Biden is vetting Congressmember Karen Bass as a candidate for Vice President. Bass has endorsed the Church of Scientology

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I LOVE the broad bad PR that comes from people entangling themselves with the cult for whatever reason. I hope she gets the nod from Biden, and this sets off the largest scamatology bonfire that we have ever seen!!!

Are democrats going to have to defend scamatology if that indeed happens???? When do we see that start?

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
I LOVE the broad bad PR that comes from people entangling themselves with the cult for whatever reason. I hope she gets the nod from Biden, and this sets off the largest scamatology bonfire that we have ever seen!!!

Are democrats going to have to defend scamatology if that indeed happens???? When do we see that start?
Interestingly, while it seemed like Bass's VP candidacy survived her comments about Cuba, it looks like it won't survive this.

I am an ex-Scientologist, knowledgeable about the church and as critical of the church as almost anyone, and even I was surprised by the reaction last night on Twitter. There were people swaying that they planned to vote for Biden but wouldn't if he chose Bass. There were Democrats who said they wouldn't contribute to Bowden's campaign if he chose Bass. Scientology was a trending topic on Twitter for hours last night, and the reaction was almost universally negative. No one defended Scientology. The few who tried to defend Bass argued it was a hit piece by Harris or the right wing, and/or that it was LA politics and she didnt know better.

IMHO, Bass's VP candidacy is toast. Just this last week she walked-back her Cuba comments, and now this?

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Interestingly, while it seemed like Bass's VP candidacy survived her comments about Cuba, it looks like it won't survive this.

I am an ex-Scientologist, knowledgeable about the church and as critical of the church as almost anyone, and even I was surprised by the reaction last night on Twitter. There were people swaying that they planned to vote for Biden but wouldn't if he chose Bass. There were Democrats who said they wouldn't contribute to Bowden's campaign if he chose Bass. Scientology was a trending topic on Twitter for hours last night, and the reaction was almost universally negative. No one defended Scientology. The few who tried to defend Bass argued it was a hit piece by Harris or the right wing, and/or that it was LA politics and she didnt know better.

IMHO, Bass's VP candidacy is toast. Just this last week she walked-back her Cuba comments, and now this?
Has someone here collected everything that she has said about scamatology? I watched the LA Org grand opening, and saw that she quoted flubtard, that's a real vote getter. What else has she said that is available? Now I'm super super curious!!

ISNOINews

Has someone here collected everything that she has said about scamatology? I watched the LA Org grand opening, and saw that she quoted flubtard, that's a real vote getter. What else has she said that is available? Now I'm super super curious!!
Read the Daily Caller story yesterday or Tony Ortega's story last night.

Joe Biden’s potential VP pick Karen Bass at a Scientology ‘Ideal Org’ event: Disqualifying? | The Underground Bunker

/

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
"Everyone is now aware of the allegations against Scientology."

Everyone except for scientologists!!!

Did the Biden camp tell her to make a statement?

ISNOINews

Daily Kos is a liberal website that is devoted to electing Democrats. One of their Daily Kos Staff stories today is:

Cross Karen Bass off the VP list, please, but we're going to be fine

Screenshot_20200801-110245_1596305009498.png

After embedding a Twitter video of Bass's speech praising Scientology, the author concludes:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Yeah, that is, undoubtedly, disqualifying.

Scientology is a dangerous cult. This is indisputable. (If you really want to know more, the book Going Clear is a great first step.) You know how we attack Republican candidates who have said kind things about Qanon? This is the same thing. There are lines that can’t be crossed, and this is definitely one of them.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * .

Significantly, the author had previously laid out a "case in a post advocating for California Rep. Karen Bass."

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Daily Kos is a liberal website that is devoted to electing Democrats. One of their Daily Kos Staff stories today is:

Cross Karen Bass off the VP list, please, but we're going to be fine

View attachment 5486

After embedding a Twitter video of Bass's speech praising Scientology, the author concludes:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Yeah, that is, undoubtedly, disqualifying.

Scientology is a dangerous cult. This is indisputable. (If you really want to know more, the book Going Clear is a great first step.) You know how we attack Republican candidates who have said kind things about Qanon? This is the same thing. There are lines that can’t be crossed, and this is definitely one of them.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * .

Significantly, the author had previously laid out a "case in a post advocating for California Rep. Karen Bass."
Biden had announced the VP pic would happen this week, now adding another week. Maybe their pick just got unpicked? Maybe they are seeing if this recent turn of events sticks?

I couldn't be happier!!! Except maybe if the headlines read

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY CLOSED!!!

ISNOINews