Hubbard and the Babalon Working

Caroline

clerk #2
It may be helpful to look at some at least of what Hubbard called "the abyss:" that psycho-spiritual chasm over which his system claims to provide a safe bridge to higher planes of existence for Scientologists. In Dianetics: The Original Thesis, Hubbard wrote, "It is a purpose of Dianetics to pass man across the abyss of irrational, solely reactive thought and enter him upon a new stage of constructive progression to the ultimate goal."

Hubbard's abyss, as hypothesized in his basic writings, is clearly the "Reactive Mind." Hubbard mentioned "the abyss" specifically several times in lectures. In 1963, he ascribed it to the Goals-Problems-Mass, which he defined as the core of the reactive mind, the subject and target of the lower levels of his "Bridge to Total Freedom:"

Well, the mystic had what they call the abyss. The Buddhist had certain things about all this. But the abyss was very interesting. We had a plateau, a low plateau, and then there was a higher plateau where man could be happy or more cheerful or more able, freer and so forth, where he could attain his various ambitions. And lying between these two plateaus was a deep chasm, an enormous chasm, bottomlessly deep. And the trick was to get across that chasm without dropping into the abyss.
This, actually, is older than Buddhism. The Buddhist not only fell into the abyss but deified it! That's nirvana.
You would laugh if it weren't so sad. Imagine this fellow trying, by meditation, by being silent, by being good, by never causing anything, by this, by that, by fantastic practices, imagine his final goal: He can get into the GPM without an auditor. No map! Nothing.
You read the Buddhistic descriptions of nirvana after you've been through a GPM -- you take a look at those and you'll say, “Hey, those characters are talking about a GPM. They're talking about these personalities and they're talking about this and they're talking about that and how it's all this way and how it's all that way and. . . “ And you look at a Buddhist picture sometimes-it's not accurate for an auditing map but you want -- clip one out of a book sometime if the pc wants to know what his GPM looks like, just take Buddhist nirvana and say, “Well, there, that's it.” Camels and horses and little men sitting around. Man, a total reward.
Now there -- there is the illusion of the abyss. In other words, you can get well if you don't fall in. And this was the message of the mystic. And that's a perfectly accurate message and is perfectly true today.
You had to go through, however, you had to go through and across and over this chasm. And that chasm still exists and what is it? Well, it's the reactive bank and it's a certain number of items and we know exactly what it is and it hurts like the dickens and it knocks your head on and off again and on again. And the pc sits there and he goes, “Huch!” And you say, “What's the matter?” And he says, “Oh-oh, I just got a nice somatic,” you know? He gets plenty of somatics going through this thing. Well, inexpert auditing could drop him into the middle of the abyss. Partial knowledge of this thing could drop him into the middle of the abyss. An inability to handle the pc could drop him into the abyss, don't you see?
So, the mystic's ancient, ancient illusion is still with us. That's very good. I said at the end of Book One, I said, “For God's sakes build a better Bridge.” Remember?
Well, we did. Been working ever since. And when you can run engrams- I don't know how long space one item covers, but it covers an awful long term in time -and when you can run all the engrams in half a thousand lifetimes by saying to the pc, “What opposes a catfish catcher?”
And the pc looks and he says, “A-a no catfish catcher.” Tschsss! “What's that? Which way did that go? What's this?” The meter goes boom! Bang! Rocket read, blowdown and so forth. What have you just done? It's utterly fantastic. You've taken the central fixation which was with him for many lifetimes and on which he operated for many lifetimes and you've now vanquished the enemy and the person who thought that was an enemy. And you've unfixated his attention across those spans of lifetimes in just that flash-two minutes. That's why I tell you the thing's incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's unbelievable. Don't try to believe it, do it.
Hubbard, L. Ron (1963-04-20) What Clearing Is. Professional Auditor's Congress. East Grinstead, Sussex.
Emphasis mine.

