Failure to describe SCN

Bill

What "other aspect" are you taking about?
What "warning" would you give about this "other aspect"?
Ok, does anyone know what @Veda means by "warning about some ’other aspect’ "?

Seriously, I just don't understand what @Veda wants us to be warning newbys about and @Veda isn't telling.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

What "other aspect" are you taking about?
What "warning" would you give about this "other aspect"?
Bill also asked (see previous post, above): Ok, does anyone know what @Veda means by "warning about some ’other aspect’ "?

I would guess Veda is referring to another sentence he wrote:

"No one warned about Scientology's disguise aspect,
or about how it uses good ideas and good people."
-Veda

I have no clue why Veda is claiming that "no one warned about" that. Seems to me that every form of media and website on the internet that has published criticisms, debunkings, exposes, books, articles, interviews, videos, whistleblowing, documentaries and other illuminations of Hubbard's hoax has set off a deafening din of warning sirens.

CONCLUSION: I am not able to clay demo what Veda is talking about. My clay table looks like an amorphous god-awful chunk of clay. In order to turn my loss into a win, I just changed the overall label to "CLAY", so that when someone checks me out, I will be able to get a "pass" as well as valuable student points for my graph.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Reposted from ESMB
I've stayed clear of ever getting involved in the got gains/didn't get gains
debates during many years of lurking around the message boards.
Probably because the debates end up going on forever without resolution
and I don't have enough of an attention span for a "forever" topic.

In real life I've told people who are exiting Scientology that the most important
thing they can do is not deny, discard, or invalidate any wins or gains they
DID get.
Any benefit they achieved is theirs to keep. I mean why deny any
personal betterment or change from whatever the source
, be it auditing,
a book, a college course, a YouTube video, or whatever.

Watching the debates, I've noticed that ex-scientologists can also take sides
about talk therapy in general. The issue being: Will any type of talk therapy,
now or in the future, ever produce significant changes in people or are we pretty
much doomed to live the way we are, good or bad?

Rest of my 2018 post if curious . . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or not. :LOL:

freethinker

Controversial

freethinker

Controversial
Remarkable!​
CUT TO: Final Colonel Kurtz scene in "APOCALYPSE NOW".​
COLONEL KURTZ​
The horror. . . The horror. . . The horror. . .​
Colonel Klink, "I know nothing"

Veda

Maybe a little clarification would be useful.

-snip-
I would guess Veda is referring to another sentence he wrote:

"No one warned about Scientology's disguise aspect,
or about how it uses
(some) good ideas and (some) good people."
-Veda

I have no clue why Veda is claiming that "no one warned about" that. Seems to me that every form of media and website on the internet that has published criticisms, debunkings, exposes, books, articles, interviews, videos, whistleblowing, documentaries and other illuminations of Hubbard's hoax has set off a deafening din of warning sirens.

-snip-
You almost had it. You seemed to have understood, then you didn't understand. :scratch:

Oh well.

This is not something that is conveyed with the "deafening din of sirens."

There was an abundance of criticism and debunking in magazines, for decades, before the Internet existed, and there were people who ignored that, just as there are people who ignore the Internet today. Often it's because they've come across one thing or one person that they like, and it causes them to discount the criticism - criticism that, inevitably, did not fully describe the covert operation of Scientology.

Here's a link to the YOU KNEW AND STILL JOINED thread.

And shifting from those getting in to those getting out (or contemplating getting out), here's a link to a post from a new member of ESMB from a while back.

Perhaps reading it may be helpful.

And changing the subject, here's a link to the Reincarnation thread.

:byefly:

Zertel

The flip side of the coin would be if scn didn't do you any good did it do you any harm? Scn covered a multitude of concepts which were at least worth considering. I thought it was an interesting and worthwhile life experience.

Bill

Maybe a little clarification would be useful.
<snip>
And shifting from those getting in to those getting out (or contemplating getting out), here's a link to a post from a new member of ESMB from a while back.

Perhaps reading it may be helpful.
This has been said by others pretty simply:
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Christians often say "Love the sinner, hate the sin" which is similar.

Perhaps what you want to say is more like:

Great minds criticize Scientology tech/claims/results, average minds criticize Scientologists' actions, small minds criticize Scientologists.

I'm not sure why this was difficult for you to simply say it, but I do agree with the concept.

HelluvaHoax!

You almost had it. You seemed to have understood, then you didn't understand. :scratch:
What did I do that made you think I nearly found out about it? LOL

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
@PirateAndBum, quick question.

If the message board activity total = 63 (members: 4, guests: 59)

Does that mean there are 59 actual people (guests) visiting or does that number
include robots and website crawlers also?

Veda

This has been said by others pretty simply:
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Christians often say "Love the sinner, hate the sin" which is similar.

Perhaps what you want to say is more like:

Great minds criticize Scientology tech/claims/results, average minds criticize Scientologists' actions, small minds criticize Scientologists.

I'm not sure why this was difficult for you to simply say it, but I do agree with the concept.
That's a fine sentiment, but that's not what I was saying.

Veda

Cool! So what were you saying? Can you just say it?
Go to the list of my threads at the original ESMB. I've said it numerous times in a variety of ways.

Bill

Go to the list of my threads at the original ESMB. I've said it numerous times in a variety of ways.
Yeah, that's like trying to figure out a puzzle. You have a wall of words that you want me to dig through and try to figure out your message. I've tried but you just said, "that's not what I'm saying". I'm no longer interested in playing "guess my message" with you.

If you don't want to simply say your message in 25 words or so, I'm not going to try to guess it. It's your message that you seem to be frustrated that it isn't getting through. Well, here is your opportunity to simply and briefly SAY it.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm not attacking you, I'm only curious.

Veda

Yeah, that's like trying to figure out a puzzle. You have a wall of words that you want me to dig through and try to figure out your message. I've tried but you just said, "that's not what I'm saying". I'm no longer interested in playing "guess my message" with you.

If you don't want to simply say your message in 25 words or so, I'm not going to try to guess it. It's your message that you seem to be frustrated that it isn't getting through. Well, here is your opportunity to simply and briefly SAY it.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm not attacking you, I'm only curious.
It's explained in this thread. Apparently you have a mental block that prevents you from understanding. It's one of those things. Don't take it personally.

OK. Maybe this will penetrate. Link to Inoculating posts for newbies thread. See post number two, third paragraph. There appears to be a "hard wiring" problem.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
I suspect @Veda may be unhappy with the way we have moved on as individuals and the way ESMB has evolved over 12 or so years ... I also believe most of us did not join to try and be therapists or deprogrammers.

Indies are not ex-scientologists and I am not in the business of trying to manipulate them out of their chosen lifestyle anymore than I would try to encourage Muslims to dump the Quran. I couldn't care less if indies believe every single word hubbard ever wrote and applaud a paper-mache statue of him 30 times a day ... it is only when they start trying to dominate or recruit here that I get a tiny bit antsy.

:whistle:

ESMB is and always was a cool place to hang out with friends who 'get' each other due to our mutual past and where we also encourage and welcome new people when they are ready to join us ... and always have done.

Veda

-snip-

ESMB is and always was a cool place to hang out with friends who 'get' each other due to our mutual past and where we also encourage and welcome new people when they are ready to join us ... and always have done.
Sounds good. :)

Bill

I suspect @Veda may be unhappy with the way we have moved on as individuals and the way ESMB has evolved over 12 or so years ... I also believe most of us did not join to try and be therapists or deprogrammers.

Indies are not ex-scientologists and I am not in the business of trying to manipulate them out of their chosen lifestyle anymore than I would try to encourage Muslims to dump the Quran. I couldn't care less if indies believe every single word hubbard ever wrote and applaud a paper-mache statue of him 30 times a day ... it is only when they start trying to dominate or recruit here that I get a tiny bit antsy.

:whistle:

You couldn't say "Scientology has a fake 'good' facade to draw victims in"? Ok. Whatever.

That information isn't secret.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
. . . we have moved on as individuals and the way ESMB has evolved over 12 or so years . . .
Twelve years ago there was no:
  • Going Clear - the book
  • Going Clear - the movie
  • Inside Scientology - the book
  • Troublemaker - the book
  • The Truth Rundown - Tampa Bay Times
  • The Marty Rathbun Book Trilogy
  • Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath TV Series
  • Blown for Good - the book
  • YouTube videos and podcasts and news articles galore
  • Google search for L. Ron Hubbard returns: About 6,020,000 results (1.07 seconds)
  • On and on and on . . . .
Now all heretical books, sources and articles are just a click away on the computer . . .
from the privacy of your own living room or den. No one watching, LOL.

I personally feel ESMB2 won't be the first place people look. Maybe the twentieth,
if that. The world has changed so much since original ESMB's inception in 2007, when
so many other resources just didn't yet exist.

I believe this thread is 100% overthinking and fretting about a problem that doesn't exist
. . . oh, crap . . . that's my item :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: LFBD!

Read these books and come back and see me when you're finished. I'll answer any questions
you still have or point you in the right direction. :coolwink:

Last edited: