Ex-Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Karen#1

Excerpt:

I am publishing this here as it is an invaluable repository of information that should be as widely available as possible. Thanks to TrevAnon (Trevor Horn) for sending this to me. Along with this extensive list are two other invaluable lists below.

This list represents more people than can be rounded up for an event at Flag these days. If you want to see the complete list, click here.

And remember, this is the people who hav e bravely spoken out publicly. There are perhaps 10 times this number who have left and said nothing,~~~READ MORE

Type4_PTS

Excerpt from Mike Rinders post:

And remember, this is the people who hav e bravely spoken out publicly. There are perhaps 10 times this number who have left and said nothing,~~~READ MORE
I believe the real number of those who have left and said nothing is between 50 and 100 times this number.

In other words, for every 100 who left the cult only 1 or 2 have publicly spoken out.

Last edited:

lotus

Gone away from madness!
I would bit for +100X this number, taking account of only those,
-who were doing service on the bridge, clear and further,
-or on auditor training.

Now if we add all the people who did services on the lower bridge , like a few grades, tr objectives... That would be 1000X

I have worked in DIV6 and DIV4 and I know that the retention factor of people on services was very low. Even most of those on auditor training and on solo nots would eventually leave , quietly... Not to be seen again.

Thank you for this great job and update of theose who spoke out. This is the greatest proof of the abuses being a Scientology cultute.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

So myself and the other C of $ refugees on that list who still practice Scientology in some form or other in the Independent Field are now suddenly "ex-Scientologists" ? Who decided that and on what basis, please ?

Type4_PTS

So myself and the other C of $ refugees on that list who still practice Scientology in some form or other in the Independent Field are now suddenly "ex-Scientologists" ? Who decided that and on what basis, please ?

The actual list very clearly characterizes those on the list as "Former Church of Scientology Members" and not "ex-Scientologists".

Maybe Mike Rinder misunderstood the nature of the list. :unsure:

TheSneakster

The actual list very clearly characterizes those on the list as "Former Church of Scientology Members" and not "ex-Scientologists".
Quite correct, so TrevAnon (compiler of that list) got it right.

Maybe Mike Rinder misunderstood the nature of the list. :unsure:

Maybe. I'll ask him about it on his blog.

Edit Update: I wrote the following comment (awaiting moderation):

Mike Hobson said:
TrevAnon: Good job on compiling that list. I see many long hours went into it.

Mike Rinder: that is not an “ex-Scientologist” list. A good many of those 3177 names are folks who – like myself – practice Scientology in one form or another in the Independent Field. Reclassifying us as “ex-Scientologists” is highly insulting and reinforces David “Darth Midget” Miscavige’s internal propaganda that there is no Scientology available outside of the C of $.

Michael A. Hobson – Independent Scientologist

Last edited:

TheSneakster

Depends how you define "Scientologist".
The word "Scientologist" is actually a trademarked term.

View attachment 20734
Those would be a David "Darth Midget" Miscavige lawyer definitions and not Ron Hubbard Scientology definitions.

In the United States of America, the 1st Amendment to the Constitution has what is called the Establishment Clause which supercedes trademark law by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Not only that, but these forums are not the Church of Scientology and C of $ OSA's notion of U.S. Law is under dispute by most of the membership here, so far as I am aware.

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
So myself and the other C of $ refugees on that list who still practice Scientology in some form or other in the Independent Field are now suddenly "ex-Scientologists" ?
okay. but how many who are "Former Church of Scientology Members" are not also "ex-Scientologists" -- 1 or 2 in 100?

yeah you could have a hair to split, but isn't it a pretty thin one?

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Those would be a David "Darth Midget" Miscavige lawyer definitions and not Ron Hubbard Scientology definitions.
have you checked to see when the term was actually copyrighted? i find that RTC existed in '82 or before....

and wasn't LRH pretty clear, even adamant, that anyone who was not part of his 'church' was not a scientologist in any way shape or form -- and maybe even that anyone claiming to be was nuts and/or should be attacked?

I M Dex

There's been such a proliferation of books, I can hardly keep up. Most recently I've been reading those of Jesse Prince, Ron Miscavige and Sands Hall. Interesting for both the differences and commonalities of perspective.

Type4_PTS

okay. but how many who are "Former Church of Scientology Members" are not also "ex-Scientologists" -- 1 or 2 in 100?

yeah you could have a hair to split, but isn't it a pretty thin one?

Many Scientologists left the CoS and continued to identify as a Scientologist for a time before completely discarding the subject.

But Sneakster signed a billion-year contract as an Indie. :coolwink:

I M Dex

There's been such a proliferation of books, I can hardly keep up. Most recently I've been reading those of Jesse Prince, Ron Miscavige and Sands Hall. Interesting for both the differences and commonalities of perspective.
I laugh every time I think about Jesse Prince speaking about all his experience leading up to and including his having held the top "tech" position of "RTC Tech Inspector", and his having come to the conclusion that "This shit doesn't work". :roflmao:

Bill

Many Scientologists left the CoS and continued to identify as a Scientologist for a time before completely discarding the subject.

But Sneakster signed a billion-year contract as an Indie. :coolwink:
But what version of "Scientology" is the real technology that they believe in? Prior to 1960? Prior to 1980? Ron's Org version? Their own "corrected" version of the "tech"? What kind of Scientologist are they?

Lumping them all under the name "Scientologist" makes it seem like there is ONE Scientology that they all believe in and practice. That is very far from reality.

Type4_PTS

But what version of "Scientology" is the real technology that they believe in? Prior to 1960? Prior to 1980? Ron's Org version? Their own "corrected" version of the "tech"? What kind of Scientologist are they?

Lumping them all under the name "Scientologist" makes it seem like there is ONE Scientology that they all believe in and practice. That is very far from reality.

Yeah, it makes no sense to me why someone would want to extract what they believe to be the good parts and still call it Scientology.

Scientology defrauded hundreds of thousands of people and caused severe damage to many of them.

IMO, it would be like extracting what one believes to be the good parts of the Third Reich, eliminating all the evil, and still calling oneself a Nazi. Why would someone do that?? LOL

I have no problem with people who wish to extract what they believe to be the good parts of Scientology if they don't defraud or otherwise harm others but they seriously need to rebrand their practice! Promoting their version of what they call Scientology which eliminates some of the most harmful aspects could cause people to be curious about Scientology and get sucked into the CoS.