Hubbard and the Babalon Working

Caroline

clerk #2
I located this additional reference for the seal:

Kenneth Grant said:
Crowley used the sevenfold star as a basis for the Seal which he designed for the Great White Brotherhood. The major emblem of the Silver Star is thus the sevenfold seal upon the Yoni of the Star Goddess. In the yonis, or triangles appear the seven letters of the Name B.A.B.A.L.O.N. Centrally, a vesica is shown, blocked or barred, indicating the presence of the secret seed; the point has become the line, the diameter has become the circumference.

This seed is the "hermit", the hidden, masked, anonymous male essence in the process of begetting its image as the Sun-son upon the Mother goddess. This is therefore the Seal of Set who opens his mother's womb, as Sothis the Star opens the Circle of the Year. His infinite light breaks open her Night and causes her to appear as infinite Darkness.

The symbolism stems from the mythological phase of human evolution, a phase long antedating the patriarchal systems of later societies, either sociologically or religiously considered. It stems from that period of time when the male's role in procreation was as yet unsuspected. The symbolism therefore reflects a stage in human consciousness when the mechanics of regeneration were conducted by the priests under the guise of the beast, thus rehearsing the primal drama of fecundation, when the Great Goddess was imaged in animal form, upon all fours. Nuit, arched over the earth, translated this symbolism into an anthropomorphic image.

The ritual assumption of god forms, as taught and practised in the Golden Dawn, has, nevertheless, a more profound significance than the rehearsal of primitive sociological phases of

human behaviour, and Crowley's assumption of the mask of the Beast was no mere gesture of identification with primitive processes. He assumed the role with the magical intent of affirming his identity not only with pre-eval atavisms but with those transcendental powers which, when properly controlled and directed, he was able to incarnate at will. This forms the basis of his magick.

John W. Parsons, head of the Californian Lodge of the O.T.O., (from 1944 until his untimely death in 1952), sums up this magick:

"To go deep you must reject each phenomenon, each illumination, each ecstasy, going ever downward, until you reach the last avatars of the symbols that are also the racial archetypes.​
"In this sacrifice to the abysmal gods is the apotheosis that transmutes them to the beauty and power that is your eternity, and the redemption of mankind.​
"Neurosis and initiation are the same thing, except that neurosis stops short of apotheosis, and the tremendous forces that mould all life are incysted—short-circuited and turned poisonous. Psychoanalysis transforms the false ego symbols, and exteriorizes them into false social symbols; it is a confusion of conformity and cure in terms of group behaviours.​
"But initiation must go on until the barrier is passed, until the misty bastions of infantile Trawenfells change into the rocks and crags of eternity; the garden of Klingsor into the City of God."​

It does not matter, ultimately, whether the new dimension, the redeeming factor, the "Saviour", is a beast or a god, so long as the formula of Matter is transcended, or, more precisely, so long as the Spirit (Shin) and Matter (Teth) are realized as One.
Grant, Kenneth (1972) The Magical Revival. Skoob Publishing.

freethinker

Controversial
I don't know much about Latin, but that it is called a dead language. However, for a dead language it seems to be used a lot. It's used in medicine. It's used on currency. it's used in colleges. So why is it called a dead language when it is used so much?

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
I don't know much about Latin, but that it is called a dead language. However, for a dead language it seems to be used a lot. It's used in medicine. It's used on currency. it's used in colleges. So why is it called a dead language when it is used so much?
It's regarded as a "dead language" because it's not used by people in their everyday life anywhere.

Also:
In ancient times for English and Greek, as two examples, there was formal language and informal language.
In our modern world, we no longer use formal language as distinct from informal language.
(For example, do you ever write using the formal pronouns "thee" or "thou" instead of the pronoun "You"?)

Yes, Latin terms are still used in science for animal/plant species names.

Last edited:

M&M

Self-Born Unicorn
In this poem
The Tree of Life
Behold that before the emanations were emanated and the creatures were created,
The upper simple light had filled the whole existence.
And there was no vacancy, such as an empty atmosphere, a hollow, or a pit,
But all was filled with simple, boundless light.
And there was no such part as head, or tail,
But everything was simple, smooth light, balanced evenly and equally,
And it was called the Endless Light.
And when upon His simple will, came the desire to create the world
and emanate the emanations,
To bring to light the perfection of His deeds, His names, His appellations,
Which was the cause of the creation of the worlds,
He then restricted Himself, in the middle,
Precisely in the center,
He restricted the light.
And the light drew far off to the sides around that middle point.
And there remained an empty space, a vacuum
Circling the middle point.
And the restriction had been uniform
Around the empty point,
So that the space
Was evenly circled around it.

