Arthur Conway Hubbard speaks

O Tease

Electronic Box Cellmate of Ron & Xenu
I couldn't tolerate being in the same room with him when I saw him around the org for about a week while I was training as a public. He just had a completely jagged space with far too much debris in his orbit is the best way I could describe my impressions of him when he was a teenager. He was not even normal let alone more clear or OT than others was another strong impression.

D

Deleted member 51

@Lee #28

Yeh, I guess you're right, but someone will have to sign onto his site to see for sure if he's promoting it.

No, Arthur doesn't have that much education. He holds his own okay, though. He's intelligent.

I'm with Lulu Belle. Arthur said a whole lot of nothing about Scientology. Still, it's not his writing style and it's a bit above his writing level. Arthur writes in first person. He write N-V-N. Arthur would write this all on his own:
October 05, 2019
I am a painter living in Los Angeles.
I was born in Washington, DC in 1958 but I grew up abroad.
Although I studied at the California Institute of the Arts I only lasted for one semester. I then went on to teach myself to draw and paint and also had help from some wonderful teachers.
I have no résumé to speak of as my few exhibitions were for the most part organised by private parties or by myself and I am in no collections although many works have been bought by supportive friends and friends of friends.
My work was first exhibited in the late eighties and by the nineties I could sell just enough to get along. Also in the nineties I began to work with mixed media and photographic interpretations, you’ll find them under “ax31”.
Then in 2003 I got an etching press to make prints. These can be seen under “Intaglio”.
Most recently I have returned to painting and started working on a new series. I hope to keep this site updated on my progress.
If you visited this site because you have questions about Scientology then you may visit another site that goes into it a little bit at arthurconwayhubbard.com
Thanks for visiting.

He would not have written,
"And, as the pundits sanctimoniously pile it on, they, as a card carrying so-called realists, are the only reasonable and balanced arbiters of world view unlike all these other nut-jobs." :LOL: :roflmao:

That's complete prose overkill :LOL: and Arthur clearly didn't write that. Someone wrote it for him.

Lee #28

Sheila....if he was on the RPF.....then he was in the SO. What Post was he busted down from?

I knew of that Penthouse /room /office at PAC that was for some Artist group of SO....

But never knew the particulars about that. (very hush-hush....)

Do you know if Arthur was associated with that "SO Artist thing" at PAC.....that Penthouse.....and anything about all that?

Last edited:

Veda

Good catch, Veda.

That's not a COS statement. :no:

Judging from his dark, dark artwork in years past, I thought Arthur was suffering from some sort of PTSD for a long time and deep pain and despair. Certainly feeling detached from life.

It may have been Karl Jung who believed that some people become schizophrenic after a direct experience with God. (Not sure it was Jung who said that, though.) The idea is intriguing, that seeing God directly could and would break a person's mind. I'm pretty sure this is what Arthur is referring to - and that part sounds like Arthur.

In the Bible story of Sodom and Gomorrah, they were instructed to look away and not look back at the destruction of those cities, but Lot's wife turned around and turned to stone. That story is out of Genesis, and Arthur refers to the very beginnings.

There was always an underlying story in Catholicism (and other branches of Christianity and many other religions, too), that humans cannot look directly at God or it would break their minds. We wouldn't be able to take it.
Pre 1950, Hubbard was fond of depicting his unpublished manuscript Excalibur as having tremendous power, and capable of driving a person - who had not been prepared for it - mad; even of causing one poor soul, after reading it, to hurl himself out of the window of an skyscraper. (In a letter, Hubbard descirbed the creation of a mystique of danger around Excalibur as "a good publishing trick.")

And we all know how dangerous Scientology's "upper level" material is (supposed to be) for those unprepared, etc.

Like Nibs (Ron Jr.), Arthur was born into this, and, like Nibs, it wouldn't be surprising that he's still trying to make sense of it.

Let's see if there's going to be another installment on his blog.

No matter what's occurring here, it's noteworthy, as Hubbard offspring usually go silent and stay that way.

D

Deleted member 51

Sheila....if he was on the RPF.....then he was in the SO. What Post was he busted down from?

I knew of that Penthouse /room /office at PAC that was for some Artist group of SO....

But never knew the particulars about that.

Do you know if Arthur was associated with that "SO Artist thing" at PAC.....that Penthouse.....and anything about all that?
@ Lee #28
Lee, Arthur didn't really have a post.

He had his own art studio on the uppermost floor of the Main blg. I was there a few times. He tried his best not to go to courses or do any auditing. He didn't consider himself an SO member but the powers that be did.

He was put on an "Arthur Only" RPF when he wanted to leave and assigned to my crew. Then my crew was just me and him most of the time. Just before that, he spent some five weeks on the "Arthur Only" RPF lugging buckets of tar on the roof, running back and forth, getting sec checks and working some 18 hour days. He had bruises all over his legs from those buckets. He said it was because he wanted to leave. There might have been more to it, IDK, but they put him through hell back then.

Lee #28

I didn't really mean to say that he was promoting it.....but perhaps Safepointing it.....would be a better description....

And as I agree......he certainly didn't write it.....so someone is else is writing and web publishing this first installment...

And using Arthur's name for the cache......

D

Deleted member 51

^^^^

Dang Sheila....that is outrageous! WTF!!??
Yeh. :sad: I saw those bruises; he showed me. Arthur took a lot of risks to try to make the RPF more comfortable for me and others. He didn't care what they did to him. He didn't want anyone else to suffer. It was not an act and his self-abnegation and willingness to suffer in someone else's place was unnerving but so sincere it made me very sad at the time. Like I said, he was a nice guy. We wrote commendations on each other. :LOL: Funny to think of OSA reading a commendation by Arthur in my RPF file! :roflmao:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
:LOL: Pretty awkward having to nicely hold off a 7-year old boy jumping and trying to wrestle you with your cult leader standing there laughing, right? :roflmao:
There were a lot of stories about him being a spoiled child on the ship who could do whatever he wanted. Arthur personally admitted to that, too. He was apparently both well-loved and not well-liked by the crew.
Well, I had to Google his name....and came up with this:

View attachment 838

He was born in 1958...and he is 61 years old. He was born in Wash. D.C.

But I would imagine...as Strati says he was a young boy in England....he went to some English grammar schools....?

Then....on the Apollo, cruising the Mediterranean..... ( entirely SO...except him? I doubt it....)

Then?
He was too young to be going to any grammar school, and by the time he was old enough I think the Hubbards had split for a life on the ocean wave.

stratty

This HCO PL mentions Arthur.

View attachment 839
This is very interesting in that it mentions Arthur and wrestling. He was the one wrestling ME about and not the other way around.

I also remember a sign on a fence around a paddock in the grounds of Saint Hill manor with a couple of horses in it which said not to interact in any way with the animals as the children were 'trying to communicate with them'.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
My memories of him...

When I first got into the SO in 1982 I was on the EPF with his then-wife. She was being made to retread the EPF. Her name was Lori. She was French. I think she had at least one kid. She and Arthur has recently been married. I think she was in trouble a lot. She talked way too much. She told me quite a bit about him and her marriage. I don't remember much she said actually except 1) they had a lot of sex 2) he had guns in his room. She gave me the impression he was paranoid, which is why he had the guns.

They had a regular 2D room in the main building at that time. I think not too much later the Hubbard kids were given the penthouse/top floor of Lebanon Hall.

Lori got routed out around six months later. Don't know the details, but, as I said, she talked a lot. She was probably considered a security risk.

When the LRH art bureau was on the top floor of the main building, he was one of them. How much he did that was actual staff work and how much he was just up there doing his own thing I don't know. But he did work there. I used to go up there occasionally and he was there. There are a couple of people from the art bureau who are now out (like Carrie and Peter Cook) and they may have more info. I'll ask Carrie and see what she says.

I think at one point Arthur had that top floor of Leb Hall by himself. Suzette was at Int or wherever and Diana was out at the time. (Maybe when she was married to that music producer guy; John Ryan?) Arthur got in trouble for going out-2D with Vicki Budlong. She was the daughter of Mo Budlong of GO fame. She was a public in PAC at AOLA. Pretty young blonde girl. I think that's when he wound up on the Arthur-only RPF Sheila was talking about. He left staff not too long after that.

I don't know much about when he was out. I do remember that Tim Edwards (AOLA staff; used to be RTC) saw him at a bar in LA. He was apparently drunk out of his mind. Tim wrote a KR on him. Years later after I was out Gary Scarff posted that Arthur was "living with a man" in New York, doing his art. Never knew what he meant by that. I don't think Arthur is gay.

Then there were those...odd blood paintings during the last ten years or so.

Anyway, those are some fragments I remember about Arthur. Not much.

I actually knew Suzette better. She was way more normal.

stratty

Just a fragment about Mo Budlong. He was at Saint Hill in the early sixties around the same time as me, and I distinctly remember having a long conversation with him about our respective LSD experiences.

I don't know if he was ever in the SO what with his drugs history, but everybody knew about my drugs history and they signed me up anyway.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I couldn't tolerate being in the same room with him when I saw him around the org for about a week while I was training as a public. He just had a completely jagged space with far too much debris in his orbit is the best way I could describe my impressions of him when he was a teenager. He was not even normal let alone more clear or OT than others was another strong impression.

You know, I know exactly what you mean.

I never felt comfortable around him either.

Then again, I really didn't know him very well.

cakemaker

This is very interesting in that it mentions Arthur and wrestling. He was the one wrestling ME about and not the other way around.

I also remember a sign on a fence around a paddock in the grounds of Saint Hill manor with a couple of horses in it which said not to interact in any way with the animals as the children were 'trying to communicate with them'.
I believe this is the PL.

ScreenShot012.jpg

D

Deleted member 51

You know, I know exactly what you mean.

I never felt comfortable around him either.

Then again, I really didn't know him very well.
I know what you both mean. His brain worked a bit differently than other people I knew. In some ways, he was apart and separate from experiencing things and in other ways, he experienced emotions far more intensely than anyone ever should.

I only knew Suzette from our letters exchange. She was normal and funny, too. Lots of energy and focus.

Lee #28

Post #32 by Lulu Belle.

I was working at a very trendy restaurant in Laurel Canyon in the early 90's and Diane came in for dinner one night.....

I guess the guy she was with....was that "Music Producer guy...." I had heard on the grapevine that she had married him.

I was knocked back on my heels....I'll tell you. Crimminy.....the guy was a big fat slob.....with thick black hair greased back like some Sicilian Mafioso type... I was shocked! I was completely floored!

Diane looked good....with her big red hair....

I didn't have to serve them...not in my station....luckily.....and after a hidden glance or two....didn't pay them attention.