Scientology Patron Meritorious Joy Villa and the Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Scientology Patron Meritorious Joy Villa and the Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pajiba: The Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

Alberto Cox Délano | Politics | August 24, 2021

The Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

As many of you know by now, Cameo is a platform where you can book a celebrity to record a personalized greeting, message, etc., or video-chat. I’ll be honest, this was a brilliant idea. Basically, they took the same basic concept as the overpriced speaking engagement industry, but on a micro-scale, with relatively affordable prices … for upper-middle-class people
[SNIP]

Then we have Antonio Sabato (either the original or the Jr., can’t tell them apart), a former Pussycat Doll, and the never-were’s, like that Joy Villa one (the one who wore a MAGA flag to the Grammys) or some videoclip director who apparently worked with Akon and The Smashing Pumpkins. Here is where things get sad and funny at the same time: nobody seems to be hiring them if we go by the reviews. Farage and Palin are doing fine, but Sabato has less than two-dozen and Joy Villa merely two, and the latter is shilling for only $45 a video
* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pajiba: The Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

Alberto Cox Délano | Politics | August 24, 2021

The Sad, Sad, Sad World of GOP, Far-Right Cameo

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

As many of you know by now, Cameo is a platform where you can book a celebrity to record a personalized greeting, message, etc., or video-chat. I’ll be honest, this was a brilliant idea. Basically, they took the same basic concept as the overpriced speaking engagement industry, but on a micro-scale, with relatively affordable prices … for upper-middle-class people
[SNIP]

Then we have Antonio Sabato (either the original or the Jr., can’t tell them apart), a former Pussycat Doll, and the never-were’s, like that Joy Villa one (the one who wore a MAGA flag to the Grammys) or some videoclip director who apparently worked with Akon and The Smashing Pumpkins. Here is where things get sad and funny at the same time: nobody seems to be hiring them if we go by the reviews. Farage and Palin are doing fine, but Sabato has less than two-dozen and Joy Villa merely two, and the latter is shilling for only $45 a video
* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

/
Guys, I had the most amazing idea.

We can book Joy Villa on Cameo, so she would do a reading of some of our SP poems from the Vogon Poetry Corner thread

Maybe this one?

Come aboard the sea org express, do you have what it takes?
From here on it goes downhill and we have no brakes
A runaway ethics train, we go full steam ahead
Work round the clock, you can sleep when you're dead!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Thanks ISNOI News, I had never heard of "CAMEO" before.

It's an interesting study in the celebrity phenomenon. I briefly looked through it and saw other current and former Scientologists in there (all in the "MOVIE ACTOR" tab).

Most interesting was Pricilla Presley, who will do a short video for $200. It makes me wonder if some celebrities joined CAMEO to create more notoriety and a bigger fan base for their "causes" and "charities"---or whether doing videos-on-demand were strictly for cash flow. I have no idea, but it would be a wild thing if the entire Elvis Presley estate and Graceland tourism destination and other assorted merchandising/licensing revenues had so bottomed out that she was forced to promote little jobs for herself at rates of only "from $200...". I know that there were many stories circulating that Lisa Marie Presley had lost mega fortunes due to ripoff money managers, but really? They're down to needing 200 bucks?!

I went so quickly thru the actors I could have missed many but i did see Marisol Nichols (rate $125, because "she loves talking to her fans"); Nazanin Boniadi ($100, to raise money for Afghan refugees); Erika Christensen (from $145).....

There are a lot of surprisingly famous celebrities who are logged on to that site from all corners (athletes, musicians, etc) and there are a lot of people you never heard of whose rate is $1,000 from the social network websites like TikTok or whose claim to fame is being an "INFLUENCER".

Interesting stuff!

Type4_PTS

Thanks ISNOI News, I had never heard of "CAMEO" before.

It's an interesting study in the celebrity phenomenon. I briefly looked through it and saw other current and former Scientologists in there (all in the "MOVIE ACTOR" tab).

Most interesting was Pricilla Presley, who will do a short video for $200. It makes me wonder if some celebrities joined CAMEO to create more notoriety and a bigger fan base for their "causes" and "charities"---or whether doing videos-on-demand were strictly for cash flow. I have no idea, but it would be a wild thing if the entire Elvis Presley estate and Graceland tourism destination and other assorted merchandising/licensing revenues had so bottomed out that she was forced to promote little jobs for herself at rates of only "from $200...". I know that there were many stories circulating that Lisa Marie Presley had lost mega fortunes due to ripoff money managers, but really? They're down to needing 200 bucks?!

I went so quickly thru the actors I could have missed many but i did see Marisol Nichols (rate $125, because "she loves talking to her fans"); Nazanin Boniadi ($100, to raise money for Afghan refugees); Erika Christensen (from $145).....

There are a lot of surprisingly famous celebrities who are logged on to that site from all corners (athletes, musicians, etc) and there are a lot of people you never heard of whose rate is $1,000 from the social network websites like TikTok or whose claim to fame is being an "INFLUENCER".

Interesting stuff!

A Robert DeNiro impersonator is available for $98.00 which sounds like a better deal than Joy Villa at $45.00

Karakorum

Well, the sleazy corporate bottom line fine print from Cameo was (well, I'm not gonna quote the thing, just boil it down to main points):

1. The celebrity can decline to do your request, or just ignore it for 7 days and then it gets auto-cancelled.
2. The money you paid for that ignored request can then be used it to try to buy a different request. But we will not refund any money back to your original funding source. Absolutely no refunds whatsoever under any circumstances, even if all your requests are ignored.

... wait, why did a part of that text end up purple?
:scratch:

Type4_PTS

Well, the sleazy corporate bottom line fine print from Cameo was (well, I'm not gonna quote the thing, just boil it down to main points):

1. The celebrity can decline to do your request, or just ignore it for 7 days and then it gets auto-cancelled.
2. The money you paid for that ignored request can then be used it to try to buy a different request. But we will not refund any money back to your original funding source. Absolutely no refunds whatsoever under any circumstances, even if all your requests are ignored.

... wait, why did a part of that text end up purple?
:scratch:

The impression I got was that the no refund policy applies only once you've received your video. In the FAQ's section it says:

How long will my Cameo video request take to be completed?
October 12 2020 12:53pm
Talent have up to seven days to complete a request. If your request isn’t completed within seven days, it will expire, and the temporary hold on your debit/credit card will be released.

EDIT:
It looks like the terms you mentioned DO apply if you purchased the video via the iOS app. It seems to conflict with the answer I saw in FAQ's

Karakorum

The impression I got was that the no refund policy applies only once you've received your video. In the FAQ's section it says:

How long will my Cameo video request take to be completed?
October 12 2020 12:53pm
Talent have up to seven days to complete a request. If your request isn’t completed within seven days, it will expire, and the temporary hold on your debit/credit card will be released.

EDIT: It looks like the terms you mentioned DO apply if you purchased the video via the iOS app. It seems to conflict with the answer I saw in FAQ's
Yeah you are right, what I mentioned applies only to the iOS purchase. I misunderstood and was left believing that iOs is the only possible funding source and didn't realize they have a separate direct card payment option.

Direct card purchases would get refunded (or technically - the card will never be debited in the first place).

Type4_PTS

Yeah you are right, what I mentioned applies only to the iOS purchase. I misunderstood and was left believing that iOs is the only possible funding source and didn't realize they have a separate direct card payment option.

Direct card purchases would get refunded (or technically - the card will never be debited in the first place).

It's odd that they have such radically different terms on the iOS app. Anyways, the way to go would be to purchase either through their website or the Android app.