How to Leave?

Marko Ex

@Riddick

Yes, a lot of it is pseudo-science rhetoric but that is not everything in Scientology.
The feel-good feelings from auditing does not necessarily require any rhetoric.

Scientology is about pseudo-science rhetoric (training) AND creating brain neurotransmitter effects (auditing).
The e-meter changes in T/A and needle movements is caused by changes in brain activity that affects skin resistance to mild electric current.
This can lead to false memories (some are correct and some are not).
The e-meter does NOT measure changes in brain activity; it DOES measure electrodermal activity. Electrodermal activity can be affected by factors other than emotional response("brain activity").
"Correct memories" contacted via non-consensual trance induction/hypnosis combined with indoctrination? Really?

The e-meter does NOT measure changes in brain activity; it DOES measure electrodermal activity. Electrodermal activity can be affected by factors other than emotional response("brain activity").
"Correct memories" contacted via non-consensual trance induction/hypnosis combined with indoctrination? Really?
One thing I know about electronics, that needle will only move for one reason, and that is current becomes more difficult to flow through a circuit, or easier. We can look at it in terms of voltage, resistance, amperage, wattage. But it's basically resistance to current flow and the other items can be calculated thereby. So, when you say 'electrodermal', it's one of these legs of the electronic table with respect to skin. Since the emeter doesn't actually spell out these things, just know that it is these things which affect the needle and they are all four legs of the same table. But no matter where you place the electrodes, it boils down to how easy current flows through a circuit. More resistance increases voltage, need moves one way, less resistance, less voltage, needle moves the other way. a floating needle is basically a sine wave. I never actually saw one on the HSDC, though I saw a lot of meandering needles and thus assumed they were 'floating' needles though they didn't fit the precise description, ( which only a sine wave could produce to achieve what the text describes about F/Ns).

Whether the brain can actually produce a perfect sine wave, I don't know that, either. I doubt it, (not for any length of time ) but maybe it's possible, I mean, they did get the idea from somewhere, observing them, but I never, really, saw one of all the 50 hours I audited on Dianetics, they just were nonexistent. The needle wandered, the PC gave VGIs, I could tell the PC felt the session was over, and so I ended the session. I really don't give a damn if the needle was actually 'floating' or not, I felt it would have been suppressive to take the PC any further, given what I was sensing from the PC. This is an art, not a science. Hypnotherapy, psychology, etc, it's an art, based on lots of empirical observations, assumptions, it's not science, though science will try and play a part. I mean, if the C/S, and the scientological powers that be didn't like it, well, take this job and shove it, I don't work here no more.

Now, what causes resistance/voltage ( etc ) to vary and thus the needle to move? Well, perspiration will make skin less resistant; holding the cans tighter will probably increase resistance, emotional stress will affect it ( which way, I don't know ) , etc. When the Tone Arm rises, I my guess is that the DC bias level in the circuit is changing, (which pushes the needle reads off the dial and you adjust the T/A to bring it back on the dial, by adjusting the DC bias level ) though I'm not sure on that point. What do these things mean? In my view, Hubbard is the type of unscientific fellow who will not be able to resist novel ideas, and assume they are true ( f/n, rock slam, etc ). So, without a number of scientific peer reviewed studies regarding the e meter to establish, precisely, what the reads mean, it's just pseudo science.

In my view, you would do the "PC" a lot better just by getting rid of the Emeter, so meter read assumptions, which may be wrong, and thus harm the individual, will be eliminated. (caveat, it's been some 40 years since I took electronics classes, so I might be foggy on some details, such as 'when R increases, V increases, and A decreases' etc. I did have, at one point, the Naval equivalent of an Associate in Electronics, but I can barely remember my transistor theory :) ).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

When I was running Call-In at AOLA, every now and then I’d call someone to complete this, that or the other and be told by the person he was on a “Persistent F/N.”

At least half of those never came back, just kept talking about how great they were doing any time I called. “No, sorry, can’t come in. I’m still on a Persistent F/N!” :D

Then a year or two later, I saw an SP Declare on one for going over to David Mayo’s group! :omg:

Persistent F:N. :hysterical: What a great way to blow! It takes forever to catch up with the person! :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator: