Ex Scientologist

Veda

HelluvaHoax!

:) Well, introduce yourself, and tell us how Hubbard hypnotized you.

Cute graphic of "DR" Hubbard.

Hey I think he/she DID introduce themselves.

I know yours is an innocent, friendly and inviting question ("Introduce yourself") but I also think that anyone joining this board should be tipped off (just in case they are not familiar with Scientology's behavior on the internet) that one should only give info on this site that they feel comfortable with. And if they don't wish to be identified, they should be thoughtful about posting any information that would leave a trail of breadcrumbs back to their real life identity.

Everyone's got their own comfort zone, so I'd say that someone new coming on the site and creating a cool ID name for themselves is a perfectly lovely (and complete) introduction.

Veda

I know yours is an innocent, friendly and inviting question ("Introduce yourself") but I also think that anyone joining this board should be tipped off (just in case they are not familiar with Scientology's behavior on the internet) that one should only give info on this site that they feel comfortable with. And if they don't wish to be identified, they should be thoughtful about posting any information that would leave a trail of breadcrumbs back to their real life identity.

Everyone's got their own comfort zone, so I'd say that someone new coming on the site and creating a cool ID name for themselves is a perfectly lovely (and complete) introduction.

I guess this is a drawback of being awakened in the middle of the night and, then, not being sleepy. :scratch:

Obviously, I don't want this person to jeopardize himself/herself/themselves/itself, but I see nothing wrong with asking a person, whose moniker is LaffyHypnotizedMe, how Hubbard hypnotized him/her/them/it.

It's an interesting subject.

Some background, from 1954, referring to Hubbard:

Link to the Do Scientologists like being hypnotized? thread.

LaffyHypnotizedMe

:) Well, introduce yourself, and tell us how Hubbard hypnotized you.

Well, it started with a slick body router and didn't end till about a decade later when I woke up and realized I'd spent a lot of money at scientology but had no OT abilities. I even tried sea org for a while, but Miscavige is even a bigger idiot than Hubbard. I'm surprised this cult has managed to survive all these years.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

There was a dianetic term in auditing "freewheeling", or it was in book one. Glad I don't remember. So much for arc sw comp, right?
IIRC, "Freewheeling" was described in some early Dianetics lectures and mentioned in a few Dianetics Auditor Bulletin articles.

Near as I recollect, it was an early 1950's Dianetics auditing procedure where the bank was commanded to run (backwards in time) engram chains by itself. It was ultimately abandoned because instead of erasing these engram chains, it merely restimulated them and made preclears sick, stuck them with nasty somatics, etc.

If I can find any reference to citations to back that up, I will post them.

According to theory in the leaked HCOB's about the various OT levels, causing the reactive banks of one or more so-called "body thetans" to freewheel could be very bad, because their banks directly impinge on the Pre-OT's body.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
IIRC, "Freewheeling" was described in some early Dianetics lectures and mentioned in a few Dianetics Auditor Bulletin articles.

Near as I recollect, it was an early 1950's Dianetics auditing procedure where the bank was commanded to run (backwards in time) engram chains by itself. It was ultimately abandoned because instead of erasing these engram chains, it merely restimulated them and made preclears sick, stuck them with nasty somatics, etc.

If I can find any reference to citations to back that up, I will post them.

According to theory in the leaked HCOB's about the various OT levels, causing the reactive banks of one or more so-called "body thetans" to freewheel could be very bad, because their banks directly impinge on the Pre-OT's body.
Thanks, I kind of recalled it in dianetics, but it's been so long, well you know!

Zertel

Do I have to stop free wheeling? Because I kinda like it.
First of all, Welcome LaffyH_!!

Your post reminded me of something. I had the idea from somewhere in scn that free wheeling had the implication of uncontrollable or unstoppable thinking, most likely on a single train of thought. This might happen to a scn who was conditioned to auditing and then delved into OTIII and started reflecting on it with all types of imaginative ideas coming to mind. It might be called imagination running wild or something like that.

Regarding your post, a few years ago I was having some fun with a daydream fantasy that I might become somewhat famous in a certain field of interest. It was a very very long shot that it would ever happen but the fantasy was so much fun that I kept playing around with it. Long story short, the thing took on a life of its own and over a day later the scn term "freewheeling" came to mind (after almost 40 years out - haha) and I said to myself, or maybe out loud, "Go Do Some MEST Work!!!" which I did for a few hours which broke the "cycle". I won't do that again! Maybe I have too much of an imagination.

Last edited:

LaffyHypnotizedMe

Thank you for the kind remarks HelluvaHoax. My fascination with Scientology is watching a real life version of lord of the flies. It's both hilarious and sad.

LaffyHypnotizedMe

First of all, Welcome LaffyH...!!

Your post reminded me of something. I had the idea from somewhere in scn that free wheeling had the implication of uncontrollable or unstoppable thinking, most likely on a single train of thought. This might happen to a scn who was conditioned to auditing and then delved into OTIII and started reflecting on it with all types of imaginative ideas coming to mind. It might be called imagination running wild or something like that.

Regarding your post, a few years ago I was having some fun with a daydream fantasy that I might become somewhat famous in a certain field of interest. It was an very very long shot that it would ever happen but the fantasy was so much fun that I kept playing around with it. Long story short, the thing took on a life of its own and over a day later the scn term "freewheeling" came to mind (after almost 40 years out - haha) and I said to myself, or maybe out loud, "Go Do Some MEST Work!!!" which I did for a few hours which broke the "cycle". I won't do that again! Maybe I have too much of an imagination.
Thank you for the kind words and sharing your personal experience. ESMBR is a lively forum with surprisingly good posts. I'm glad I sparked a conversation with freewheeling. Personally, I freewheel myself to sleep every night, any more than that I'm groggy the next day.

LaffyHypnotizedMe

I guess this is a drawback of being awakened in the middle of the night and, then, not being sleepy. :scratch:

Obviously, I don't want this person to jeopardize himself/herself/themselves/itself, but I see nothing wrong with asking a person, whose moniker is LaffyHypnotizedMe, how Hubbard hypnotized him/her/them/it.

It's an interesting subject.

Some background, from 1954, referring to Hubbard:

Link to the Do Scientologists like being hypnotized? thread.
No worries, perfectly valid question. I was hypnotized by his teaching not the man himself. When I left and learned Hubbard actually was a hypnotist, sea org made sense. He'd turned ordinary people into robot mercenaries. Maybe I added it to my userid to remind myself how easy it was to put me under, so it never happens again!?

Very cool Volney post, I've read bits and pieces of it before, but not in it's entirely.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Thank you for the kind words and sharing your personal experience. ESMBR is a lively forum with surprisingly good posts. I'm glad I sparked a conversation with freewheeling. Personally, I freewheel myself to sleep every night, any more than that I'm groggy the next day.
Welcome Laffy!

I went clear the day after I left the cult behind. My EP was to perfectly recall nothing in the cult.

So far that's working pretty well. Still trying to remember to forget everything I remembered to forget.

Or something like that.....

Not really, I left late 70s, so it does get kind of hard to remember a lot of what I did learn and there's a lot I never did learn. So when some of them talk the cultspeak, I often get quite lost :dizzy:...

Anyway, feel free to share your story if you wish. No pressure. Nice to get new blood into our little gang here.

Wonder if we're getting bigger than the Church ever was now?

HelluvaHoax!

Hubbard was on the run from law enforcement most of his life. . .
I think you'll find that if you locate & clear your misunderstood words on Ron, all those critical feelings about him will instantly blow.

In fact, there is a very good reason Ron got involved in breaking so many laws during his 36 year crimewave while he defrauded others out of billions of dollars by selling them magically miraculous superpowers and a long list of other equally detestable criminal rackets. He selflessly did all these things to help research crime and find the technology to cure unethical impulses in all of us degraded humans---so that we could one day all enjoy "a world without criminality".

LRH's motivations were entirely humanitarian and purely altruistic. Had it not been so, Ron would have taken the huge fortune he amassed with him when he left Earth to continue his scientific research out in deep space. But he did not take a penny! He left all those inordinate amounts of cash, real estate holdings and other revenue generating assets behind—for us! In this respect he selflessly sacrificed himself for our spiritual salvation--much like Jesus!

Zertel

My fascination with Scientology is watching a real life version of lord of the flies. It's both hilarious and sad.
I have a similar outlook on scn and to an extent on life in general. Some things are just so absurd that I just laugh. It's a different type of a sense of humor and occasionally I'll see something which most people would consider awful but it just makes me laugh for the total absurdity of it. I'm not alone since my younger brother and a good friend also have a similar sense of humor.

In my favorite book about Buddhism called "Buddhism: A Way Of Life And Thought" by Nancy Wilson Ross (available in paperback reprint for $15) there is a picture of a painting of Kanzen and Jittoku. The caption beneath the picture reads: "Kanzen and Jittoku - Two famed Zen "idiots". Carefree followers of the simple life. Believers in the benefits of unrestrained laughter at the spectacle of the world's follies."

I'm not there yet but I'm working on it. Maybe from a Zen point of view, "Everything is the way it is just because it is, and everything is already alright already." Shortened form, "It is what it is."

Last edited:

Incognito

Welcome Laffy btw it's amazing to be out isn't it and not have to think about going on boring study or get shut in a room and have to confess sins all the time. Why did we put up with this for so long !!