There, after the restriction,
Having formed a vacuum and a space
Precisely in the middle of the endless light,
A place was formed,
Where the emanated and the created might reside.
Then from the Endless Light a single line hung down,
Lowered down into that space.
And through that line, He emanated, created, formed, and
Made all the worlds.
Before these four worlds came to be
There was one infinite, one name, in wondrous, hidden unity,
And even in the angles closest to Him
There is no force and no attainment in The Endless,
As there is no mind that can perceive Him,
For He has no place, no boundary, no name.
(The Ari,
a great 16th century Kabbalist)
by The Ari (a great 16th century Kabbalist) there's a part which seems to refer to THETA and DAATH (the hidden sefirot) which is named KNOWLEDGE in original kabbalistic Trees of Life (as a comment aside, A.C. seems also to have changed the numbers and names of those original paths).

" ... And when upon His simple will, came the desire to create the world
Precisely in the center,
He restricted the light.
Around the empty point,
So that the space
" (...)

A bit more qabalistic info relating Babalon, Binah, and Understanding/Theta.
(snip)

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I remembered exteriorizing upwards in succession thru our natural worlds/ dynamics, thousands of years ago. It was a mystical practice and it reminds me of this graph that used to represent Kabbalah before the 'tree'. These practices are ancient (before any written language) and precede their revival in the Zohar.

1571219168313.png

We are told that this is a series of concentric circles – though, to be more precise, they are spirals – that consist of angels, stars and elements, mapping a hierarchy descending from God. In academic papers, we are informed that Fludd’s scheme was the same as the one laid down in the early Renaissance by the likes of Pico della Mirandola, a pupil of Marsilo Ficino, who in 1460 had translated the Hermetic texts into Latin, introducing a body of ancient knowledge into Western Europe that helped shape the Renaissance. Throughout Fludd’s books, there are quotes from Ficino’s Latin translation, confirming this conclusion. Pico himself is credited with adding the Kabbalah – a Jewish mystic tradition based on the Tree of Life – to the Hermetic texts. So even though the diagram of the spheres is often linked with Fludd, he was “merely” the one who created a depiction that was published and survived the test of time – he was one in a long line of magi that investigated this sacred science of correspondences.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: M&M

M&M

Self-Born Unicorn
Was watching the above Tree of Life image and wondered when/how on Earth did that label change.
Sometimes being short-sighted (with a touch of memory loss) can lead to interesting findings ...
Just sharing.
BEAUTY IS REALITY AND REALITY IS BEAUTY.png

Caroline

clerk #2
Wow, good insights, everyone!

hermetic.com said:
Daäth and the Abyss
In modern Kabbalah there is a well developed notion of an Abyss between the three supernal sephiroth of Kether, Chokhmah, and Binah, and the seven lower sephiroth. When one looks at the progress of the Lightning Flash down the Tree of Life, then one finds that it follows the path structure connecting sephiroth except when it makes the jump from Binah to Chesed, thus reinforcing this idea of a “gap” or “gulf” which has to be crossed. This notion of an Abyss is extremely old and has found its way into Kabbalah in several different forms, and in the course of time they have all been mixed together into the notion of “the Great Abyss”; the Great Abyss is one of those things so necessary that like God, if it didn't already exist, it would have to be invented.

One of the earliest sources for the Abyss comes from the Bible:
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”
https://hermetic.com/caduceus/qabalah/046_kab
Hubbard wrote in Dianetics: The Original Thesis (1951):

It is a purpose of Dianetics to pass man across the abyss of irrational, solely reactive thought and enter him upon a new stage of constructive progression to the ultimate goal.

Hubbard's definitions for Scientology relate to Knowledge/Daäth and "knowing how to know:"

SCIENTOLOGY, 1. it is formed from the Latin word scio, which means know or distinguish, being related to the word scindo, which means cleave. (Thus, the idea of differentiation is strongly implied.) It is formed from the Greek word logos, which means THE WORD, or OUTWARD FORM BY WHICH THE INWARD THOUGHT IS EXPRESSED AND MADE KNOWN: also THE INWARD THOUGHT or REASON ITSELF. Thus, SCIENTOLOGY means KNOWING ABOUT KNOWING, or SCIENCE OF KNOWLEDGE. (Scn 8- 80, p. 8 ) 2. Scientology addresses the thetan. Scientology is used to increase spiritual freedom, intelligence, ability, and to produce immortality. (HCOB 22 Apr 69) 3. an organized body of scientific research knowledge concerning life, life sources and the mind and includes practices that improve the intelligence, state and conduct of persons. (HCOB 9 Jul 59) 4. a religious philosophy in its highest meaning as it brings man to total freedom and truth. (HCOB 18 Apr 67) 5. the science of knowing how to know answers. It is a wisdom in the tradition of ten thousand years of search in Asia and Western civilization. It is the science of human affairs which treats the livingness and beingness of man, and demonstrates to him a pathway to greater freedom. (COHA, p. 9) 6. an organization of the pertinencies which are mutually held true by all men in all times, and the development of technologies which demonstrate the existence of new phenomena not hitherto known, which are useful in creating states of beingness considered more desireable by man. (COHA, p. 9) 7. the science of knowing how to know. It is the science of knowing sciences. It seeks to embrace the sciences and humanities as a clarification of knowledge itself. Into all these things–biology, physics, psychology and life itself–the skills of Scientology can bring order and simplification. (Scn 8-8008, p. 11) 8. the study of the human spirit in its relationship to the physical universe and its living forms. (Abil 146) 9 . a science of life. It is the one thing senior to life because it handles all the factors of life. It contains the data necessary to live as a free being. A reality in Scientology is a reality on life. (Aud 27 UK) 10. a body of knowledge which, when properly used, gives freedom and truth to the individual. (COHA, p. 251) 11. Scientology is an organized body of scientific research knowledge concerning life, life sources and the mind and includes practices that improve the intelligence, state and conduct of persons. (Abil Mi 104) 12. knowledge and its application in the conquest of the material universe. (HCL 1, 5203CM03A) 13. an applied philosophy designed and developed to make the able more able. In this sphere it is tremendously successful. (HCO PL 27 Oct 64) 14. an applied religious philosophy dealing with the study of knowledge, which through the application of its technology, can bring about desirable changes in the conditions of life. (HCO PL 15 Apr 71R)
Hubbard, L. R., (1975) Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization.

