Members of the Nation of Islam are practicing the religion of Scientology

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Tell us, Scientology Clear Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad, is it good to "have" things, or is it bad to "have" things?

Sister Nayyirah made the first Instagram post on 4/30/21. It clearly implies that it is good to "have" things. Otherwise, why bother to say that, "To the degree you can reach will be the degree you can have?"

Screenshot_20210502-164059_1619998948079.png

Sister Nayyirah made the second Instagram post two days later on 5/2/21. It clearly implies that it is bad to "have" things because having things stifles creativity.

Screenshot_20210502-163920_1619998982628.png

Which is it? Is it good to have things, or is it bad to have things?

/

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Scientology Freedom Medal Winner Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad prays to "The Supreme Being Named Master Fard Muhammad." This is shirk.

As the Learning Religions website correctly summarizes:

"The most fundamental article of faith in Islam is belief in strict monotheism (tawhid). The opposite of tawhid is known as shirk, or associating partners with Allah. This is often translated as polytheism.

Shirk is the one unforgivable sin in Islam, if one dies in this state. Associating a partner or others with Allah is a rejection of Islam and takes one outside of the faith."

Verse 4:116 of the The Qur’an (Muhammad Asad translation entitled, "The Message of the Qur'an") states:

"VERILY, God does not forgive the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him, although He forgives any lesser sin unto whomever He wills: for those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God have indeed gone far astray."

This is what Scientology Freedom Medal Winner Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad says:

2021050607005736900_1620309679311.png

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Scientology Freedom Medal Winner Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad prays to "The Supreme Being Named Master Fard Muhammad." This is shirk.

As the Learning Religions website correctly summarizes:

"The most fundamental article of faith in Islam is belief in strict monotheism (tawhid). The opposite of tawhid is known as shirk, or associating partners with Allah. This is often translated as polytheism.

Shirk is the one unforgivable sin in Islam, if one dies in this state. Associating a partner or others with Allah is a rejection of Islam and takes one outside of the faith."

Verse 4:116 of the The Qur’an (Muhammad Asad translation entitled, "The Message of the Qur'an") states:

"VERILY, God does not forgive the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him, although He forgives any lesser sin unto whomever He wills: for those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God have indeed gone far astray."

This is what Scientology Freedom Medal Winner Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad says:

View attachment 11037

/
Yeah, ask an orthodox muslim: "Who are the NOI?" and you will get an answer: "Oh, those are the kuffar, they are not real muslims".

ISNOINews

5/7/21: Scientology Clear, Super Power Completion, Cause Resurgence Rundown Completion, PTS/SP Course Graduate and Classed (i.e., E-Meter) Auditor-in-Training Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad invites you to graduation at the Church of Scientology of Tampa to celebrate the 71st anniversary of Dianetics.

Facebook Groups

/

Karakorum

Yeah, the NOI was already syncretistic, and then you add in Scientology. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

/
I don't think its even scientology that bothers them. Its the: "What?! You pray to some Fard guy instead of praying only to Allah!?" factor.

ISNOINews

I don't think its even scientology that bothers them. Its the: "What?! You pray to some Fard guy instead of praying only to Allah!?" factor.
I am sure that you are right. Then again, what would an orthodox Muslim think of the following line in the Scientology Prayer for Total Freedom?

"Freedom to use and understand Man's potential -- a potential that is God-given and Godlike."

Shirk?

/

Karakorum

I am sure that you are right. Then again, what would an orthodox Muslim think of the following line in the Scientology Prayer for Total Freedom?

"Freedom to use and understand Man's potential -- a potential that is God-given and Godlike."

Shirk?
INTRO NOTE: I lived around and worked with a lot of ex-soviet Muslims and also Pakistanis. So while I can't really speak for these communities, I can hazard a good guess what would be their approach.

My guess here would be that it would all depend how the english term "Godlike" would be translated. And there are two possible ways:

1. Having Divine powers or Divine holiness. In this case it would be sabb and probably borderline blasphemy. In short: real bad and unacceptable.
2. Being similar to God or created in his image. In this case it would be acceptable. This is a long standing Abrahamic tradition and Islam has it explicitly endorsed in a hadith.

ISNOINews

INTRO NOTE: I lived around and worked with a lot of ex-soviet Muslims and also Pakistanis. So while I can't really speak for these communities, I can hazard a good guess what would be their approach.

My guess here would be that it would all depend how the english term "Godlike" would be translated. And there are two possible ways:

1. Having Divine powers or Divine holiness. In this case it would be sabb and probably borderline blasphemy. In short: real bad and unacceptable.
2. Being similar to God or created in his image. In this case it would be acceptable. This is a long standing Abrahamic tradition and Islam has it explicitly endorsed in a hadith.
Really good analysis. However, we know that in Scientology they mean "having Divine powers."

/

Karakorum

Really good analysis. However, we know that in Scientology they mean "having Divine powers."

/
I've seen scn trying to weasel out of tighter spots in the past. But I agree, if a Muslim would find out in depth what Hubbard was all about, it would become apparent that these two "applied religious philosophies" are not compatible.

ISNOINews

I've seen scn trying to weasel out of tighter spots in the past. But I agree, if a Muslim would find out in depth what Hubbard was all about, it would become apparent that these two "applied religious philosophies" are not compatible.
I previously posted threads about the following, but just in case you missed them:

Academic paper:

Islam & Scientology: A Comparative Theological and Juristic Perspective, by Hossam Ed-Deen Allam.

Islam & Scientology: A Comparative Theological and Juristic Perspective

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Islam & Scientology: A Comparative Theological and Juristic Perspective

By Hossam Ed-Deen Allam

Having received several questions concerning the stance of Islam on Scientology, in his capacity as a member of Al-Azhar Fatwa Global Centre and as a lecturer at the Law school at Al-Azhar University in Cairo, the author, through employing an analytical approach, aims to provide a methodological clarification concerning the stance of Islam on Scientology as far as theology and jurisprudence are concerned.

Key Words
Islam · Scientology · Theology · Jurisprudence · Al-Azhar · Fatwa · Religion · Comparative Religion · Religious Studies · Contemporary Issues ·

The stance of Islam on Scientology

Prior to presenting the stance of Islam on scientology, there exist a number of facts that need to be highlighted in order to clarify the understructure of this stance.

Firstly, Respect Towards Human of All Faiths

In principle, the relation of the Muslim with fellow humans of other faith traditions is founded on mutual respect and mutual understanding.

“O humanity! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you may ˹get to˺ know one another. Surely the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous among you. Allah is truly All-Knowing, AllAware.” al-Hujurat (The Chambers) 49:13

“O believers! Do not insult what they invoke besides Allah or they will insult Allah spitefully out of ignorance. This is how We have made each people’s deeds appealing to them. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them of what they used to do.” al-An`am (Cattle, Livestock) 6:108

Thus, insulting what Muslims deem as false deities as well as their worshippers is forbidden in Islam regardless of the actual result that such conduct may lead to.

Secondly, No Compromise on Islamic Creed

“Certainly, Allah’s only Way is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture did not dispute ˹among themselves˺ out of mutual envy until knowledge came to them. Whoever denies Allah’s signs, then surely Allah is swift in reckoning.” al-Imran (The Family of Imran, The House of Imran) 3:19

“If one seeks a faith other than Islam, it will never be accepted from them, and in the Hereafter they will be among the losers.” al-Imran (The Family of Imran) 3:85

"Today I have perfected your faith for you, completed My favour upon you, and chosen Islam as your way." al-Ma`idah (The Table Spread) 5:3

Jabir told that when ‘Umar came to the Prophet saying, “We hear from Jews traditions which charm us, so do you think we should write down some of them ?” he replied, “Are you in a state of confusion as the Jews and the Christians were? I have brought them to you white and pure, and if Moses were alive he would feel it absolutely necessary to follow me.” Ahmad transmitted it, and also Baihaqi in Shu’ab al-iman.

Thirdly, No Secrecy in the Teachings and Acts of Worship in Islam

Say, OProphet, “This is my way. I invite to Allah based on clear and sure knowledge —I and those who follow me. Glory be to Allah, and I am not one of the polytheists.” Yusuf (Joseph) 12:108

“Proclaim publicly what you are commanded to and turn away from those who ascribe partners to Allah.” al-Hijr (The Rock, Stoneland, Rock City) 15:94

"Let there be no compulsion in religion, for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood." al-Baqarah (The Cow) 2:256

Fourthly, No Monetization of the teachings and acts of worship in Islam

Say, O Prophet, “I ask no reward of you for this guidance—it is a reminder to the whole world.” al-An`am (Cattle, Livestock) 6:90

“Follow those who do not ask you for any payment; they are rightly guided.” (Ya-Seen) 36:21

“Or are you ˹O Prophet˺ asking them for a reward for the message so that they are overburdened by debt?” at-Tur (The Mountain) 52:40

The Islamic Ruling on Joining Scientology

Accordingly, in addition to the evident fact that a Muslim does not need to join scientology, it is not permissible for a Muslim to become a scientologist.

Applying Scienology-related practices, such as auditing for psychological benefit

It is only permissible if it is medically established and scientifically proven that there is a benefit. Noteworthy, a Muslim must ensure that their privacy is maintained and spend their money rationally.

Narrated Abu Hurairah: that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wisdom is the lost property of the believer, so wherever s/he finds it, then s/he is more worthy of it."

"Surely those who misuse their wealth are following Satan in the same way that Satan proved to be ungrateful to his Sustainer." al-Isra` 17:27

Abu Barzah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Man's feet will not move on the Day of Resurrection before he is asked about his life, how did he consume it, his knowledge, what did he do with it, his wealth, how did he earn it and how did he dispose of it, and about his body, how did he wear it out." [AtTirmidhi, who classified it as Hadith Hasan Sahih].

Co-operating with Scientology-affiliated entities for charitable and philanthropic causes

The directives of the Noble Quran and the authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as well as the practices of his rightly-guided caliphs indicate that Islam aims to open the door to cooperation with all on the basis of benevolence, righteousness, peace, and security for all. In fact, Muslims are urged to partake in such cooperation with anyone (individual/ state/ community) who seeks it. Additionally, Muslim are prohibited to be part of any cooperation that is based on or would lead to injustice, oppression, or violence. In this respect, Allah says:

Cooperate with one another in goodness and righteousness, and do not cooperate in sin and transgression. And be mindful of Allah. Surely Allah is severe in punishment. al-Ma`idah (The Table Spread) 5:2

“As for non-Muslims who do not fight you on account of your faith, or drive you forth from your homelands, Allah does not forbid you to show them birr (kindness, love, and respect) and to deal with them with equity, for Allah loves those who act equitably.” [Quran 60:8]

About the author

Hossam Ed-Deen Allam holds the MA of Diplomacy and Religion with Distinction from the department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion at Lancaster University in the UK. His main research area concerns Faith-based Diplomacy, Conflict Transformation, Desectarianisation, and Peacebuilding. In parallel, Allam works as a member of Al-Azhar Fatwa Global Centre in addition to serving as a lecturer of the sources of Islamic jurisprudence at the Faculty of Sharia and Law at Al-Azhar University in Cairo.

Hossam Ed-Deen is a Graduate of Al-Azhar University in Cairo from the Faculty of Shari’ah and Law in English. He has served as lecturer of Islamic jurisprudence and its principles at the renowned Al-Azhar mosque in Cairo and has served as religious leader a number of communities in North America including NYC. Through his years of community work, he has provided training and guidance to government departments along with developing educational projects and community centers.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Screenshot_20210424-080128_1619277767140.png

Screenshot_20210424-080141_1619277823313.png

Screenshot_20210424-080156_1619277962819-1.png

Screenshot_20210424-080221_1619277991147.png

The substance of the above paper is published on About Islam as follows.

About Islam: What is the position of Islam on Scientology? Can a Muslim become a Scientologist? [Answer: No.]

* * * * * BEGIN SHORT ANSWER * * * * *

Q. What is the position of Islam on Scientology? Can a Muslim become a Scientologist?

ANSWER

Hossam Ed-Deen Allam

13 October, 2020

Short Answer:

To begin, in principle, the relation of the Muslim with those of other faith traditions is founded on mutual respect and understanding.

Secondly, the Quran and hadith specifically state that there is no compromise on Islamic creed.

Thirdly, the Quran emphasizes that there is no secrecy in the teachings and acts of worship in Islam.

Lastly, the Quran states that there should be no monetization of the teachings and acts of worship in Islam accordingly.

Accordingly, in addition to the evident fact that a Muslim does not need to join Scientology, it is not permissible for a Muslim to become a Scientologist.

* * * * * END SHORT ANSWER * * * * *

/

Karakorum

"Surely those who misuse their wealth are following Satan in the same way that Satan proved to be ungrateful to his Sustainer." al-Isra` 17:27
That's actually a great principle to live by.

... does this mean the Saudis are followers of Satan?

Sorry, I'm just like that. Give me a religious text and I'll make it into a law book trying to find ways to convict people. :confused:

Accordingly, in addition to the evident fact that a Muslim does not need to join Scientology, it is not permissible for a Muslim to become a Scientologist.
Sounds like a sensible finding. Not like anyone in NOI will give a flying *%^#@ about it.

ISNOINews

Scientology Clear, Super Power Completion, Cause Resurgence Rundown Completion, PTS/SP Course Graduate and Classed (i.e., E-Meter) Auditor-in-Training Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad says that her incentive is to earn a Scientology "Flag Trained" jacket

Facebook Groups

Screenshot_20210510-065938_1620656078981.png

Screenshot_20210510-065959_1620656108578.png

Screenshot_20210510-070012_1620656148704.png

/

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just not sure how people out and about will value someone that knows alot about flags. Or they may wonder how a flag could do any training. It's very confusing. :dizzy:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
That's actually a great principle to live by.

... does this mean the Saudis are followers of Satan?

Sorry, I'm just like that. Give me a religious text and I'll make it into a law book trying to find ways to convict people. :confused:

Sounds like a sensible finding. Not like anyone in NOI will give a flying *%^#@ about it.
It all comes down to how "misusing wealth" is defined.

In both Scientology and Islam, the highest use of wealth is in advancing the religion.

ISNOINews

Facebook home of Scientology and the Nation of Islam hosts tour of allegedly homophobic and anti-LGBTQ documentary "Buck Breaking."

Repair of the Black Family, the public Facebook home of Scientology and the Nation of Islam, hosts the "Buck Breaking" documentary tour by Scientology Youth for Human Rights Award Winner Nation of Islam Brother Rizza Islam.

The tour announcement was posted by Scientology Clear, Super Power Completion, Cause Resurgence Rundown Completion, PTS/SP Course Graduate and Classed (i.e., E-Meter) Auditor-in-Training Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad.

Screenshot_20210601-182808_1622599238702.png

Brother Rizza Islam is also featured in the documentary.

Screenshot_20210601-183706_1622599412176.png

Some in the LGBTQ community argue that the documentary is homophobic because it allegedly: (1) conflates homosexual rape in the past with consensual homosexual activity in the present; and (2) thus uses homosexual rape in the past to denigrate and disparage consensual homosexual activity in the present, and to promote anti-LGBTQ hatred.

The IMDb description of the movie is:

"As a new threat to Black masculinity rises, Tariq "K-Flex" Nasheed joins forces in this documentary to uncover the hidden agenda behind it.'

The Amazon description of the movie is:

"Buck Breaking is a documentary film about the historic sexual exploitation of Black people globally. The film shows the correlation between the historic exploitation of Black men during slavery and the Jim Crow era, to the Buck Breaking tactics used today."

This is the official trailer for the documentary:

/

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Nation of Islam Brother David Muhammad relates the book Creation of Human Ability by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to the Study Guides by Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Facebook Groups

Repair Of The Black Family !!!!!!!! Public Group
Peace Family,

I pray you all are well. I read something today in my study that I must share as it relates to the spiritual laws of Freedom, Justice and Equality in our quest to Self Improvement.

(To those of us who recognize what is real and what is not I have something for you if you are willing to submit to this universal truth and universal law. )

“ The freedom of an individual depends upon that individuals freedom to alter his considerations of space, energy, time and forms of life, and his roles in it. If he cannot change his mind about these, he is then fixed and enslaved amidst barriers such as those of physical universe and barriers of his own creation. Man this is seen to be enslaved by barriers of his own creation. He creates these barriers himself or by agreeing with things which hold these barriers to be actual.

There is a basic series of assumptions in processing, which assumptions do not alter the philosophy of Scientology. The first of these assumptions is that Man can have greater freedom. The second is that so long as he remains relatively sane, he desires a greater freedom. And the third assumption that auditing degenerates into “the observation effect” which is of course a goalless, soulless pursuit and is, indeed, a pursuit which has degraded what is called “modern science”. The goal of processing is to bring an individual into such thorough communication with the physical universe that he can regain the power and ability of his own considerations. (Postulates) - L. Ron HubbardThe Creation of Human Ability pg 25 & 26.

“Dear Believer, how we perceive any set of facts reveals us, because based upon our perception and faith, we react accordingly. Jesus said, “hear and understand: Not: that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which comets out of the mouth, this defileth a man.” Matthew 15:10 Your calculation is based upon your perception of what came in. What comes out is not the fact, but your perception of the fact and that reveals you. May Allah bless you in your examination of your perception, that we may make our perception line up with that of Allah, Who is the only Reality. Thank you for reading these few words. I hope this letter will serve as preparation for Study Guide Number 12. “

As Salaam Alaikum your brother, Louis Farrakhan

pg 32 & 33 of the letter Study Guides 10-18 book Volume 2

Four Great Impediments to Self-Improvement are: Racism - Sexism - Nationalism - Materialism pg. 36

I pray Allah this is relative to “our” stage of development.

/

ISNOINews

Nation of Islam Sister Latricia Chris Young Muhammad has completed the Scientology Drug Rundown.

She says: "Allah is the Greatest. We thank Him for the Minister for guiding us to the Technology of Mr Hubbard."

Screenshot_20210709-143423_1625866951012.png

Love/Peace, yesterday I attested to the Scientology Drug Rundown. It was my first subjective auditing and it's was brief but effective. Please let me share that I had been listening to "Belief in Allah", by the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan and could hear FORMULA in his words of what we say is speaking things into existence. So I made a decision to not allow some barriers in my mind to stop me from the next action on the Bridge. At the same time I also worked on the How to Get Motivated Course. This too was apart of a FORMULA I was striving to work out. After completing the rundown, I immediately noticed in the course room that my understanding was clearer. It truly was as if a light was switched on. I went to make notes again listening to " Belief in Allah", and moved out on a small business transaction. I kept saying the Refuge Prayer and saying to myself, "Faith the grain of a mustard seed". I kept saying that. The transaction was successful, I attested a few minutes later and here is a little picture. Thank you for reading. Allah is the Greatest. We thank Him for the Minister for guiding us to the Technology of Mr Hubbard. The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan said he found something for us.

/

ISNOINews

Nation of Islam Sister Latricia Chris Young Muhammad analogizes the Scientology Condition Formulas (Formulas For Living) to Quran Sura 8:53.

Screenshot_20210720-093422_1626803278673.png

8:53 This is because Allah never changes a favour which He has conferred upon a people until they change their own condition — and because Allah is Hearing, Knowing —On this course one will learn of the Conditions Formula which guide life and consist of practical steps to take to improve any condition in life from personal finances, relationships, business activity and personal production. This is an interesting cover. The frame at the bottom of the ladder has cracks on it and it smooths out as you go up the ladder. There is light the color of Amber as with the Wheel.

/