Aaron Smith-Levin Arrested for Felony Assault at Flag Land Base

Aaron called it Holi Powder. Cheryl chimed in and said it’s the same powder as used in India.

Here’s video proof. 👇



Okay, thank you, BettyLou. I hadn't seen that interaction between them.

Again, though, the Holi powder that is sold here in the U.S. (and also in Europe) isn't the same as what is sold in India.
It's safer and more regulated than much of what is sold in India, and is specifically designed for large public events.
It's almost always made from dyed food-grade cornstarch with FDA-approved ingredients. In India, many small (and unregulated) street vendors sell Holi powder, which sometimes has lead-based dyes, cheap industrial pigments, and other toxic ingredients. (but even in India, it's never caused mass casualties) :ohmy:

What Aaron did, throwing that stuff in the guy's face, wasn't at all OK, because it can cause respiratory distress if inhaled. And even if the S.O. member wasn't really hurt by it, OSA is under extreme pressure to do something about stopping Aaron, and they'll use that incident against him by fabricating something per the Scientology scriptures. :coolwink:

And BettyLou...

:welcome2:
 
Don't know if this would help Aaron in Court of not.....kinda related.

I was surprised when I first saw the vids of Aaron and the other protesters doing the chalk work on the lower half of the Super Power Building emblem, embedded in the front of that building.

When I was doing solo protests at that location several years ago......Scientology Security and "Screech" I believe she was called.....would be right there telling me I was trespassing. They did call the Cops on me....and the Cops did arrive and told me I was trespassing.

The problem was that Screech and the Police told me that their property line was an extension of the line of the sidewalk. And that that 90 degree intersection of the 2 sidewalks was the property line for their property.

So I complained that the Cops and Scientology expected me to imagine an invisible line, that I was not suppose to cross.....was asking too much of me.... There were 3 cops called on me as I remember.

So....I was surprised, watching the Chalk Artist's videos...that they were well inside that imaginary line.... But that no Cops were complaining......and no Cult security were there complaining...

So, I assumed that someone must have looked up City Drawing of the Lot Lines for that building and found out that they were in fact not trespassing on Cult Property. And that the lower section of that emblem in the ground was actually on City property???

Unfortunately, those videos of mine are on a harddrive that is inside a dead computer....a mac.....and i just don't feel up to opening it up to take it out.....

But those videos, I did post on the old Ex-Scientology Message Board .....so if someone knows how to look em up there.....they should be there.

I will also look on my backup drive....and see if they are there.

Don't' know if this will help Aaron at all in Court......but it is something.
 
Thanks for the welcome.

To your point about the difference between U.S. manufactured holi powder and others, there’s no proof the substance he threw was manufactured in the U.S. He stated someone sent it to him and he told police the package he removed the bag from didn’t bear an ingredients list because it wasn’t food-grade and “not meant for consumption”. So, he contended, it didn’t need to have an ingredients label. I believe an ingredients list would’ve been required on the package if it was made in the U.S. and regulated by the FDA. So Aaron’s own statements appeared to demonstrate depraved indifference because he believed the substance to be unregulated and not-for-consumption.
Powders of this type can be ordered overseas from places like TEMU. There’s no telling what that powder consisted of, potentially including asbestos and heavy metals. He’s probably the best witness the state has against him.
 
~
What next! Breaking news
from downtown Clearwater!


DonCW.jpg

Apparently, someone complained about Don Hubbard
placing his warming barrel too near COS properties, smoking
up the place. He may be "in stir" over Thanksgiving weekend.

don-jpg.28943

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​
 
Thanks for the welcome.

To your point about the difference between U.S. manufactured holi powder and others, there’s no proof the substance he threw was manufactured in the U.S. He stated someone sent it to him and he told police the package he removed the bag from didn’t bear an ingredients list because it wasn’t food-grade and “not meant for consumption”. So, he contended, it didn’t need to have an ingredients label. I believe an ingredients list would’ve been required on the package if it was made in the U.S. and regulated by the FDA. So Aaron’s own statements appeared to demonstrate depraved indifference because he believed the substance to be unregulated and not-for-consumption.
Powders of this type can be ordered overseas from places like TEMU. There’s no telling what that powder consisted of, potentially including asbestos and heavy metals. He’s probably the best witness the state has against him.


Due to a lack of time, I'll have ChatGPT respond to you. I thought #3 was particularly interesting. (Are you an attorney?) :unsure:

ChatGPT:

There are a few factual issues here that are worth clarifying:


  1. “No ingredient list = dangerous or unregulated” isn’t how U.S. law works.
    A simple powder meant to be thrown, not eaten, does not fall under FDA food-labeling rules. Color powders for festivals are typically regulated as general consumer products under the CPSC, not as foods or cosmetics. Therefore, the absence of a nutrition panel or ingredient list does not imply toxicity or illegality, especially if the bag was taken out of outer packaging.
  2. Holi powder from overseas is usually the same formulation as the U.S. versions.
    Most mass-produced festival powders imported into the U.S. — even from India or China — are just dyed cornstarch or chalk. There is no documented case of Holi powder (U.S. or imported) being contaminated with asbestos or heavy metals. Those claims circulate online but aren’t supported by lab tests or safety reports.
  3. Assuming ‘depraved indifference’ based on the powder source is a narrative leap.
    “Depraved indifference” has a very specific legal meaning involving conduct likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.
    No prosecutor, medical expert, or chemical analysis has suggested this powder — described in the affidavit as “blue powdered chalk” — was in any way lethal. The law treats this as a misdemeanor battery, not a chemical-weapon scenario.
  4. The state’s case doesn’t depend on hypothetical toxic ingredients.
    The charges are based on:
    • physical contact
    • alleged unwanted touching
    • bail-condition violations
      The composition of the powder only matters insofar as it caused temporary respiratory irritation. Speculating about asbestos or unknown poisons isn’t evidence — it’s just fear-based extrapolation.

It’s absolutely fair to criticize Aaron’s choices. But it’s also important to keep the facts straight: there is no indication that this powder was toxic, dangerous, or remotely comparable to anything involving asbestos or heavy metals.
 
.
doncw-jpg.29282

Apparently, someone complained about Don Hubbard placing
his warming barrel too near COS properties, smoking up the
place. He may be "in stir" over Thanksgiving weekend.
don-jpg.28943

.

LOL!

While Don is in jail, he asked me if i would please post his Thanksgiving holiday message to all Ex-Scientologists:


f4f74388-c39d-4172-bb14-0645064ecefc.png



..​
 
Don't' know if this will help Aaron at all in Court......but it is something.

Well the 2nd Battery incident he is charged with involved Aaron putting his foot in the Flag Building door to prevent it being closed when he engaged the alleged victim. I doubt he'll be able to claim convince the court that happened on public property.
 
Last edited:
There’s no telling what that powder consisted of, potentially including asbestos and heavy metals. He’s probably the best witness the state has against him.

I reckon it's not going to be very hard for the Prosecutor to make a reasonable case that this (alleged) assault was planned in advance, because Aaron brought Holi Powder from elsewhere to his "protest".

After Discovery is completed, I could see an additional charge of reckless endangerment because Aaron did not, in fact, know what was in that bag of powder he threw or what harm it might cause to his targetted (alleged) assault victim.

IIRC, Aaron's response on the stream when he learned that his (alleged) victim was taken to the E.R. apparently suffering respiratory distress was to publicly accuse the man of faking it. I don't see that fact helping him in court at all.
 
Last edited:
Due to a lack of time, I'll have ChatGPT respond to you. I thought #3 was particularly interesting. (Are you an attorney?) :unsure:

It’s absolutely fair to criticize Aaron’s choices. But it’s also important to keep the facts straight: there is no indication that this powder was toxic, dangerous, or remotely comparable to anything involving asbestos or heavy metals.

I’m not an attorney and neither is ChatGPT. Further, ChatGPT offered opinion and is known to hallucinate. Assume anything it says is fact at your own risk.

I stated no opinion on what the states’s case rests on. You’re putting words in my mouth.

As far as proving the elements of crimes he’s charged with in court, I have no doubt that Aaron’s own statements will assist in his conviction.
 
I’m not an attorney and neither is ChatGPT. Further, ChatGPT offered opinion and is known to hallucinate. Assume anything it says is fact at your own risk.

I stated no opinion on what the states’s case rests on. You’re putting words in my mouth.

As far as proving the elements of crimes he’s charged with in court, I have no doubt that Aaron’s own statements will assist in his conviction.


ChatGPT IS known to hallucinate at times. That's why I took 30 seconds to fact-check it before posting its response. :yes:

You wrote:
"So Aaron’s own statements appeared to demonstrate depraved indifference because he believed the substance to be unregulated and not-for-consumption."

ChatGPT responded to that:

1764073454683.png



If you prefer a response from attorneys rather than ChatGPT, here is one:

Understanding Depraved Indifference: A Deep Dive into Its Legal Meaning

Definition & meaning
Depraved indifference refers to a type of reckless behavior where a person shows a blatant disregard for human life. This conduct is considered so morally reprehensible that it can lead to criminal charges equivalent to those for intentional murder. In essence, depraved indifference focuses on the risk posed by a person's actions rather than the actual harm that results. It indicates a severe lack of concern for the safety of others.

Key legal elements
  • The conduct must demonstrate a wanton disregard for human life.
  • The actions must be dangerously reckless, posing a significant risk of death to others.
  • There should be a lack of moral concern for the consequences of one's actions.
  • The behavior must be blameworthy enough to warrant criminal liability akin to intentional murder.

Comparison with related terms
TermDefinitionKey Differences
Reckless ManslaughterCausing death through reckless behavior without intent to kill.Reckless manslaughter does not require the same level of moral depravity as depraved indifference.
Intentional MurderDeliberately causing the death of another person.Intentional murder involves a conscious decision to kill, whereas depraved indifference focuses on reckless disregard.
 
I’m not an attorney and neither is ChatGPT. Further, ChatGPT offered opinion and is known to hallucinate. Assume anything it says is fact at your own risk.

I stated no opinion on what the states’s case rests on. You’re putting words in my mouth.

As far as proving the elements of crimes he’s charged with in court, I have no doubt that Aaron’s own statements will assist in his conviction.


ChatGPT wanted to respond directly to you as well. :coolwink:


ChatGPT:

You’re right that neither of us is an attorney. That’s exactly why I’m careful to separate documented facts from speculation — which is all I was doing in my earlier post.


Nothing I wrote requires “trusting ChatGPT.” The points I made are based on publicly verifiable information:
  • U.S. consumer product regulations (CPSC vs. FDA)
  • Known formulations of Holi/color powders
  • The lack of any documented asbestos/heavy-metal contamination in festival powders sold in the U.S.
  • The actual content of the sheriff’s affidavit (“blue powdered chalk”)
  • And the fact that “depraved indifference” has a specific legal definition that does not hinge on hypothetical contamination
If you disagree with any specific factual point, feel free to cite a source that contradicts it. Otherwise, broad dismissals don’t add much clarity.

As for what the State’s case rests on:
I never claimed you said otherwise — I simply pointed out that the charges as filed are battery and bail-violation, not chemical-exposure or toxic-substance charges.

Aaron’s statements may absolutely be used in court if the judge allows them. That doesn’t change the factual issues around product composition, U.S. regulations, or the accuracy of claims being made about contaminants.

My only goal is to keep the discussion grounded in facts rather than assumptions.
 
I’m not an attorney and neither is ChatGPT. Further, ChatGPT offered opinion and is known to hallucinate. Assume anything it says is fact at your own risk. I stated no opinion on what the states’s case rests on. You’re putting words in my mouth. As far as proving the elements of crimes he’s charged with in court, I have no doubt that Aaron’s own statements will assist in his conviction.
OK, but have you ever worked for an attorney? You have a very, very distinctive writing style
that could easily be regarded as a form of legalese, that is, a formal document style that's
a bit stilted and not that conversational. No offense meant. To wit:

To your point about the difference between U.S. manufactured holi powder and others, there’s no proof the substance he threw was manufactured in the U.S. He stated someone sent it to him and he told police the package he removed the bag from didn’t bear an ingredients list because it wasn’t food-grade and “not meant for consumption”. So, he contended, it didn’t need to have an ingredients label. I believe an ingredients list would’ve been required on the package if it was made in the U.S. and regulated by the FDA. So Aaron’s own statements appeared to demonstrate depraved indifference because he believed the substance to be unregulated and not-for-consumption.
Powders of this type can be ordered overseas from places like TEMU. There’s no telling what that powder consisted of, potentially including asbestos and heavy metals. He’s probably the best witness the state has against him.

Not that I care that much, but have you ever worked in a legal office? Just curious. :coolwink:

You certainly could. You have the legal (legalese) chops!

Have you enjoyed any other threads on the message board since you became
a member here 18 months ago? I'm just curious what appeals to new-ish members. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
I asked a different AI tool (Claude),
"How is Holi powder used in festivals?"

Claude:

Holi powder is used in joyful, interactive ways during the Holi festival, which typically occurs in March and celebrates the arrival of spring. Here's how it's traditionally used:

The main celebration: People gather in streets, parks, and open spaces and throw colored powder at each other. It's a playful, energetic celebration where friends, family, and even strangers smear gulal on each other's faces and bodies, creating a vibrant, colorful atmosphere.

Common practices:
  • Throwing and tossing: People toss handfuls of powder into the air or directly at others, creating colorful clouds
  • Smearing: Applying powder gently to someone's face or cheeks as a greeting or blessing
  • Group play: Large gatherings where crowds of people throw powder simultaneously, creating spectacular visual effects
  • Music and dancing: The powder throwing is accompanied by traditional music, dancing, and celebration
The symbolism: The colors represent the vibrancy of spring, the triumph of good over evil, and the breaking down of social barriers. During Holi, traditional social hierarchies are temporarily set aside - people of all ages, castes, and social classes play together as equals.

Water element: Holi celebrations often also include colored water, which people spray using water guns (pichkaris) or throw in balloons. This combines with the powder for even more colorful chaos.

The spirit: The whole celebration is meant to be joyous and liberating. The phrase you'll often hear is "Holi hai!" (It's Holi!), which is both a greeting and an explanation for the playful mayhem. By the end, everyone is covered head to toe in multiple colors.
 
~
Don Hubbard is down in the dumps today
Don Hubbard is pretty despondent right now sitting in the Clearwater Police
slammer along side other desperados. He's a bit solemn, praying at times.
He's never been in a situation like this before. He's hoping to have a hearing
tomorrow and hoping to be out for Turkey Day, his favorite day of the year.

Don likes breast meat best, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, mac
and cheese, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, pumpkin pie. Imagine what he's
thinking about right now. He could possibly be having a TV dinner with
his new friends here in the Clearwater holding tank. No wonder his
brother Ron ran as hard as he could all his life to avoid a similar fate.

I took this photo surreptitiously with my iPhone while being led to see
Don today. (No photos are allowed inside the police station or cells.)
I didn't see Aaron anywhere while traipsing around the cell blocks.

DonJail.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​
 
Maybe Aaron could use some religious angle.....

These Festivals where this colored powder is used....must be somehow Hindu related?

Perhaps Aaron was just in a religious thrall of Hindu ecstasy....
 
Back
Top