SCIENTOLOGY, 1. the word Scientology is one which you might say is anglicized. It comes from the Latin Scio and the Greek Logos, with Scio the most emphatic statement of know we had in the Western world. And ology (from Logos) of course means “study of.” Scio is “knowing in the fullest sense of the word” and the Western world recognizes in it and in the word science something close to a truth. (PXT,, p. 1) 2. a religion in the oldest sense of the word, a study of wisdom. Scn is a study of man as a spirit in his relationship to life and the physical universe. It is non-denominational. By that is meant that Scn is open to people of all religions and beliefs and in no way tries to persuade a person from his religion, but assists him to better understand that he is a spiritual being. (BPL 6 Mar 69) 3. a religious practice applying to man’s spirit and his spiritual freedom (HCO PL 6 Apr 69) 4. the ability to change condition. The technology of how you change. (SH Spec 57, 6504CO6) 5. Scn as practiced by the Church of Scientology is a spiritual and religious guide intended to make persons more aware of themselves as spiritual beings restoring respect for self and others and not treating or diagnosing of human ailments of body or mind nor engaged in the teaching or practicing of the medical arts or sciences. (BPL 24 Sept 73RA XIII) 6. not the field of the human mind, Scn is the overall science which also includes the human mind. (541OC04) 7. Scn assumes that every man can be more able than he is and then goes ahead with very precise techniques to make him so. (551OC08) 8. the science of life. It teaches the fundamentals of life, the laws and basics of living. Our technology can be used to handle any condition that you find in life and if applied it will better those conditions. Scn is not some esoteric body of knowledge only to be used in the auditing room. It is something one can go out into the world with and use in all walks of life as well. It seems that this is a very broad and an amazing science but this is because Scn isolates and aligns the basic truths of life and life is everywhere. (BPL 21 Oct 71 I) Abbr. SCN.
Hubbard, L. R. (1976). Modern Management Technology Defined. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization United States.

In a March 28, 1950 letter to Robert Heinlein, Hubbard wrote about how his Excalibur system produced superman, or as he put it, "nul Ās":
[Wikipedia: The World of Null A]

[...]
Some serious fiction is in the making around here, but it's all pretty much side-tracked by my re-write of Excalibur, of which you ask. For two months I have been shirking my coffee and cake work for this
[4]
magnum opus. I am going to publish it. Have an offer. But when I re-read it, my war experience pointed several necessary alterations and inclusions and so I slave away. I'll be glad to pitch a galley at you when I get one in a few months. If it drives you nuts, don't sue. You were warned!
On this book thing, I trained up Sara into the routine. Never had anybody around before with enough time to spare, so I had never used the work on myself--couldn't! Case of Physician etc. So anyway, I been agonizing around losing some of the bitter years. My hip and stomach and side are well again--which
[5]
pleases me and makes a fool out of Polly. But most important I am straightening out the kinks that held down production on the money machine. Should be back to my 100,000 a month fiction plus non-fiction come April. My joi de vive is sliding up smoothly and my plotting ability is cranking back up like a Pratt and Whitney. Most important to me and yea, to my friends, is that the old wingding I went into in 1945 is vanishing, leaving a more virile, adventurous and fearless Hubbard, or is it Fosdick?
Poor Sara, she didn't know what she was in for when she consented to digest this old ms and pour me full of the necessary
[6]
swamp root oil. She's invested over a hundred hours to date and has about twenty more to go before I'm in level flight -- 30,000 feet up, flat on my back.
Strange thing. You recall your Coventry? Well, you didn't specify in your book what actual reformation took place in the society to make supermen. Got to thinking about it the other day. The system is Excalibur. It makes nul Ās. So even if it does upset a few applecarts and blow a fuse in the current moral and political system, I'm releasing it and to hell with the consequences. Know a good hide-out?
[7]
I fear the Cathollic Church is going to take one look at that book and heave a fit that would make the Mindszenty affair pale. It ain't agin religion. It just abolishes it. It aint agin anything, which is wherein lieth its deadly poison. It's science, boy, science. That's a godly word we all love.
Anyway, I'll send you a galley so you kin man the barricades in time. Cause like the chicken that et the Japanese beetle in good faith, this one is going to come straight out through the side of any society what digests it.
With this cheerful thought, we leave Savannah the beautiful. If you sniffed quick when you opened this you smelled sunshine.
My love to you both--
[Enrs] the Red

