Glycol and Alcohol

La La Lou Lou

From what I remember reading thetans get stuck like flies to flypaper to a mixture of Glycol and Alcohol, this is used between lives and just to trap thetans before shipping them to the nearest volcano. I think I remember reading that bodies in pawn are kept floating in vats of the stuff. Do you mix the two liquids together and suddenly find that you leave your body stuck to the inside of the test tube, whereby you drop the glass and you end up stuck to the carpet?

Is this just some metaphorical confession that Hubbard was addicted to spirits?

Does this even exist as a substance, as far as I can work out alcohol and glycol are pretty much the same thing.

Did anyone ever question the science of this?

I also remember him saying that a woman's body was a perfect theta trap. Did he ever think that women might not agree with that? Maybe it's just another confession that he was a lecherous old man who had trouble looking a woman in the eye because they were glued to her chest?

What is it all about, did Hubbard just talk in metaphors, thinking he was remembering the distant past, but actually being in a dream like trance, all the time?

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
From what I remember reading thetans get stuck like flies to flypaper to a mixture of Glycol and Alcohol, this is used between lives and just to trap thetans before shipping them to the nearest volcano. I think I remember reading that bodies in pawn are kept floating in vats of the stuff. Do you mix the two liquids together and suddenly find that you leave your body stuck to the inside of the test tube, whereby you drop the glass and you end up stuck to the carpet?

Does this even exist as a substance, as far as I can work out alcohol and glycol are pretty much the same thing.

I also remember him saying that a woman's body was a perfect theta trap. Did he ever think that women might not agree with that? Maybe it's just another confession that he was a lecherous old man who had trouble looking a woman in the eye because they were glued to her chest?

What is it all about, did Hubbard just talk in metaphors, thinking he was remembering the distant past, but actually being in a dream like trance, all the time?
As far as I'm concerned, if you ignore the abject failure of auditing to produce the awesome results Hubbard promised us it would, and ignore the fact that so much of what he wrote was contradictory, and ignore the lies he told about his childhood and his war record, those few paragraphs of the OTIII narrative should be enough to convince anybody that it was nothing but a second-rate piece of science fiction and that scientology in general was a hoax and a scam. DC-8's flying from star sector to star sector at superluminal speeds? Yeah right.

If you were a sci-fi author and you wanted to come up with a name for an evil intergalactic warlord, Xenu would be just perfect wouldn't it? 'Pete' just doesn't cut it somehow.

Last edited:

tesseract

patron with horrors
@La La Lou Lou

Glycol and alcohol (ethanol in chemical language - there are many other "alcohols") are definitely not the same substance, but AFAIK they can be mixed.

As ridiculous as it might be, but as I like to write myself, I've given that some thought why he might have come up with these two particular substances. The likely answers: Because he was an uneducated twat who knew no other chemicals with interesting sounding names (in a time before the internet), and also because most people would know these names. Also due to glycol being used as an antifreeze agent and the known capability of alcohol to preserve stuff and kill bacteria they would bring up vague sinister associations with cryogenic procedures.

I only know of them being mentioned in the Xenu story of OTIII, could you tell more about the other places they're being mentioned?

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Given that glycol and ethanol are physical universe substances and that a thetan is not part of the physical universe, how did Hubbard explain why thetans would be affected by this stuff?
He didn't, but a true-blue scientologist would never have the temerity to question anything Hubbard ever said. Not if his/her eternity was to be assured anyway.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

@La La Lou Lou

Glycol and alcohol (ethanol in chemical language - there are many other "alcohols") are definitely not the same substance, but AFAIK they can be mixed.

As ridiculous as it might be, but as I like to write myself, I've given that some thought why he might have come up with these two particular substances. The likely answers: Because he was an uneducated twat who knew no other chemicals with interesting sounding names (in a time before the internet), and also because most people would know these names. Also due to glycol being used as an antifreeze agent and the known capability of alcohol to preserve stuff and kill bacteria they would bring up vague sinister associations with cryogenic procedures.

I only know of them being mentioned in the Xenu story of OTIII, could you tell more about the other places they're being mentioned?
I think it's in the bodies in pawn chapter in History of Man, I haven't a sciEntologyscn book in the house though Dull old Paul might know... he is interested in between lives stuff.

D

Deleted member 51

:roflmao: What most people don't know is there are thousands of BTs trapped and stuck to containers of anti-freeze and inside their auto cooling systems. These can only be freed by running OT3. :omg: Apparently antifreeze makes a very sticky thetan trap, but they were told that if they swam in antifreeze, they couldn't be frozen by Xenu but it was a lie and antifreeze works the opposite on thetans and actually froze them. That sneaky Xenu!

"Ethylene glycol is the most widely used automotive cooling-system antifreeze, although methanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, and propylene glycol are also used. "

Last edited by a moderator:

tesseract

patron with horrors
Given that glycol and ethanol are physical universe substances and that a thetan is not part of the physical universe, how did Hubbard explain why thetans would be affected by this stuff?
What, have you never been stuck in the midst of a ring of anthocyanins, or in a hemoglobin molecule, and thought "Damn... that's pretty!!"? :D

D

Deleted member 51

What, have you never been stuck in the midst of a ring of anthocyanins, or in a hemoglobin molecule, and thought "Damn... that's pretty!!"? :D
:LOL: :roflmao:

Oh wow, you're right. Looking closely at really tiny, colorful things that move is such a trap, it's so beautiful and hypnotic, and a ring of anthocyanins or the inside of a hemoglobin molecule is pure thetan glue for spectacular hypnotic effect!1571518043369.png.

:LOL:

Attachments

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
As far as I'm concerned, if you ignore the abject failure of auditing to produce the awesome results Hubbard promised us it would, and ignore the fact that so much of what he wrote was contradictory, and ignore the lies he told about his childhood and his war record, those few paragraphs of the OTIII narrative should be enough to convince anybody that it was nothing but a second-rate piece of science fiction and that scientology in general was a hoax and a scam. DC-8's flying from star sector to star sector at superluminal speeds? Yeah right.

If you were a sci-fi author and you wanted to come up with a name for an evil intergalactic warlord, Xenu would be just perfect wouldn't it? 'Pete' just doesn't cut it somehow.
There's another giveaway when he used the DC-8's as spacecraft. Knowing what we know now, why would anyone use such an inefficient design (indeed, technically unworkable) for space travel transporting trillions of imprisoned thetans? I bet those planes would have been guided by a couple of handfuls of (gasp!) transistors!

I guess back in our earlier days it was easier to bamboozle us with these stories, given that the DC-8 was state of the art transport then.
Glycol and alcohol mixes were not common everyday names then as well, although known to a number of everyday folks. Those words would have carried a mystique to them as well.

It is just a simply laughable set of notions by today's standards of knowledge and advances in technology really shows up what twaddle that old twat could speak. If we listened to his tapes all over again (oh dear God, no...), I could see us all rolling around on the floor laughing if we didn't die of boredom first.

La La Lou Lou

There's another giveaway when he used the DC-8's as spacecraft. Knowing what we know now, why would anyone use such an inefficient design (indeed, technically unworkable) for space travel transporting trillions of imprisoned thetans? I bet those planes would have been guided by a couple of handfuls of (gasp!) transistors!
Apparently you could squeeze 290 odd passengers in a DC-8, as they were prisoners you could squeeze in 600 I suppose, so how many planes would have to be flying to carry a trillion passengers, all flying interstellar speeds?

They must have looked really impressive. They are surprisingly modern planes, I thought they were those little rounded silver things from the forties but these look quite modern. There would have been a few million trolly dollies in navy blue uniforms I suppose somewhere between Pan Am staff and Sea Org captain, pointing out the emergency exists and how to blow up a raft in case they had an emergency landing on a planet with water.

And we just accepted this crap?

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently you could squeeze 290 odd passengers in a DC-8, as they were prisoners you could squeeze in 600 I suppose, so how many planes would have to be flying to carry a trillion passengers, all flying interstellar speeds?

They must have looked really impressive. They are surprisingly modern planes, I thought they were those little rounded silver things from the forties but these look quite modern. There would have been a few million trolly dollies in navy blue uniforms I suppose somewhere between Pan Am staff and Sea Org captain, pointing out the emergency exists and how to blow up a raft in case they had an emergency landing on a planet with water.

And we just accepted this crap?

Well you must consider that they were "like" DC-8's - not really DC8's cuz of course DC8's can't fly around the gu-lax-ee. These were much bigger craft, powered by WillBeWas engines, the wings were retractable. Roomy, with space for 10 million glycol'd thetans. You know they didn't ship the damn bodies, the thetans were extracted in the glycol/alchy mix and piped into a very large holding vat. These little details were not in the material but if you had been inside HisSelf's head you'd have known about it.

HelluvaHoax!

Well you must consider that they were "like" DC-8's - not really DC8's cuz of course DC8's can't fly around the gu-lax-ee. These were much bigger craft, powered by WillBeWas engines, the wings were retractable. Roomy, with space for 10 million glycol'd thetans. You know they didn't ship the damn bodies, the thetans were extracted in the glycol/alchy mix and piped into a very large holding vat. These little details were not in the material but if you had been inside HisSelf's head you'd have known about it.

Outstanding, you just totally debunked all the anti-scientology cults!!!

Your mathematical modeling proves that transporting one trillion BTs was a very simple task. And--further supporting the science behind Dr. Hubbard's wholetrack discoveries. . .

- - One trillion (1,000,000,000,000) beings could be transported by first building 100,000 like-DC-8s, each quite comfortably accommodating 10 million BT passengers in Business Class with plenty of leg-room.​
-- Therefore, by utilizing 100,000 planes at 100,000 different airports, all of them could have taken off within one-hour.​
-- After that one-hour rush, the airports would have quickly resumed normal operations and the new fleet of 100,000 DC-8s (when they returned from Teegeack) could have been converted to homeless shelters for DBs (destitute beings) and undocumented aliens from other universes.​

I am quite certain that since Xenu's civilization was (obviously) high-tech enough to capture and transport a trillion beings across vast intergalactic space, they well could have worked out all the airport and passenger logistical congestions by simply using Uber and avoiding traffic jams that otherwise would have resulted from a sudden influx of 10M passengers at the curbside drop-off spot.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
oh.

Musta missed that bit....

:blush:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Outstanding, you just totally debunked all the anti-scientology cults!!!

Your mathematical modeling proves that transporting one trillion BTs was a very simple task. And--further supporting the science behind Dr. Hubbard's wholetrack discoveries. . .

- - One trillion (1,000,000,000,000) beings could be transported by first building 100,000 like-DC-8s, each quite comfortably accommodating 10 million BT passengers in Business Class with plenty of leg-room.​
-- Therefore, by utilizing 100,000 planes at 100,000 different airports, all of them could have taken off within one-hour.​
-- After that one-hour rush, the airports would have quickly resumed normal operations and the new fleet of 100,000 DC-8s (when they returned from Teegeack) could have been converted to homeless shelters for DBs (destitute beings) and undocumented aliens from other universes.​

I am quite certain that since Xenu's civilization was (obviously) high-tech enough to capture and transport a trillion beings across vast intergalactic space, they well could have worked out all the airport and passenger logistical congestions by simply using Uber and avoiding traffic jams that otherwise would have resulted from a sudden influx of 10M passengers at the curbside drop-off spot.

No they didn't have Uber, it was the GUBER, the Galactic Undercover Being Exportation Regiment. Volcano-side drop-off was perfected early on.

HelluvaHoax!

No they didn't have Uber, it was the GUBER, the Galactic Undercover Being Exportation Regiment. Volcano-side drop-off was perfected early on.
LOL!

Well, 75 million years is a long time and many of the readers here (including myself) have misplaced our Self Analysis "recall disc", so thanks for refreshing everyone's memory about GUBER!

I found a really old but lovely photo from 75M years ago!

That's you and your wife in the back seat and me and my ex, in the front. Remember?

1571549431260.png

HELPFUL REMINDER: We were super upstat whales at that time, so we were not forced to suffer the indignities of reporting to the GUBER drop-off spot. That place was a zoo! Naturally Mr. Xenu gave us our own private VIP valet drop-off location at the airport and a private DC-8 with only 1,000 passengers--so we all had private cabins, king sized beds and an open bar. I am still pretty pissed off that the briefing and glamorous travel brochure that Xenu gave us looked like paradise, and then we got blown up in those cocksucking volcanoes with all the other DBs & BTs anyways!

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!

Well, 75 million years is a long time and many of the readers here (including myself) have misplaced our Self Analysis "recall disc", so thanks for refreshing everyone's memory about GUBER!

I found a really old but lovely photo from 75M years ago!

That's you and your wife in the back seat and me and my ex, in the front. Remember?

HELPFUL REMINDER: We were super upstat whales at that time, so we were not forced to suffer the indignities of reporting to the GUBER drop-off spot. That place was a zoo! Naturally Mr. Xenu gave us our own private VIP valet drop-off location at the airport and a private DC-8 with only 1,000 passengers--so we all had private cabins, king sized beds and an open bar. I am still pretty pissed off that the briefing and glamorous travel brochure that Xenu gave us looked like paradise, and then we got blown up in those cocksucking volcanoes with all the other DBs & BTs anyways!

Ah the memories! Yes, and I must say that that 36 day movie was THE WORST EVA! OMG I curse Xenu to this day for that cinematic drivel.