White House attacks Scientology Youth For Human Rights Award Winner Nation of Islam Brother Rizza Islam as one of the Disinformation Dozen on vaccines

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
White House attacks Scientology Youth For Human Rights Award Winner Nation of Islam Brother Rizza Islam as one of the "Disinformation Dozen" on Covid-19 vaccines.

Instagram post by Scientology Youth For Human Rights Award Winner Nation of Islam Brother Rizza Islam:

http://instagr.am/p/CRav0BZHfll/

Screenshot_20210719-085524_1626710189231.png

Screenshot_20210719-083144_1626708818271_1626708922386.png

Screenshot_20210719-083201_1626708843547.png

Opoyi: Who are the 'disinformation dozen' rapped by the White House?

* The White House clamped down on Silicon Valley on Thursday to address vaccination disinformation

*They have singled out 12 persons branding the "disinformation dozen"

The majority of the 12 people are active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

By Rishika Singh

Who are the 'disinformation dozen' rapped by the White House?

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The White House singled out 12 persons branded as the "disinformation dozen", who are held responsible for a large amount of misinformation regarding COVID-19 in an effort to clamp down on Silicon Valley on Friday to address vaccination disinformation, .

"There are about 12 people who are producing 65% of anti-vaccine misinformation on social media platforms," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said.

That figure comes from the organisation, Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), which designated roughly a dozen people as "super-spreaders" of anti-vaccine disinformation in a report released in March.

The majority of the 12 people are active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

According to the research, they frequently avoid breaking social media site restrictions by swapping code words or hand signs for words. The "disinformation dozen" has a significant social media following and generates content at a high and regular pace, according to the research.

[SNIP]

Rizza Islam

Rizza Islam's anti-vaccine posts attempt to increase vaccination apprehension amongst African Americans. Rizza Islam's Facebook page was taken down by Facebook in February, but he continues to promote anti-vaccine statements on Instagram and Twitter.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

A video report:

Fascism: White House just mentioned Rizza Islam & 11 others

/

Last edited:

ISNOINews

The Times of Israel: 12 accounts behind most online vaccine misinformation, COVID conspiracy theories

Report finds 'disinformation dozen' responsible for 65% of anti-vaccine content on social media, reaching more than 59 million followers on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter

By TOI STAFF and AP
18 July 2021, 12:50 pm

12 accounts behind most online vaccine misinformation, COVID conspiracy theories | The Times of Israel

The vast majority of online misinformation and conspiracy theories about the pandemic and coronavirus vaccines originates with just 12 accounts, according to a new report.

Those people, dubbed the “disinformation dozen” by the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), include Robert F. Kennedy Jr. — nephew of former United States president John F. Kennedy — and Joseph Mercola, a well-known anti-vaxxer who peddles health supplements he claims can cure disease.

The other named perpetrators were the joint account of Ty and Charlene Bollinger, as well as the social media accounts of Sherri Tenpenny, Rizza Islam, Rashid Buttar, Erin Elizabeth, Sayer Ji, Kelly Brogan, Christiane Northrup, Ben Tapper and Kevin Jenkins.

[SNIP]

After the White House received the report last week, US President Joe Biden said Friday that social media companies are “killing people” by failing to police misinformation on their platforms about COVID-19 vaccines, which have repeatedly been found to be both safe and effective
Biden’s comments came a day after US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy declared misinformation about the vaccines a threat to public health, and as US officials advised that deaths and serious illness from the virus are almost entirely preventable thanks to the vaccines.

Biden, asked if he had a message for platforms like Facebook where false or misleading information about the coronavirus vaccines has spread, told reporters, “They’re killing people.”

/

ISNOINews

Gizmodo: Joe Biden: Facebook’s Not Killing People. My Bad.

Biden says that when he said Facebook is "killing people" with antivax content, he really just wanted "to make people look at themselves, look in the mirror."

By Tom McKay
An hour ago

Joe Biden: Facebook’s Not Killing People. My Bad.

Last Friday, Joe Biden told reporters that Facebook was “killing people” by refusing to take action on a number of anti-vax accounts spreading conspiracy theories, hoaxes, and other misinformation about the novel coronavirus pandemic—causing the social network to respond with faux indignation. Now Biden is walking that back, sort of, saying that while he meant what he said, he hopes Facebook and the public took him seriously but somewhat less than literally.

Biden’s initial comments referred to a report by the Center for Countering Digital Hate that identified a handful of accounts—including antivax mainstay Robert F. Kennedy Jr., disgraced researcher Joseph Mercola, and others including Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, Rizza Islam, and Ty & Charlene Bollinger—as being disproportionately responsible for a flood of content promoting inaccurate information about vaccines on social media sites. Facebook has taken little serious enforcement action against these accounts, even after RFK Jr. managed to get himself banned on subsidiary Instagram.

[SNIP]

“Facebook isn’t killing people—these 12 people are out there giving misinformation,” Biden said. “Anyone listening to it is getting hurt by it. It’s killing people. It’s bad information. My hope is that Facebook, instead of taking it personally, that somehow I’m saying Facebook is killing people, that they would do something about the misinformation, the outrageous misinformation about the vaccine.”

“That’s what I meant,” Biden continued.

Biden also added he was simply trying to force Facebook to reconsider its position on moral grounds. He said he was “not trying to hold people accountable, I’m trying to make people look at themselves, look in the mirror.”

“Think about that misinformation going to your son, your daughter, your relative, someone you love. That’s what I’m asking,” he concluded.

/

ISNOINews

Sandra Rose: White House targets NOI’s Rizza Islam for spreading vaccine misinformation

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

White House targets NOI’s Rizza Islam for spreading vaccine misinformation | Sandra Rose

Screenshot_20210721-063038_1626874447865.png

After analyzing 812,000 anti-vaccine posts on Facebook and Twitter, the CCDH determined that just 12 people shared 65% of anti-vaccine posts.

Rizza Islam runs of the 12 accounts behind most online vaccine misinformation, according to the CCDH.

The other 12 accounts include Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Joseph Mercola, Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, Ty & Charlene Bollinger, and others
Rizza Islam is described as a "religious zealot" and a "California based Scientologist with a large Instagram following."

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
The problem with these sort of people is that they wil turn this around with thought stopping nonsense like:
- "See, the deep state is after us!"
- "They are saying that because George Soros paid them to."
- "If they criticize us, that means we are winning"

- "If what we said was false, they would just ignore us. They would attack us only if we speak the truth"

And other such bs. I did my share of such mental gymnastics back in the day.

ISNOINews

The problem with these sort of people is that they wil turn this around with thought stopping nonsense like:
[SNIP]
- "If what we said was false, they would just ignore us. They would attack us only if we speak the truth"

And other such bs. I did my share of such mental gymnastics back in the day.
This is known as the Galileo Fallacy.

Rational Wiki explains:

Galileo gambit - RationalWiki

It is not enough to wear the mantle of Galileo: that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right.
—Robert L. Park

The Galileo gambit (also Galileo syndrome[2]:165-166 and Galileo fallacy) is a logical fallacy that asserts that if your ideas provoke the establishment to vilify or threaten you, you must be right — "everyone says I am wrong, therefore I am right."

Users of the fallacy are to be understood as being essentially "Galileo wannabes".

The fallacy refers to Galileo Galilei's famous persecution at the hands of the Roman Catholic Church for his defence of heliocentrism in the face of the orthodox Biblical literalism of the day (though some alternative medicine proponents use Ignaz Semmelweis instead of Galileo). People use this argument repeatedly in response to serious criticisms that more often than not they just don't understand.

It essentially conflates the way one is treated with the reason one is treated that way. An extreme example of this might be the treatment of criminals under totalitarianism; while many genuine political dissidents were imprisoned in Siberia under Soviet rule, so were many thieves, murderers and rapists. It does not follow that because the first group were persecuted for political reasons that the criminals were in the right. Likewise, a major manufacturer may take steps against someone who is about to expose their 1appalling pollution or human rights records, but they will also pursue someone who is making libellous and false statements about them.

The fallacy is an appeal to the minority, an appeal to authority, a conditional fallacy, and an association fallacy.

Logically Fallacious explains:

Galileo Fallacy

(also known as: Galileo argument, Galileo defense, Galileo gambit, Galileo wannabe)

Description: The claim that because an idea is forbidden, prosecuted, detested, or otherwise mocked, it must be true, or should be given more credibility. This originates from Galileo Galilei's famous persecution by the Roman Catholic Church for his defense of heliocentrism when the commonly accepted belief at the time was an earth-centered universe.

Logical Form:

Claim X is made.

Claim X is ridiculous.

Person A argues that claim Y was seen as ridiculous at the time, and it turned out to be right.

Therefore, claim X is true (or should be given more credibility).

Example #1:

Lindi and Jonah claim that Elvis is still alive and living on the planet Hounddogian, in the constellation Bluesuede. When questioned about their odd beliefs, Lindi and Jonah confidently reply, "You know, people thought Galileo was nuts, too."

Explanation: Lindi and Jonah are making an extraordinary claim and offering no evidence to support their claim. They are using Galileo in an attempt to get the audience to doubt their skepticism about the claim.

Example #2:

Sidney: I am mere weeks away from getting my time machine to work, at which time, I will go back to 1626 and buy Manhattan from the Native Americans before the Dutch West India Company gets their greedy hands on it. I'll be much more generous and give the Native Americans 70 guilders, not a measly 60.

Pete: Is this the time travel kit you bought online for $99.99?

Sidney: Go ahead and mock me. People mocked the Wright brothers too for wanting to fly like birds!

Explanation: Although Sidney did not use the exact example of Galileo, the fallacy is the same. Any reference to a similar story counts.

Exception: Using Galileo or similar success stories to serve as effective inspirational anecdotes to encourage people to reach outside their comfort zone is not fallacious. It does not mean, however, that because they succeeded, that everyone else will or even can.

Tip: Remember that for every Galileo, there are millions of cranks, quacks, and wackos, and statistically speaking, those who use the Galileo defense are one of the latter.

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
This is known as the Galileo Fallacy.
It is a common belief in Scientology and also Mormonism: That if you are being attacked and criticized, that is evidence of the fact that what you say is true. That people wouldn't bother attacking you if what you believed in was all bogus science fiction.

I imagine the NOI does the same sort of thinking.