Arthur Conway Hubbard speaks

Someone Else

Cleared Tomato
It's probably just carry over hostility that people have for his father, for all the many reasons.
I do realize that. Yes. I get it. Doesn't make it right. I felt I had to say something.

Oh, Ron and Mary sue came up with it then, that makes more sense. I had thought it might be a Dewolf kind of name to distance himself from his Hubbard legasy.
Ron and Mary Sue named him "ARC Hubbard." He did not make up Conway.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Space, emotion and well being
Posted byaconwayhubbardJanuary 20, 2020Posted inUncategorized
Scientology 1.0.0 (1952) continued – part 3.

“Space, the final frontier…” These are the immortal opening words of a very popular television series. Of course, they are referring to outer space but as any fan will tell you all the best action takes place in that other space, a subjective space, the space created by the characters.

In this part I’d like to talk a bit about the important, vital, role space plays in Scientology 1.0.0.

Actually it begins with dianetics (1950)*. Dianetic theory is basically this: that a person may be having trouble in the present because of some part of them being stuck in the past, some past trauma or incident of loss, of pain or unconsciousness. These past moments can result in a person experiencing mis-emotion (emotions that don’t fit the circumstance or the environment) and/or psychosomatic ills (sickness and disease with no readily apparent external cause or pathogen).

Zertel

Space, emotion and well being
Posted byaconwayhubbardJanuary 20, 2020Posted inUncategorized
Scientology 1.0.0 (1952) continued – part 3.

“Space, the final frontier…” These are the immortal opening words of a very popular television series. Of course, they are referring to outer space but as any fan will tell you all the best action takes place in that other space, a subjective space, the space created by the characters.

In this part I’d like to talk a bit about the important, vital, role space plays in Scientology 1.0.0.

Actually it begins with dianetics (1950)*. Dianetic theory is basically this: that a person may be having trouble in the present because of some part of them being stuck in the past, some past trauma or incident of loss, of pain or unconsciousness. These past moments can result in a person experiencing mis-emotion (emotions that don’t fit the circumstance or the environment) and/or psychosomatic ills (sickness and disease with no readily apparent external cause or pathogen).

A few times in the past I've briefly explained my scn participation to friends or acquaintances and it was almost identical to Arthur's "Dianetic theory" description above. Most people give credence to something called the "subconscious" mind although there is no universally recognized description of such. Later experiences tie into earlier experiences perhaps subconsciously is simplistic but it made sense to them and excused me from them considering me to once having been a cult whack job. I didn't pursue the OT levels so I didn't need to explain any belief in that.

Arthur is presenting scientology on the lower levels in common sense layman's terms. Unlikely he'll follow up with any description of the space opera. Who knows what the motivation is but at least he gives some explanation as to how people are lured into scientology and end up in a prison of belief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Well I don’t think Arthur wrote that. Eventually I’m sure we’ll discover the truth about who is controlling his website and using it as a springboard to promote Scientology. It’s just bizarre after all these years and all the pain to Arthur and his family, but then, Stockholm Syndrome can have that effect on people.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Well I don’t think Arthur wrote that. Eventually I’m sure we’ll discover the truth about who is controlling his website and using it as a springboard to promote Scientology. It’s just bizarre after all these years and all the pain to Arthur and his family, but then, Stockholm Syndrome can have that effect on people
Spot on. I think you're right. I never suspected him to be "with the program"
for many different reasons. This is an odd new wrinkle. Very odd.

Smells like a desperation move by believers in the COS. Maybe A is getting
some needed cash for use of his Hubbard "brand." The COS can certainly
afford to pay him a yearly licensing windfall.

Rents and taxes are going up in LA. Cash is good.

Last edited:

Zertel

Well I don’t think Arthur wrote that. Eventually I’m sure we’ll discover the truth about who is controlling his website and using it as a springboard to promote Scientology. It’s just bizarre after all these years and all the pain to Arthur and his family, but then, Stockholm Syndrome can have that effect on people.
My guess is he wants to sell his pricey art and "Hubbard" and "Scientology" obviously get more internet interest than "Arthur Conway Hubbard artist" and possible redirection to his site. He needs to remain neutral about scientology to not offend his still in scientology clientele. Business is business.

D

Deleted member 51

My guess is he wants to sell his pricey art and "Hubbard" and "Scientology" obviously get more internet interest than "Arthur Conway Hubbard artist" and possible redirection to his site. He needs to remain neutral about scientology to not offend his still in scientology clientele. Business is business.
It sounds logical, but I don't think so. :no: Arthur was never a Scientologist and I know that personally as a fact. He's also not interested in money beyond living in some small place and having enough to pay utilities and basics. Arthur is... different. Greed and promoting things just isn't his nature. The whole thing is just so... campy. Contrived. It reads like a promotional pamphlet and Arthur hates promotion and advertising like a plague.
It's not impossible, of course, nothing is, but it's just so unlikely he'd write something like that. IDK.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!

excerpt:

Infinity-Valued Logic
Posted by aconwayhubbard January 26, 2021 Posted in Uncategorized

My last article was awhile ago, back in the pre-Covid days of yore, March (2020) I think. Since then I’ve been working on writing down a comprehensive description of what I know about the evolution of the Church of Scientology separating it into two basic epochs: Scientology 1.0.0, 1947 to 1980, and Scientology 2.0.0, 1981 to the present. The first being the developmental stage, the discoveries and the creation of the processes, the therapies. The second being the institutional and self-protection, legal, stage. (They overlap greatly, of course, but that’s how I am choosing to do it because 1.0 was run mainly by L. Ron Hubbard who left the field, more or less, by 1980 and 2.0 is run today by David Miscavige, who stepped onto the arena around 1981; the two main personalities involved.)

continues: Infinity-Valued Logic

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Good catch, Veda.

<snip>

There was always an underlying story in Catholicism (and other branches of Christianity and many other religions, too), that humans cannot look directly at God or it would break their minds. We wouldn't be able to take it.
How the hell did Hubbard get God to do OT 8?