From the Heinlein archive (CORR306-02:015)

Caroline

clerk #2
Repeating Hubbard in his March 28, 1950 letter to Heinlein: "I fear the Cathollic Church is going to take one look at that book and heave a fit that would make the Mindszenty affair pale. It ain't agin religion. It just abolishes it. It aint agin anything, which is wherein lieth its deadly poison. It's science, boy, science. That's a godly word we all love."

More information about Daäth, the Black Brothers and Babalon, from Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden:

The eleventh power-zone, Daäth , is attributed to Uranus and is the Abode of the Black Brothers, when viewed from the Sphere of Malkuth (Earth). The Black Brothers are represented phenomenally by those who view the universe as an objective reality. The scientists are their prototypes. Daäth being the Gate of the Abyss is the point both of ingress into noumenon and of egress into phenomena; in other words it is the gateway of the manifestation of non-manifestation.
Choronzon (333) is Chaos in the sense of No-Word, typified by the Beast whose explosive union with Babalon [12] opens the Gates of the Abyss and admits the forces of Universe 'B' (the Meon).
________
[12] The prototype of manifestation.
Grant, Kenneth (1994) Nightside of Eden. Skoob Books Publishing
Emphasis added.

Also very relevant to Scientology is the "Tree of Death." Definition also from Nightside of Eden:

Tree of Death: The averse Tree of Life with its tunnels of Set[1] to which Daäth is the Gateway.
Daäth is the gateway to the ‘other’ world – Universe ‘B’ – sentinelled by the Beast 666 […] hence its association with death as the formula of transition form the phenomenal world of appearance to its source in noumenon; the absence of the apparent and the presence of the real.
Grant, Kenneth (1994) Nightside of Eden. Skoob Books Publishing

Scientology's "Tree of Death:"

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I had to look up Universe B.

In Google reads around page 105, some more of the workings of the tree.

Caroline

clerk #2
I had to look up Universe B.

In Google reads around page 105, some more of the workings of the tree.

I appreciate that, Hatshepshut.

... the Meon, or Universe B, a zone of “non-being”that acts as a mirror to the reality we know. This alternate reality is supposedly not threatening in itself, but when this alternate universe touches our own, it creates zones of uncertainty, which, according to Bertiaux, can lead to the creation of what we know as evil.
Necronomicon Files: The Truth Behind Lovecraft's Legend
By Daniel Harms, John Wisdom Gonce
There's also an essay about Universe B here: Occult view of Universe B how dangerous is it?

Your post reminded me of a related concept in the NOTs materials, which Hubbard explained in terms of BT phenomena:

L. Ron Hubbard said:
“SOMETHING THAT ISN’T THERE”
It’s also possible to run into a BT thinking he is “negative mass” and cutting off perception or sensation in an area.

Occasionally you may run into some BTs hanging together in a mocked up vacuum. Some BTs have a “something that isn’t there”. They were withdrawing from something, but there was nothing there. It’s either suppressed out of existence or it happened once and they stuck in the pattern of withdrawing; they can even justify and think ther’s something they’re withdrawing from. They put something there to withdraw from - a negative mockup. Or they think another BT is putting something there, that isn’t there.

HCOB 26 September 1978 NOTs Series 22 Anaten
L. Ron Hubbard said:
12. SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSING CHRONIC SOMATIC AREAS OF BODY
[...]
Phenomena You are Likely to Encounter on this step:
[...]
* BTs or clusters being “negatives” - i.e. a “no ___________” like a “no stomach”, etc., these come about from intentions to obliterate and
probably are the root of sickness.

HCOB 1 November 1978 NOTs Series 27 NED for OTs Checklist
L. Ron Hubbard said:
Probably the root of sickness or psychosomatics is in negative beingnesses. BTs and clusters being the negative of a body part, such as “a no hand” or “a no stomach”, “a no body”, etc. When you ask the What? Who? questions you’ll run into answers such as “no hand”, then it will flip to the positive “hand”, before blowing. These negatives come about from intentions to obliterate - so they become a “no ________”. They tend to act as a negative terminal to a positive terminal and thus keep things pinned down. After you’ve cleaned up a somatic area of all BTs and clusters in it and being it and hidden “behind”, have the Pre-OT look for these negative beingnesses.

HCOB 29 October 1978 NOTs 32 Chronic Somatics Missed BTs
Also mentioned in the NOTs materials are terms such as "negative space," "negative mass," etc.

Caroline

clerk #2
Following is basic NOTs indoctrination that relates to "Universe B" in the sense of negative space, negative events and "denyer type chains":

L. Ron Hubbard said:
DORMANT BTs AND CLUSTERS

In NED for OTs you are actually handling, in the main, dormant BTs and clusters.

These are not really alive enough to run Incident IIs and Incident Is on. They have different considerations, these dormant BTs and clusters, but they add up to being dead or below being dead. They’re in the state that FBI agents and government officials eventually wind up in when they aren’t already simply an animated dormant cluster. If people who are busy trying to smash up Scientology realized what they themselves were
heading for, they would have a couple of other thinks, as the state of these dormant BTs and clusters is pretty grim. They are not really dead, they just hope they are. And it’s a pretty poor view looking forward to the next trillion years in that state. These aren’t normally touched in basic OT III auditing but one can become aware of them because they can produce somatics and out body conditions.

Now when you audit Dianetics on Pre-OTs, you possibly wake up very dormant BTs and clusters that actually have never been hit on OT III - never dreamed they existed. These will be uncovered especially when a Pre-OT is run on “never happened”, “wasn’t there” type chains. These are denyer type chains and running them will open up some BT channels that had been completely dormant.
[1] There’s mention of this back in the early 50’s. “You will sometimes get into parts of the bank which had better be left closed.” This is actually the phenomena that was discovered at that particular time. I just knew it existed.

It was a dormant something, in a totally dormant condition. They can’t be awakened with a hand grenade normally. They also won’t assess. So you get into these when the auditor has taken up a non-reading item. They are usually not live on a meter. They practically run on, being dormant, to the end of the universe unless somebody disturbs them. They don’t usually activate when you just put your attention on them, they’re really dead. You have to actually put some life into them to activate them. They’re like pebbles on a beach. Anyway, the EP of OT III gives only an apparency that all BTs and clusters are gone. There’s an axiom that says absolutes are unobtainable. If you don’t ever want to run into
any more BTs or clusters, well you’d better go find some universe where they don’t exist.

But actually, there are fewer of them hitting people and bouncing around than one would think. They light less often than one would suppose. But listen, you’re living in a universe which is crawling with this type of stuff. And planet Earth was a dumping ground to end all dumping grounds. Actually, the end of OT III is when those BTs and clusters that are easily put into communication are gone. It’s not when all BTs in the whole universe that ever will be, are gone.

NED for OTs handles those BTs and clusters which, while they could still affect the body, are not readily responsive to OT III handling. As NED for OTs is run these cats wake up and get handled. This relieves the Pre-OT of a lot of phenomena which puzzles him and can hold him down. As you go along in running it you will find that the material to which NED for OTs is addressed seldom considers itself live beings. It thinks it is
MEST, body parts, significances, conditions - anything but a live being. Because a thetan can’t do anything but survive, the states he can get into exceed what we normally think of as living beings. Even though you will occasionally find “live” BTs and clusters in running NED for OTs the bulk of the material you are handling considers itself outside that category. While it responds to all the laws of life it requires a special address to get it into the realm of awareness that it is alive.

You’ve never had any pcs like that unless you’ve worked in an institution and have seen some inmate living in a totally lifeless state, unaware of anything. NED for OTs handles this condition on BTs and clusters which existed without being suspected except for the occasional clue of a strange picture or a wild somatic.

HCOB 15 September 1978 NOTS Series 1 NED FOR OTS RD Theory Of
Emphasis added.

[1] "Denyers" are first discussed in Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health (1950)

Caroline

clerk #2
"Universe B" corresponds to the emotional tones between 0.0 "Body Death" to -40.0 "Total Failure" of Hubbard's "Expanded Tone Scale."

TONE SCALE, 1. we have a gradient scale from space to matter which starts at the arbitrary number of 40.0 for our purposes and goes down to 0.0 for the purposes of Homo sapiens and to —8 .0 for the purposes of estimating a thetan. This gradient scale is called the tone scale. (Scn 8-8008, p. 20) 2 . the main gradient scale of Scn. One of the most important observations which led to the formulation of this scale was the change in emotional manifestation exhibited by a person who was being processed. The progress from painful emotions to pleasant emotions was so reliable and evident on indication of success, that it became the main measuring stick of the progress of a case. (Abil 114A) 3. essentially an assignation of numerical value by which individuals can be numerically classified. It is not arbitrary but will be found to approximate some actual governing law in nature. (DTOT, p. 59) 4. under affinity we have the various emotional tones ranged from the highest to the lowest and these are, in part, serenity (the highest level), enthusiasm (as we proceeded downward towards the baser affinities), conservatism, boredom, antagonism, anger, covert hostility, fear, grief, apathy. This in Scn is called the tone scale. (FOT, p. 40) 5. a scale which plots the descending spiral of life from full vitality and consciousness through half-vitality and half-consciousness down to death. (SA, p. 37) 6. the range of emotion. The tone scale goes in harmonics of movement, and that is all. (5203CM04B) 7. a study of varying degrees of ARC. (COHA, p. 162)

Hubbard, L. R., (1975) Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary, Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization.

The "Know To Mystery" scale is also relevant in this discussion about Daäth, Knowledge, Theta, etc.:

Caroline

clerk #2
In this poem
The Tree of Life
Behold that before the emanations were emanated and the creatures were created,
The upper simple light had filled the whole existence.
And there was no vacancy, such as an empty atmosphere, a hollow, or a pit,
But all was filled with simple, boundless light.
And there was no such part as head, or tail,
But everything was simple, smooth light, balanced evenly and equally,
And it was called the Endless Light.
And when upon His simple will, came the desire to create the world
Precisely in the center,
He restricted the light.
Around the empty point,
So that the space

There, after the restriction,
Having formed a vacuum and a space
Precisely in the middle of the endless light,
A place was formed,
Where the emanated and the created might reside.
Then from the Endless Light a single line hung down,
Lowered down into that space.
And through that line, He emanated, created, formed, and
Made all the worlds.
Before these four worlds came to be
There was one infinite, one name, in wondrous, hidden unity,
And even in the angles closest to Him
There is no force and no attainment in The Endless,
As there is no mind that can perceive Him,
For He has no place, no boundary, no name.
(The Ari,
a great 16th century Kabbalist)
by The Ari (a great 16th century Kabbalist) there's a part which seems to refer to THETA and DAATH (the hidden sefirot) which is named KNOWLEDGE in original kabbalistic Trees of Life (as a comment aside, A.C. seems also to have changed the numbers and names of those original paths).

" ... And when upon His simple will, came the desire to create the world
Precisely in the center,
He restricted the light.
Around the empty point,
So that the space
" (...)
What an interesting poem and perspective. Thanks for posting.

It reminded me of Aleister Crowley's "Naples Arrangement" and Hubbard's "The Factors."

From The Factors:

L. Ron Hubbard said:
17. And the opinion of the viewpoint regulates the consideration of the forms, their stillness or their motion, and these considerations consist of assignment of beauty or ugliness to the forms and these considerations alone are art.
Emphasis mine.

Was watching the above Tree of Life image and wondered when/how on Earth did that label change.
Sometimes being short-sighted (with a touch of memory loss) can lead to interesting findings ...
Just sharing.
View attachment 485
Hm. I see what looks like a Theta symbol there at the bottom of the yellow ring labeled RAPHAEL. And in the center I can make out YHVH and DAATH, but not the middle word.

I see that the diagram you posted indicates that it contains Enochian correspondences. I understand Parsons and Hubbard employed Enochian sex magic in the Babalon Working, but I am not familiar with Enochian literature.

Caroline

clerk #2
“The name of the Dweller in the Abyss is Choronzon, but he is not really an individual. The Abyss is empty of being; it is filled with all possible forms, each equally inane, each therefore evil in the only true sense of the word - that is, meaningless but malignant, in so far as it craves to become real. These forms swirl senselessly into haphazard heaps like dust devils, and each chance aggregation asserts itself to be an individual and shrieks `I am I!' though aware all the time that its elements have no true bond; so that the slightest disturbance dissipates the delusion just as a horseman, meeting a dust devil, brings it in showers of sand to the earth.” [...]
That's a great quote! I'm struck by the similarity between this description of the Abyss, and Hubbard's description of Dormant BTs and Clusters.

The basic NOTs process addresses these dormant BTs and clusters by getting them to answer two questions: 1. What are you? and 2. Who are you? The end phenomena of the process occurs when the BT or BTs blow off the Pre-OT with a cognition of "I'm me!" "I'm me!" "I'm me!"

Last edited:

Caroline

clerk #2
I remembered exteriorizing upwards in succession thru our natural worlds/ dynamics, thousands of years ago. It was a mystical practice and it reminds me of this graph that used to represent Kabbalah before the 'tree'. These practices are ancient (before any written language) and precede their revival in the Zohar.

View attachment 482

We are told that this is a series of concentric circles – though, to be more precise, they are spirals – that consist of angels, stars and elements, mapping a hierarchy descending from God. In academic papers, we are informed that Fludd’s scheme was the same as the one laid down in the early Renaissance by the likes of Pico della Mirandola, a pupil of Marsilo Ficino, who in 1460 had translated the Hermetic texts into Latin, introducing a body of ancient knowledge into Western Europe that helped shape the Renaissance. Throughout Fludd’s books, there are quotes from Ficino’s Latin translation, confirming this conclusion. Pico himself is credited with adding the Kabbalah – a Jewish mystic tradition based on the Tree of Life – to the Hermetic texts. So even though the diagram of the spheres is often linked with Fludd, he was “merely” the one who created a depiction that was published and survived the test of time – he was one in a long line of magi that investigated this sacred science of correspondences.
It's fascinating how our psychic maps have apparently evolved through the centuries. Thanks for this, Hatshepsut.