Hatshepsut

Well, we did. Been working ever since. And when you can run engrams- I don't know how long space one item covers, but it covers an awful long term in time -and when you can run all the engrams in half a thousand lifetimes by saying to the pc, “What opposes a catfish catcher?”
And the pc looks and he says, “A-a no catfish catcher.” Tschsss! “What's that? Which way did that go? What's this?” The meter goes boom! Bang! Rocket read, blowdown and so forth. What have you just done? It's utterly fantastic. You've taken the central fixation which was with him for many lifetimes and on which he operated for many lifetimes and you've now vanquished the enemy and the person who thought that was an enemy. And you've unfixated his attention across those spans of lifetimes in just that flash-two minutes. That's why I tell you the thing's incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's unbelievable. Don't try to believe it, do it.
Hubbard, L. Ron (1963-04-20) What Clearing Is. Professional Auditor's Congress. East Grinstead, Sussex.
Emphasis mine.
That's a fantastic post! So I guess the abyss is the bridge between compulsively having yourself mocked up as game valences and.....that of native state / static. And some realization on a no catfish catcher gets you there.;)

I actually do understand where he was heading though. One time, I was zig zagging down my column of pro and oppose identities using the Bill Nichols' Unstacking procedure. Bill mailed it from the Palo Alto group. I think they were taking apart something they called 'the Net'. Their curriculum was for getting those relationship identities in the mind. I went release from my "opposed" viewpoints It was very calm waters.

Hubbard wanted to tackle the abyss but he seldom gave a very clear definition of it. At least the quote in the above post states he's after identities, which are his idea of what's keeping a person from crossing it.

So many pioneers willing to cross an abyss. Must be some very ancient attraction to the subject.

Dennis Stephens on Unstacking

Gib comments on ESMB

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
That's a fantastic post! So I guess the abyss is the bridge between compulsively having yourself mocked up as game valences and.....that of native state / static. And some realization on a no catfish catcher gets you there.;)

I actually do understand where he was heading though. One time, I was zig zagging down my column of pro and oppose identities using the Bill Nichols' Unstacking procedure. Bill mailed it from the Palo Alto group. I think they were taking apart something they called 'the Net'. Their curriculum was for getting those relationship identities in the mind. I went release from my "opposed" viewpoints It was very calm waters.

Hubbard wanted to tackle the abyss but he seldom gave a very clear definition of it. At least the quote in the above post states he's after identities, which are his idea of what's keeping a person from crossing it.

So many pioneers willing to cross an abyss. Must be some very ancient attraction to the subject.

Dennis Stephens on Unstacking

Gib comments on ESMB

I'm not sure Hubbard wanted to tackle the abyss. He was a Black Brother with a bridge to sell. He apparently needed and wanted to convince himself that his mental tech worked on other people, but it wouldn't affect his own mind. From the Admissions:

L. Ron Hubbard said:
[...]
  • (c) I can have no doubts of my psychic powers. My magical ability is high and clear. I earned my titles and command.
    (d) Any distaste I may have for Jack Parsons originated in a psychic experiment. Such distaste is foolish. He is my friend and comrade-in-arms.
  • (l) That I wrote a great book in The One Command and that it removed all my fears even until now, except that my chapters on the mind do not affect my own mind. That I have will power and great mental control. That I need not associate anything unless I wish.
  • (u) That my code is to be all things a “magus” must be, that I am those things. That I burn high and bright and will last as a potent and brilliant force until well after this century has run.
  • (x) That my magical work is powerful and effective.
  • Men’s chains fall from you. Your head is high. Your back is straight. You can experience no evil or illness. You are wholly protected. You cannot guide yourself wrong for you are guided as a crown prince.
  • Material things are yours for the asking. Men are your slaves. Elemental spirits are your slaves. You are power among powers, light in the darkness, beauty in all.
  • You are not sleepy or tired ever. You do not sleep unless you will it consciously. Sleep to you is a deep trance. Nothing can touch you in that trance because it would not dare. Your Guardian alone can talk to you as you sleep but she may not hypnotize you. Only you can hypnotize yourself.
  • Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.
  • You can consciously banish any train of thought from your mind, any time, any song. You can recall words, speeches, whole books verbatim at will. You are not a victim of chance thoughts. You are in powerful and wise conscious control of all your thinking. You are a master without limits. Your brain has no limits, consciously, unconsciously or psychically. You can perform any mental trick or stunt consciously of which you have ever heard. You are in perfect poise, balance and control of your brain.
  • You have no mental flaws which hinder you. You have nothing which hinders you. Everything helps you. You are crown prince of your portion of the universe. Everything does your bidding perfectly. All elementals and other dimensional things obey you with eagerness. All things love you and their love makes you strong. You are strong. You love with great force all things and your will controls them. You may use force and your will with utter impunity for all things obey.
  • You do not know anger. Your patience is infinite. You are calm. Your patience never fails. Nothing can make you hate or be jealous or be small. You have all the time in the Universe of which you are crown prince. You waste none of it, but you do not fear for its passage. You employ time well. You are not lazy for there is nothing, no single thing in your universe to oppose you. You have no thoughts which oppose you.
  • To survive you need only do these things – be patient, calm, beautiful. Write what you yourself think is good and worthy, govern yourself as a powerful force. No human being has authority over you. No human being’s opinion has weight with you.
  • You owe no debt for the kind things people do for you. This is your due as an adept. But you are always gallant, kind and considerate to people. You do not vary your own thoughts to be kind. Kindness need not impoverish or discriminate you.
  • Darkness is a cloak you may don. Your guardian and your own courage protect you utterly in darkness. You control anything you meet in darkness for that is part of your universe.
  • You are too strong, too big to be touched by mortal opinions.
  • Your book the One Commandment applied only to the material. It is true. It freed you forever from the fears of the material world and gave you material control over people. There is no material will.
  • The One Command applied but slightly to the spiritual world and other planes. There is psychic will power, possessed by a very few. You possess such will power and it is enormously strong and irresistible. You work it consciously. Those things you consciously state that you will come to be.
  • The criticism of the One Command which was given to material things was not leveled at you. It was not worthy. It did not detract from the value of the book. It was from small people. You gave it no heed. It did not affect you.
  • There was one error in that book and you have psychically willed it into nothing. It was the electronic theory of the workings of the human mind. Human, material minds do work this way and you were right. Your own mind does not work this way. You have great spiritual strength. Your mind is not material. It does not react like any human mind. Whatever is fed to your mind can be sorted out. You can forget at will. Men’s facts fed to you need not affect your thought if they are a part of the lives and mores and morals of men. Your thought processes do not warp on facts which are fed to you. You can receive sense messages and remember them but you need not add them into your own thought processes.
  • You use the minds of men. They do not use your mind or affect it in any way. You have a sacred spiritual mind, too strong, too high to be touched. Your league with Higher Beings, your mighty Guardian and the All Powerful, renders you beyond all human criticism.

