J. Swift
Well-known member
I take the longer view that it was all a financial fraud since L. Ron Hubbard overspent and embezzled the Dianetics Foundation of Elizabeth, NJ into bankruptcy. From there, he fled possible criminal charges in NJ. He then proceeded to spend Don Purcell and the Wichita Foundation into bankruptcy. He then skipped town and went to Phoenix where he used Volney Mathison's e-meter and auditing techniques to reboot as Scientology.
I call them the "Shadowmen" and define that term as all the people who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo going inside of the Cult. This includes David Miscavige personally; Scientology's regges; the IAS regges; non-Scientologist lawyers and PI's; PR damage control firms; more than a few dirty politicians and cops scattered everywhere the Cult operates; and some contractors who I think are involved in kickbacks. Monique Yingling and her firm have made tens of millions in their decades with the Cult. Talon Executive Services, Nova PRC, and a few other key vendors have gotten rich off the Cult.I'd like to know who the financial fraud "insiders" or conspirators are, if that's possible.
I have another term called "The Scientology Money Club." These are wealthy Scientologists and, imo, the buy-in is $5 million minimum to the IAS or wherever David Miscavige designates it. This buys access to the Church's transnational network of offshore bankers, Shadowmen, lawyers, and other hustlers who can make things happen. The Dutch tax lawyer George Praag on Curacao is an example of someone with offshore connections. He can easily launder money through his online gambling sites. See my blog for some examples: Billionaire Bob Duggan, the Panama Papers, and the Scientology Money Club
Definitely. That's how it works: Take the money or face Scientology's retalliation for the rest of your life.I found so many have taken "hush money" over the years and to this day. I know how much Debbie Cook got, and I can only imagine Marty got more. Had to get more. Disheartening.
I really miss Bill Franks. He was a much beloved friend and would see Karen and I whenever he was in LA. I interviewed him at length on several podcasts. He was not ED/INT long enough to see how far down the rabbit hole LRH's offshore accounts, income tax evasion, and money laundering went.To date, Bill Franks and Michael Flynn have given the most bold and hard-hitting interviews about scien and Hubbard, IMO. Bill Franks named names and discussed many specifics, going as far as talking about being asked to murder someone by the G.O. and about reading documents regarding three G.O. murder plots when he was ED Int. Now that was one truthful and brave guy. He is missed.






