Ron the Hypnotist

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
I thought the name McClaughry was familiar ...

D

Deleted member 51

Hello! I am just relaying the huge amount of documentary releases from a good web page from two former Class 7 Auditors and SO Staff on their amazingly informative web page The McClaughry's Blog. When one accepts that LRH was working for the US government (although secretly a recruited British Agent in 1927) it all makes sense. The confusing dates and locations, and muddled stories were deliberately obfuscated by LRH because they were cover stories for his real research projects. Scientologists were The Test Group.
{Subject to minor corrections as I am dyslexic but attained Cleared Theta Clear in 1982} (Whatever that is worth! LOL)
Oh, so the answer is no, no actual documents stating these things, just links to links to links to put a conspiracy theory together. The McClaury's blog. That explains everything, thanks.

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
True, but when does "Hubbard himself talking" about anything make it more credible? ;)

I'm not bashing you guys, its just me being sceptical about any claims about Hubbard being extremely good at anything. Such claims have been made a lot about him and not all of them proved to be as true as he wanted them to be..
My gut feeling is that he'd paid the little boy to pretend he was hypnotized and carrying around a make believe kangaroo because Hubbard was more a fraud than anything real and tangible. There were no limits to the fraud the snake oil king would perpetrate. I doubt he was any better at hypnotism than he was at auditing as he was reportedly piss poor at that.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
My gut feeling is that he'd paid the little boy to pretend he was hypnotized and carrying around a make believe kangaroo because Hubbard was more a fraud than anything real and tangible. There were no limits to the fraud the snake oil king would perpetrate. I doubt he was any better at hypnotism than he was at auditing as he was reportedly piss poor at that.
Hubbard was apparently a good enough hypnotist to hypnotize a willing subject. The original dianetic technique WAS hypnosis. Campbell, Winter, Rogers, etc. knowingly ALLOWED Hubbard to hypnotize them as dianetic pc's. Hubbard only changed it to "dianetic reverie" when he wrote DMSMH because he knew calling it hypnosis would frighten people away.

I refer you to my earlier posts on the subject in this thread.

Last edited:

KKS

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
Hubbard was apparently a good enough hypnotist to hypnotize a willing subject. The original dianetic technique WAS hypnosis. Campbell, Winter, Rogers, etc. knowingly ALLOWED Hubbard to hypnotize them as dianetic pc's. Hubbard only changed it to "dianetic reverie" when he wrote DMSMH because he knew calling it hypnosis would frighten people away.
I refer you to my earlier posts on the subject in this thread.

If you trust me a bit: L Ron Hubbard set up Scientology for self indoctrination and self hypnosis after he got bored having an inkling of inspiration of how he actually could help people in their lives with a form of therapy he learned excisted. That is what David Mayo touched on.: Just talking to the "subject"makes the subject feel better. It is so simple, damn that an guy like me with Asperger has to say this: Social Interaction is a cure for lonleyness. But I will aggree it is not given to anyone to be "fluent" in social skills, So if you seem to provide a "solution"like Scientology especcially on a lower level, and I must admit those aren't half bad then you will atract people.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
If you trust me a bit: L Ron Hubbard set up Scientology for self indoctrination and self hypnosis after he got bored having an inkling of inspiration of how he actually could help people in their lives with a form of therapy he learned excisted. That is what David Mayo touched on.: Just talking to the "subject"makes the subject feel better. It is so simple, damn that an guy like me with Asperger has to say this: Social Interaction is a cure for lonleyness. But I will aggree it is not given to anyone to be "fluent" in social skills, So if you seem to provide a "solution"like Scientology especcially on a lower level, and I must admit those aren't half bad then you will atract people.
I agree with what you say, except that Hubbard actually wanted to help people. If you read letters he wrote when he was putting dns together, he's way more interested in how much money he can make and how he can control people. (Search for "Forrest Ackerman" at tonyortega.org if you need to see these.) If some people got helped it was only a byproduct. The real points were money and control.

And that's the way it stayed.

Barney Bear

Nature Boy
True, but when does "Hubbard himself talking" about anything make it more credible? ;)

I'm not bashing you guys, its just me being sceptical about any claims about Hubbard being extremely good at anything. Such claims have been made a lot about him and not all of them proved to be as true as he wanted them to be..
May I repeat that as Hubbard was recruited by MI6 around 1929 by Ian MacBean (Markabians ???) and mentored by Intelligence Operative Joseph 'Snake' Thompson through the 1930's going on missions in China and the Caribbean. All the crap was just cover story for his activities. I personally always suspected that LRH was hiding his real activities. He did often confide some stuff to people on the Apollo. Us staff could spot the government shills and agents a mile away as they infiltrated the GOWW. I knew three of them and they more or less admitted that they were there to gather info. The CIA involvement since 1950 was also obvious to me as there was a television documentary about OSS agents in Tangier and one of them mentioned Hubbard have some sort of special arrangement. Much of the original documentation has been found by Mike and Virginia McLaughry. (2020). It clears up all the loose ends and ceases the endless a=a=a=a=a from people who have not done their homework. Hubbard was a very skilled and able operator. He died with a personal fortune of over $260 million in assets and bank vaults. (I spoke to a man who moved it to Lichtenstein). Stupid, inept people do not amass millions, unless they had a .com windfall or inherited it from daddy. (Trump). The biggest clue to me was just why would those mental institutions and hospitals allow LRH to visit regularly and treat patients and associate with staff and executives if he was only some nut job off the street? It was always about Eugenics and Psychotronics.

Last edited:

Barney Bear

Nature Boy
Note that "St. Elizabeth's" is easily confused with Elizabeth, N. J., which was the site of the first Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation. St. Elizabeth's Hospital is where Hubbard claimed to have spent time as a patient while "crippled and blinded" after WW II. (In fact, I confused the two the first time I read this myself.)

It's quite plausible that he might have addressed the staff at the HDRF in Elizabeth, N. J. -- but would he as a patient have been addressing the staff at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, from a stage? Not likely.

I think Hubbard himself probably confused the two and said "St. Elizabeth's" when he really meant Elizabeth, N. J., or he's just plain lying. And he's probably lying in any case.

Although he was by all accounts an able hypnotist, it's a bit much to swallow that he could hypnotize an entire group of people so thoroughly that they would believe they'd heard a speech when they hadn't.

There are levels of hypnosis. Putting a group into a light trance (relaxation, lethargy, eyes closed) might be doable, but making the entire group think they heard a speech they didn't (positive hallucination) is a different story. That requires a much deeper level of trance.

I think hypnosis plays a large role in scn, but I also think Hubbard is full of shit here.
The HDRF was in Saint Elizabeth, New Jersey, however the Mental Institution Hubbard worked at was Saint Elizabeth's Hospital and the Chestnut Institute where the "incurables" and schizophrenics were accommodated from WW2. Oak Knoll Hospital is near San Francisco. Hubbard also visited a Hospital in Savanna, Georgia, as that was a secret research facility. He was not there as a patient despite the false reports to keep people off the facts of mind-control research and development. (1950's)