I should also clarify that the material addressed on the modern Clearing Course and OT 2 are Implant GPMs, and not addressed as actual patterns of living in this universe. In other words, Implant GPMs were proactively installed in us by evil people on the back track. (Obviously, some contemporary black Brother could install such an implant, and hide the fact by displacement, blaming whole track psychs or Xenu, et al.)

Afaik, there is no grade or level on the current Bridge that addresses "actual" GPMs. (Ref. Tech Dictionary Definitions: Goals-Problems-Mass; Implant, Implant Goal, Implant GPM) There were undoubtedly good reasons why Hubbard dropped this "tech" from his Grade Chart curriculum.

I need to say plainly that I don't advocate Scientology or Dianetics in any recognizable form. I consider that there are dangers that are inherent in Hubbard's philosophy and protocols, and it seems to me that most Scientologists and the public are poorly informed about these hazards. This is what I care about.

Hatshepsut

OK. :pixiedust:

Afaik, there is no grade or level on the current Bridge that addresses "actual" GPMs. (Ref. Tech Dictionary Definitions: Goals-Problems-Mass; Implant, Implant Goal, Implant GPM) There were undoubtedly good reasons why Hubbard dropped this "tech" from his Grade Chart curriculum.
I know there were many disappointed people, for whom, this was their only want. But students getting an 'almost right' item was so upsetting that the project was shelved. IMO this tech wasn't really that important. Basic archetypes could be exhausted with transpersonal psychology. It was an error to plunge an individual who is already in the HERE and NOW, into imagined dark matter, or old building blocks of some universe. Kinda like regressing a little child into recalling the coitus that lead to his being. You're HERE NOW, so what's the point of doing that.

I just realized Hubbard DID regress to the dark womb.....and coitus. That was his bent I suppose.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
OK. :pixiedust:

I know there were many disappointed people, for whom, this was their only want. But students getting an 'almost right' item was so upsetting that the project was shelved. IMO this tech wasn't real important, as basic Jungian archetypes, exhausted with transpersonal psychology. It was an error to plunge an individual who is adequately HERE and NOW, into some imagined dark matter building blocks of this universe. Kinda like regressing a little child into recalling the coitus that lead to his being. You're HERE NOW, so what's the point of doing that.

I just realized Hubbard DID regress to the dark womb.....and coitus. That was his bent I suppose.
OK. :vacuum:

I can see how GPM processing could cause a lot of case upsets, as you mention. Listing, and its "errors" can be brutal.

The point of having a little child (or anyone) recalling or "recalling" "the coitus that lead to his being" is, in Dianetics at least, to flatten the emotional affect. Emotional manipulation at this core level is basic Scientology.

Zertel

I"ve been browsing this thread. I'm not that interested in all the esoteric details but I find a lot of it interesting. This morning I threw a dart at it and decided to read a bit from "The Golden Dawn: An introduction to Freedom". I landed on page 2 and this quote jumped out at me. "Scientology is the science of knowing how to know. The mysteries of existence lie, in Scientology, before men's eyes."

In the 1960's and early 1970's when psychedelics were sweeping into the culture there was a song with the lyric, "Come along with me and take a journey to the center of the mind." haha The song title might have been Magic Carpet Ride. In the 1950's when Hubbard was delving into his mysteries I wonder how many people were tracking him and following his line of thought. Probably Mary Sue and some others who had some background in the mystical and the occult. Without any previous background most people would get totally lost. Later on when Scientology was formatted a person could audit without going into Hubbard's journeys to the center of the mind.

Caroline

clerk #2
I"ve been browsing this thread. I'm not that interested in all the esoteric details but I find a lot of it interesting. This morning I threw a dart at it and decided to read a bit from "The Golden Dawn: An introduction to Freedom". I landed on page 2 and this quote jumped out at me. "Scientology is the science of knowing how to know. The mysteries of existence lie, in Scientology, before men's eyes."

In the 1960's and early 1970's when psychedelics were sweeping into the culture there was a song with the lyric, "Come along with me and take a journey to the center of the mind." haha The song title might have been Magic Carpet Ride. In the 1950's when Hubbard was delving into his mysteries I wonder how many people were tracking him and following his line of thought. Probably Mary Sue and some others who had some background in the mystical and the occult. Without any previous background most people would get totally lost. Later on when Scientology was formatted a person could audit without going into Hubbard's journeys to the center of the mind.
I had no background in the occult, and didn't track with Hubbard along those lines when I was in Scientology. It's great to be able to talk and read about the details from Hatshepsut and others with this kind of experience. :)

As far as Hubbard's magical background, it's generally accepted that he wrote Excalibur The Dark Sword in 1938. To me, this would suggest his relevant studies began earlier.

From L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman:
MAGIC
One definition of magic is, "Total commitment to get, to achieve, to win with such totality that one's life itself becomes the ritual of that commitment." (It has been noted that, when that commitment "is malevolent, the magic is black.") For Hubbard, morality was a straitjacket worn by fools. Morality was utilized only when it aided him in reaching his objective. (He gave lip service to all sorts of noble humanitarian sentiments, but he also visibly, especially from the mid-sixties on, gave vent to base motives expressed in vindictive policies and writings.) His WILL was the supreme consideration. This philosophy has been described as "the ends justify the means." This vaguely says it all, but it describes neither the intensity nor the total commitment which appears to have driven him.
His life was indeed a ritual of total commitment to the achievement of power. Power concentrated exclusively under his control. Hubbard may have had this drive for power this obsession all his life. But the point at which it burst into a raging passion was, according to Ron Jr. sometime in his teens when Ron Hubbard and his mother visited the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. From that time on he was, more and more, able to support his obsession with a detailed, well-developed philosophy. His mother was at the Library tracing back her family's genealogy, while he was poking around trying to find something that interested him. He did. It was a tiny volume called The Book of the Law.
Corydon, B., & Ambry, B. (1996). L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or madman?. Fort Lee, N.J: Barricade Books.
Emphasis added.

In one lecture, Hubbard said that he studied Rosicrucianism off and on for about five years, and made reference to a 15-year-old boy skrying into a mirror. (Ref. https://scientology-research.org/lecture-self-determinism-on-the-dynamics-1951/)

Apparently, he was studying Rosicrucian literature after he left George Washington University, while married to Polly. (Ref. Lecture: The Purpose of Human Evaluation (2) (1951) > Scientology Research)

Hubbard also claimed to have an uncle who was a 33rd degree Mason and Scottish Rite. (Ref. Lecture: Future Org Trends (1) (1962) > Scientology Research)

Hatshepsut

Rosicrucian teachings are a combination of occultism and other religious beliefs and practices, including Hermeticism, Jewish mysticism, and Christian gnosticism. The central feature of Rosicrucianism is the belief that its members possess secret wisdom that was handed down to them from ancient times.