In Scientology indoc, there is nothing positive about the subconscious/unconscious. And the only guiding agency is L. Ron Hubbard, Commodore, Founder, Source.

Hatshepsut

That's a great quote! I'm struck by the similarity between this description of the Abyss, and Hubbard's description of Dormant BTs and Clusters.
Yes! Yes! It's pure potential. I mean, if you're inclined to ask the cluster or BT "What were you before you became that?", you're obviously going to see that there is no concrete identity, it's all just consideration of 'hats'.

Scary...'each chance aggregation asserts itself to be an individual and shrieks `I am I!' This means this type consciousness can take on ANY idea... that's the swirling Abyss. Ah, but what level consciousness is this? About as confusing as the idea of cast off 'shells' or qlippoths.

I don't know why the contents of that Abyss are often 'evil', unless it's just because they are unpredictable. If they are malignant, it may be they are partially energies from some earlier games which ended. Else why wouldn't they be neurtral and not have a chip on the shoulder to act out. And the fact is, these energies are often disturbing and unmocking to the cohesive personalities confronting them. My opinion is all life once emanated into this world craves to have some purpose or function, else it would dissipate. (" meaningless but malignant, in so far as it craves to become real.")

Energies not recognized to be in a particular category by the mind, un- defined, are often regarded as triple threats. One knows there's potential for attacks or alliance.

I have had a few changes of viewpoint on BTs and clusters over the years, and now view some of this phenomena differently. On early grades, I noticed how big of a thief I was. I could rip off game identities as if tiny universes afloat within the gravitational field of some being I came near. I was awestruck at how steal-able these packages were......like kids trading baseball cards.

1571355695101.png

Last edited:
Reactions: M&M

Caroline

clerk #2
In The Book of Thoth, Aleister Crowley explains several important symbols of Babalon, which symbols are represented in his tarot deck. Some of these symbols and explanations has significant correspondence in Scientology.

We know from the Philadelphia Doctorate Course (1952), and elsewhere, that Hubbard was familiar with Crowley's philosophy and books.

L. Ron Hubbard said:
A magician, uh.. the magic cults of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th centuries in the Middle East were fascinating. The only modern work that has anything to do with them is a trifle wild in spots, but it’s fascinating work in itself, and that’s work written by Aleister Crowley, the late Aleister Crowley, my very good friend. And uh.. he.. he did himself a splendid uh.. piece of aesthetics built around those magic cults. Uh.. it’s very interesting reading to get ahold of a copy of a book, quite rare, but it can be obtained, THE MASTER THERION, T-h-e-r-i-o-n, THE MASTER THERION by Aleister Crowley. He signs himself The Beast, the mark of the beast six sixty-six. Very, very something or other, but anyway the.. Crowley exhumed a lot of the data from these old magic cults.

And uh.. he.. he, as a matter of fact, handles cause and effect quite a bit. Cause and effect is.. is handled according to a ritual. And it’s interesting that whenever you have any of these things you can always assign a ritual to it and that ritual is what you do in order to accomplish this. Or how you have to go through and how many motions you have to make to come into the ownership of that. And that’s a ritual.

Or how many motions or words you have to say in order to be something else. Now that’s a ritual. And that is a.. each ritual is a cycle of some sort or another. Now you can have cycles that start low and end high, but because Homo Sapiens has agreed to a cycle that starts with space and ends with matter, when Homo Sapiens starts into a cycle of action he finds himself up with his hands full of gold and with shackles on every limb.

Now he continually knows completely that all he has to do is start low and go high. He.. he knows that. Uh.. he said, “Well, now all we have to do is go up this gradient scale - ta-da-dada-pa-ba.” And he hasn’t had a route that led through anything to reverse this cycle because he had agreed so heavily to having the cycle of action which is this MEST universe itself, he can’t bring himself to completely reverse this without backtracking the agreement cycle merely because he’s ethical and his word is good.

However bad he may seem to you at this level on the tone scale, he isn’t bailed out of it for one reason and that is his word is good.

Now when he backtracks this cycle of action he just has to back it up and you’ve got to start low and arrive high, and in Scientology we have as far as I know in this universe a.. as far as I know the first time we have a cycle of action which starts low and goes high and gets there.

And doesn’t start with the low we have and then denies its existence and just tries to wipe that out and sails off someplace else.

There’s something like a cul-de-sac, a blind alley, a box canyon; you come galloping into the MEST universe full of vim and vigor and all of a sudden crash - here you are at the bottom of the tone scale, the cycle of action.

Now we have a cycle of action which goes backwards. It starts with stop, which is Homo Sapiens, and ends with intention, which is your thetan bailed out all the way.
[1] Good workable cycle of action. What you’re studying, if the truth be known, is a cycle of action which can apply because it is very carefully based upon the reversal of the cycle of action which made the MEST universe.

And in order to make this new cycle of action the cycle of action originally agreed to broadly and generally had to be completely understood. Now that we’ve got that cycle of action we can turn it backwards. But it isn’t backwards; it’s forwards and upwards, because our sole motive
here isn’t simply the reversal of a cycle of action. We’re trying to establish a cycle of action in this universe which will work for individuals. And it works; Scientology 8-8008 is a design of a new cycle of action.

That’s a design right there. It tells what the cycle of action goes to: an unapplied infinity, a potential, and it tells how you get there and it says you go up tone scale, and you see MEST universe is infinity at the bottom of the tone scale. It’s all a motion, it’s all a matter. It’s all somebody else’s and none of your own. You see, actually motion becomes an all-motion becomes a no-motion and that’s matter, so you’ve got.. you start there at the infinity which is the MEST universe, and the MEST universe is never more real than from four down.

And you go back up the line of that and you’re going upscale all the time, and you’re getting upscale there and the MEST universe ceases to be, completely, at 40.0. Just isn’t. For the preclear, you say you’re bringing him up tone scale. You’re bringing him up to the point where the MEST universe is going to be zero.

Hubbard, L. R. (1952-12-05). Conditions of Space, Time, Energy. (Philadelphia Doctorate Course, 5212C05C). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Emphasis added.
[1] Hubbard's Tone scale charts emotion between "Total Failure" at -40.0 and "Serenity of Beingness" at +40.0. Tone 40 is "Intention without Reservation."

"The Master Therion" is another name for Aleister Crowley, as can be seen on the cover of The Book of Thoth. This book provides explanations for the imagery contained in the Crowley Tarot deck, and is likely the book Hubbard was recommending to his Philadelphia Doctorate Course students.

Caroline

clerk #2
THE TAROT AND THE HOLY QABALAH
THE NEXT issue is the Holy Qabalah. This is a very simple subject, and presents no difficulties to the ordinary intelligent mind. There are ten numbers in the decimal system; and there is a genuine reason why there should be ten numbers, and only ten, in a numerical system which is not merely mathematical, but philosophical. It is necessary, at this point, to introduce the “Naples Arrangement”. But first of all, one must understand the pictorial representation of the Universe given by the Holy Qabalah. (See diagram.)This picture represents the Tree of Life, which is a map of the Universe. One must begin, as a mathematician would, with the idea of Zero, Absolute Zero, which turns out on examination to mean any quantity that one may choose, but not, as the layman may at first suppose, Nothing, in the “absence-of-anything” vulgar sense of the word.
(See “Berashith”, Paris, 1902).

The Book of Thoth cover features the Universe card, or map of the Universe.

Hubbard's "Static" corresponds with Crowley's "Nothing". From Hubbard's Scientology 0-8: The Book of Basics:

The Axioms of Dianetics
[1951]
Axiom 1: The source of life is a static [1] of peculiar and particular properties.
Axiom 2: At least a portion of the static called life is impinged [2] upon the physical universe.
_____
[1] static: something that has no mass, no location and no position in time, and which has no wavelength at all.
[2] impinged: struck, hit or dashed (on, upon or against something).
Static relates to Theta, as shown in the Tech Dictionary definition:

STATIC, 1. a static is something without mass, without wavelength, without time, and actually without position. That’s a static and that is the definition of zero. (5410CM06) 2. a static by definition, is something that is in a complete equilibrium. It isn’t moving and that’s why we’ve used the word static. Not in an engineering sense but in its absolute dictionary sense. (5608C–) 3. an actuality of no mass, no wave-length, no position in space or relation in time, but with the quality of creating or destroying mass or energy, locating itself or creating space, and of re-relating time. (Dn 55!, p. 29) 4. something which has no motion. The word is from the Latin, sto meaning stand. No part of mest can be static, but theta is static. Theta has no motion. Even when the mest it controls is moving in space and time, theta is not moving, since theta is not in space or time. (Abil 114A) 5. has no motion, it has no width, length, breadth, depth; it is not held in suspension by an equilibrium of forces; it does not have mass; it does not contain wave-lengths; it has no situation in time or space. (Scn 8-8008, p. 13) 6. the simplest thing there is is a static, but a static is not nothingness. These are not synonyms. We speak of it carelessly as a nothingness. That’s because we say nothingness in relationship to the space and objects of the material universe. Life has a quality. It has an ability. When we say nothingness we simply mean it has no quantity. There is no quantitative factor. (5411CM05) 7. a static, in physics, is called something which is “an equilibrium of forces.” (Dn 55! p. 27)
Hubbard, L. R., (1975) Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization.

Last edited: