more interesting stuff...

[...]

From the above video:​
~2:00
Crowley interpreted the Law to mean that every individual is intrinsically divine, and as such each individual has a divine right to pursue their own personal path through life.
For Crowley, the point of life is for each person to discover and fulfill their unique purpose in the Universe, which he called "accomplishing their true will."
He equated discovering your true will with activating your own personal genius and realizing your own divinity.
For Crowley, transforming consciousness was key to activating your own genius.
It seems obvious that Hubbard followed Crowley's philosophy to some extent, but it was not a path Hubbard wanted his own followers to take. Only within the context of Hubbard's organization and tech, and within the ethical norms and boundaries dictated by the organization and management, do Scientologists standardly strive to discover their life goals and purposes. (Examples: Life Orientation Course, Post Purpose and Product Clearing, Conditions and Exchange by Dynamics, etc.)

Hubbard wrote Terra Incognita for The Explorer's Journal, promoting his system as indispensable for expedition commanders and doctors with a need to psychologically or physically patch up their team members. The foundation Hubbard gave for his psychological explorations and system was his magical one-word thesis. This is important to keep in mind, I think, because of what he wrote about his personal motivations for writing Excalibur, and how he wanted to profit from it. I'll say more about this separately.

Hatshepsut

From the above video:​
~2:00
Crowley interpreted the Law to mean that every individual is intrinsically divine, and as such each individual has a divine right to pursue their own personal path through life.
For Crowley, the point of life is for each person to discover and fulfill their unique purpose in the Universe, which he called "accomplishing their true will."
He equated discovering your true will with activating your own personal genius and realizing your own divinity.
For Crowley, transforming consciousness was key to activating your own genius.
It seems obvious that Hubbard followed Crowley's philosophy to some extent, but it was not a path Hubbard wanted his own followers to take. Only within the context of Hubbard's organization and tech, and within the ethical norms and boundaries dictated by the organization and management, do Scientologists standardly strive to discover their life goals and purposes. (Examples: Life Orientation Course, Post Purpose and Product Clearing, Conditions and Exchange by Dynamics, etc.)

Hubbard wrote Terra Incognita for The Explorer's Journal, promoting his system as indispensable for expedition commanders and doctors with a need to psychologically or physically patch up their team members. The foundation Hubbard gave for his psychological explorations and system was his magical one-word thesis. This is important to keep in mind, I think, because of what he wrote about his personal motivations for writing Excalibur, and how he wanted to profit from it. I'll say more about this separately.
I went to the 2 minute marker in the lecture where you quoted. I found it interesting that directly following that, there was THIS:

"For Crowley, transforming Consciousness was the key to activating your own Genius. Particularly transforming consciousness such that you dissolve the boundary between the ego and non-ego which he equated with a mystical or religious experience. And these experiences are the goal of Crowley's system of practical occultism. (bolded mine)

The motto of his system is "The method of science; The aim of religion." And that means marrying scientific experimental methodologies to religious practices in order to understand the physiological and psychological processes that produce mystical experiences.... and to reap the benefit of these experiences."

I think Hubbard had posited some similar ideas like Native State or Prime Postulate, maybe indicating the person had rehabbed his premier raison d'etre. But like you say, this realization was structured, girdled by an agenda other than the person's Absolute, complete, freedom. The 'Genius' found was all for the Organization to employ in its collective pool. (I'm guessing that by 'Genius'... Thelemites mean that most rarified Conscious that is the purest YOU, your Guradian Angel.)
Lecture on this

On this idea of dissolving the boundary between the ego and the non-ego; I'd heard several Sea Org staff mention it. It's done in whispers though, as if freedom.....was somehow......Squirrel......because, it wasn't really listed among the EPs.

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

In the background literature of Alcoholics Anonymous it's noted that when LSD was first accidentally developed in a laboratory it was being tested for possible use in treating mental illness. Some members of AA volunteered to test it to see if it might produce that "moment of clarity" often spoken of in AA when an alcoholic dramatically comes to his or her senses. As we now know it has no such medical usage but they gave it a try.
That's very interesting. I didn't know that about the 'moment of clarity'. I think we've all had a few of those, whether in AA or not. I think I had one unexpectedly, yesterday. Can only explain the experience as a 'popping out' of my current dramatization, and suddenly seeing it from the outside. Kinda changes things for a while. Maybe such incidences are just us ejecting from our chaotic energy into that part which is more Divine.

Last edited:

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Besides Bill Wilson, the co-founder of AA trying LSD to treat alcoholism there have been several more recent attempts:

LSD Is Helping People End Their Alcohol Dependence

https://futurism.com › the-byte › psychedelics-alcohol-dependence

May 17, 2019 - A new study suggests that consuming psychedelics, such as LSD or ... Role in Beating Alcoholism Illustrated in LSD, Psilocybin Study [Inverse].

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) for alcoholism: meta ... - NCBI

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › books › NBK99377

by TS Krebs - ‎2012 - ‎Cited by 251 - ‎Related articles
Jan 18, 2013 - This review found that one dose of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) had statistically significant short-term benefits, in decreasing alcohol ...

Caroline

clerk #2
I went to the 2 minute marker in the lecture where you quoted. I found it interesting that directly following that, there was THIS:

"For Crowley, transforming Consciousness was the key to activating your own Genius. Particularly transforming consciousness such that you dissolve the boundary between the ego and non-ego which he equated with a mystical or religious experience. And these experiences are the goal of Crowley's system of practical occultism. (bolded mine)

The motto of his system is "The method of science; The aim of religion." And that means marrying scientific experimental methodologies to religious practices in order to understand the physiological and psychological processes that produce mystical experiences.... and to reap the benefit of these experiences."

I think Hubbard had posited some similar ideas like Native State or Prime Postulate, maybe indicating the person had rehabbed his premier raison d'etre. But like you say, this realization was structured, girdled by an agenda other than the person's Absolute, complete, freedom. The 'Genius' found was all for the Organization to employ in its collective pool. (I'm guessing that by 'Genius'... Thelemites mean that most rarified Conscious that is the purest YOU, your Guradian Angel.)
Lecture on this

On this idea of dissolving the boundary between the ego and the non-ego; I'd heard several Sea Org staff mention it. It's done in whispers though, as if freedom.....was somehow......Squirrel......because, it wasn't really listed among the EPs.
Thanks for transcribing that part of the video, Hatshepsut. There is no parallel in Scientology literature about dissolving the boundary between ego and non-ego. "Ego" and "Non-ego" don't appear in the Tech Dictionary. Here's Hubbard on the "ego":

Once one really understands that mental image pictures are all there is in the preclear's "mind," one has understood the total of aberration. There is NOT something else there. No "id," no "ego." There are only mental image pictures.
HCOB 23 April 1969 Dianetics Basic Definitions

MIND, 1. pictures which have been made of experiences and plotted against time and preserved in energy and mass in the vicinity of the being and which when restimulated are re-created without his analytical awareness. (SH Spec 72, 6607C28) 2 . a literal record of experience plotted against time from the earliest moment of aberration until now plus additional ideas the fellow got about it, plus other things he may have mocked up or created on top of it in mental mass, plus some machines, plus some valences. (SH Spec 70, 6607C21) 3. a network of
communications and pictures, energies and masses, which are brought into being by the activities of the thetan versus the physical universe or other thetans. The mind is a communication and control system between the thetan and his environment. (FOT, p. 56) 4. the purpose of the mind is to pose and resolve problems relating to survival and to direct the effort of the organism according to these solutions. (Scn 0-8, p. 76) 5. a natively self-determined computer which poses, observes and resolves problems to accomplish survival. It does its thinking with facsimiles of experience or facsimiles of synthetic experience. It is natively cause. It seeks to be minimally an effect. (HFP, p. 33) 6. the human mind is an observer, postulator, creator and storage place of knowledge. (HFP, p. 163) 7. the mind is a self-protecting mechanism and will not permit itself to be seriously overloaded so long as it can retain partial awareness of itself. (DMSMH, p. 165) 8. the mind is composed of energy which exists in space and which condenses down into masses. (SH Spec 133, 6204C17)
Hubbard, L. R., (1975) Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization.

Of course, that is a non-confidential definition. Hubbard taught that at OT 3 and above BTs are the source of any mental image pictures a Clear might see .

Here are Hubbard's definitions for "Native State" and "Prime Postulate."

NATIVE STATE, 1. the potentiality of knowing everything. (SH Spec 35, 6108C08) 2. the list of no games conditions is a summary of the native state of a thetan. (HCOB 3 Sept 56) 3. the thetan is not in contact with space, energy, mass. He doesn’t have any dimension. (PAB 64) 4. the native state thetan is total knowingness. (Op Bull 1)
NO-GAME CONDITIONS, 1. no-game conditions are: knowing all, not knowing everything, serenity, namelessness, no-effect on opponent, effect on self or team, have everything, can’t have nothing, solutions, pan-determinism, friendship with all, understanding, total communication, no communication, win, lose, no universe, no playing field, arrival, death. (FOT, p. 94) 2 . a totality of barriers and a totality of freedom alike are no-game conditions. (PAB 84) 3. reached by a preponderance of win (no-game) or a preponderance of lose (nogame). (Op Bull No. 17)

PRIME POSTULATE, 1. a postulate may spring from past effort or prime thought. A prime postulate is the decision to change from a state of not beingness to a state of beingness. (AP&A, p. 34) 2 . we call the prime postulate the basic purpose of the individual in Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health, or his goal. (SH Spec 168, 6207C10)
BASIC PURPOSE, it is a clinical fact that basic purpose is apparently known to the individual before he is two years of age: talent and inherent personality and basic purpose go together as a package. They seem to be part of the genetic pattern. (DMSMH, p. 238)
Hubbard, L. R., (1975) Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization.

Guardian Office Letterhead.pngThere is no Holy Guardian Angel, "Higher Self," etc., in Hubbard's psychic map for us. What we had instead was Hubbard as Source, and the Office of the Guardian, (now DM, RTC and the SA). Hubbard had obviously exteriorized our Guardian Angel for us, under his management.

Hubbard did admit to having a Holy Guardian Angel. His Admissions indicate what he wanted his relationship to be with her, with God and with the rest of us :

Nothing can intervene between you and your Guardian. She cannot be displaced because she is too powerful. She does not control you. She advises you. You may or may not take the advice. You are an adept and have a wonderful and brilliant mind of your own.
Everything great and beautiful that ever happened to you or that you know is available to your conscious will to remember. You can only forget by conscious will or at command of your own voice.
You recognize the evil or bad import of things that are evil and bad for you but their evilness cannot affect you or penetrate through your glowing and strong aura. You are light and you are good. You have the Wisdom of all and never doubt your wisdom.
You have magnificent power but you are humble and calm and patient in that power. For you control all forces under you as you wish. The strength of your Guardian aids you always and can never depart or be repelled. Your faith in her and in God is unswerveable, blind, powerful and you never, never doubt their good intent toward you. They work with you. You help them exert their plans. They have faith unbounded in you.
You will never forget these incantations. They are holy and are now become an integral part of your nature. You enter the greatest phase yet of work and devotion and power and have perfect control without further fear.
Men’s chains fall from you. Your head is high. Your back is straight. You can experience no evil or illness. You are wholly protected. You cannot guide yourself wrong for you are guided as a crown prince.
Material things are yours for the asking. Men are your slaves. Elemental spirits are your slaves. You are power among powers, light in the darkness, beauty in all.
You are not sleepy or tired ever. You do not sleep unless you will it consciously. Sleep to you is a deep trance. Nothing can touch you in that trance because it would not dare. Your Guardian alone can talk to you as you sleep but she may not hypnotize you. Only you can hypnotize yourself.

The Admissions of L. Ron Hubbard

Hatshepsut

Oh my. Your inserted image says "Your Guardian Angel to Complete Success". I think the angels were on several of the old covers. NO mention as to why. I was book store officer for a bit in the mid 70s and used to wonder at the significance of the cover art....like the bear with the chicken leg and the boxes loaded onto a DC 8 and of course, the holy angel near the medieval knight.

I did think I would discover the secret of that Angel somewhere way up the Bridge. Not.

Thankyou for those definitions of 'native state' and 'prime postulate'. I do see some parallels to the ideas of Thelemic 'Will' and the non-ego state. Hubbard could rehash anything and re-author the concepts with himself as Source. There is really nothing new under the sun.

So, Operation Snow White's Jane Kember, is The Guardian Angel Worldwide, and writing to you here in 1969? Was this selected artwork her personal choice for representing herself or believed purpose?

1573440696518.png

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
Oh my. Your inserted image says "Your Guardian Angel to Complete Success". I think the angels were on several of the old covers. NO mention as to why. I was book store officer for a bit in the mid 70s and used to wonder at the significance of the cover art....like the bear with the chicken leg and the boxes loaded onto a DC 8 and of course, the holy angel near the medieval knight.

I did think I would discover the secret of that Angel somewhere way up the Bridge. Not.

Thankyou for those definitions of 'native state' and 'prime postulate'. I do see some parallels to the ideas of Thelemic 'Will' and the non-ego state. Hubbard could rehash anything and re-author the concepts with himself as Source. There is really nothing new under the sun.

So, Operation Snow White's Jane Kember, is The Guardian Angel Worldwide, and writing to you here in 1969? Was this selected artwork her personal choice for representing herself or believed purpose?

View attachment 743

Yes, it was the same Jane Kember. Her June 6, 1979 letter to me was an answer to a petition. The letterhead was apparently standard for the Church of Scientology Worldwide at the time, but I don't know who else besides the Guardian WW used it. I've seen other letters from the Guardian with the same artwork.

From Modern Management Technology Defined:

WORLDWIDE (WW), 1. the corporation that owns and controls Scn orgs, currently under the advices of the Sea Organization. (HCO PL 9 Mar 72 I) 2. to clarify the functions and purposes of Scn organizations, this was the original intention: Worldwide was to provide supreme control over Scn and orgs over the world. Continental orgs under the guidance of WW took full responsibility for their continental areas, Central Orgs under the guidance of Continental took full responsibility for their zones. Area Orgs took full responsibility for their own areas. WW founded new Continental Orgs, Continental Orgs founded Central Orgs. Central Orgs founded Area Orgs. Area Orgs founded Franchise Centers. This was the original pattern of intention. (LRH ED 1 INT) [...]

Zertel

I find it interesting that the male angel has a helmet and a sword. I guess his duties don't include "spiritual counseling." My grandmother was a devout Christian who told me that angels helped her and they would help me too if I asked them. She also gave astrology readings back in the 1950s. Her viewpoint on that was "God created the Heavens so we can admire and interpret them."

Hubbard's definitions of the mind and negation of ego is interesting. As far as I know there is no universally accepted definition of the mind. When I entered scientology in 1976 spirituality was not part of my thinking but getting into a study of the mind was right up my alley. Without any basis for comparison I would have and probably did accept his definitions as correct.

I was never high enough up the food chain to get an acknowledgement from anyone like Jane Kember as Caroline did. I might have written a "Letter to Ron" but I don't remember if I got a reply.

Caroline

clerk #2
I find it interesting that the male angel has a helmet and a sword. I guess his duties don't include "spiritual counseling." My grandmother was a devout Christian who told me that angels helped her and they would help me too if I asked them. She also gave astrology readings back in the 1950s. Her viewpoint on that was "God created the Heavens so we can admire and interpret them."

Hubbard's definitions of the mind and negation of ego is interesting. As far as I know there is no universally accepted definition of the mind. When I entered scientology in 1976 spirituality was not part of my thinking but getting into a study of the mind was right up my alley. Without any basis for comparison I would have and probably did accept his definitions as correct.

I was never high enough up the food chain to get an acknowledgement from anyone like Jane Kember as Caroline did. I might have written a "Letter to Ron" but I don't remember if I got a reply.
I wasn't high up on the food chain. Jane Kember's answer to my petition was part of her hat as Guardian WW. There's a story in there, but it isn't really relevant to this discussion.

Thanks for the comment about the male figure. I had similar questions, and I think it's worth looking into. I'll post some more depictions of these angels.

Caroline

clerk #2

Archangel Michael is my guess for the male figure on the covers of 8-80 and 8-8008. (I'm not a religious expert.) A primer:
Meet Archangel Michael, Leader of All Angels
Archangel Michael's Roles and Symbols

Archangel Michael is God's top angel, leading all of the angels in heaven. He is also known as Saint Michael. Michael means "Who is like God?" Other spellings of Michael's name include Mikhael, Mikael, Mikail, and Mikhail.
Michael's main characteristics are exceptional strength and courage. Michael fights for good to prevail over evil and empowers believers to set their faith in God on fire with passion. He protects and defends people who love God.
People sometimes ask for Michael's help to gain the courage they need to overcome their fears, obtain strength to resist temptations to sin and instead do what's right and stay safe in dangerous situations.
Symbols of Archangel Michael

Michael is often depicted in art wielding a sword or a spear, representing his role as the angelic leader in spiritual battles. Other battle symbols that represent Michael include armor and banners. Michael's other main role as a key angel of death is symbolized in art that depicts him weighing people's souls on scales. [...]
https://www.learnreligions.com/meet-archangel-michael-leader-of-angels-124715
Also see: https://www.learnreligions.com/archangel-michael-escorting-souls-to-heaven-123842

Jack Parsons said:
Most Beloved Father [Aleister Crowley],

About three months ago I met Capt. L. Ron Hubbard, a writer and explorer of whom I had known for some time… He is a gentleman; he has red hair, green eyes, is honest and intelligent, and we have become great friends. He moved in with me about two months ago, and although Betty [aka Sara] and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affections to him.

Although Ron has no formal training in Magick, he has an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding in the field. From some of his experiences I deduce he is in direct touch with his Guardian Angel. He describes his Angel as a beautiful winged woman with red hair whom he calls the Empress, and who has guided him through his life and saved him many times… Recently, he says, because of some danger, she has called the Archangel Michael to guard us…

Last night after invoking, I called him in, and he described Isis nude on the left, and a faint figure of past, partly mistaken operations on the right, and a rosewood box with a string of green beads, a string of pearls with a black cross suspended, and a rose… He is the most thelemic person I have ever met and is in complete accord with our own principles. He is also interested in establishing the New Aeon but for cogent reasons I have not introduced him to the Lodge.

We are pooling our resources in a partnership that will act as a limited company to control our business ventures. I think I have made a great gain, and as Betty and I are the best of friends there is little loss. I cared for her deeply but I have no desire to control her emotions, and I can, I hope, control my own.

I need a magical partner. I have many experiments in mind… The next time I tie up with a woman it will be on my own terms.

Thy son,
John
Emphasis added
Carter, J. (1999). Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons. Venice, CA: Feral House.

From Jack Parsons' magical record of the Babalon Working:
Jan 15. Invoked twice. At this time the Scribe [Hubbard] developed some sort of astral vision, describing in detail an old enemy of mine of whom he had never heard, and later the guardian forms of Isis and the Archangel Michael. –Jack Parsons
Emphasis added
Liber 49

Last edited:
Reactions: M&M