1572465626032.png

0h my. According to the link, LRH was placing his expertise and knowledge above Scottish 33rd degree initiates and anything having to do with tbe Order of the Rose Cross. He was asserting that they could learn from him.

I had an uncle who was a thirty – third degree Mason and Scottish rite, and other odd things, and Dianetics and Scientology were never quite right with him, but he finally figured out that we were trying to do exactly what they were trying to do in the Scottish rite, and after that he’s figured out it’s all right. You couldn’t now disabuse him of the fact that we’d do everything that is done in the Scottish rite. We don’t. But that is his channel of understanding.
And he’d have to be processed before he’d change his mind.
Now, I don’t even think he knows what he means by this, but he’s satisfied with it. Because he has a familiarity with A, therefore something is shown to him to be like A, then he understands this something that was like A. Except he didn’t really understand it. But he has a tendency to understand it. In other words, ARC then monitors understanding to this degree.

Hubbard was trying to make everything old, new again..... but with a twist. 1572466550952.png

"That the state of knowledge is not prosperous nor greatly advancing; and that a way must be opened for the human understanding entirely different from any hitherto known, and other helps provided, in...

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
Some years ago, J. Edward Cornelius gave me permission to post two chapters from "In The Name Of The Beast," a series published in Red Flame: A Thelemic Research Journal.

Here is an archived copy of this historic account.In the Name of The Beast (2005).jpg
Cornelius, J. E. (2005). In The Name Of The Beast: A Biography of Grady Louis McMurtry, disciple of Aleister Edward Crowley. A Thelemic Research Journal. (Vol. One 1918-1962, pp. 93-109). Red Flame Productions, Berkeley.

Hatshepsut

Thanks Caroline. I'd forgotten some of the details of that interesting history. Very in depth account, diary style, of the Babalon ritual as it happened then. Two years ago I went thru the Blazing Star journals of McMurty and the soap operas and infighting. There is much to read from the sub categories listed in the dashboard. I never understood why Crowley supported the position of Grand Inspector General for this guy though. Maybe he was impressed with his military career or his acquaintances in Europe.

I think the rituals at the Agape Lodge in California go way back. There are quite a few photos on the net. Here is one from 1933. The party picked up and moved to the Craftsman style house, the Parsonage, in 1942. Some bits about Hubbard's wife there.
1572686680894.png

Last edited:

BTW

I believe it is NOT necessary to explain how full of shit Hubbard was, to look at Scientology through a prism of a sensible skepticism.

Caroline

clerk #2
Thanks Caroline. I'd forgotten some of the details of that interesting history. Very in depth account, diary style, of the Babalon ritual as it happened then. Two years ago I went thru the Blazing Star journals of McMurty and the soap operas and infighting. There was a lot read in those sub categories on the dashboard. I never understood why Crowley supported the position of Grand Inspector General for this guy though. Maybe he was impressed with his military career or his acquaintances in Europe.

I think the rituals at the Agape Lodge in California go way back and there are quite a few photos of them on the net. Here is one from 1933. The party picked up and moved to the Craftsman style house, the Parsonage, in 1942. Some bits about Hubbard's wife there.
View attachment 663
The details of how Hubbard "broke up black magic in America" don't seem to be anywhere in the documents. :unsure:

196928dec-scn-new-light.gif

Here's a letter from Church of Scientology Boston ca. 2003:
Letter from Gerard Renna (ca. 2003).png

The article referred to above is Cults and Cosmic Consciousness: Religious Vision in the American 1960s by Camille Paglia. From that article:

A startling and little-known example of Crowley’s enduring influence is the Church of Scientology, founded in 1954 by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, one of the main shapers of New Age thought. Hubbard had met Crowley at the latter’s Los Angeles temple in 1945. Hubbard’s son has revealed that his father claimed to be Crowley’s successor: Hubbard told him that Scientology was born on the day that Crowley died. The drills used by Scientologists to cleanse and clarify the mind are evidently a reinterpretation of Crowley’s singular fusion of Asian meditation with Satanic ritualism, which sharpens the all-conquering will. The guiding premise of Hubbard’s mega-bestseller, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health (1950), is that morality and spirituality can be scientifically analyzed and managed—as if guilt and remorse, in the Crowley way, are mere baggage to be jettisoned. Scientology, which attracts celebrities like John Travolta and Tom Cruise, has been pursued by the irs for its tax-exempt status as a religion. Scientology’s religiosity can be detected in its theory of reincarnation: the “process” allegedly eradicates negative thoughts and experiences predating our life in the womb.

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

That article from Boston's Times was dated 2003. Kinda late in the game to rehash the old laundry. Most never knew it existed. The author should've let sleeping dogs lie, imo.

1572721653604.png

I'm sure that girl rescued from the evil rituals was Sara Northrup, whom Hubbard married. She was Parson's sister-in-law. No mention that Hubbard was also having sex with Parson's wife, Helen Northrup. Egad. Lots of water has passed under today's "Bridge".

The sexual abuse of LRH's second wife.

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2

Earlier today I asked Gerry to refresh my memory about this December 28, 1969 press release.

Here's the update:

Gerry testified at trial in Armstrong 1 about this document:

Q BY MR. FLYNN: Why did you send me exhibit 500 quadruple O, Mr. Armstrong?
I think I have got a little bit ahead of myself.
Let me withdraw that for the time being and go back to 500 quadruple J, “L. Ron Hubbard and J.W. Parsons”; why did you send me that?
A (Gerry Armstrong) Inside the organization I had come across what were called entheta newspaper articles dealing with or claiming that Hubbard was connected with the OTO, the black magic group.
Hubbard — I had seen at that point a statement which had been published in the — I think it is the London Sun Times which appeared to be a statement from the organization refuting the original claim of a black magic connection. And this was part of a pack of materials which I had while in the port captain’s office dealing with Mr. Hubbard. And it was to be used as proof that Mr. Hubbard was not connected to the black magic group, but in fact had been working for Naval intelligence and had been sent in to break it up because of the number of atomic scientists who were connected to the group, which he did. And he rescued a girl.
Throughout the course of the biography research I found that Mr. Hubbard was not working for Naval intelligence; was, in fact, connected to the OTO, the magic group, and that the head of the group was John W. Parsons who Mr. Hubbard was very much connected to.
This pack concerns John W. Parsons and Allied Enterprises. And Allied Enterprises is a company which Mr. Hubbard, Sarah Northrup, and John W. Parsons formed in, I believe, 1946.
Q And what was the purpose for the company?
A It was a profit-making company, but — they planned at one point to bring sailing vessels from the East Coast to the West Coast and sell them at a profit on the West Coast.
Q And how much money did Mr. Parsons put into the project?
A I recall $10,000, but I don’t — I don’t — it is in this pack of materials, and I would have to refresh my memory.
Q And how much money did Mr. Hubbard put into it?
A I don’t know if he put any in. I do recall a figure of a thousand dollars, and I don’t know if that is from Sarah or from Mr. Hubbard.
Q Now at that point in time was Sarah Jack Parson’s girl friend?
A I — here is what I know of that. I interviewed a man named Lou Goldstone in San Francisco. This would have been in the summer of 1980 and he had been living at that time in the same place, John W. Parsons’ home in Pasadena. It was a very big home and he stayed there, and he said that Sarah, who they then called Betty, was Parsons’ girl friend, and that Hubbard arrived in December of 1945, and within a short time had taken Sarah from Parsons and was living with her first in the house and then in a trailer which was also parked on the property.
Hubbard then had a big trailer. I also know the same story from another man that I interviewed who was a current/head of the OTO in California, a man by the name of Grady McMurtry, and he had the same set of facts.
Q Did Mr. Parsons sue L. Ron Hubbard?
A Yes.
Q And is that lawsuit among the materials in that pack?
A Yes.
Q And why did you send me that?
A Well again it tied into this story of Mr. Hubbard’s involvement with black magic. The significance that this whole thing had to me was not so much his involvement with the black magic, but it had to do with the fact that he lied about his involvement and I had been trained and drilled to lie about it, and that was the significance. I really couldn’t care if he was — what he had done, but the fact that he had just continually lied was what was important to me and this was a part of the picture which showed that the story he had written and he had, in fact, authored the London Sunday Times article, I had the printed article, and I had the same thing in his handwriting.
Q You had his handwritten notes that contained the precise article?
A Yes, and the instructions in which he sent it to be typed up and submitted to the newspaper.

[...]
Q (Michael Flynn) Now you had mentioned in exhibit 500 four J a press release entitled “Hubbard Broke Up Black Magic in America.”
Do you see that?
A (Gerry Armstrong)Yes.
Q And attached to that are the handwritten notes of L. Ron Hubbard that are the same as the press release; is that correct?
A Yes.
Q That Hubbard broke up black magic in America?
A Yes.
Q And did you find the handwritten notes of Mr. Hubbard that he broke up black magic in America to be contrary to other documents that you find such as the blood ritual?
A Yes.
http://legal.gerryarmstrong.ca/1984/05/15/reporters-transcript-of-proceedings-may-15-1984/

On June 7, 1984, toward the end of the Armstrong 1 trial, Judge Breckenridge placed Exhibit 500-JJJJ under seal.

Gerry also said that neither Scientology nor Mary Sue Hubbard, who was an intervenor and co-plaintiff in the Armstrong I case, contested the authorship or authenticity of Hubbard’s handwritten “information.”

Caroline

clerk #2
That article from Boston's Times was dated 2003. Kinda late in the game to rehash the old laundry. Most never knew it existed. The author should've let sleeping dogs lie, imo.

View attachment 668

I'm sure that girl rescued from the evil rituals was Sara Northrup, whom Hubbard married. She was Parson's sister-in-law. No mention that Hubbard was also having sex with Parson's wife, Helen Northrup. Egad. Lots of water has passed under today's "Bridge".

The sexual abuse of LRH's second wife.

I agree with you Hatshepsut, the "rescued girl" was Sara. I might have overlooked Hubbard's having sex with Helen Parsons. What's your reference for that? I have a bit of a clue about Helen and Jack Parsons, about Jack's affair with Sara, and about Helen later marrying W. T. Smith.

Gerard Renna is reported to have been the "Director of Special Affairs" of Boston, which would explain why he responded to Camille Paglia's article. Also from Renna's letter:

According to religious scholar J. Gordon Melton's paper presented at "The Conference on Alternative Religions" at Loyola University in May 1981 about Crowley's US leader Jack Parsons, there has been confusion regarding a connection between Mr. Hubbard and O.T.O. leaders. Per Melton, "since Hubbard's involvement with this incident [covered in the previous paragraph] has also been used to discredit the Church of Scientology that he founded, we should also note that the Church’s teachings are not magical and show no connection with the O.T.O. or its beliefs and practices." --G. Renna
The Church's teachings show a preponderance of connections with the OTO or its beliefs and practices. Melton has been shown to be a cult collaborator, and his claim quoted here has been hugely debunked.

Hatshepsut

I agree with you Hatshepsut, the "rescued girl" was Sara. I might have overlooked Hubbard's having sex with Helen Parsons. What's your reference for that? I have a bit of a clue about Helen and Jack Parsons, about Jack's affair with Sara, and about Helen later marrying W. T. Smith.
Well I went thru the entire juicy sexcapes and couldn't find it. So the only other place I could have read that would be in one of McMurty's letters to Crowley saying Hubbard had gone off with Parson's wife. Betty (Sara) Northrup was never married to Parson's. But her sister was, but she made a baby with Smith. Parsons had impregnated both Sara and McMurty's wife and paid for abortions according to this link. Sheeesh.

I can't go thru all of what McMurty wrote right now. When he or someone else refers to Parson's 'wife' in 1943, I may be confused over which magickal mate he meant. McMurty might have had a chip on his shoulder about both magicians, Jack and Ron.

Having been a long-term heavy user of alcohol and marijuana, Parsons now habitually used cocaine, amphetamines, peyote, mescaline, and opiates as well.[40][41] Parson continued to have sexual relations with multiple women, including McMurtry's fiancée Claire. When Parsons paid for her to have an abortion, McMurtry was angered and their friendship broke down

It's all so confusing what these guys were doing. Eh hem.....from same link.

In December 1945 Parsons began a series of rituals based on Enochian magic during which he masturbated onto magical tablets, accompanied by Sergei Prokofiev's Second Violin Concerto. Describing this magical operation as the Babalon Working, he hoped to bring about the incarnation of Thelemite goddess Babalon onto Earth. He allowed Hubbard to take part as his "scribe", believing that he was particularly sensitive to detecting magical phenomena.[61] As described by Richard Metzger, "Parsons jerked off in the name of spiritual advancement" while Hubbard "scanned the astral plane for signs and visions.

1572759187073.png

Last edited: