Active Agent of Scientology - Marty “Mark” Rathbun

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
For lurkers confused by Marty Rathbun, high ranking ex Scientologist, and his actions over a decade, read this:

Lurkers, when ex members speaking out against the abuses of the church of Scientology have a sudden change of behavior, where they attack other ex members exposing the truth , know with total certainty, that the Church of Scientology is paying off these betrayers of the worst kind. Rathbun called them turncoats and then he became one.

People like Marty Rathbun, Alanzo and a few others out there are lying and sliming Ex Scientologists doing something about exposing the abuses of the cult. Mark Rathbun and Alanzo lie about Leah Remini, Mike Rinder and other ex Scientologists. The goal is to confuse the members still in who committed the high crime of looking at the internet and finding Marty’s escape story and exposure of David Miscavige’s crimes and the Scientology hoax in full. They fair game them until they cave in, often broke and broken.

In return, the church of a Scientology uses YOUR donations to fund nice lifestyles for these turncoats, after Scientology destroys thier chances of making any income Via Church doctrine of fair game.

That is what keeps the Criminal Scientology working behind your back and duping you out of time and money.

THIS is what your IAS dollars are used for - to extort and bribe the turncoats to behave like Marty or Alanzo or go into hiding like Vicky Aznaran, Debbie Cook, Bob Minton, Stacy Brooks. Scientology policy says DESTROY THEM UTTERLY and they will unless the turncoats accept the bribes and allow extortion.

Let that sink in...You are funding a terrorist organization that pays to keep you in the dark and confused while they pick your bank accounts clean.

LURKERS - if you aren’t going to leave Scientology, please stop giving your money to Scientology. Come on Man! This is your life you are dedicating yourselves to. Certainly it can withstand some scrutiny. Look For your own sake, if not the sake of your children and their children.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Grant Cardone - a Scientologist donated a million dollars to the IAS.
“Cardone made the status of IAS Gold Meritorious by donating $1,000,000 to [Scientology leader David] Miscavige’s war fund. The same fund that enables my home to be surveilled 24/7 for the past two years, for Mike [Rinder] and I to be followed and harassed by teams of PI’s and OT Ambassadors (high level Scientologists) everywhere we go with the intent of suppressing FACTS about Miscavige’s felonies becoming public. It is now funding the active harassment and intimidation of my PCs and pre-OTs. Grant’s grants are funding the active suppression of the freedom of religion, the freedom of association, and the freedom of speech right here on American soil.“ Marty Rathbun

The Oracle

“Cardone screwed a very close friend of mine for having the courage to stand out of line to do something about the wholesale abuses of Miscavige and his cult. Tiziano Lugli’s story is by now well know to those who frequent this blog. It was told in summary in the following post. Tiziano considered Cardone a friend. After the church spent weeks flying around the world attempting to splinter Tiziano’s family, Tiziano attempted to have one last word with this friends to tell his side of the story before he was excommunicated and the DISCONNECTION policy was put into full force. Cardone was one of those who DISCONNECTED on the orders of David Miscavige before Tiziano was even declared. There apparently is nothing Cardone won’t do for David Miscavige.”
Marty “ Mark” Rathbun

The Oracle

“EVERYONE HAS A PRICE!” David Miscavige

“The cult has two weapons and two weapons only: a) harassment to a degree unprecedented in a civilized society, and b) money to buy the victim of “a” when he is put into an amenable frame of mind. Just so everybody knows, as Miscavige just won’t seem to get it through his head, I will never fold to any pressure no matter how intense, and I am not for sale – at any price.“. Marty “ Mark“ Rathbun

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Interesting Comments from today's article on Tony's
The last time I saw Marty in person was in Colorado in September 2012, along with Steve Hall, Mike Rinder and Geir Isene. We had a fantastic time then. I am convinced that DM paid Marty and Monique a ton of dough to scrap Monique's lawsuit and bone Ray Jeffrey & Co. DM likely will never forgive Ray for representing Debbie Cook the day before the church caved after Debbie got her day on the stand.​
I think I've mentioned this to some of you at HowdyCon, and I may have alluded to it here at times, but when I visited New Braunfels for a 2013 court hearing and got to hang out with Ray Jeffrey, Mike Rinder, and Marty and Monique at their house, it was quite obvious that Monique was the plaintiff in this case in name only. Once we got back to Marty's house from the courthouse, Monique went to sit on the couch to read a book while Marty and Mike talked strategy. This was Marty's lawsuit all the way. He couldn't file it in his own name, of course, because then Scientology would just couch it as a religious speech argument with a defector. But Marty was completely in control. So another thing to keep in mind.​

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Interesting Comments from today's article on Tony's
The last time I saw Marty in person was in Colorado in September 2012, along with Steve Hall, Mike Rinder and Geir Isene. We had a fantastic time then. I am convinced that DM paid Marty and Monique a ton of dough to scrap Monique's lawsuit and bone Ray Jeffrey & Co. DM likely will never forgive Ray for representing Debbie Cook the day before the church caved after Debbie got her day on the stand.​
I think I've mentioned this to some of you at HowdyCon, and I may have alluded to it here at times, but when I visited New Braunfels for a 2013 court hearing and got to hang out with Ray Jeffrey, Mike Rinder, and Marty and Monique at their house, it was quite obvious that Monique was the plaintiff in this case in name only. Once we got back to Marty's house from the courthouse, Monique went to sit on the couch to read a book while Marty and Mike talked strategy. This was Marty's lawsuit all the way. He couldn't file it in his own name, of course, because then Scientology would just couch it as a religious speech argument with a defector. But Marty was completely in control. So another thing to keep in mind.​
Yeah well that comes as no news. Even loooking at the case back across these years, it still looked to me like it was Mike&Marty playing that hand and Monique was just there to help her man (can't blame her though she's being a good wife). But in all honesty, to me the question is not really if it was Monique running the lawsuit or was it Mike&Marty.

To me the big question is: What made Marty drop the lawsuit. What made Marty turn against Mike. That total 180 still looks weird. Was it money? Was it something Dave threatened him with? Was it something else entirely?

The Oracle

Yeah well that comes as no news. Even loooking at the case back across these years, it still looked to me like it was Mike&Marty playing that hand and Monique was just there to help her man (can't blame her though she's being a good wife). But in all honesty, to me the question is not really if it was Monique running the lawsuit or was it Mike&Marty.

To me the big question is: What made Marty drop the lawsuit? What made Marty turn against Mike? That total 180 still looks weird. Was it money? Was it something Dave threatened him with? Was it something else entirely?
It was a combo of reasons, based on my research.

Kind of like when we leave Scientology. Death by a thousand cuts.

Louis Theroux had created ‘ My Scientology Movie’ and it was well done however, made Marty Rathbun look bad. Watch it if you have not seen it. It was obvious to me Theroux did not respect Rathbun and revealed Marty’s dark side and the harm he did to others while Marty worked for the cult. That pissed Rathbun off.
Scientology always settles outside of court with cases they can’t beat. It was obvious Rathbun’s were going to have David Miscavige served and they would win this lawsuit.
Rathbun was always hurting for money. OSA ruins people’s careers. It’s church policy. Via FAIRGAME - church policy - OSA ruined Monique Rathbun’s career and various jobs.

It was time for Marty to settle the suit and go back to work for Scientology and was paid probably millions all shipped to an off shore account, I am sure.

All Rathbun had to do was spin spin spin tall tales and lie about critics - all designed to confuse active Scientologists in doubt.

Miscavige did it to Debbie Cook and Vicky Aznaran - both high ranking apostates. Debbie Cook was gagged with IAS donations and dropped her lawsuit. Same with Aznaran. Vicky wrote up an affidavit twisting the truth and confusing readers, recanting her story.

These are the perks of being high ranking ex Scientologists. They all eventually get paid off to either shut up or like Maty to attack critics to confuse the cult members.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
I wonder what the tax ramifications of receiving 3-5 million reasons are?
The Marty rebuttal videos: The COS signs Marty to make a bunch of video and pays him a multi-million
dollar "talent fee," which would not be unusual at all in the real world. They simply pay it out over
many years to keep a tight "choke chain" around Marty's neck
for the rest of his life. Nothing illegal
there. Pay income taxes over next twenty years. Would make sense.

Marty changing his mind, being hired by the COS, monetizing his sophisticated understanding of all
things Scientology? Common transaction in the real world. Nothing illegal. Can be justified to IRS,
I'm guessing.

Karakorum

It was a combo of reasons, based on my research.

Kind of like when we leave Scientology. Death by a thousand cuts.

Louis Theroux had created ‘ My Scientology Movie’ and it was well done however, made Marty Rathbun look bad. Watch it if you have not seen it. It was obvious to me Theroux did not respect Rathbun and revealed Marty’s dark side and the harm he did to others while Marty worked for the cult. That pissed Rathbun off.
I've seen it. Hey, I know what Marty did inside, heck if he stayed a few years longer he'd end up with me as his direct subordinate. I know how that game is played. It ain't hard to find his dark side, all it takes is one small scratch. Would be same with me or with Mike, or with dozens of other people. Scientology management does not bring out the best in people, let me tell you that.

Scientology always settles outside of court with cases they can’t beat. It was obvious Rathbun’s were going to have David Miscavige served and they would win this lawsuit.
Rathbun was always hurting for money. OSA ruins people’s careers. It’s church policy. Via FAIRGAME - church policy - OSA ruined Monique Rathbun’s career and various jobs.

It was time for Marty to settle the suit and go back to work for Scientology and was paid probably millions all shipped to an off shore account, I am sure.
Yeah it looked to me like money changed hands. Do I have any evidence? Heck no, but that's what it looks like to me.

These are the perks of being high ranking ex Scientologists. They all eventually get paid off to either shut up or like Maty to attack critics to confuse the cult members.
Well, there are a few that to this day did not. Tom de Vocht, Rinder, Amy Scobee and least important of all - yours truly.

I wonder how much they offered Tom... or maybe their psychological profile told them that they better not try it with him.

The Oracle

I've seen it. Hey, I know what Marty did inside, heck if he stayed a few years longer he'd end up with me as his direct subordinate. I know how that game is played. It ain't hard to find his dark side, all it takes is one small scratch. Would be same with me or with Mike, or with dozens of other people. Scientology management does not bring out the best in people, let me tell you that.

Yeah it looked to me like money changed hands. Do I have any evidence? Heck no, but that's what it looks like to me.

Well, there are a few that to this day did not. Tom de Vocht, Rinder, Amy Scobee and least important of all - yours truly.

I wonder how much they offered Tom... or maybe their psychological profile told them that they better not try it with him.
Did you know Marty or Mike when you were in?
I appreciate the fact all of the defectors mentioned above did not take the money offered by Scientology. How much did they offer you, if you can say? Didn’t you have to sign extortion agreements for speaking out?

Karakorum

Did you know Marty or Mike when you were in?
I appreciate the fact all of the defectors mentioned above did not take the money offered by Scientology. How much did they offer you, if you can say? Didn’t you have to sign extortion agreements for speaking out?
I did not know Mike directly, though I used to deal with his direct subordinates many, many times. When it comes to Marty - well, by the time he left, I was still dealing with people quite a few steps down the chain of command. I was never with Int management. But at one point I held a post which previously was held by a guy who used to report directly to Marty when he was still around.

I'm not really willing to discuss any offers the church might or might have not made when it comes to my humble self, because that would be a very easy way to reveal my identity.

All I can tell you is what I already said thus far on the forums:
I did not take a single nickle from the church since the day I defected from the SO. In the months following my defection, the church made many attempts to recover me and I received a number of "visitations" from various SO people (including my friends, ex-subordinates and a few people above me), but at that point I was very thoroughly through with scientology. I did not defect on a whim, I've defected after over a year of thinking about leaving.

Regardless, In comparison to who Mike or Marty or Debbie or Amy were, I'm really a very minor blip on Dave's radar.

I think Marty is suffering from a bad case of having a misunderstood word. That word seems to be "warrior" :D

TheSneakster

<Anti-Marty propaganda meme omitted>
Monique Rathbun's former attorney Ray Jeffrey, despite all his legal resources and his private investigators, was unable to uncover any evidence that Rathbun's had received any sort of financial consideration from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige or made any private out-of-court settlement. This was of great interest to Jeffrey's legal firm, as Monique Rathbun was under contract to entitled to give them a large percentage of any such settlement.

As of this writing, no documented factual evidence has been produced to demonstrate Mark "Marty" Rathbun is or has taken orders or money from Darth Midget or anyone working for Darth Midget since he departed the Sea Org and the Church of Scientology in 2004. Endless repetition of this propaganda talking point will not ever make it a true fact.

Karakorum

Monique Rathbun's former attorney Ray Jeffrey, despite all his legal resources and his private investigators, was unable to uncover any evidence that Rathbun's had received any sort of financial consideration from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige or made any private out-of-court settlement. This was of great interest to Jeffrey's legal firm, as Monique Rathbun was under contract to entitled to give them a large percentage of any such settlement.

As of this writing, no documented factual evidence has been produced to demonstrate Mark "Marty" Rathbun is or has taken orders or money from Darth Midget or anyone working for Darth Midget since he departed the Sea Org and the Church of Scientology in 2004. Endless repetition of this propaganda talking point will not ever make it a true fact.
Well, I can repeat what I said above:
I have no evidence of money or favors changing hands. But if that is not the case, then we are still stuck with the question why did Marty&Monique drop the court case so abruptly? Why then did Marty make the 180 and turned on pretty much everyone who was criticizing scientology? The change was so dramatic and abrupt that I feel there must be a real reason. All I know about Marty suggests that he (just like me, Mike and all the other former enforcers I knew) is a "planner" and a "think first, act later" guy who would not make such a decision based on some whim. I also doubt he did it all because he got mad at Theroux.

At this point nobody has any evidence, but examples of previous similar SCN court cases as well as Ockham's razor would point towards money being the likely factor. If not money, then maybe Dave forced Marty to abort the lawsuit by using some threat or blackmail.
The threat/blackmail scenario has one flaw as an explanation - Marty was opposing Dave for some time before. If Dave had some solid compromats on Marty all along, why didn't he use them before?

I think that if anyone other than Dave&Marty knows what went down, it would likely be Mike Rinder. Mike on the podcast (and on his blog) made it very clear that he thinks Marty broke ranks because Dave gave him something that he wanted.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
-- despite all his legal resources and his private investigators, was unable to uncover any evidence . . . or made any private out-of-court settlement.
Pray tell, how would you know this? Very curious. :whistle:

Had you chatted with Ray or Marty by chance?

The COS signs Marty to make a bunch of video and pays him a multi-million
dollar "talent fee," which would not be unusual at all in the real world. They simply pay it out over
many years to keep a tight "choke chain" around Marty's neck
for the rest of his life. Nothing illegal
there. Pay income taxes over next twenty years.
Marty changing his mind, being hired by the COS, monetizing his sophisticated understanding of all
things Scientology? Common transaction in the real world. Nothing illegal.
I wrote about it earlier in the thread. You may have missed it. Plus, much more on ESMB.

Monique drops her case. Has a change of heart. Wants to move on for one reason or another.
Her decision. Ray gets stiffed.

Marty has a change of heart. Wants to sell his inner knowledge of all things Scientology. He is
free to do so. Ray would have no claim on Marty's future Work for Hire Agreements as a contractor,
whether Marty provides his specialized and deep behind-the-scenes knowledge to make videos or
write articles for CNN, Netflix, or the COS.

Hubbard used the same "financial angle" in the early eighties, writing tech scripts for the COS and pocketing
millions for his specialized talent and knowledge. A financial ploy to funnel money to LRH, first and foremost.
How to do all this was worked out in the early eighties. Elementary, my dear Watson.

As you know, talent in Hollywood can get paid millions and no one bats an eye. That was their thinking
with the LRH financial funneling scheme of millions. They simply have the best accountants and lawyers
for these kinds of shenanigans.

Ray Jeffery simply does not have claim on future work Marty does. He only had a claim on a share of
Monique's court case, were it to have been successful.

Only very naive people believe Marty was doing all that heavily scripted and professionally produced
video work -- which took a film and lighting crew and polished set -- out of simple kindness.

Ray Jeffery got hung out to dry and there's nothing he can do about it obviously, otherwise he would
have by now, IMO.

My only question is how many millions did Marty get and over what spread-out time frame (to help with taxation
and COS justification in IRS reporting). I know the exact amount Debbie Cook got. Marty would not settle
for less, since he was a "bigger deal" in the COS.

Believe what you want. I have my own hypothetical scenario, which I've just laid out.
At this point nobody has any evidence, but previous similar cases as well as Ockham's razor would point towards money being the likely factor.
Absolutely. The pattern of countless past cases with trouble makers. That's what they always do. I'd think
Marty is no exception. Patterns, patterns, predictable patterns.

And lest we forget, it's all paid out from parishioner donations. :yes:

Parishioner --> COS or IAS --> Declared SP :coolwink:

Last edited:

TheSneakster

(a) Did you know Marty or Mike when you were in?
(b) I appreciate the fact all of the defectors mentioned above did not take the money offered by Scientology. How much did they offer you, if you can say? Didn’t you have to sign extortion agreements for speaking out?
Response to Question A: Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun were both "over the rainbow" (at Ron Hubbard's physical location) before Hubbard was sequestered. At no time was I ever at Winter HQ (La Quinta) or Hemet (Gold Base) and never met or communicated with either of them while I was in the Sea Organization.

I met Mike Rinder in person exactly once at a major critic event held at a park in Burbank, CA for the release of Volume 1 of Janis Grady's book "Commodore's Messenger". Mark "Marty" Rathbun I have never met at all nor even spoken with.

Response to Question B: two weeks before Xmas 1995, I was dismissed from the Sea Org at PAC BAse in East Hollywood and ordered to be off the property within 24 hours with f*cking nothing. I managed to secure a job and housing within 12 hours entirely by my own efforts.

By mid-1994, I had concluded there was a major Suppressive Person in RTC. This was accomplished purely by application of certain Hubbard writings on the subject of long term management by statistics and conditions of remote organizations by management units. In late 1995, I observed David "Darth Midget" Miscavige touring PAC Base on some sort of inspection from about 30 feet and knew instantly that the SP I was wondering about was him.

That killed my willingness to continue participating in a very off-policy punishment detail I had been sent to for "enturbulating OT's". But I refused to "blow", as I did not wish to be declared a Suppressive Person - and cut off from all my Scientologist friends and contacts. I simply stopped cooperating. Offloading then became inevitable.

It was just too bad the INT Command Team Ethics Mission was in such a rush to get rid of me that I was never presented with any NDA's to sign. :D

Last edited: