E-Meters

haiqu

I see that one can buy a pair of Mk VII Quantum e-meters off eBay these days for under a grand in AUD. Considering they retailed for US$3850 when new that's a pretty good deal. I guess everyone is dumping them for the new MKUltra meters. (snigger)

I already have a Mk V, a Mk VI and a Mk Super VII so I'll probably refrain from buying them.

1622457794620.png

haiqu

My Mk Super VII has an interesting history. It was owned by the nutty guy who used to audit Ron as a detached thetan and post his worksheets to a.r.s (what the fuck was his name?) It was sold as not working, at what was a pretty good price at the time, about AU$500 shipped from Europe. It took me 35 hours to figure out what the fuckwit had done to it. There was a blown diode, but also a chip had been replaced, and he had used a socket rather than soldering it to the PCB. One of the machined pins on said socket was shorting to an adjacent track, stopping it from operating correctly.

He checked himself into a mental home shortly after I told him of his error. ROFL.

You just can't make this shit up.

Cat's Squirrel

My Mk Super VII has an interesting history. It was owned by the nutty guy who used to audit Ron as a detached thetan and post his worksheets to a.r.s (what the fuck was his name?) It was sold as not working, at what was a pretty good price at the time, about AU$500 shipped from Europe. It took me 35 hours to figure out what the fuckwit had done to it. There was a blown diode, but also a chip had been replaced, and he had used a socket rather than soldering it to the PCB. One of the machined pins on said socket was shorting to an adjacent track, stopping it from operating correctly.

He checked himself into a mental home shortly after I told him of his error. ROFL.

You just can't make this shit up.
Koos Nolst Trenite?

Reactions: Ed8

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

haiqu

I think I know of better ways to spend "under a grand in AUD". How about adopting a kitty?
Why not both?

I love cats but they seriously hamper my requirement to be able to travel at a moment's notice. Living in the country as I do, there are plenty of (domesticated) cats wandering into my yard in search of a feed. We have a mouse plague here and they're always welcome.

As my contribution to the 5th dynamic I plant fruit trees. I have a nectarine, a peach and a tahitian lime. Also potatoes and tomatoes.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
I see that one can buy a pair of Mk VII Quantum e-meters off eBay these days for under a grand in AUD. Considering they retailed for US$3850 when new that's a pretty good deal. I guess everyone is dumping them for the new MKUltra meters. (snigger)

I already have a Mk V, a Mk VI and a Mk Super VII so I'll probably refrain from buying them.

View attachment 11590
Is it possible to put the innards of the newest meter into an old Mk.V ? I like the looks of the wood case so much better. Yeah, culty types would have an infarction, "What are you doing! Thats squirreling!" Might be an interesting project.

I'm not really into e-meters or auditing but I'd buy one if I could get a custom new/old combination meter.

haiqu

Would it be possible to put the innards of the newest meter into an old Mk.V ? I like the looks of the wood case so much better. Yeah, culty types might have an infarction. "What are you doing! Thats squirrling!" Might be an interesting project.

I'm not really into e-meters or auditing but I'd buy one if I could get the new/old combination.
Hi Chuck,

Actually that's not a bad idea, but I'd have to measure up the PCB to see if it would fit. Although when you think about it that would also need a new front panel due to the LCDs. Maybe you should look into some of the Freezone meters, they look similar to what you describe. One bonus is that some of them come with a button for returning the needle to set during auditing, eliminating the need to fumble around with the Tone Arm.

Rob

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Hi Chuck,

Actually that's not a bad idea, but I'd have to measure up the PCB to see if it would fit. Although when you think about it that would also need a new front panel due to the LCDs. Maybe you should look into some of the Freezone meters, they look similar to what you describe. One bonus is that some of them come with a button for returning the needle to set during auditing, eliminating the need to fumble around with the Tone Arm.

Rob
Hmmm, maybe just make a custom wood case that can fit all the innards of the new meter in it without any trimming or cutting of the printed circuit board. A case that is similar looking to the Mk. V. I like the old-style knobs as well. The new meter is way too utilitarian and plain fugly.

I used to do stuff like this with guitars. I'd take a cheapo Telecaster knock-off and add some style to it. One thing guitar players LOVE is the fake relic-ing, i.e. a new guitar that looks old and well used but has all the modern accoutrements.

Last edited:

haiqu

Still don't have the Quantum meter. My offer was accepted but the seller is incapable of using the eBay checkout and has yet to add the shipping after half a dozen reminder emails. If it's actually possible this guy is also as weird as Koos. He runs a YouTube channel interviewing Scientologists and has been in court twice (and jailed once) for assorted crimes. He appears to either have a really low IQ or is on drugs. Or maybe both.

Sheesh, I sure pick 'em.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Still don't have the Quantum meter. My offer was accepted but the seller is incapable of using the eBay checkout and has yet to add the shipping after half a dozen reminder emails. If it's actually possible this guy is also as weird as Koos. He runs a YouTube channel interviewing Scientologists and has been in court twice (and jailed once) for assorted crimes. He appears to either have a really low IQ or is on drugs. Or maybe both.

Sheesh, I sure pick 'em.

Sounds like Andy Nolch.

haiqu

He finally figured it out! Hopefully he can manage to post it without further instructions.

So, I now own a Mk Super VII Quantum e-meter.

Zertel

Awhile back someone posted a video of two guys who had purchased an abandoned storage locker. As they were rooting through the stuff they came across a brand new Mark V e-meter. Before opening it up one guy guessed it was a radio and the other one guessed it might be a microscope. When they opened the lid one of the guys saw L. Ron Hubbard on it and said, "Hey, isn't this something Scientologists use when they do readings or something?" The other guy responded, " Yeah. Maybe we should contact John Travolta and see if he wants to buy it." True

I guess those guys were doing their own take on the "Storage Wars" TV show and posting it to the internet. The e-meter was even in the original packaging!

Last edited:

haiqu