Revisiting OTVIII . . . what, again??!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hubbard talks about liking Myers Dark Rum on one of the BC Tapes....

Does anyone know if that was his preferred booze...? He liked Cokes so much.....I figure rum and coke?
 
Sure.

I've looked into the Sarge claims and written about them extensively since the books
Going Clear by Lawrence Wright and Marty's Book III both came out.

COS and Sarge
The COS either likes and respects Sarge a lot or is scared to death of what he told many people.

They haven't made a hate site about Sarge and they don't refute his story anywhere.
They'd rather not put any attention on it. It's the "third rail" topic for the COS.

Actually the cult have disparaged Sarge numerous times by calling him a drunken bum that Hubbard would NEVER have confided in re "Ive failed" and "not returning to earth "etc.

IN addition to calling him an alcoholic low level handiman they have used other terms to disparage him to a lot of media. You will find these if you look.
 
This essay written by Sarge himself was posted on Rathbun's blog:


LRH arrives at Creston

Posted on October 25, 2010 by Mark C. Rathbun | 225 Comments


by Steve “Sarge” Pfauth
Toward the end of my years as ‘rover’ I lived in an RV park in a small town called Devore. Devore was a little town north of San Bernadino California. I coined the term ‘Rover’ as I didn’t really have a post. During those years I just floated around and did backup stuff for Pat Broker and LRH. We used the Devore RV park for ‘meets’ with DM and JB and a safe place for Pat and I to operate from. .
Early 1983, after LRHs birthday in March, Pat brought a horse to Devore. The horse was a beautiful thoroughbred mare named ‘January’. January was a birthday present from Pat and Annie Broker to LRH. We found a local with a corral for rent in the town of Devore and I took care of ‘January’. I fed, brushed and curried her and would ride her around the corral bareback (didn’t have a saddle). She loved me and I her.
One day in early May ‘83’ Pat came with a horse trailer and we loaded January up and off they went. Pat also had me look for another RV park where we could park an
RV or vehicle. I found a place on hwy 95(?) west of Victorville, Cal. It was a little RV park tucked away in a box canyon in the mountains. Later on when I was courier at Creston I would use this park as a vehicle relay point to change vehicles before going to Int (S) or LA. Well, after the Beverly Hills restaurant thing where Pat and DM had me burning a 20 dollar bill, I knew something was up.
It was mid May of ‘83’ when Pat showed up at the Devore RV park and told me to
pack up my stuff. He said I was moving and wouldn’t be back. We drove for a long time and finally we arrived at the sleepy little town of Creston. Creston was a small town in the coastal range of California in San Luis Obispo county. This was horse country.
Kenny Rogers had a big horse ranch there. Creston had two bars (Longbranch and Loadingshute), a Church, a small school, Post office and a few houses. Whispering Winds Ranch was about a mile south of town on a private road.
Pat didn’t tell me where we were going until we made the turn south of Creston. Pat said I was going to a ranch to work for the ‘old man’. Pat told me that I needed to choose an AKA (also known as) name to use. We had the radio on and the group ‘Carpenters’ were singing ‘its only just begun’. So I said Carpenter. I needed to choose a first name and I had to eliminate other names I had used. I thought about it and I just wanted to be an ordinary ‘Joe’. So now I was ‘Joe Carpenter’.
We got settled in and Pat showed me around the ranch. I saw my old friend ‘January’ and she was as glad to see me as I her. I also met ‘Rojo’. Rojo was a large ‘American saddle’ horse that we got with the property. Rojo was suppose to be my horse. He was a gelding and had a great disposition. We got along fine.
I started to work the next day and met the electrical contractors that installed all the electrical for the RV hookups at the stables. I ran all the water lines and plumbing etc. I went to town and bought lots of tools etc to setup the place. The ranch had been neglected and was very run down after a messy divorce by the previous owner. The ranch looked bad but it had potential. Lots of work to do.
After a couple weeks of setups, about early to mid June, we had completed the setups and were ready for LRH. Pat took me for a walk and stopped me and said “Sarge! If you ever blow, I will track you down and I will kill you”. It was tone 40 and meant to impinge. Now, Pat and I didn’t always agree but we got along and I thought we were friends. This just blew my mind. Anyway he told me he was going to go get ‘the old man’ and Annie and to expect them mid to late afternoon.
I hung out at the stables and cleaned the stables apartment and took care of the horses etc and waited for his arrival. I was very nervous. I double checked everything.
There were two vehicles. The ‘Bluebird’ was a large bus converted into a motor home. The ‘Country Aire’was a 40 foot long trailer pulled by a truck. The ‘Bluebird’ entered the gate first and stopped about 50 yards from the stables next to the lake. Annie was driving. I was standing at the end of the stables when LRH came bounding out of the ‘Bluebird’ and yelled ‘SARGE!’. Yikes! Anyone who knew LRH can attest that he had a booming voice. Now all the neighbors knew he arrived. I was surprised and happy at the same time. I hurried to the Bluebird to greet him. By the time
I got there Annie was there beaming at me. She said ‘hello’ and gave me a big hug.
I don’t remember seeing LRH so excited. He was giddy. All smiles and I could tell he was happy to see me and finally have a home again. Wow!
LRH gave me a conspiratorial look and asked “what’s your handle”?
I said “Joe Carpenter”. He laughed and told me that was a great name. Made me feel good as I thought so too.
Then he said my name is ‘Jack Farnsworth’, and he laughed again. I told him that was a great name. We exchanged ‘shore stories’ so we were on the same page. Pat was Mike Mitchell, the owner of the property. Annie was Lisa Mitchell, Mike’s wife and LRH was Lisa’s father. I was Joe, a friend of the family hired to help run the property.
LRH stared at me, still smiling, and asked me “who do I look like”? I said I don’t know. He said “ no, really who do I look like”? He could tell I was uncomfortable so he said “Colonel Sanders!” He laughed again and then we all did. He really did. His hair was long and white with a little red and he had a beard and he was dressed like a southern gentlemen.
Pat and I got the RVs hooked up and everyone settled in while I cooked dinner. I setup a card table in the stables living room and we all sat around eating and talking. It was great. LRH loved what I cooked and that was the end of the first day at Creston.

++++++++++++++
Hardly compatible with Cult's denigration of him. All who joined Hubbard for those last years were handpicked by Hubbard himself.
 
The request for build electric shock Emeter


From Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior:


Sarge (Steve Pfauth): So, anyway, he (L. Ron Hubbard) wanted to see me. So I went into the Bluebird and sat down. And he sat across from me and he said, “Sarge,”…boy I wish I had written it all down because I don’t want to goof it up, because this is kind of important. Basically he said, “Sarge, I need you to do something.” He wanted me to build him a machine that would get rid of the bts [body thetans] and kill the body.


Mark (“Marty” Rathbun): Wow.


Sarge: Yeah. It’s kind of heavy. It struck me real hard. He told me a few things. He said, “Yeah, I’ve done all I can do here and I’m just… I’m not coming back. I’m leaving and I am not coming back.” He wanted to die, basically. You know, his body was going to hell and all that stuff. He was having trouble with bts.


Mark: And you say that was in late ʼ85?


Sarge: Yeah. Fall of ʼ85. Yeah, it was right around October.


Mark: Like three months before he died.


Sarge: Yeah, like three or four months. So, I didn’t want to do it. But I didn’t tell him that. And I was hoping I could talk to Pat because Annie insisted that I build the machine. And I said, “Annie, I don’t know that much about building machines that fry people, you know what I mean?”


Mark: Well, did he describe how it should be done?


Sarge: Basically, he wanted to hook it up to the e-meter. And he wanted enough voltage in there that it would get rid of the bts. And I asked him about voltages and I asked him some questions…it was so long ago. And, uh, well, I gotta tell ya, it upset me a lot.


Mark: I bet. So, the idea was that you’d be holding the cans…


Sarge: Turn the thing on and then, in other words, he was gonna audit the bts away and the body was gonna die.


Mark: Right. So there would be enough voltage to kill the body?


Sarge: To do it all. How he figured I was going to figure that out, I have no idea…


… Sarge: Yeah. Earlier on I cooked for LRH. He thought I was a good cook. And then he got sick. Anyway, what happened was I was very upset. So I got pissy-ass drunk and Annie found me about four o’clock in the morning with beer cans all over the green truck, out at the racetrack. I had passed out on the seat. And she was screaming at me, “Oh, you son of a bitch!” Oh man, she laid into me. And I said, “All right, Annie,” and my head was hurting. But I was upset, I was very upset. I was crying and everything. That was a rough time. Very rough. Uh, so anyway, then days went by, okay? And Annie kept saying, “He wants to know about the machine, he wants to know about the machine. What are you doing on the machine?” Annie says, “If you don’t do anything on this Sarge, he’s going to get the local electrician to build one for him.” Can you picture that?


Mark: Wow. That would have been a…


Sarge: I said “No way, man.” So I had to show some progress. So I went to an electronics place in San Luis Obispo and I bought some Tesla coils and some up-transformer things and I got all sorts of things. I basically built him a battery-operated automotive coil type thing. This is my reasoning now, Marty. If he gets zapped by that sucker, it’s gonna shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. Okay?


Mark: Okay.


Sarge: It’ll shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. It’ll scare him and he won’t want to do it again.


Mark: These are like 12-volt batteries?


Sarge: Yeah. But the voltage is going to go way up on a transformer. It’s like an automotive coil sort of thing.


Mark: So your thought, what you understand is that he is not going to get…


Sarge: I’m not frying him!


Mark: Exactly. I gotcha.


Sarge: I didn’t want anything that is going to plug into the wall. I didn’t want to fry him, but I didn’t want to tell him I didn’t want to fry him. You know what I mean?


Mark: Yeah, I think about what you are saying right now, and I try to put myself into your position and I…


Sarge: It was very difficult. I didn’t want to kill the old man. So anyway, he used the thing and he fried up my Mark VI [e-meter]. I had a Mark VI that got fried.


Mark: He used it?


Sarge: Yeah.


Mark: LRH actually used it?


Sarge: Yeah, it was my Mark VI, yeah. And it fried the Mark VI. I knew that was going to happen. Fried it.


Mark: You mean he actually tried…


Sarge: Oh, yeah. It had burn marks on it and everything.


Mark: He didn’t get burnt?


Sarge: He may have. But after that there was no more mention of any machines. And that was my intention. That was my intention.


Mark: He probably got a good, hard jolt.


Sarge: I think it scared him, or something.


Mark: And it burned the plastic?


Sarge: It was burnt. It was fried. The insides were gone. Because, you know, those things are like a computer. You can’t put that much power into them without zapping them…I do think people need to know. I just wish at the time when I first blew that I would have written it all down. But I carried it because I had no terminals [people to talk to].
 
The request for build electric shock Emeter


From Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior:


Sarge (Steve Pfauth): So, anyway, he (L. Ron Hubbard) wanted to see me. So I went into the Bluebird and sat down. And he sat across from me and he said, “Sarge,”…boy I wish I had written it all down because I don’t want to goof it up, because this is kind of important. Basically he said, “Sarge, I need you to do something.” He wanted me to build him a machine that would get rid of the bts [body thetans] and kill the body.


Mark (“Marty” Rathbun): Wow.


Sarge: Yeah. It’s kind of heavy. It struck me real hard. He told me a few things. He said, “Yeah, I’ve done all I can do here and I’m just… I’m not coming back. I’m leaving and I am not coming back.” He wanted to die, basically. You know, his body was going to hell and all that stuff. He was having trouble with bts.


Mark: And you say that was in late ʼ85?


Sarge: Yeah. Fall of ʼ85. Yeah, it was right around October.


Mark: Like three months before he died.


Sarge: Yeah, like three or four months. So, I didn’t want to do it. But I didn’t tell him that. And I was hoping I could talk to Pat because Annie insisted that I build the machine. And I said, “Annie, I don’t know that much about building machines that fry people, you know what I mean?”


Mark: Well, did he describe how it should be done?


Sarge: Basically, he wanted to hook it up to the e-meter. And he wanted enough voltage in there that it would get rid of the bts. And I asked him about voltages and I asked him some questions…it was so long ago. And, uh, well, I gotta tell ya, it upset me a lot.


Mark: I bet. So, the idea was that you’d be holding the cans…


Sarge: Turn the thing on and then, in other words, he was gonna audit the bts away and the body was gonna die.


Mark: Right. So there would be enough voltage to kill the body?


Sarge: To do it all. How he figured I was going to figure that out, I have no idea…


… Sarge: Yeah. Earlier on I cooked for LRH. He thought I was a good cook. And then he got sick. Anyway, what happened was I was very upset. So I got pissy-ass drunk and Annie found me about four o’clock in the morning with beer cans all over the green truck, out at the racetrack. I had passed out on the seat. And she was screaming at me, “Oh, you son of a bitch!” Oh man, she laid into me. And I said, “All right, Annie,” and my head was hurting. But I was upset, I was very upset. I was crying and everything. That was a rough time. Very rough. Uh, so anyway, then days went by, okay? And Annie kept saying, “He wants to know about the machine, he wants to know about the machine. What are you doing on the machine?” Annie says, “If you don’t do anything on this Sarge, he’s going to get the local electrician to build one for him.” Can you picture that?


Mark: Wow. That would have been a…


Sarge: I said “No way, man.” So I had to show some progress. So I went to an electronics place in San Luis Obispo and I bought some Tesla coils and some up-transformer things and I got all sorts of things. I basically built him a battery-operated automotive coil type thing. This is my reasoning now, Marty. If he gets zapped by that sucker, it’s gonna shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. Okay?


Mark: Okay.


Sarge: It’ll shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. It’ll scare him and he won’t want to do it again.


Mark: These are like 12-volt batteries?


Sarge: Yeah. But the voltage is going to go way up on a transformer. It’s like an automotive coil sort of thing.


Mark: So your thought, what you understand is that he is not going to get…


Sarge: I’m not frying him!


Mark: Exactly. I gotcha.


Sarge: I didn’t want anything that is going to plug into the wall. I didn’t want to fry him, but I didn’t want to tell him I didn’t want to fry him. You know what I mean?


Mark: Yeah, I think about what you are saying right now, and I try to put myself into your position and I…


Sarge: It was very difficult. I didn’t want to kill the old man. So anyway, he used the thing and he fried up my Mark VI [e-meter]. I had a Mark VI that got fried.


Mark: He used it?


Sarge: Yeah.


Mark: LRH actually used it?


Sarge: Yeah, it was my Mark VI, yeah. And it fried the Mark VI. I knew that was going to happen. Fried it.


Mark: You mean he actually tried…


Sarge: Oh, yeah. It had burn marks on it and everything.


Mark: He didn’t get burnt?


Sarge: He may have. But after that there was no more mention of any machines. And that was my intention. That was my intention.


Mark: He probably got a good, hard jolt.


Sarge: I think it scared him, or something.


Mark: And it burned the plastic?


Sarge: It was burnt. It was fried. The insides were gone. Because, you know, those things are like a computer. You can’t put that much power into them without zapping them…I do think people need to know. I just wish at the time when I first blew that I would have written it all down. But I carried it because I had no terminals [people to talk to].
"Sarge: I said “No way, man.” So I had to show some progress. So I went to an electronics place in San Luis Obispo and I bought some Tesla coils and some up-transformer things and I got all sorts of things. I basically built him a battery-operated automotive coil type thing. This is my reasoning now, Marty. If he gets zapped by that sucker, it’s gonna shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. Okay?"


What Sarge is saying here is he figured out what to do w/o killing Hubbard. High voltage, like 30,000 volts will not kill you, what's needed is amperage. It's sort of like static electricity when you get zapped, you feel the zap, but it won't kill you. Put a regular 9 volt battery on your tongue that is new and you feel a sting, and dead one gives no string, it won't kill you because there is not enough amps.

In a car, the step up transformer turns a 12 volt battery into a high voltage of 30,000 volts to create a spark to ignite gas in a car cylinder, which ignites the gas and air into a combustion. It's all engineered for correct timing, that's called a camshaft.

Anyways, Sarge figured out how to shock Hubbard without killing him.


 
The request for build electric shock Emeter


From Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior:


Sarge (Steve Pfauth): So, anyway, he (L. Ron Hubbard) wanted to see me. So I went into the Bluebird and sat down. And he sat across from me and he said, “Sarge,”…boy I wish I had written it all down because I don’t want to goof it up, because this is kind of important. Basically he said, “Sarge, I need you to do something.” He wanted me to build him a machine that would get rid of the bts [body thetans] and kill the body.


Mark (“Marty” Rathbun): Wow.


Sarge: Yeah. It’s kind of heavy. It struck me real hard. He told me a few things. He said, “Yeah, I’ve done all I can do here and I’m just… I’m not coming back. I’m leaving and I am not coming back.” He wanted to die, basically. You know, his body was going to hell and all that stuff. He was having trouble with bts.


Mark: And you say that was in late ʼ85?


Sarge: Yeah. Fall of ʼ85. Yeah, it was right around October.


Mark: Like three months before he died.


Sarge: Yeah, like three or four months. So, I didn’t want to do it. But I didn’t tell him that. And I was hoping I could talk to Pat because Annie insisted that I build the machine. And I said, “Annie, I don’t know that much about building machines that fry people, you know what I mean?”


Mark: Well, did he describe how it should be done?


Sarge: Basically, he wanted to hook it up to the e-meter. And he wanted enough voltage in there that it would get rid of the bts. And I asked him about voltages and I asked him some questions…it was so long ago. And, uh, well, I gotta tell ya, it upset me a lot.


Mark: I bet. So, the idea was that you’d be holding the cans…


Sarge: Turn the thing on and then, in other words, he was gonna audit the bts away and the body was gonna die.


Mark: Right. So there would be enough voltage to kill the body?


Sarge: To do it all. How he figured I was going to figure that out, I have no idea…


… Sarge: Yeah. Earlier on I cooked for LRH. He thought I was a good cook. And then he got sick. Anyway, what happened was I was very upset. So I got pissy-ass drunk and Annie found me about four o’clock in the morning with beer cans all over the green truck, out at the racetrack. I had passed out on the seat. And she was screaming at me, “Oh, you son of a bitch!” Oh man, she laid into me. And I said, “All right, Annie,” and my head was hurting. But I was upset, I was very upset. I was crying and everything. That was a rough time. Very rough. Uh, so anyway, then days went by, okay? And Annie kept saying, “He wants to know about the machine, he wants to know about the machine. What are you doing on the machine?” Annie says, “If you don’t do anything on this Sarge, he’s going to get the local electrician to build one for him.” Can you picture that?


Mark: Wow. That would have been a…


Sarge: I said “No way, man.” So I had to show some progress. So I went to an electronics place in San Luis Obispo and I bought some Tesla coils and some up-transformer things and I got all sorts of things. I basically built him a battery-operated automotive coil type thing. This is my reasoning now, Marty. If he gets zapped by that sucker, it’s gonna shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. Okay?


Mark: Okay.


Sarge: It’ll shock him but it ain’t gonna kill him. It’ll scare him and he won’t want to do it again.


Mark: These are like 12-volt batteries?


Sarge: Yeah. But the voltage is going to go way up on a transformer. It’s like an automotive coil sort of thing.


Mark: So your thought, what you understand is that he is not going to get…


Sarge: I’m not frying him!


Mark: Exactly. I gotcha.


Sarge: I didn’t want anything that is going to plug into the wall. I didn’t want to fry him, but I didn’t want to tell him I didn’t want to fry him. You know what I mean?


Mark: Yeah, I think about what you are saying right now, and I try to put myself into your position and I…


Sarge: It was very difficult. I didn’t want to kill the old man. So anyway, he used the thing and he fried up my Mark VI [e-meter]. I had a Mark VI that got fried.


Mark: He used it?


Sarge: Yeah.


Mark: LRH actually used it?


Sarge: Yeah, it was my Mark VI, yeah. And it fried the Mark VI. I knew that was going to happen. Fried it.


Mark: You mean he actually tried…


Sarge: Oh, yeah. It had burn marks on it and everything.


Mark: He didn’t get burnt?


Sarge: He may have. But after that there was no more mention of any machines. And that was my intention. That was my intention.


Mark: He probably got a good, hard jolt.


Sarge: I think it scared him, or something.


Mark: And it burned the plastic?


Sarge: It was burnt. It was fried. The insides were gone. Because, you know, those things are like a computer. You can’t put that much power into them without zapping them…I do think people need to know. I just wish at the time when I first blew that I would have written it all down. But I carried it because I had no terminals [people to talk to].
"Sarge: It was burnt. It was fried. The insides were gone. Because, you know, those things are like a computer. You can’t put that much power into them without zapping them…I do think people need to know. I just wish at the time when I first blew that I would have written it all down. But I carried it because I had no terminals [people to talk to]. "

I understand Sarge, after you BLEW, you wish you have written it down and I also understand you had no terminals. Life was different back then. Thanks for saying what you did in the end.
 
He had a less than average early seventies.


Hester Ford

116 years old

famous quote ... Soup Cans? Well I've opened a few Tomato Soups in my days. I guess I held those cans (chuckle)




081620-news-hester-ford-celebrates-birthday-oldest-woman-in-the-us.jpg


now I appreciate that the E Meter does detect some thoughts. and some of Hubbard's stolen methods helped many people.

but Mr Fake Superman should have easily lived to 100 if he was not so full of bs and lies.
 
Because Sarge did not have others to talk to, he did write to long term trusted messengers Terri Gamboa and Janis Grady, and sent them
detailed information in real time as it was happening ~~ Hubbard asking for shock machine etc.
This wasn't some invention years later, Sarge cried out for help by telling trust friends in writing at Int Base.
The cult cannot deny such DOCS written as it was happening by palming him off as some drunken odd jobber that Hubbard
did not talk to and request such.
 
Last edited:
Because Sarge did not have others to talk to, he did write to long term trusted messengers Terri Gamboa and Janis Grady, and sent them
detailed information in real time as it was happening ~~ Hubbard asking for shock machine etc.
This wasn't some invention years later, Sarge cried out for help by telling trust friends in writing at Int Base.
The cult cannot deny such DOCS written as it was happening by palming him off as some drunken odd jobber that Hubbard
did not talk to and request such.

Unless there are copies outside of official cult archives, then they can deny and no way to prove them wrong directly.
Of course, the circumstancial evidence and multiple witnesses that corroborate the history of Hubbard's last days is more than enough to establish credibility.
 
Sustainability means having new offerings because there is only a very limited flock of true believers to hit on for re-sign services.
There's also the factor that their power over you depends on their ability to deny you access to the rest of "the Bridge". But someone who has completed all there is --- he is now free of any further control.

Their ability to control is dependent upon there not being any end to The Bridge.
 
Long story short: If Hubbard was in full command of his mental capacities and calmly decided to commit suicide.... then why the heck would he need to first sedate-himself with a mood altering drug used to treat psychotics and hysterical patients? And why would he have had the drug administered by an injection to the buttocks?
You're right. For suicide, it would be unnecessary.

To get a subject in a state where you could accomplish his murder with minimum fuss, it could be very useful.

By that point, a still -living LRH, with all the legal issues that still hovered over him and which made it necessary for him to remain in hiding, had become a liability.
 
You're right. For suicide, it would be unnecessary.

To get a subject in a state where you could accomplish his murder with minimum fuss, it could be very useful.

By that point, a still -living LRH, with all the legal issues that still hovered over him and which made it necessary for him to remain in hiding, had become a liability.
I'm not so sure about murder, since the coroner's report clearly stated that there's no signs of violence or foul play.

At this point I think I can contemplate two options:
Variant 1. Hubbard's health, both physical and mental was in a downward spiral since early 1985. That the stroke he had in early 1986 was clearly the beginning of the end and nothing substantial could have been done to help him. In this variant vistaril was just used to keep him calm during his inevitable final decline towards the end.

Variant 2. Similar as above, just with Hubbard's health being bad, but not terminal. Then perhaps Dave, Pat and Denk decided they would rather have Hubbard die than linger on for several more years in a state of poor mental health. So perhaps they just opted out of treatment that would have prolonged Ron's life and went for only minimal palliative care waiting for him to die of natural causes. That would in my book be "criminal neglect", but not really murder.


What I'm not seeing is signs of suicide or signs that Hubbard was of sound mind and with full awareness of what is going on.

That's about the health-side of things.

The matter of that last will - that's a totally different story. I'm not sure if it was fake or not, my current best guess is that it really was signed by Hubbard, but that it was a Hubbard suffering from very serious dementia who was no longer aware of what he is signing.
 
The matter of that last will - that's a totally different story. I'm not sure if it was fake or not, my current best guess is that it really was signed by Hubbard, but that it was a Hubbard suffering from very serious dementia who was no longer aware of what he is signing.
Is a person in late stages of dementia going to still have a signature which is recognizably his?
 
Is a person in late stages of dementia going to still have a signature which is recognizably his?
I know people with Alzheimer's can forget very basic things like their address, but can sometimes remember and be able to perform tasks they learned at an early age and did all their life. A mother of one of my neighbors had Altzheimer and she wouldn't even be able to speak to you. But when the mass was on TV, she would perform all the rituals and hand gestures correctly as if she was participating in the mass. Because that's something she did all her life.

So perhaps it was similar for Hubbard? That he signed so many papers over the years that it became a habit that he "automated" and could perform as a sort of reflex action even if some parts of the brain responsible for higher-tier mental processing are not fully operational?

I'm just speculating here, as we do not have his full medical records. But the idea of him signing something without even being aware of what it is - that does not sound implausible to me.
 
Totally agree that it was assisted.
Hubbard was done physically and mentally and he knew it.
I think he was terrified of going into a coma or ending up on life support and then the whole truth would unravel instantly.

Sarge was an uncomplicated person and what he told was not embellished. He considered Hubbard a friend and was very reticent about divulging what he knew.

When a person who has had a stroke and is in a really bad state, predicting the exact time of death is not easy but can be done as in "in the next few days". I'm sure the Vistaril was used to help push him over the edge. Maybe something else (untraceable) was used too.

Pat Broeker, if he's still alive, knows. Mithoff knows. Miscavige knows.

Idk how accurate a prediction ‘in the next few days’ would be, even for someone terminal and in bad shape.

Its heart-wrenching to see families say their goodbyes thinking someone will be gone in days and then they carry on for weeks, even months. They cannot be denied food or water, but they slowly eat and drink less and less and waste away, literally starving to death before your eyes. It’s horrible I’ve never see any evidence of anything like that with Hubbard.
 
Is a person in late stages of dementia going to still have a signature which is recognizably his?

Or someone who suffered a stroke controlling the intricate physical motion required to write a legible signature with smooth strokes? Really, how many healthy people have perfectly smooth strokes in their signature after age 65?

This is not the signature of a sick, 74 year old man with dementia who suffered a stroke.

 
Or someone who suffered a stroke controlling the intricate physical motion required to write a legible signature with smooth strokes? Really, how many healthy people have perfectly smooth strokes in their signature after age 65?

This is not the signature of a sick, 74 year old man with dementia who suffered a stroke.

That's a good point.

We have the problem of not having much trustworthy and independent data on Hubbard's last month. We have the coroner's report and not much else.
 
What on god's green earth would qualify as trustworthy and independent data?
An autopsy report from an autopsy performed by a non-scientology medical expert. Hubbard's medical records if he were to be treated by a non-scientology doctor. This sorts of things.

Currently we have just the coroner's report.
 
An autopsy report from an autopsy performed by a non-scientology medical expert. Hubbard's medical records if he were to be treated by a non-scientology doctor. This sorts of things.

Currently we have just the coroner's report.

You're dreaming.
 
Back
Top